• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creature Feature - The Series

Vadise

Smash Rookie
I am forming a group called gamination. It's going to be a gaming company one day, and currently, its main website is on meetup. I will create a forum for gamination today, and soon, create an official website to serve as our landing, info, and description page. Right now, I have 4 games proposed to be created, one of which, is a spin-off game of super smash brothers. The series consists of 9 versions, each version updated via a game patch. Each patch will consist of a separate story line, building on each other as more patches are applied. The game starts out with 8 playable characters, with more being added through each patch. The game modes consists of a story mode, a battle mode, and a versus mode, all of which are offline. The game might even have an online story mode, as well as online ranked and ranked matches and tournaments. Last, but not least, the game will only feature creatures... No humans. It's a 2-D sidescroller Platformer fighting game.

I hope to find people from everywhere to help me make this company a reality. Anyone who is interested in this game can chat/discuss it here or contact me via Gamination's website (when available)

Other games of Gamination consist of:

My Pet Eon (Virtual Pet Simulator w/ Online Content
City Builder HDLX (Offline City Simulator, Like Sim City Classic with more realistic features.)
Plafforms and Pitfalls (Platform Puzzle Game. Build your Platformer stage based on the details and objects given to you. Complete the level to earn points. Spend points to acquire more platform pieces, puzzles, and avatars.)

Vadise

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: This series may be canceled because Rivals of Aether and other games I have not discovered that are similar to mine are simply what's "IN" today. My dream game will never make it now, and the 0 replies proves that no one is really interested in helping. I may just leave the community anyway.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Chill,

It's not every time to get a reply around here. So what if Rival of Aether and other games are similar to yours? Lots of people make smash fan games (and a lot also died out too). Other people's games that may be similar to your idea doesn't mean you should stop, if anything you have to choice to change your game a little differently.

Having no replies in one day doesn't mean anything, it happens to some people. That also shouldn't mean you should stop. If you want people to help, you can find a way to get people's attention (not in an annoying way or anything) or have some work of your own so other people know if the leader can do some things on his own.

You want my advice?
Don't give up, not now. Too early to do so. Maybe plan your games later however. You may want to have experience of your own before you can handle a task like a smash bros fan game. You want to have some experience in spriting, maybe programming, and music. You can get more people in if you can show you are capable of such things as well. And trust me, once you show progress of a game, (which is actually required if you post a fan game around here) more people would become interested and you'll get more attention that way.

Shin Chie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree with UltimateXSniper. Don't give up on your project. I recommend trying to get experience in game development. Put the major projects aside for a while and make smaller games to help you learn a thing or two. Your first game is not going to be a really big project. Try to get experience with an engine for a bit and start to learn things like programming. Its going to be a very hard thing to learn, but trust me it will be worth it.

Top Bottom