• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my set?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was watching, but the gf started b****ing as soon as she woke up and I had to stop. I guess I was supposed to straighten up the room but also let her sleep somehow. Anyway, all I can remember is make sure when you're at 100% or higher, you do the regular ledge standup much sooner to be able to punish her landing lag. You were going for a lot of bairs on her shield, when you could possibly tomahawk or wL grab. Sorry nothing else because my gf is a b****.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Alright first thing of advice I'll give you:

If you opt to not chaingrab against Sheik - one of your worst matchups where the CG is your best punish vs her - then that tells me you aren't practicing the CG on her. No Ganon in their right mind who has practiced the chaingrab on Sheik would ever not opt to chaingrab in a tournament set. If you seriously aren't practicing chaingrabbing Sheik by yourself, then this set should be some motivation for you. I saw many occasions where you could have just grabbed Sheik and started a chain grab. There were a lot of unsafe aerials on your shield that you could have shield grabbed and gotten a lot of percent or even a stock for doing so. I don't care if the other Sheik can CG you to death as well. You learn to bait out him trying to grab you and you grab her right back. Giving her back her medicine is the best feeling you can get when fighting Sheik. Seriously, practice the chaingrab.

A lot of the edgeguarding was alright but there were a few instances where it was rather sloppy, especially when you did normal getup from ledge when you were at 100%, giving the Sheik a lot of time to move out of the way but this Sheik didn't for whatever reason. Your spacing on shield was nice for the most part but you could have gotten a lot more mixups on her by throwing in some grabs here and there. Also the side-bing in neutral looked more like a cry of despiration than a cleverly construed method for getting a nice hit on your opponent. You also need to be on the ground and CC a lot more. CC grab in this matchup is soooo good and you completely butcher that ability when you opt to not chaingrab.

I don't really think there is much else I want to go over. I already stated my biggest gripe with your set and I hope you can make improvements upon it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah... i understand the thought of not wanting chaingrabbing, but i don't agree. No one will sandbag against you as a national and you need to learn how to deal with it and practice it yourself until you have it down.

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I just prefer not chaingrabbing unless the sheik is a campy *****. I didn't do it because i'm not used to it, but because it just makes the set more hype IMO. It's just my opinion. But I appreciate the advice, I'm really gonna have to work on my ledge choices while edgeguarding sheik/marth because I seem to have difficulty at times determining whether they will get on stage or not.

Top Bottom