• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique thread. Come in and ask for advice.

Maven89

Smash Master
I always really like the way you do deadlines, it never feels arbitrary. I'm always a fan of your games.

I'd also like to ask for personal criticism, because I'm starting to reach a point where I'm not sure anymore what my problems or strengths are, but would really like to improve.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Imma misuse this thread for some mod critique/advice requests!

#HBC | J #HBC | J Maven89 Maven89 The Man From Delamar The Man From Delamar Orboknown Orboknown Kaladin Kaladin @Jdietz43 @soupistoohardtotagwtf

What do yall think about the way I handled deadlines in my recent mini game? Anything I could/should have done better for the sake of the game or he players? You think it can work out in a bigger game? Should I give it another go?

:059:
I honestly really like playing your games. I do enjoy your liberty of letting the game go until it feels like it is stalling out, but at the same time it also doesn't have that "looming threat" deadlines usually present. I feel lazier, but I am definitely more relaxed in your game. Pros and Cons, but overall I really enjoy your option as a mod. Your prompt with flips and vote-counts and I also like the minimal flavor since your pretty much the only mod to be light on flavor.

I would may dare you to try a bigger game and also something with a new role. I feel a lot of your set-ups are very similar which is great, but also s bigger player list will present more challenges that you will have fun with. I definitely would like you to give it another go.

My challenge/critique would be try something out of your wheelhouse. I wanna see you take a stab at something bolder because I feel you could rock it very well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Smaller games kinda limit your options because not all roles really fit into a setup with only few players. I guess I could go for a bigger one but activity is gonna be an issue. We'll see what I can come up with then.

I'd also like to ask for personal criticism, because I'm starting to reach a point where I'm not sure anymore what my problems or strengths are, but would really like to improve.
I think you're good. Just continue your break until you feel ready to play again. That alone can help a lot.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Imma misuse this thread for some mod critique/advice requests!

#HBC | J #HBC | J Maven89 Maven89 The Man From Delamar The Man From Delamar Orboknown Orboknown Kaladin Kaladin @Jdietz43 @soupistoohardtotagwtf

What do yall think about the way I handled deadlines in my recent mini game? Anything I could/should have done better for the sake of the game or he players? You think it can work out in a bigger game? Should I give it another go?

Legitimately, yours are some of the most fun games ive played in. I really like the deadline bit because it puts the onus on town, as long as they feel theres stuff to talk about they have time to do so,or they can lynch skmeone. Its on them. Id like to see how it works in a game woth a larger player pool

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
My literal only complaint, and it's merely hypothetical, is that "until it stalls" could conceivably be antiscum in a larger game, as it wouldn't take much effort to keep discussion going indefinitely. You have good judgment though so I kinda dont think it'd turn out that way

Maven89 Maven89

You have good instincts about what to look for and clever ways to draw it out. Just avoid takin' easy outs and keep doin what you're doin in my book. As scum you hit the key points -- not afraid to stick your neck out, pressure scumbuddies, or feign sincere-looking indignance when under scrutiny. Ive played two games with ya and they were both A-level performances

Now that Ive played a game as either alignment, and am still a new face, I open the floor to critique and examination of my rugged self

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In all seriousness, I feel like your play style has changed a lot Ran. It's more focused and feels a lot more on-point, and the questions you ask are usually good (basing this on what I saw in Masquerade Mafia).

I think the problem with critique threads (and the reason this one died) is that critiques are too raw and honesty can affect relations in a manner people aren't comfortable with. And it's public, so it's possible everyone can just get put on blast and blah blah blah.

But I think if everyone can come to terms with honest critiques then maybe it can work. *shrugz*
Thanks Bardull. I liked your play there too, and I agreed with your push. I just felt you weren't as active as you should have been, seeing as you viewed Saturday and people were wondering about your reads on others. That's about it there.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Quick question: Can anyone give me tips on being more convincing?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok, I have the signing up part down, but I’m having trouble with the read and actually playing part

Last edited:
Top Bottom