• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current goals and ideas.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It is my understanding that the purpose of this group comes down to the following:
  • Make European tournaments more visible and prevent the overlap that is occurring through lack of awareness.
  • Provide content about and catered to the European scene, not unlike what MIOM is doing for the US.

Some of the major projects we have discussed are:
  • An overarching European blog under the EUnit label: Its main purpose is highlighting European tournaments and it will pull write-ups and the like from the various local scenes. It will also feature an agenda for tournaments. Novi is working on setting it up, but it will need a few people dedicated to actually updating it.
  • A recurring podcast/Skype call: While the concept is simple, this will take work to do right. When we discussed it we all felt that the MIOM calls are very unpolished and could use some editing (poor mic quality, lots of dead moments, overall too long). Especially considering their entire cast is well-known while ours isn't, we need some production value for this to get some attention and be worth it. (Note that the State of Brawl podcast also does it the "lazy" way and hasn't really taken off, despite getting large names from even the Melee field to call in.) We need to find someone with the tools and willingness to clean up audio and overall come up with a format that sustains a biweekly(?) show.
  • Player interviews: The basic idea of the format is to have 3-4 minute videos featuring players from all over Europe, both well-known and lesser-known. Novi intends to record a pilot with Peki, which hopefully sets a standard other people can follow. To have this take off and become a series, we will need someone in every country who can shoot and edit video.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It is my suggestion to use this topic to brainstorm further about reaching these goals and to provide status updates.

If we find that we are lacking, we should consider finding outsiders that are able to assist with mainly project #2 and 3. I will soon ask my scene at large if they have skills outside of gimping space animals that could help with these and other efforts.

Novi, how is the blog coming along?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hi! Unfortunately I haven't had time to work on the site as of late, I've been extremely busy with work and other activities :/
At this moment I do not have the time/energy to work on the site. I suggest we would find a person who is familiar with making websites and/or Wordpress because for a novice like myself it's slow because I have to find out things from the scratch. We would get the site up and running faster plus we could make it look decent.

If you would, could you and/or other people post their email addresses to this thread or PM them to me so I can send you the administrator rights to the site.

E:

http://eusmash.wordpress.com

Last edited:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I think our Google Doc has the e-mails of most people.

I'll be busy in the next couple of days with work and such, but I can get in touch with my web developer friend and see what the best options are for the blog. I should have a clear idea within a week and might just do it myself if I think it's feasible.

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
First of all, my level of English is not appropriate. Sorry xD

But, I'd like to highlight that HST2, tournament that we are doing in Barcelona, has been through an animation company that I am managing. In this company project we make animations of all kinds and know enough editing, you are interested by what I read. And on the other hand we are an audiovisual production company, so we are used to create fast and efficient workflows.

And with blog or website, I am the worst person that you can have xD

Surrealista

Smash Apprentice
After speaking with Marc I thought this idea/suggestion:

I think if we want to function well as a team and working in group to achieve a very united EUnit need the following:

- A production team: Head and body thinking that decides the working method to be used for each task. Also assign tasks to other members according to their characteristics. And unifies all the information received.
- A team responsible for each country: Equipment consisting of one member from each country trying to represent their community with objective data.
- A technical team: Team for making all technical tasks requiring specialized people something specific, commentators, streamers, interviewers, audiovisual assistants, etc ...
- A public relations team: able to express themselves well and good capacity for language and good manners with the public to enjoy better intenationalization, especially with the U.S. people.

Apart from these teams also need a very good communication system like this:

- An internal communication system that is based on 2 systems:

1. Internet communication system: mainly Facebook and forums. In forums discuss each of the topics necessary to ensure a smooth workflow, and Facebook to communicate fast and important messages.
2. Human communication system: The production team communicates what has been decided to make the rest of the teams in a meeting. You reach an agreement, that agreement takes production facts and then all information is communicated to other relevant equipment. Like this image:

Top Bottom