• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CROSSFIRE II: 80+ People in Attendence!

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman

First I want to thank everyone that helped make CROSSFIRE II the successful tournament it was! Thank you to Empire Gaming & Comics for always providing their amazing venue. We've never had so much space so readily available to us. Thank you to both of my streamers, Chibo of CLASH Tournaments and also Rundas with his partner Dexter of Rundas EX-Streams. Thank you to StreetPass Long Island for always coming out and holding their free 3DS side events, and for the awesome stickers! A big personal thanks to Alex Strife, Keitaro, Vinnie, and Raptor for helping me when things got a little chaotic! And lastly, THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO COME OUT TO PLAY SMASH! I do these events for you!
So the first thing you can say about CROSSFIRE II, is Dr. Wily MADE MONEY to fund his evil robots! (For those of you who do not get the reference, Alex Strife made a comment on stream that M2K looked like Dr Wily from Megaman during the event.) CLASH Tournaments' very own Mew2King showed us once again how good he is at Smash by placing top 3 in 5 out of the 6 events taking home close to $500 for the day. An amazing accomplishment need less to say.
In Brawl, LoF put on an amazing show in Doubles action! NAKAT & False (Double Wario) blazed through Winner's Bracket to meet Keitaro & Nairo in WFs and GFs. And NAKAT placed 4th in Singles Competition. LoF did so good that Keitaro and Orion winded up taking their shirts off cause they couldn't contain the hype! This was also Vinnie's last NY/NJ until SKTAR2. For those who don't know, Vinnie is moving to Texas for the summer. But will be back home, in Long Island, for SKTAR2.
In Project:M action, ROLEX (CROSSFIRE's original P:M Champion) shows his worth again by placing first in CROSSFIRE's first P:M Doubles Event with Ryan-K and coming second to CT Mew2King in singles. For those of you who don't know, ROLEX is a Long Island local who loves P:M. He's a Snake main with crazy combos! Def a potential Top Level Player in P:M. ROLEX thanks Ryan-K for all the hours of practice they have put in together.
And lastly in Melee action, NY's own Ryan-K and Ben Grimm gave M2K a run for his money in singles action and coming 2nd and 3rd to M2K. Ryan-K & M2K tore through Winners Bracket in Doubles to take home the gold! But most importantly, a little smasher from NJ drove up with his Dad (through all the traffic and chaos that was on the roads that day) just to come and play Smash. I want to give a special shout-out to Pokemon Geof for coming out and showing his dedication to the game. Continue this determination PKMN Geof, and you will be better than M2K himself!!

1: False
+ Nakat
($108.00)

2: Keitaro:diddy: + Nairo :metaknight:($54.00)
3: Vex
+ Salem:zerosuitsamus: ($18.00)

4: M2K:metaknight: + Xzax

5: Will :dk2:+ Orion:metaknight:
5: Pane:wolf: + DekillSage:snake:
7: Rundas:metaknight: + Nives:lucario:
7: Vinnie + MBlaze
9: Raptor:yoshi2: + Mike Kirby:kirby2:
9: Eazy + QD:lucario:

1: Nairo ($205.00) :metaknight:
2: APEX | Vinnie ($103.00) :popo:
3: CT Mew2King ($61.00) :metaknight:
4: NAKAT ($41.00) :popo::fox:
:metaknight:

5: Bloodcross

5: Keitaro

7: False:snake::metaknight:

7: Orion :metaknight:

9: Mr. Eric

9: Xzax

9: CT Salem :zerosuitsamus:
9: Will :dk2:
13: Mike Kirby :kirby2:
13: Dekillsage :snake:
13: Dark Peach :peach:
13: Raptor :yoshi2:
17: Sisqo

17: Pivot:popo:
17: Pane:wolf:
17: Mblaze:?:
17: Nives:lucario:
17: Eazy:?:
17: Gh0st:kirby2:
17: Nuke:diddy:
25: Alex:kirby2:
25: Luke F:?:
25: Chris:?:
25: RekRP:diddy:
25: Clueless Link:link2:
25: theDuL0R:lucario:
25: QD:lucario:
25: DoomMachine:metaknight:
33: Rundas:snake:
33: Tom C

33: Nick D:?:
33: Tyler:?:
33: Matt I:?:
33: FMA:?:
33: Christian G:?:
33: SNES:?:

1: Ryan-K + CT Mew2King ($108.00)
2: CT Salem + CT Vex ($54.00)
3: Soup + BenGrim ( FB Group ) ($18.00)
4: Reno + Crismas
5: MasterKush + GreenCrack
5: OTG + PapaSpitFire
7: Project + Codi
7: Veda + Vark
9: YYZ + Comatose

1: CT Mew2King ($198.00)
2: Ben Grimm (the Board of Education) ($89.00)
3: Ryan-K ($33.00)
4: OTG ($10.00)
5: Cell
5: CT Vex
7: Project
7: Knut
9: Reno
9: Tyler
9: PapaSpitFire
9: Soup
13: Lefty
13: Still
13: Barbado
13: Vark
17: Nuke
17: Grape Ape
17: Tom C
17: Will
17: SE2N
17: Master Kush
17: Boat mode
17: YYZ
25: Cheren
25: Madu
25: Comatose
25: Green Crack
25: ShadowWolf
25: John D
25: Pete E
25: Pokemon Geof
33: JA

1: Ryan-K
+ Rolex
($50.00)

2: CT Chibo
+ CT Mew2King
($30.00)

3: Will
+ Bluez
:ivysaur: ($20.00)

4: CT Salem
+ CT Vex

5: Clueless Link
+ PeachyHime

1: CT Mew2King
($133.00)

2: Rolex
($38.00)

3: Will
($19.00)

4: Barbados(Tang)
5: KForce1Luca

5: CT Salem

7: Eazy
7: PeachyHime

9: Dark Peach

9: Doug
9: SE2N
9: Codi
13: Clueless Link

13: Raptor

13: Chris
13: Ryan-K

17: BlueZ
:ivysaur:

17: Pokemon Geof
17: JA

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
He made money, and slowed brackets down lol. Nah but congrats to all the winners!! I'll try to update characters as people post on this thread.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
This looks better

1: Nairo ($205.00) :metaknight:
2: APEX | Vinnie ($103.00) :popo:
3: CT Mew2King ($61.00) :metaknight:
4: NAKAT ($41.00) :popo:
5: Bloodcross :metaknight:
5: Keitaro :falco:
7: False
7: Orion :metaknight:
9: Mr. Eric :marthmelee:
9: Xzax :falco:
9: CT Salem :zerosuitsamus:
9: Will :dk2:
13: Mike Kirby :kirby2:
13: Dekillsage :snake:
13: Dark Peach :peach:
13: Raptor :yoshi2:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
13: Mike Kirby
13: Dekillsage
13: Dark Peach

House of 3000. We ride together, we get bopped together. :denzel:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You are not Ho3000. You have your own crew. Unless you got drafted and I know know about it. Sage confirm this?

Also is anyone able to make a gif of the stuff I did inbetween my match with nairo on stream?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I can't remember the last time I've seen M2K place outside the money in teams though.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I enjoyed myself at this event. The only thing here that crushed me was my match vs keitaro's MK. I was playing so on point game one. When I said I was freaking hype for this event, I was not playing. I slept well the nite before and ate well before going. So I was actually able to think. the game was close and the way I died just crushed the hell out of me when I could have won. I not have much spirit to play after that for how I was playing, I felt I could have won the set. I was pretty depressed after that for a while. I get so close to doing good things and advancing and I choke at the last min all the time. The only thing that keep me calm and moving on was saying in my head "it took an MK to beat a garbage character today." Match with nairo was fun. Hope the stream monsters enjoyed that. I know I did. Most fun I had in a match in a very long time. commentating for some brawl and project M friendlies was fun as well. It was cool seeing everyone again. Guess I never really lost it in this game. I just need to sleep and eat before tournaments. I hardly ever do this. d.a KID was right. I guess I will start doing this every time from now on. And have people lose/struggle to a character people in the community call garbage. Watching people fight and try so hard to beat me makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Characters have been added to Brawl. As more information is released (ie, videos being uploaded, people stating who they played as) I will update the page. Also brackets for each event will be updated in the near future.

BlakDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlakDragon
3DS FC
2938-7104-7763
|: Not sure how to feel after everyone went nuts and took their shirts off for Keitaro eliminating Salem in Brawl singles (which was a very good set, btw, more footage to reference for myself when fighting Falco myself).

Whatever, other than that good stream guys! Nairo was just 3strong5everyone |:

edit! Double Wario strats are super strong, wasn't really aware of this until Nakat and False demonstrated this. Good show you two!

Also I'll have to watch archives for the Melee/Project M portions later.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Had a stellar time. As a native of LI, its fantastic seeing a scene going on strong on all 3 of these games. Tons of fun commentating Melee, Keitaro, it was a pleasure doing P:M doubles with you, and Coontail, always a pleasure sharing the mic.

Everyone, keep pushing yourselves to be better players, TOs, etc. That's what keeps everything going. Don't be content with being stagnant.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The only match I went Falco in doubles I lost lol. Is it possible to remove him from my characters? If so Dulor you da bess!!

Was awesome commentating with you Prog. I'm happy the Melee community has you.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
sorry that this region has not top players that good enough to do things like this. and we dont ban mk and have a decent ruleset. go be a waste of space somewhere else plz :)
wait. not top players beating a top player/apex winner?

APEX FLUKE RE-RE-RE CONFIRMED

and instead of bashing salem like a ******, why dont you give props to keitaro who played very well?
GO KEY-TAR-RO! You make them burds proud.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I played Lucario exclusively in this tournament. GGs to everyone! It was nice to meet all the NY/NJ people.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I played Lucario exclusively in this tournament. GGs to everyone! It was nice to meet all the NY/NJ people.
Oh I remember you. we played like 100 games. Nice to meet new people. I get tired of seeing the same ugly faces at every tournament.

Top Bottom