• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cruel Brawl - Cheap Marth/Lucina trick

Munchy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'll cut straight to the chase. Basically, Marth and Lucina's Up-Specials can clip through the floor of Battlefield near the ledges, as a result they can gain a lot of momentum and knock the Miis off of the edge with the back of their swords. It isn't easy, it takes a while to get used to, but it can be more simpler for players who want the -knock out X in cruel brawl- achievements.

Just a few things to note here:
  1. Miis are gimped, and can only use their standard attacks, which means that they're terrible at recovery.
  2. Miis will stay still most the time when you're in the air, you'll have to lure them in by clinging onto the edge.
  3. You want to try and make sure you grab onto the edge instead of finishing it higher than the stage, as the Miis can easily punish you.
  4. When you hit a Mii off, drop down. Rather than attempting to recover, the Mii'll follow you and attempt to footstool you. Don't worry about constantly going back to the centre, you can just safely Up-Special back to the ledge if a Mii's on top of you.
  5. If you hit two Miis off, one of them'll end up footstooling the over, and the game'll say that they got the KO - Don't worry though, it still adds onto your score.
I also know that this is also possible with Little Mac (but it takes a longer time for success), but I haven't tried it out with the entire roster. I don't think you can effectively use of this in normal gameplay, it does work, but it's definitely easy to predict if you do it more than once.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
And once again, a Fire Emblem character is the best to achieve high scores in Cruel Mode
Thanks for sharing and welcome to the boards.
I wish I knew this yesterday; when I was trying to get 4 KOs in this mode (I did it with Ganondorf but it was nightmare)

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Shulk's vision counter destroys them, i've gotten around 7 kills with the counter alone.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
What do you mean "again"? This was never the case in any game.
Yes it was:
Melee: :roymelee:'s Blazer can OHKO the Cruel Mode Wireframes.
Brawl: :ike:'s Aether spam on an edge to spike the Alloys.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried Shulk, but I could only get 3 KOs. The CPU obviously knows which frames Counter will not work. I had to resort to the Kirby tactic to get the 4 KOs.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
With Kirby they will sometimes footstool you and kill you if you don't drift away after spitting them out. Which is kind of hilarious.

Jucchan

Smash Journeyman
I just played normally with Little Mac and got 6 KOs first try, side smash completely wrecks Miis. Not to mention he also has a Counter and his KO gauge.

pinipigbomb

Smash Rookie
NNID
pinipigbomb
Does the Ganon trick not work anymore? Back in Brawl, his ledge attack would sweep anyone close to the ledge off the stage. While they're trying to double jump back on to the stage, you meteor them with a D-air.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
The brawl tactic with Ike that involves using his Aethers and Counter still works. Love how his blade goes through the stage when u use Aether.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Shulk can easily cheese the fight with Air Slash spam on the ledge. If you use it from underneath the stage it'll hit anyone near the ledge, then you can hit them again with the second hit to safely knock them away before regrabbing the ledge. As long as you know the range it's pretty easy to figure out when it's safe or when you should just sweetspot the ledge, the only thing you really need to watch out for at that point is Gunner's fsmash. It's slow going, but very safe.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only got 4 kills with Lucina by using Counter and only 1 with Ike. I don't know if plan to play Cruel Smash anytime soon.

Last edited:

Power1in98

Smash Rookie
There is a way to beat cruel smash very easily. Notice how when you are near a ledge, only one mii will charge at you? Well take advantage of this, and back throw them off the stage and back-air them. I played as Lucina, to do this, and it also worked with Pit, sometimes you do not even have to back air, and they just fall off, if multiple miis are at the edge at once, grab on the edge and use the attack get up. But do not use that if there is only one mii at the edge, just normally get up and back throw them off. Hope this helped.

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Finally someone found a trick for this brutal challenge. How much times did I get but kicked by my very self? Well it's time to pay those miis back.

Zimer

Smash Apprentice
I was the first player who got over than 200 KO's. With Marth I got 205 KO's. Visit the topic "100 and 200 KO's in Cruel Smash". In that topic you can see many videos.

I'll try to get the total of 3000 KO's.

Top Bottom