• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crescent Slash is a guaranteed Grab Release Combo on short characters

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
...except Wario and Jigglypuff. So:
:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4bowserjr::4gaw::4kirby::4metaknight::4pikachu::4ness::4olimar::4drmario::4villager:

Crescent Slash is Marth/Lucina's 12% sweetspot horizontal custom up-b 2. It is the exact same on both characters. (No tipper) This is the only non-Wario grab release combo in the game. Congrats, I guess.

Full research thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/grab-release-mega-thread-spoilers-almost-zero-combos.373720/
Wow, this is great information thanks. I guess I'm out to unlock Marth's specials and test this out with Lucina. Also, regarding the following statement on your original thread:
Thinkaman said:
I personally really prefer default Dolphin Slahs on Marth, for example. But I don't main any of these guys; I'm interested to hear opinions.
Would you prefer an answer on that thread or on this one?

Senshu

Smash Cadet
How does it work exactly? I've been testing this, and characters you haven't listed are getting hit by CS when they grab release. As long as they struggle with your grab they tend to get hit, quick example, I've had it work on Diddy, Lucario and Bowser. Jigglypuff still doesn't care though.

AufWiedersehen

Smash Cadet
NNID
AufWiedersehen
How does it work exactly? I've been testing this, and characters you haven't listed are getting hit by CS when they grab release. As long as they struggle with your grab they tend to get hit, quick example, I've had it work on Diddy, Lucario and Bowser. Jigglypuff still doesn't care though.
I find f-throw to Crescent Slash is a true combo on almost every character up to around 40%. After that some quick dash steps and/or short hop is necessary to land crescent slash, but at a certain point it's no longer a true combo. Also if Marth/Lucina is in rage the increase in knockback does not allow CS to true combo right out of f-throw without a quick step/jump.

Senshu

Smash Cadet
I find f-throw to Crescent Slash is a true combo on almost every character up to around 40%. After that some quick dash steps and/or short hop is necessary to land crescent slash, but at a certain point it's no longer a true combo. Also if Marth/Lucina is in rage the increase in knockback does not allow CS to true combo right out of f-throw without a quick step/jump.
No no, we're talking about grab release, where they're kind of sent airborne a little if they struggle free when you're not pummeling them, sometimes it leads to a Crescent slash

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
For the record, the f-throw can be DI'd and the follow-up Crescent Slash can miss.

:227:

Senshu

Smash Cadet
For the record, the f-throw can be DI'd and the follow-up Crescent Slash can miss.

:227:
Well yeah, but outside of DI and miss, there is the potential for good KOs and Airdodge reads, and any Marcina should definitely familiarize themselves with CS and it's applications. Personally I keep a close eye on my Fairs and Bairs for potential follow ups.

Top Bottom