• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Pikachu Please

Capitulize

Smash Rookie
Cross up shields with nair more, you seem to have a hard time after n8 learned your habits getting in with options, and shield crossup nair is an extremely effective options at all times.
Try to be more unpredictable, you nearly lost game one since he picked up so hard on what you were doing, when you started off looking to get a four stock.
Control your quick attacks more, you seem more like a melee pikachu so honestly this can be ignored if you want, but you used them sometimes on ledge and stage to not much avail, as well as Sding twice trying to recover.
Do not go for regrabs off downthrow at more than 20%. It is rare when you are able to chain grab off down throw except for low percent, and should never be able to get one unless they are a semi fast faller and diing in. It is far more effective to upsmash or nair utilt regrab at lower percents.

ItWhiffed

Smash Rookie
I forgot Nair cross-up was good. Thanks for reminding me. As for being unpredictable, again, I only grinded the character out for two days before this local. Lol That'll change as I get more experience with the character and understand all the options I have available to me. I guess ditto for the SDs. I have yet to practice the angles off-stage. And yeah, I was trying to see if I could get a re-grab on DI out against Ness but I couldn't. Thanks for that as well. I'll probably lab it sometime today to see what I can get on certain percentages and DI.

Top Bottom