• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current GSP for Elite ~1.3 Million 12/15

LowKeyNerd

Smash Rookie
I just got elite on a fresh account after grinding for like 5 hours. I've seen a ton of posts asking what it is and I'm new here, so thought I'd help out.

I had to win like 8 or 9 in a row once I hit 1.2 mill and was only getting 5k-15k per win.

It'd be cool to see how this trends overtime, so hopefully someone is compiling all of them that folks post with date stamps and what not :).

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Now that I'm Elite on Yoshi and Palutena, I was like "Aight, lets get 5k more GSP on Yoshi. Yeah!"

I won a handful of games and I barely managed even 1k GSP, I think. The thing ain't budging and I don't know why.

Wrexsoul

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wrexsoul
Now that I'm Elite on Yoshi and Palutena, I was like "Aight, lets get 5k more GSP on Yoshi. Yeah!"

I won a handful of games and I barely managed even 1k GSP, I think. The thing ain't budging and I don't know why.
Because GSP directly translates into "Better than X amount of players". The closer you get to the top, the less you'll move because there's not so much room above you any more. Stomping the middle of the pack repeatedly for an hour is going to move you up quick, but once you reach, say, top 5-10% you'll fight enemies much closer to you in ranking and wins and losses will start to move you less. Also it seems they're pretty quick at letting win-streaking people get into Elite Smash, but once you're there you move slowly (probably to avoid people yo-yoing in and out of it, and also to make the top rankings more stable).

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Because GSP directly translates into "Better than X amount of players". The closer you get to the top, the less you'll move because there's not so much room above you any more. Stomping the middle of the pack repeatedly for an hour is going to move you up quick, but once you reach, say, top 5-10% you'll fight enemies much closer to you in ranking and wins and losses will start to move you less. Also it seems they're pretty quick at letting win-streaking people get into Elite Smash, but once you're there you move slowly (probably to avoid people yo-yoing in and out of it, and also to make the top rankings more stable).
Nah my Palutena yo-yo's the hell out that GSP range on a regular, but I get your point.

malicecrossrevolver

Smash Apprentice
GSP is based on the total amount of players in online. Back when OP was playing, there were less people.
Yeah thats why I included the time. Currently this lets me be in elite smash. I've heard people say win:loss rate effects your score. Is that true? I'm afraid to touch my Ryu now to try to get him over Ken.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
Yeah thats why I included the time. Currently this lets me be in elite smash. I've heard people say win:loss rate effects your score. Is that true? I'm afraid to touch my Ryu now to try to get him over Ken.
I say this as someone with a few characters in it: elite smash is stupid. It's very easy to fall out if you stick around and rematch against anybody with a chance of beating you (i.e. the way you improve), encouraging people to hit and run with cheap tactics. I don't know if W:L is relevant beyond how it affects your GSP though.

Dexident

Smash Journeyman
Is the golden crown icon next the character the only indication of Elite smash?

nosferatugriffy

Smash Rookie
:( see i am curious of this too. Is is based on percentage? Like only top 5 % or 10% of smash players? I got elite briefly eith Ridley but, soon lost it after playing some pretty good players/ I played like a scrub. Can i bounce back, or is it much more difficult now for various reasons?

Veigar

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't worry about being in elite smash / not being in it. All it does is just make your matchmaking slightly less likely to get the random items on person.

NintendoParty

Smash Cadet
:( see i am curious of this too. Is is based on percentage? Like only top 5 % or 10% of smash players? I got elite briefly eith Ridley but, soon lost it after playing some pretty good players/ I played like a scrub. Can i bounce back, or is it much more difficult now for various reasons?
It's about top 3% (calculated by some online based on Zero's GSP as top, and entry point to Elite) and seems like win rate is a factor, but nobody knows for sure.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Right now it's between 2.8 and 3 million IIRC. You might want to change the title of the thread.
But then how come their 1.3 mil is good enough for Elite? Conversely, my Isabelle, Roy, and Inkling are all above 1.3 mil yet im not in the Elite range. I also dont play too much quickplay though.

Edit: I just realize that person posted on Dec 15th so yea things have definitely changed since then.

Last edited:

pH1988

Smash Rookie
Elite is approximately 3.2 mil now. I have Daisy at 3,278,163...

pH1988

Smash Rookie
I just know if I don't play to stay in it, I eventually get pushed out from simply not being in that percentage anymore with the player volume increasing.

Top Bottom