• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
Just saw a Lucina at 3,210,00 GSP, I am currently at 3,204, 074 GSP with Inkling. Should I start signing up for tournaments and show my moves?
I mean you can go to tournaments ofc, but realistically speaking don't really expect to win any big tourney right now haha.

I think that maybe it's just 'easy' to get into Elite Smash (or easier than we think it is), this is coming from someone that hadnt really played Smash for a long time (Even though I had Smash for Wii U), and even without any sort of practices (Just my memories of playing Ness in Wii U) I got into Elite, and I have never been able to win one of my local tourneys (Well, there aren't really weekly tournaments or anything, mostly whenever there is an anime convention in my city there are Smash tournaments, and I have never won any of those)

But let's think about it, if Elite is the top 3.5% pool of players, and Smash obviously sold A LOT OF copies, there's bound to be lot of kids or people that just played online for a couple of matches and stopped. Also as the game continues to sell more, so it's gonna be easier to be part of Elite Smash, since more spots are opened, and I would think people that really are 'competitive' online already have their copy of Ultimate by now, so the new influx of players probably won't be in the top 3.5%

Again, this is coming from someone who, before Ultimate, played Smash for Wii U like 3 years ago, and GSP wise I have been in the 1% (As a lot of users in this thread have), and if you think about it, even being in the 1% of the best players (calculated via GSP), if there are 3'000,000 online Smash Players that means that I am 'only' among the top 30,000 player in the world haha.

So... What does that even mean? It means that in the great scheme of things even if you are... I dunno, say the .01% you are still losing to 300 players..

Other way to put this into context, you said you played a Lucina with 3'210,000 and your Inkling (I assume your strongest character) had a GSP of 3'204,000, let's assume that Lucina player is the strongest player online, that puts you and he/she in a difference of 6,000 GSP.
So in that hypotetical example in your current skill level you would lose to 6,000 players... I know it sounds pesimistic, but it is what it is.

But, I mean sure go to tournaments, that's how you get better, if I had tourneys where I live I would probably attend them every now and then..
I just wouldn't really expect to win them haha, but maybe this limiting belief is bad, Idk, I have always been sorta pesimistic (I call it being realistic lol).. I just play for fun, and wanna get higher GSP.

Last edited:

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
I mean you can go to tournaments ofc, but realistically speaking don't really expect to win any big tourney right now haha.

I think that maybe it's just 'easy' to get into Elite Smash (or easier than we think it is), this is coming from someone that hadnt really played Smash for a long time (Even though I had Smash for Wii U), and even without any sort of practices (Just my memories of playing Ness in Wii U) I got into Elite, and I have never been able to win one of my local tourneys (Well, there aren't really weekly tournaments or anything, mostly whenever there is an anime convention in my city there are Smash tournaments, and I have never won any of those)

But let's think about it, if Elite is the top 3.5% pool of players, and Smash obviously sold A LOT OF copies, there's bound to be lot of kids or people that just played online for a couple of matches and stopped. Also as the game continues to sell more, so it's gonna be easier to be part of Elite Smash, since more spots are opened, and I would think people that really are 'competitive' online already have their copy of Ultimate by now, so the new influx of players probably won't be in the top 3.5%

Again, this is coming from someone who, before Ultimate, played Smash for Wii U like 3 years ago, and GSP wise I have been in the 1% (As a lot of users in this thread have), and if you think about it, even being in the 1% of the best players (calculated via GSP), if there are 3'000,000 online Smash Players that means that I am 'only' among the top 30,000 player in the world haha.

So... What does that even mean? It means that in the great scheme of things even if you are... I dunno, say the .01% you are still losing to 300 players..

Other way to put this into context, you said you played a Lucina with 3'210,000 and your Inkling (I assume your strongest character) had a GSP of 3'204,000, let's assume that Lucina player is the strongest player online, that puts you and he/she in a difference of 6,000 GSP.
So in that hypotetical example in your current skill level you would lose to 6,000 players... I know it sounds pesimistic, but it is what it is.

But, I mean sure go to tournaments, that's how you get better, if I had tourneys where I live I would probably attend them every now and then..
I just wouldn't really expect to win them haha, but maybe this limiting belief is bad, Idk, I have always been sorta pesimistic (I call it being realistic lol).. I just play for fun, and wanna get higher GSP.
Golden post! I wouldn’t correlate your online and real life play, but both are fun so strive to be great at both!

2.4?? I'm 2,9 and not elite, how can u be there?
You fellas are going to need to string together some serious wins, it’s probably 3.1 or 3.15 by now to get in

DE_Desti

Smash Journeyman
lül i still don't know how this GSP works online. what a bull**** way from nintendo. Why not do a ladder just like in Mario Striker Charged Football times, which restart every week (and add a resume so you can follow your progress). That way, everyone would be happy...

PearFinch

Smash Rookie
It appears as if the GSP system keeps getting higher and higher every day. But there is something strange -- apparently, when I'm not doing anything at all, I get a higher GSP the next day to accommodate my rank.

In any case, now I'm at 3.206 million with Ness.

LimeSkinny

Smash Rookie
It appears as if the GSP system keeps getting higher and higher every day. But there is something strange -- apparently, when I'm not doing anything at all, I get a higher GSP the next day to accommodate my rank.

In any case, now I'm at 3.206 million with Ness.
Your GSP is the number of people you're better than. That's why it gets bigger every day, as new players join the game.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
Some dumb ****s on facebook who are calling gsp meaningless, although it is, but still fun as hell, claim to have 3.5 and 3.7 GSP right now.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
Catching up on posts now, but after being away for the weekend I think I have a new chart topper for confirmed scores at 3,235,237, yet again with Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
Just fought a Wolf with 3,249 mil. Needless to say he was pretty good.

My two precious girls ZSS and Corrin are at 3,220 right now.

TiltSmash

Smash Rookie
Thanks all for the replies! Will definitely check out locals and tell you how it goes! Will also start playing more offline to get online bad habits out.

M3RKABO

Smash Rookie
Any ganon higher than 3.2 mil? If not I officially declare myself, best ganon NA
Catching up on posts now, but after being away for the weekend I think I have a new chart topper for confirmed scores at 3,235,237, yet again with Wii Fit Trainer
Played against that guy, almost won a game, played 7-8 times. Best I’ve played against by far. A couple really good zeldas close to that level too.

The competition is getting better by the day as more people learn how to play and climb to the top of the mmr system.

Last edited:

R208

Smash Cadet
Any ganon higher than 3.2 mil? If not I officially declare myself, best ganon NA

Played against that guy, almost won a game, played 7-8 times. Best I’ve played against by far. A couple really good zeldas close to that level too.

The competition is getting better by the day as more people learn how to play and climb to the top of the mmr system.
I'm a fair bit over 3.2m. That said, there is definitely someone at the GSP cap because... Well, that's how the cap works.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
3.223 with the Purin going 6-2 today In Elite, I am pretty clueless how to face duck hunt with a Jigglypuff, I play link so many times these match ups have got a lot better though. It looks like that wolf that person is talking about is the new leader in here let’s see who can get a 3.3 first

Some dumb ****s on facebook who are calling gsp meaningless, although it is, but still fun as hell, claim to have 3.5 and 3.7 GSP right now.
Gonna need video evidence of that one lol 3.7 is fake, the pace is way too small from 3.2 now even if you are streaking, that person would be at it 12 hours a day streaking

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
About, yeah. My Pichu dropped out of Elite yesterday and got back in this morning with 3.153 million.
Pichu is so hard to hit, stressing me out playing that baby pika, when you do strike she flies, is Ike a terrible matchup?

Daisy101

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure he plays a lot of them as well.

Daisy: 3,148,469
Roy: 3,150,494
Marth: 3,164,664
Chrom: 3,164,664

Pretty sure that 3,140,xxx is the currently for getting into Elite Smash right now.

Last edited:

meowth_

Smash Cadet
So when leveling an alt I’m pretty sure it factors in your roster GSP as a “hidden GSP”. My Samus, Dk, and link are all over 3 mill, my roster GSP is 3 mill, and I’m getting pitted up against people who clearly know what they are doing, on my Lucina. It’s putting me against ppl who are 2.7 mill when I’m at 1.3 mill for example. It does this literally every other game. And sometimes it will put me up against an amazing player who is only like 300k. Who is clearly playing their alt.

So there’s either a hidden GSP, or a roster GSP, which effects how your alt leveling goes.

Try it out yourself.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
Who does quick play? I only do background matchmaking and training. I haven’t had a match with items or teams for over a month. Background is what everyone is doing right... I have no alt it’s jiggs or die...

Last edited:

meowth_

Smash Cadet
Who does quick play? I only do background matchmaking and training. I haven’t had a match with items or teams for over a month. Background is what everyone is doing right... I have no alt it’s jiggs or die...
So that’s the funny thing. That’s one of the reasons that I know that there is a hidden GSP or roster GSP component. You rarely ever get anybody with items or 35 second 99 stock matches. It’s literally just all people who know the game. And it goes low.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim

Thanks for the compliment? It feels weird to hear someone say that on here. Also, managed to push to 3,259,164 today, right around the last report for Zero. Must have been a big spike recently.

BeastIsBad

Smash Rookie
I'm sitting at a roster GSP of 3,117,483, however my highest GSP on a single character is 2,044,530 on Link. My highest GSP ever on a character is 2.6M on Lucas. Can anyone explain this?

Scotthendrixson

Smash Rookie
My guess is it factors in everyones’ play stats for each character to determine a roster GSP which determines the current elite smash threshold. I’ve always found the roster GSP to be very close to the current elite threshold.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
Through much trial and error,I think I did pretty well figured out the system, the only way to really raise your GSP is simply to get win streak’s going together, one loss will not hurt you very bad usually only a few hundred GSP, numerous losses in a row will have you out of the elite league very quickly, if you want to raise your GSP it’s simply a matter of string together five or six wins at a time, if you can’t do that you’re not going to have that good of results. Somebody previously on this thread claimed they had reached 3.34, This is so bs I cannot make up the words to describe it, I am fairly certain nobody has cross 3.3 yet, If Leffen or zero or NAIro or HBOX, Has not gotten there they are full of it, I think there should start having the picture evidence of these reported scores. Also everybody don’t get too tied down to just winning and not experimenting with new techniques. All of these top players I’ve been watching on YouTube are clearly more concerned with the landing things were getting super dope combos string together Than simply winning. I also wouldn’t worry about it if you get bodied numerous times in a row Once you start falling down in the ranks your new required experience should help you rip through those scrubs. As this game is only been out for two months, and I have seen so much of the Melee scene gravitate towards it, I haven’t felt this optimistic about this mass group to date, everybody feels like they’re getting on the same page with this game.

Up to 3.34 now
No way maybe 3.034 nobody has been scene with a score this high. Where da pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom