Overwatch is the next to join a slew of cross-play games, including Rocket League, Fortnite and Minecraft. In the official announcement from Blizzard, multiple questions are answered. Here is a recap highlighting the biggest points of interest:
- All console players need to make a battle.net account - from there, they must link their console game account to their battle.net account
- Cross-play will be supported on all systems where Overwatch is available, which means PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X & S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch
- All players will receive a golden loot box
- No progress or collection will carry over between two different systems
- Stats will not be reset.
- There will be an additional leaderboard for crossplay
Author's Note: I honestly keep forgettingi that Overwatch is out on Switch and Overwatch 2 will follow. Maybe I'll play 2? Don't know. What are your thoughts? Let us know below!