• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cross Chops rare, extremely powerful hitbox

Browny

Smash Hater
I've posted about this before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU6mhPLCx1o&feature=youtu.be&t=688 and I'm kind of upset that people keeping going 'that makes sense' when no matter how many times people try to recreate it, they can't and then this happened for me last night

https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantSpinelessOcelotBlargNaut

Obviously the smash mode made him take more knockback, but not THAT much more. There is something seriously strange going on here with high rage cross chop. It seems obvious that the game is translating the horizontal base knockback into vertical for some reason.

Even if its not easily recreatable, this is an option people should be aware of. If you're at like 150% and you don't particularly care if you get KO'd and you have a hard punish, it might be worth going for. The reward is extreme for a mild risk. Some characters like Ivysaur like to charge fsmash at the ledge. I've hit people numerous times with drop down, or ledge jump cross chop. If theres a 5% chance of it KO'ing them up sub 30%, then you should take it.

Whitephoenixace

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-7304-2300-4542
Thats quite interesting really causei actually saw a similar case where a charizard died to incine cross chop at 66%.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A lot of stuff affecting Inci's already crazy Base Knockback here as well as that delicious sweetspot.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
The hitboxes are very odd on Cross Chop, it seems the explosion when you land has a hitbox obscured by a weaker one? I'm not entirely sure. Hopefully visuals will pop up soon to help us understand it more.

Ganondorf has a similar issue with an unfinished hitbox on Up Tilt, it has no base knockback but some knockback growth and semi-spike angle. If you're hit at 0%, you'll literally not move. You can easily witness it by positioning a CPU on Battlefield's side plats.

Top Bottom