• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cross slash mix ups

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
I haven't seen any threads covering this topic so I figured I'd get it going.

I'm sure most of y'all know better than me. I have recently started playing around with combos that work from a two strike cross slash.

It seems that some people are conditioned to expect all four strikes as soon as the first two land. Some just don't try to do anything. These guys are fun to nail with a two strike then F smash. I also like landing the two strike into jab combo. At low % two strike into d tilt can set up good juggles. At higher % f tilt has been a somewhat reliable kill option in the mixup. Much less risky than F smash.

Does anyone else have input on combos from the two strike cross slash? I don't see it used much.

AndyT0073

Smash Cadet
This kinda only works if the opponent doesn't do stuff right but if they respond to the ftilt or jab or wutever after the two slash with shield then you can grab then dthrow 2 slash again on bad di lol. This is something that isn't really guaranteed or anything but gets a lot of damage on people who don't know how to get out of it properly.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I remember being punished trying to follow up an attack after cross slash hit 2 on an opponents shield but if the opponent continues being in shield,you can do another jab 1 afterwards

But I'll share some stuff I also haven't heard people talk about

- Jab 2 can transition and caused frame trap opening/shield drop from opponent that syncs into regular cross slash and limit cross slash

- Jab 2 can allow transition to down smash( I don't remember the exact percentage but it works on red percents)

- Cross slash can also hit the opponent standing over the 3 middle platforms on lylat

Top Bottom