• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdingalong

Smash Rookie
Anyone know what the current highest GSP is?

Lets keep this post updated as you spot them.

NOTE: This thread is NOT about your personal best GSP, unless your personal best GSP is also the highest GSP you've ever seen for that character.

NOTE 2: For the current GSP required to reach Elite Smash, go to http://www.elitegsp.com/
My Current GSP for link is 3 million. I don't think I've seen it higher than that

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Assuming Elite is top 3%, the top is ~3.44 million. Elite is somewhere between 3.330M and 3.335M.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
My Ganon has ridden the wave from 2.6 mil (first got elite) to now at 3.4xxx without fighting a single fight lol

Zarcos

Smash Rookie
Mine is currently 3,415,345 as highest GSP. It’s still increasing by a couple hundred every win, so it can still higher it seems.

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
this isn't really the thread for that, chaos_zero chaos_zero , but you can post that info at http://www.elitegsp.com/ which keeps track of it
Having that information is basically equivalent to having the max GSP, since they're related by a simple coefficient.

Minimum Elite GSP / 0.97 = Max GSP

Max GSP * 0.97 = Minimum Elite GSP.

We can mostly the same information either way, except that reporting Elite GSP will lead to a (slight) ovestimate in max GSP, while knowin the max reported GSP will lead to an underestimate in the GSP threshold.

The two highest of each on this page match this calculation within the margin of error from expected per-game swing.

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Having that information is basically equivalent to having the max GSP, since they're related by a simple coefficient.
Well yeah, part of the purpose of this thread was to determine what that value is. However, how do you know you've found the correct value?

peekpeek

Smash Cadet
Well yeah, part of the purpose of this thread was to determine what that value is. However, how do you know you've found the correct value?
It was speculated from pretty much the first week of the game's release, and matches the overwhelming number of observations. It could be something close to the top 3% without actually being the top 3%, but it is something that basically rounds to 3%. It clearly isn't top 3.5%, as the DeDeDe earlier on this page would have made it in one or two games earlier than he did. And it clearly isn't 2.5%, because that D3 would still have 1-2 more wins to go.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
P peekpeek right, we've known that. I thought you just had more to go on that what we've already known. Until we see something else more definitive, this thread will keep accumulating useful data for deriving that value a little more accurately.

Chills

Smash Rookie

3,433,157 with yoshi
Other scores of note:
3,411,098 Game and Watch
3,412,871 K rool
3,411,591 Chrom
3,412,182 Peach
3,413,363 Marth

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim

3,433,157 with yoshi
Other scores of note:
3,411,098 Game and Watch
3,412,871 K rool
3,411,591 Chrom
3,412,182 Peach
3,413,363 Marth
That Yoshi score is incredible! I've lead the pack on this board for a while, but I can't seem to catch up to that. Great work!

Chills

Smash Rookie
That Yoshi score is incredible! I've lead the pack on this board for a while, but I can't seem to catch up to that. Great work!
Thanks. That said, I ran into a guy named MigX who slammed me with his doctor mario. Dude was sitting at 3,444,XXX after beating me. Worked my way back up, but it's getting pretty rough out here.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
IMG_20190123_235958.jpg
To be honest, GSP is wacky. I keep gaining lots of points with Mii Gunner (more than Zelda at least) because for some reasons, people ragequit a lot againt the Gunner. Seems like they dislike the grenade lauch + bomb drop combo.

And as I also play less with the Gunner I therefore lose less than with Zelda, hence this result.

Edit: I also ran against people with higher scores. It was around 3 440 XXX, so less than the Doctor Mario mentionned above.

Last edited:

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
3,442,629 with rob. I suspect the cap is some proportion of my previous GSP to prince ramen's when I played him since I only checked my GSP growth and haven't actually played since.

ccllr

Smash Cadet
>OP says that the thread is not about posting our GSPs, rather about looking for the highest known
>Everyone is just posting their GSPs
kek

Around 3 million 300k for my Dark Samus, but assuming I was kicked out of Elite I'm assuming there's higher ranks.

Chills

Smash Rookie
>OP says that the thread is not about posting our GSPs, rather about looking for the highest known
if the gsp i have on my character is the highest i know, then I see no problem here : ^)
Edit: Though in all seriousness, i get what you mean, will stick to only posting the highest i can see/remember

Last edited:

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
5 days ago, tho? That means one of three things:

1. You're an awesome zelda who is part of a hopefully growing demographic of Quickplay users who are also Smashboards users

2. You're reporting 5 days later that 5 day old information is still relevant.

3. Both

I'm rootin for both but 2 seems like it might not break 4
The other possibility is the five days ago the dude is just lying. I have seen many people on here giving out numbers that just did not exist at the time they’re posted. People need to start putting pictures up if they’re putting the highest score up on this thread.

if the gsp i have on my character is the highest i know, then I see no problem here : ^)
Edit: Though in all seriousness, i get what you mean, will stick to only posting the highest i can see/remember
I would love to either see the highest GSP people have seen. Or the highest GSP seen on a certain character. Like if somebody sees a Super high-level ice climber I think that’s relevant information.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
The other possibility is the five days ago the dude is just lying. I have seen many people on here giving out numbers that just did not exist at the time they’re posted. People need to start putting pictures up if they’re putting the highest score up on this thread.
I excluded that on his word that he didn't make a typo/lie but yes that's technically a third possibility.

Please use the edit button btw instead of double posting =}

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
I would say the highest right now is about 3.5, it starts moving way too slow after 3.4 it’s possible there’s a 3.6. But everybody knows the real race now is to see you can get the 4,000,000 first. It is definitely coming within the next month or so. So much can change between people if they don’t put in the work to get better at this. I personally am putting in about three hours of practice every single day. I have not missed a beat. I also seem to have worked through my anger in the game if I lose, just focusing on giving my best participation instead of the wind has really helped me a lot. At 3.425 with proof
https://imgur.com/a/yKaiMb0

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
I excluded that on his word that he didn't make a typo/lie but yes that's technically a third possibility.

Please use the edit button btw instead of double posting =}
Can we please start asking people to provide proof of these scores? It is super simple to make a IMGUR link.

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
Confirmation, then. But I won't be posting more images, too much hassle!

Also I'm starting to go through the roster and getting elite with everyone. I thought it would be kind of a fun challenge but I found out an interesting bit of trivia tonight. Due to that blue "placement"/"estimate" GSP being high enough, I can lose once with a character I've never played and get placed in elite from that. Yes, it makes no sense, and it makes this just a matter of playing each character once.

Lanny

Smash Cadet
I've had two other people notice the same thing now, maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seem like players are matched on something beyond GSP level. I hope and assume that ping/location is weighed against GSP differential, but even then I feel like there's some other rank metric that's used for matchmaking than your raw GSP value.

I had the experience of holding steady around ~2.5M GSP for a couple days with a character, then I guess I had a bad day or something and lost a most of my matches in a night and my GSP dropped progressively to the 1M range. I noticed that I was still being matched with players as high as 3M, even though I never saw players that high above me with other characters I had in the 1M range. I did occasionally get a really easy opponent thrown at be, but I'd 3 stock them, my GSP would go up a little, and the next opponent would be around the 2.5M mark again. I've had the reverse happen too, when starting off a new character my GSP would skyrocket but I'll still get matches against low GSP and easy players, and only after a day or two did it start matching me with stronger players.

My guess is that the system takes some kind of average of your GSP at the end of your last N matches and that's the actual number it uses for matchmaking or something. I guess it idea is to keep you from throwing a handful of games in order to torment weaker players? I usually don't sweat GSP too much and actually appreciate continuing to get even/stronger opponents as opposed to having to go through a series of easy wins to get back to even/better players, I just it's interesting if there really is a non-visible matchmaking metric.

Have other people had similar experiences? Arguments for or against? If you think there is something other than GSP/ping used in matchmaking, what do you think it is?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I've had two other people notice the same thing now, maybe it's just a coincidence, but it seem like players are matched on something beyond GSP level. I hope and assume that ping/location is weighed against GSP differential, but even then I feel like there's some other rank metric that's used for matchmaking than your raw GSP value.

I had the experience of holding steady around ~2.5M GSP for a couple days with a character, then I guess I had a bad day or something and lost a most of my matches in a night and my GSP dropped progressively to the 1M range. I noticed that I was still being matched with players as high as 3M, even though I never saw players that high above me with other characters I had in the 1M range. I did occasionally get a really easy opponent thrown at be, but I'd 3 stock them, my GSP would go up a little, and the next opponent would be around the 2.5M mark again. I've had the reverse happen too, when starting off a new character my GSP would skyrocket but I'll still get matches against low GSP and easy players, and only after a day or two did it start matching me with stronger players.

My guess is that the system takes some kind of average of your GSP at the end of your last N matches and that's the actual number it uses for matchmaking or something. I guess it idea is to keep you from throwing a handful of games in order to torment weaker players? I usually don't sweat GSP too much and actually appreciate continuing to get even/stronger opponents as opposed to having to go through a series of easy wins to get back to even/better players, I just it's interesting if there really is a non-visible matchmaking metric.

Have other people had similar experiences? Arguments for or against? If you think there is something other than GSP/ping used in matchmaking, what do you think it is?
There's an MMR running in the background. GSP is a numerical rating based on your success within it.

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
Once you get elite with several characters, you can stop playing them and their gsp will still be growing.
I noticed that most of the characters I didn't play since they've reached elite got the same amount of GSP, roughly 3.366M, which is very close to the average GSP to reach elite on elitegsp.com.
That points out 2 things :

1) This site is pretty dope and people seem to be honest about their numbers as we got a really close approximation
2) It seems that gsp isn't character dependent as everyone seem to believe. Once you stop playing a character that as reached elite he'll get a gsp near the very border of normal/elite qp

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Once you get elite with several characters, you can stop playing them and their gsp will still be growing.
I noticed that most of the characters I didn't play since they've reached elite got the same amount of GSP, roughly 3.366M, which is very close to the average GSP to reach elite on elitegsp.com.
That points out 2 things :

1) This site is pretty dope and people seem to be honest about their numbers as we got a really close approximation
2) It seems that gsp isn't character dependent as everyone seem to believe. Once you stop playing a character that as reached elite he'll get a gsp near the very border of normal/elite qp
The problem with stop playing the characters is that eventually they'll get dropped out of elite due to other players making it in. I've lost Mii Brawler and Mario a few weeks ago from this and my Pikachu is probably on the edge at this point.

TiltSmash

Smash Rookie
3, 444, 237 with Inkling right now, just lost to a Ryu with approximately 3, 448,00

Gizeh

Smash Rookie
The problem with stop playing the characters is that eventually they'll get dropped out of elite due to other players making it in. I've lost Mii Brawler and Mario a few weeks ago from this and my Pikachu is probably on the edge at this point.
The point I was trying to make is that it might actually not work like that. Several unplayed elite characters get to the exact same GSP. Therefore, considering that my GSP for one character is supposed to show my ranking for said character would be pretty far fetch. I would be the exact same rank for Falcon, Link and Inling for example. That does not seem likewise.
GSP would be more of a global ranking system, that would mean that when you're playing Ice climbers, you're still compared to the whole smash player base and not to the Ice climber's mains.
In the same way, never player character have a base-GSP near you're highest one and playing with them will oftenly match you with people also having gsp near your highest one (in my experience) indicating once again that gsp is used to evaluate your smash level and not your Link level. It's basically in the name : global smash power.
I also noticed that since I have 20-ish characters in elite I've been losing way less point. (I can play and lose to the same guy 8 times in a row and still be elite) This could also be seen as an indicator that GSP is globalized and not character dependent (I won't get to 2.5M if 20 of my roster are 3.3M)
I'll link you a video of a guy who got his whole roster to 1 on different account. It basically shows that GSP is not unique (since 2 of his Mario are 1 GSP for example) therefore it's not a ladder between every Mario, less likely (and once again) not character dependent. On the same way, as he got more and more characters to 1GSP, ont took him less and less games to do so (once again, globalized)

Finally, I think the GSP requirement to reach elite is the same for each and every characters, that it is near, if not, the GSP that you're unplayed elite characters get to (extremely close to elitegsp.com's number). It would be very interesting to correalate character's said required gsp difference from the said average gsp required to the number of answer/ character's popularity. Less answers statistically lead to an higher mistake potential and we could expect an higher difference from character gsp requirement to the average requirement. This would plead in favor of globalized gsp.

Hope I was able to express myself clearly and that it could help in the understanding of gsp.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I agree with the GSP elite requirement is the same throughout each character. I've just been quiet when others say that they are different for each character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom