• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ganon pweeease. =3

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
'Kay, first match, here we go.

Some of your shffls are a little high, so watch that. Otherwise, you can get shieldgrabbed a lot more easily.

The ledgedash roll to get up off the edge is cool, but I think you do it too much. Try throwing in a few different things.

Also, try to recover a little safer. There're a lot of occasions where it looks like Peach could've smacked you if she went out a little. The dsmash is easily to tech, so don't be afraid of it.

Also be careful when you're trying to shieldgrab Peach. Float canceling is really powerful and she could dsmash you if yout get too predictable with what you do out of shield.

Try replacing some of the fairs with uairs. They're way faster and have comparable knockback.

Csg999

Smash Rookie
I like your style but honestly, I suggest you do your down b a bit more in combat as it seems to me that it has extremely high priority.

Overall you are doing great at gannon and I can see you have room for improvement, just keep practecing and you will eventually own the s*** out of that peach

Gl man

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The Wizard's Foot doesn't really have that much priority... it's just fast and strong, and it's used as a surprise attack.

Also, you can't float cancel with Ganon -_-

Apples

Smash Apprentice
Float cancel more
WTF, with Ganon!? lol
Maybe I should start float canceling with Ganon.

One thing I noticed was that you double-jump a lot > aerial. That's fine a low %, but be careful when you get up around 70 or so, especially with Ganon. His aerials are so slow and they could slip in an aerial of their own before you get that fair out, then you're comboed to death cause you didn't have a jump. No jumps, no nothing.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Ah, thanks very much for the feedback guys, I'll consider all of what everyone told me. (But please keep the criticizing going)

Lol @ Shockwave...or should I say JAMES!!!?? =O
I'll float cancel with Ganon if you learn do wizard's foot with Peach.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
You stomp a bit much, and with peach i've learned you can't trade hits as much as you could with other people beacuse she's a ****ing tank also so you need to work on your spacing also.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
You stomp a bit much.
stomp+upsmash=lulz instant 76damage . i havent watched the matches so im gonna edit after i watch them tomorrow. gotta keep these boards alive

EDIT: i watched these with the smashpasta sets. pretty good ganon. space better and make sure to do stuff with the thing and you will win. lmao

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol What "thing"? But yeah, thanks for the advice. Short hopping U-air while spacing has always been tricky for me. I think I was being a bit too aggressive during these matches. I just want that ***** to die! lol How do you get around her D-smash? Because Ganon's hitbox + Peach's priority = Disaster for Ganon. =(

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You could take a look at Seanson's hitbox system. Use the C-stick, and it spaces really nicely.

As long as you stay in the air, you're pretty safe against the dsmash. Get your hits in and get out, then punish with a fair if she does dsmash.

Top Bottom