• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

crush's question thread

crush

Smash Master
sup *****es.

this board is dead as **** so i made a question thread since i know nothing about mario (but my mario still *****)
people can questioons or w/e and then people will answer them n stuff

so which way do i DIsheiks d throw ?

:phone:

j3ly

Smash Champion
down and away, SDI + ASDI the followup tilt/dash attack down and away too. sometimes you can uair her if she chooses to dash attack instead of tilt.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
common sense plus extreme luck plus falco mistakes equal mario wins

to have a decent chance you HAVE to make every opportunity count. its not an easy match up

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
common sense plus extreme luck plus falco mistakes equal mario wins

to have a decent chance you HAVE to make every opportunity count. its not an easy match up
yeah ive played a couple of falco's, ive been slowly reading the matchup thread(long as hell though). So I have read some stuff, working on it though.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
- Try not to let falco get comfortable pressuring you
- if they get laser happy, remind them you have a cape and keep to platforms if you can
- try to take advantage of falco when hes off stage or makes a mistake
- If your predictable, you will be in a **** load of trouble
- fireballs are important depending on how you use them, usually falco will try to out spam you and will win so conserve fireballs.
- If you grab him, up throw until 50% i think?

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
- if they get laser happy, remind them you have a cape and keep to platforms if you can
- fireballs are important depending on how you use them, usually falco will try to out spam you and will win so conserve fireballs.
That predictable part is bad, because everybody I play comments about after like 4 matches I become easier to read. Does cape really help though? I mean I know it will work but it has a fair amount of lag doesn't it?

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Yo does anyone have videos of upb walljumping on stages besides yoshis? I'm having a hard time timing it when I'm not touching the wall too, help me out dudes.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Yo does anyone have videos of upb walljumping on stages besides yoshis? I'm having a hard time timing it when I'm not touching the wall too, help me out dudes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtLC_cYFKTs

probably the best tutorial for up B wall jumping I have found so far. Also shows a lot of different stages you do it on. However not a lot of them are used in today's tournaments

j3ly

Smash Champion
That predictable part is bad, because everybody I play comments about after like 4 matches I become easier to read. Does cape really help though? I mean I know it will work but it has a fair amount of lag doesn't it?
You want to predict when falco is going to laser - the cape is out for quite alot of frames, let's call it 20 for arguments sake. You want to predict the laser, and cape early so the last 5 frames of the cape do the reflecting. Cape is easily the best answer to lasers/missiles/spaceball once you're used to it.

If you jump and cape instantly, you can attack out of the capelift which is very useful. You can also jump out of the cape and waveland on a platform, useful.

You can upB out of shield against most of falco's pressure. Nair/upB OOS/rolling are the best answers to falco's pressure.
Fthrow him off stage at 60%+, then he has to use both his jump and his recovery. This is devastating!
Dthrow -> Dsmash is lethal for getting falco offstage and forcing him to illusion. You can cape the illusion just make sure to grab the ledge afterwards, fox/falco will go into tumble for some reason and can usually upB.
As condemned says, your advantage is to be on a different level of the stage. Imagine dreamland, say falco is on the bottom and mario is on the left ledge. You can do awesome campy stuff like jumping into centre stage, dair, then jump out of that onto the top platform. Throw in capes, you can be relatively safe doing this and not touch the main stage floor.
Fair is your friend, it's safe if spaced and sets up 0-death combos.
Fireball waveland -> grab is amazing against falcos shield. Retreating fireball (land on a platform) is a good way to get on another level of the stage.
Chaingrab is from 0-70%, at 70% you can uthrow -> wavedash -> fsmash hi, or dthrow dsmash and try to edgeguard his illusion. You can try and be all fancy with uair -> nair.. but the matchup is about getting him offstage and either gimping or getting % from edgeguards - any other situation and falco has the advantage.
Rising uair -> fast fall late nair -> grab is excellent. Avoid bair at low %'s, you will get messed up. Uair is fine as long as you have enough momentum to avoid falco's CC.
If you get a grab at 0%, try to uthrow once and regrab, from here either bthrow off the edge (it's fast and might confuse ur opponent), or fthrow -> wavedash -> jab reset. Jab reset -> Fmash can be devastating if the stage logistics are there.

j3ly

Smash Champion
Against marth make sure he hits your shield as much as possible, you can usually punish him for this. Wavedash to move and KEEP TO THE GROUND, grab and uair lots. cape the portion of the sword that comes through the stage to kill him, otherwise dthrow -> fsmash at around 60%. Grab and wavedash back fsmash lots.

Against fox change character. Top level fox can camp mario very very well, if you must stick with mario pick the smallest stages you can - FoD is probably the best due to high ceiling. Grab and wavedash back fsmash lots.

Shiek is tough, I switch to falco personally. You can CG her from 0-50%, and dthrow -> fsmash is your killing combo. Edgeguard dat ho with fair from the ledge -> regrab :) Grab and wavedash back fsmash lots.

Falcon can be tough because he combos mario well. Important you DI and SDI down and towards on most of his hits, this will cause him to overshot him jump and miss you. DIing away just makes it easy for him to combo. Your utilt outproiratises everything he has except stomp, and from 40% you can kill him from one utilt -> regrab. Abuse this. Grab and wavedash back fsmash lots.

Peach is another toughy, probably best to switch to doc them pill/bair spam until 70% where u can dthrow -> dunk. Mario can't really kill her until 150+% with nair... the other option is to wait for peach to fair infront of you, where you can wavedash back and fsmash her. This is the most consistent way to kill her, and it's not great. Spam loads and loads of fireball wavelands, camp platforms, use dair from height and use nair/uair if close to the ground. Switch characters on this one. Grab and wavedash back fsmash lots.

Ganon - tough guy! Mario can do filthy things to him, but the most important aspect is edgeguarding him, otherwise he'll live till 200% then ftilt -> uair spike you.

Enjoy your FREE value :D
Just remember to pick up another character - nobody wins tournaments using Mario outright. all the best low tier mains know they must have an equally beast backup who they could main, but choose not to :p

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Enjoy your FREE value :D
Just remember to pick up another character - nobody wins tournaments using Mario outright. all the best low tier mains know they must have an equally beast backup who they could main, but choose not to :p
First of all thank you for all the advice(goes to condemned soul as well). I actually had noticed that same thing not too long ago about great tier mains having a great high tier main as well. So I will look more into a second character, don't want to rush something important like that though. Predicting the laser seems like a good idea, think it would catch people off guard a few times.

Any vs matches?
Look up shroomed vs P, it is a 50$ money match and shroomed plays mario, he does it in game 2. I think it would be good if you aimed for the ledge after the wall jump, you pretty much have to upB again. And if you do the upB fairly high you are really open for punishment(happened to me a lot in friendlies).

Deadgye

Smash Rookie
Look up shroomed vs P, it is a 50$ money match and shroomed plays mario, he does it in game 2. I think it would be good if you aimed for the ledge after the wall jump, you pretty much have to upB again. And if you do the upB fairly high you are really open for punishment(happened to me a lot in friendlies).
Yeah, you definitely don't want to use it the way shroomed was using it in that video. If you're going to overshoot you generally want to go high enough to land on the platform. He would have been better off just wall jumping and then up b-ing to the sweetspot. Much less risky as well, since you can't really screw up a normal walljump.

Otherwise the only times you want to use it are for up b-ing when someone has the ledge and then just wall jumping or when you're so far down on yoshi's that you need to up-b walljump up-b to even make it back.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Haha I watched that set live my dude. Sorry to be picky, but any vs matches NOT on yoshis? I'm not too concerned about that stage since it's easy peasy to perform it there.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
Haha I watched that set live my dude. Sorry to be picky, but any vs matches NOT on yoshis? I'm not too concerned about that stage since it's easy peasy to perform it there.
nah it's cool, but I really have no idea of other videos where it is used.

a rookie

Smash Ace
I can up b wall jump ok on Final D now(hugging it). And did it one time off of slowpoke on PokeFloats (:

The fade away up b wall jumps are very difficult. I WILL FIND THE TIMING FOR THESE!

Top Bottom