• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crouch cancelling vs spacies

AntiJIgglypuff

Smash Rookie
Fellow Falcon mains,

I need some help or advice on how to best implement crouch cancelling against spacies. Many fox mains have told me that Falcon doesn't have the best approach options in the Fox/Falcon matchup, so crouch cancelling and punishing is a good option. In particular:

1. What options do I have out of crouch cancel against spacies? Stomp? Knee? Grab?

2. How do I know when I should crouch cancel? Obviously at low percent, but I often feel like when I try to crouch cancel, they either dair/shine/grab me and I get combo'd even harder. Do I have to guess when they'll come in with a nair and try to CC that?

General advice/tips are always appreciated.

magicsixball

Smash Rookie
Grab or gentleman will be your fastest options, but you could stomp/knee if you think they're going to spotdodge.

Spacies are harder to CC vs in neutral because they have such good dair, shine, and grab options which nullify CC. What you want to cc are dash attacks, jabs, and dtilts. You'll have to get a feel for when they go for those options. There's a lot of different situations in which different opponents will do different things, so it's hard to say.

In general, after you mess up something, or if they CC something you do, you can CC their counterattack which often times won't be done as safely as their approaches. Be prepared to attack as soon as you can out of hitlag.

CC is something you're gonna have to experiment with and get used to, and it may even get you in trouble a few times. Keep at it, it's a relatively unexplored area. Check out n0ne's matches for situations and uses.

AntiJIgglypuff

Smash Rookie
Grab or gentleman will be your fastest options, but you could stomp/knee if you think they're going to spotdodge.

Spacies are harder to CC vs in neutral because they have such good dair, shine, and grab options which nullify CC. What you want to cc are dash attacks, jabs, and dtilts. You'll have to get a feel for when they go for those options. There's a lot of different situations in which different opponents will do different things, so it's hard to say.

In general, after you mess up something, or if they CC something you do, you can CC their counterattack which often times won't be done as safely as their approaches. Be prepared to attack as soon as you can out of hitlag.

CC is something you're gonna have to experiment with and get used to, and it may even get you in trouble a few times. Keep at it, it's a relatively unexplored area. Check out n0ne's matches for situations and uses.
Sounds good, thanks the advice dawg.

Top Bottom