• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Luigi! :D

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
1st stock, missed jab upb (bad spacing bro ) , read ddd's shielding, notice as soon you lost ur first stock, and ur pressuring him, alot of his body is exposed when he was shielding, u can shield poke with nair or something

your biggest problem was stop rushing so much, your constantly approaching, be patient with your kill, camp it out with fireballs (DDD sucks at approaching, luigi is more flexible on the ground than ddd.)

1:55 = why would you try to go offstage, to edgeguard him? he's on the ledge, his main options have been cut off, (you basically gave up your best position for a ****ty reward) all it takes is a simple reaction, to what hes gonna do on the ledge. be patient and youll get him

the mu is pretty straightforward, all you need to do is just space right outside his grab/ftilt range area, and constantly control the middle of the stage and push him to the ledge where he has no space, you didn't do this, since you kept rushing in and not spacing properly (these are some basics yo! )

also ur letting him land too safely, notice all the times he landed safely and u didnt punish?

dont forget to grab, if theyre shielding alot

dont force the ko, you wait for it and slowly safely chip in damage (by then bthrow can kill DDD)

ps: wall of text ftw

ps: scatt is beast for being a 14 year old wii chuk

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Thanks for the tips. :)

I shouldn't go aggro at all? What should I do if he just stands there and ftilts(Since it seems unpunishable)? I tried to space a bair half the time but I was just hit out of it by ftilt before I could. :l (look at :39) I think that I was too afraid of getting grabbed OOS by him when I was using fireballs to camp.

Basically, how can I stay safe/ pressure DDD when i'm in ftilt range?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You should work on fast falling after your short hops. You'll do everything a lot faster that way. :o Like, rewatch the video and look at all those times you didn't fast fall and how quickly you would have been able to do stuff if you did.

*vanishes*

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
u can go aggro when u get momentum, like starting to juggle him (notice when you got him in the air, u got aggro getting some good damage in etc)

if hes just standing there ftilting, just dance around its range in and out, with fireballs (it should go over the ftilt ) and u should be able to avoid it since ur SH fireballing

i mean its honestly a straightforward mu lol, both of you keep spacing until ddd get's a grab / bairs you or luigi break's ddd zone and ddd loses space etc

not the best video obv, and since c0neyy (namesearch bait) was on point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt_HSvDaDi0

and other vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6miuXCDyEQ&playnext=1&videos=FAtvSNVXiLU&feature=mfu_in_order

notice in that one in the beginning of the match, the neutral situation, boss just throws fireballs while ddd just ftilts,

Top Bottom