• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating the Ultimate Character

The Third Ice Climber

Smash Rookie
I started wondering yesterday: What if we took the best of each move (Fair, Usmash, Bthrow, etc.) and put them onto one character? For example, we could take Falco's Dair and put it onto a character with Marth's grab range and Jigglypuff's Down B. Attacks would have the same range from the character's hitbox before initiating the move that is on the original character, and I think we should use already existing hitboxes on a certain character so we won't have an invisible, invincible mass as the ultimate character.

With me being the non-professional player of Melee that I am, I ask anyone who sees this to reply with what they think should go onto a certain moveslot. Also, I know this will disappoint everyone, but I'm not a hacker. I'm not able to create this character because I have no idea how to edit Melee. If anyone would like to do this themselves, I would love to actually see it in a Youtube video once it's done.

Character names in parentheses are only what I think would be put there. Like I said, I'm no professional, so if there's some better idea, these could be replaced.

Jab: (Pikachu)
F-tilt:
D-tilt:
U-tilt:
Dash Attack:
F-smash: (Marth)
D-smash:
U-smash: (Shiek)
N-air:
F-air:
U-air:
D-air:
B-air: (Jigglypuff/Zelda)
Stand-grab: (Marth)
Dash-grab: (Marth)
Down B: (Falco/Fox/Jigglypuff)
Neutral B: (Falco)
Up B: (Fox/Pikachu/Zelda)
Side B:
Shield Size:
Air Dodge: (Bowser)
Spot Dodge:
Forward Roll: (Mewtwo)
Back Roll: (Mewtwo)
Jump:
Double Jump:

Please feel free to ask for clarification if I wasn't clear enough in here.

Last edited:

The Third Ice Climber

Smash Rookie
If this is supposed to be sarcastic, the character is meant to be overpowered. That would be quite an interesting character, though. I dub it: THE OCTO-FALCON OF DOOM!

Last edited:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Jab: Pikachu
F tilt: Samus
D tilt: Marth
Up tilt: Marth
F smash: Marth
D smash: Peach
Up smash: Fox
Dash attack: Peach
Nair: Luigi
Fair: CF
Up air: Ganon
Bair: Puff
Dair: Falco
Neutral B: Falco
Down B: Falco
Up B: Pikachu
Side B: Bowser
Grab: Marth
up throw: Peach
foward throw: DK
Back throw: Ness
Down throw: Sheik
Pummel: IC's
Taunt: DK
WD: Luigi
Dash: Marth
Run: CF
Shield: IC's
Full hop: Falco
SH: Falco
Double jump: Yoshi
Spot dodge: Fox
Back roll: Sheik
Forward roll: CF
Ledge jump: Ganon
Ledge getup attack: Bowser

Last edited:

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Why luigi nair? for combo potential and how fast it comes out? the range is still terrible though

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Well what would you approach with on the character you just named? Falco dair is the only thing i could thing of to approach with. krazyzyko krazyzyko

Last edited:

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Roy arguably has a better d tilt than Marth.
I would agree with this based on if you already have a puff bair and falco dair, you dont need the dtilt for edguarding so using it as a spacing and combo tool is better.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
What do you mean? Roy's dtilt combos into practically EVERY move in the game. It's beyond over powered.
It can't even combo reliably into all of roy's moves. It lacks range, isn't as safe, and sucks for edgeguarding. If marth had roy's dtilt his neutral game would be noticeably worse.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
It can't even combo reliably into all of roy's moves. It lacks range, isn't as safe, and sucks for edgeguarding. If marth had roy's dtilt his neutral game would be noticeably worse.
I completely disagree, Roys dtilt has completely comparable range, and is only slightly more dangerous. It however is an amazing and quick combo starter, and as previously mentioned, other moves can be used to edgeguard just as well as Marth's dtilt.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I completely disagree, Roys dtilt has completely comparable range, and is only slightly more dangerous. It however is an amazing and quick combo starter, and as previously mentioned, other moves can be used to edgeguard just as well as Marth's dtilt.
The range difference is apparent. Tipper marth dtilt reaches noticeably farther and is unpunishable. What move does roy have for edgeguarding that compares to Marth dtilt? Since marth's dtilt has more range, he has less distance to travel before he simply crouches and hits A and covers virtually any sweetspot attempt. This means he can cover many more situations than roy can. Roy's dtilt doesn't have the good disjoint at tipper range either.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
That may be true, but I still feel that Roy's d-tilt is an effective enough combo starter. The amount of range it trades off for it's use is at the very least worth it, at the very most a steal.

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
The range difference is apparent. Tipper marth dtilt reaches noticeably farther and is unpunishable. What move does roy have for edgeguarding that compares to Marth dtilt? Since marth's dtilt has more range, he has less distance to travel before he simply crouches and hits A and covers virtually any sweetspot attempt. This means he can cover many more situations than roy can. Roy's dtilt doesn't have the good disjoint at tipper range either.
We werent talking about roy vs marth edguarding..we were talking about marth dtilt vs roy downtilt in regards to the other moves chosen by krzyzyko. That being said when you have puff bair, falco dair, why would you use dtilt to edguard. Having roy's dtilt to combo start is more apt imo than having marth dtilt

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
We werent talking about roy vs marth edguarding..we were talking about marth dtilt vs roy downtilt in regards to the other moves chosen by krzyzyko. That being said when you have puff bair, falco dair, why would you use dtilt to edguard. Having roy's dtilt to combo start is more apt imo than having marth dtilt
I was talking about which move was better in general. At top level, the vast majority of characters can punish into death as it is. Having a move that helps your neutral game would benefit more imo if you can already combo to death. Making it easier to combo only helps below top level.

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it's not only a punish, but a neutral game option, and a combo starter. It has benefits for both, and is beneficial in both.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Yeah, but it's not only a punish, but a neutral game option, and a combo starter. It has benefits for both, and is beneficial in both.
My point is one is much better for neutral because of it's range and tipper hitbox, and neutral matters most at top level. That, and it's one of the best edgeguarding tools in the game.

Last edited:

Raycu

Smash Apprentice
But why use your dtilt for an edge guarding tool when we already have multiple other functioning edge guarding tools? Do we really need it if we already have other moves? Hell, I'd personally replace Falco's shine with Fox's shine and then we don't really need any other edge guard option.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
But why use your dtilt for an edge guarding tool when we already have multiple other functioning edge guarding tools? Do we really need it if we already have other moves? Hell, I'd personally replace Falco's shine with Fox's shine and then we don't really need any other edge guard option.
Because it works in more situations as it requires less time to execute.

Zonda1996

Smash Rookie
It comes out in frame 3 so it's more of a combo breaker than a approaching tool so it's poor range isn't that bad. But which nair do you think is the best?
I think Luigi nair is a good choice. It's a combo breaker, combos into other stuff including itself, and becomes a fantastic KO option when your opponent is being annoying and living way beyond normal %.

Top Bottom