• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Marth against a 20XX Fox CPU!

Gen.Excel

Smash Rookie
Yo Smashboards, I'm here with some nice 1080p footage of my second go at beating the 20XX Fox CPU. The idea is that I'll take critique from multiple places (I posted my video first in Melee Hell) and then, after getting as much feedback as possible, I will train until I can fourstock the 20XX CPU (With many on Melee Hell at least saying that they can't beat the bot at all).

Feel free to watch the video and give advice on how I should improve.

I'll post the results of my training in a while. Here's a summary of the more useful feedback I got from Melee Hell's community:
"His movement in relation to the cpu was inconsistent and didn't feel right. His approach often lacked the acknowledgement of Fox's movement..."

"Practice incorporating dash dancing and jump cancelled grab into your game more. Other than that, pretty solid."

"you do good, but you need to learn to read and predict better. playing the cpu more will help but also understanding what the cpu or person is capable of in their given situation and position."

"A lot of the time you gave up the ledge for centre stage, yet when the cpu flubbed its tech you were too slow to punish it. Maybe staying in roll distance instead of running too far away will help."

rivers

Smash Cadet
four stocking a cpu isn't going to help you very much

but let's entertain this.

there were points where you'd whiff a move multiple times before said move actually connected. a real player that's not a total ****** will get out of that situation after you whiff the first time, usually. like, you won't be able to whiff a grab twice in a row then get it the third time.

>With many on Melee Hell at least saying that they can't beat the bot at all

that's because besides the top players that show up for memes, literally nobody good is on melee hell

Top Bottom