• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Wario thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dude Zelderu those matches were so awesome! I love Wario dittos haha, IMO they are the most fun dittos in the game to watch! Which Wario was you though? My gut tells me that you were the yellow and purple Wario, but i have like no basis for that haha. No indication, not even an avatar for your smashboards profile! Lmao.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Dude Zelderu those matches were so awesome! I love Wario dittos haha, IMO they are the most fun dittos in the game to watch! Which Wario was you though? My gut tells me that you were the yellow and purple Wario, but i have like no basis for that haha. No indication, not even an avatar for your smashboards profile! Lmao.
Thanks. :)
I was the yellow Wario, btw.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
Zelderu are you EU or US?
you should come to the UK for a tourney sometime ;)
I'm EU, from Sweden.
Yes, probably, but I'm only 14 years old, so I'm a bit too young to travel outside the country for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Anyway, critique the matches, please.

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
some friends between me and nexus,yes i know i got ***** with down air...nexus is a douche and uploaded these out of all the other ones he got ***** on...ill upload more later.

wario vs rob 1-http://www.youtube.com/user/N3xU5is2pro#p/u/3/H66gw1klSSA
2-http://www.youtube.com/user/N3xU5is2pro#p/u/4/hIXnX5VrcHE

wario vs tl http://www.youtube.com/user/N3xU5is2pro#p/u/2/5NhX2jzQP0Y
1 http://www.youtube.com/user/N3xU5is2pro#p/u/1/sAa5DebfWGw
2 http://www.youtube.com/user/N3xU5is2pro#p/u/0/Mn2jf3d8eTc

Owsla

Smash Cadet
I went to my first tourney last Saturday. Got *****, but on an unrelated note, I have some friendlies! They're all against my friend, Cygnet.

vs. Marth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgfjlQRzWE
vs. Marth 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8aTrQLeV0Y
vs. Marth 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TldqO2dP9OU

A few more incoming soon...

My play is pretty funny and bad. I need to get better D=<<<

Thanks for the advice, Dyno. I appreciate it. + bonus match

vs. Luigi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDoOE5mAYY

Pretty silly

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i noticed a few things:

first off dont really try to bite marth, the risk vs reward is horrible.

I dont know if you were spotdodging to bait or u were doing it out of habit, but dont do it that much.

Dont fsmash so much for the kill, its good taht you are saving it for the kill and not punishing with it too often.

Try getting more friendlies with people you never play. Friendlies against your friend or people you play often just tests your ability to remember the way they play and wont really help you in tourney play as much as playing someone you have never played before..

The smash community is very nice and helpful sit down and play some people and get involved.

I realize this was your first tournament and from what i saw you are doing rather well with wario. You just need a few more tournies.

Try reacting more and punishing rather than using muscle memory from what you know will work on your friend and throwing attacks out there.

Keep it up man. I want to see more vids from you :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
wow there are loads of Warios in Europe... its not enough to just critique fart usage... but I'll edit this post later when I've had the time to watch ur match.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
LMAO that fart was tooo good xD hopefully that wasn't the last game haha!

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
wow there are loads of Warios in Europe... its not enough to just critique fart usage... but I'll edit this post later when I've had the time to watch ur match.
Haha no need to, that was from a teams tournament (offline ofc). Critiqueing the usage of fart was more of a joke :D

LMAO that fart was tooo good xD hopefully that wasn't the last game haha!
That was actually the very first team battle from that tourney :p (Which I ended up winning btw. I used Wario/DK and my partner used his pocket MK).

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Got a few matches recorded tonight against an Olimar. I find it a bit of an odd matchup, and my Wario's nowhere near as good as my Wario, but I'd like some critiques when they get uploaded within the next day or two. I'm experimenting in a few MUs to see if Wario does better.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Got a few matches recorded tonight against an Olimar. I find it a bit of an odd matchup, and my Wario's nowhere near as good as my Wario, but I'd like some critiques when they get uploaded within the next day or two. I'm experimenting in a few MUs to see if Wario does better.
I think Olimar is one of the harder MU's for Wario. But once you learn it becomes a lot easier. In your vids a lot of the things that went wrong for you just seemed like a lack of understanding of the MU + you were rushing. So put more work into the MU and you should do a lot better. Watch some vids and look up some MU discussion and stuff. I know someone had posted some really good on the Wario v Olimar MU a couple of weeks ago it may of been Lord Chair but I'm not too sure.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
First link critique

You were wasting your double jump alot.

You started camping then once the other guy got a hit on you and was lower percent you acted upon that and started rushing. Dont act so wrecklessly when your at higher % (you were 13 he was 12 and you rushed without thinking) I have the same problem that i am trying so desperately to overcome.

Dont be afraid to reset yourself. You spot dodged like 4 times with your back towards olimar out of turn around bite / fsmash / nair oos/ w.e range. what were you going to get out of that?

2:38 coulda got that 2nd hit of the nair to follow up with a bite/grab/fsmash.

Your airdodging into olimar too much. 2:45 you just randomly airdodged into him from a great distance away. that was reckless. (imo the most effective way that would work is if you airdodge behind him while close by while predicting an up smash or Fsmash, its mainly used for pressure. I would not suggest doing it in that situation because you were most obv getting controlled and he was pressuring you. <-- thats just my opinion. )

B.Mack

Smash Ace
wow, Zigsta your Wario is sooo aggressive. like... not Pwneroni aggressive. but more like, impatient and unsafe yet scared... lol.

you were rushing in about 90% of those matches, and most of the time you rushed in, you just got punished for it.

a LOT of spamming empty spotdodges... against someone like Olimar, he can punish you on almost every spotdodge without being punished if he messes up. fsmashes and grabs will almost always beat spotdodge spamming, and they will also beat whatever you throw out of spotdodge(nair, bite, fsmash, dtilt etc)

I mean, I spotdodge a heck of a LOT when I dont need to and thats one of the things that makes me suck but I'm trying to get over it...

I also think you were spending waay too much time on the ground especially VS olimar which you just shouldnt... get more airtime :D

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Do note that not only you were wasting your DJ a lot, random Bike stalling serves little to no purpose, especially in the Olimar matchup which is slow enough for you to build up farts as it is.

Using Bike for no apparent reason means using resources for no apparent reason.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'll be completely honest: I have no idea what I'm doing in the Olimar MU, haha.

Thanks for the input, everyone!

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
LOL zig you are tooo good haha! Ending of the second match xD

My advice would be to use Bair more against Olimar. It can auto cancel, you're in the air so you go over Olimar's grab (maybe Fsmash too), and you're at the wrong angle to get hit by an Usmash. Watch my vids against Asa to get a better idea!

You got potential man, just keep practicing! :)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
oh yeah also Zigsta, you kept using your DJ BEFORE using the bike(not counting use of DJ for surviving) but basically that meant wasting your DJ and putting yourself high up in the air with no options but airdodge and dair. horrible position. you wanna jump, bike jump, then save your DJ for mindgames and to give you more options.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
oh yeah also Zigsta, you kept using your DJ BEFORE using the bike(not counting use of DJ for surviving) but basically that meant wasting your DJ and putting yourself high up in the air with no options but airdodge and dair. horrible position. you wanna jump, bike jump, then save your DJ for mindgames and to give you more options.
That actually helps a lot, haha. I think I've seen like 5 Wario videos in total. XD

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dunno it's fine against shields, but you can do everything with Olimar's shield (I'd prefer nairing). Imo Logic shielded waaaay too much there... but I digress, bair can do the trick sometimes, it's just situational (not very situational though).

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Shinibu (Snake) vs SSGuy (Wario) $2 Money Match:
Game 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py73Y...ayer_embedded#
Game 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlLcI...layer_embedded

This is the third money match I have ever won. First time it was ever recorded. I personally love the Snake matchup. It is a very fun match up to do. Since many Snakes are very technical, it can get really intense knowing that you have a mine behind you a grenade over your head and a disjointed forward tilt about to smack you in the face. lol

Edit: Plus how would I get my videos to appear on the front page of this thread? Is that for good Wario players only?

B.Mack

Smash Ace
its for good matches only... doesnt discriminate by player(or at least I hope it doesnt)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Hey Baron Mack you should get some videos up! I don't think I've ever seen your Wario at work!

B.Mack

Smash Ace
well I forgot my controller last weekend so I didnt even get to play brawl bcos I use CCPro and nothing is the same.

there's a few videos of a MM set I had in like October last year... was pretty fail though.

I enjoy smash and talking about it, but I dont care about getting better and playing at a high level, I just have fun. conversely, I am very interested in metagame advancements and stuff like that, even though I dont care enough to learn them. lol.

I've got a fest this weekend anyways so I'll be recording sets against all/most of UK's finest.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah my comp froze up and I had to reboot when I tried to watch one xD

here are the links

SSGuy vs Shinibu Match 1

Match 2

Great use of platform drop Uairs, just be mindful that if they are blocked they are very punishable. If you do an Uair on the front of Snake's shield, he can Ftilt or Utilt you while you're in lag. Just don't get too comforable with it!

Also keep your DI in mind when you get hit. Dying at 114% from Snakes jab really shouldn't happen haha xD

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Masky

Smash Master
I wonder if anyone could help critique some doubles matches? I have a bunch of them that I lost :/

Wrath the Furious

Smash Rookie
Hello my fellow Wario mains...

Here's a few vids of me and Krystedez playing last month. I'm still new to the tournament scene so any tips would be greatly appreciated! We recorded about 10 matches, but I watched through them again and picked one of me getting manhandled, one of me winning, and one of me vs his Snake (I need help with the matchup and asked him to play as Snake).

This first vid is me getting destroyed by Krystedez's Pit. (P.S. sorry about the video quality, I need to get a capture card):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTjjWtZt0Y

This is the vid of me winning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3zmdXb8Jw

This last one is me struggling against his Snake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dlFC30JICU

The first and third vid were pretty early in the day and the 2nd one was one of our last. I feel like I improve a lot when I play Kryz and other good players, but I'm just not able to play against people often. So sadly most my time is spent playing the computer and watching vids of all you playing. With me working full-time and rarely getting days off, I know I will never get to travel to play other people near enough to be amazing at this game, so I will just try to be the best I can at the local level and try to make some noise around here (Indiana). Since I can't travel and play you guys, I figured the next best thing would be posting vids on here and at least getting some of your input this way. If you guys and/or gals (are there any female Wario players?) could give me some pointers I would really appreciate it. Feel free to not hold back. Thanks!

P.S. The videos work for me, but if something is messed up let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom