• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creating Melee Character Textures using the Melee Toolkit! It's Seriously So Easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mars-

Smash Champion
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I was wonderingif you could help I am having problems with this method, first I cannot edit any textures which have already been edited, when I try to load selected file the program gives me this error:

If I start from scratch it seems to work up until I attempt to load the character in game and then I get a bunch of errors on dolphin.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 I was wonderingif you could help I am having problems with this method, first I cannot edit any textures which have already been edited, when I try to load selected file the program gives me this error:

If I start from scratch it seems to work up until I attempt to load the character in game and then I get a bunch of errors on dolphin.
Make sure you close out of your ISO in Toolkit before trying to open in Dolphin. And vice versa. They can't both be using the ISO at the same time.

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
It means to select your iso...
I also don't want just a color scheme, I wanna add a cape and armbands, i'm trying to make my falcon look like Space ghost (I always call my falcon space ghost kinda like how lucky calls his falcon batman)

ErXtDe

Smash Rookie
I'm having trouble, It wont let me load game and watch, I try and it gives me errors. HALP

Achilles1515

Smash Master

This is my first try at this, I think it looks alright.
Dang, that looks good. Be sure to post anything final in the Official Texture Hack thread.

Side note: Perusing through my notes…it looks like I need a red and green Roy texture for 20XX 4.0. It would be sweet if you made this texture available on one of those colors!

Kale.

Smash Cadet
Dang, that looks good. Be sure to post anything final in the Official Texture Hack thread.

Side note: Perusing through my notes…it looks like I need a red and green Roy texture for 20XX 4.0. It would be sweet if you made this texture available on one of those colors!
If you're looking for a certain Luigi texture for 20XX I'd be happy to make one - just let me know.

SolidFalco

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me, I've changed the eye texture on my falco on Melee and there's a second frame where his eyes have changed looking left, the first texture is fine But when idled his eyes would change the texture for a fraction of a second, and same goes for his N-air animation it has the same eye frame as the one that doesn't have the texture. texture 14 and 24 are the same eye texture for falco,And I have yet to find that texture from his eye on the N-air. Can someone please help me

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
@ SolidFalco SolidFalco I know melee toolkit doesn't always collect all the textures, expecially for eyes. You have to find them manually - I don't know how to do it either. I think achillies usually says download steelia's textures but im not sure where to do that myself or how to replace the other textures without melee toolkit D:

maybe someone will help us, RIP

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ SolidFalco SolidFalco I know melee toolkit doesn't always collect all the textures, expecially for eyes. You have to find them manually - I don't know how to do it either. I think achillies usually says download steelia's textures but im not sure where to do that myself or how to replace the other textures without melee toolkit D:

maybe someone will help us, RIP
http://smashboards.com/threads/crea...t-its-seriously-so-easy.360513/#post-17116390

Steelia's packs contain every texture for a character and tell you the offset for the images within the .dat file.

Use this info with DAT Texture Wizard to place edited images into the .dat instead of doing it "manually".

DocThunder

Smash Rookie
I have created another horrible retexture.

i regret ( Also the face is actually on the tie ingame. )

Gaylude

Smash Rookie
I've come across a few issues.

First, how can I replace a texture that has no open "custom texture" slot. Characters that already have full alternate costume slots. I.E., CPt. Falc or Fox
Second, is it possible to add a colored background like you have set to default for those characters who come preloaded with custom costumes? It really helps with inexperienced players knowing if they have the custom costume on or not

Third, How hard might it be to add support for multiple file syncing? Instead of going through one texture file at a time and uploading each one, completely updating each file all at once would be much more beneficial. This would also be very handy alongside a feature that allows you to download every texture file at once.
I understand that this should be sent directly to InternetExplorer, but I'm lazy and this is a neccesary place.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Has anyone experienced enormous amounts of lag while attempting to use The Melee Toolkit with Windows 10?

Edit: For those unaware, the DAT Texture Wizard has replaced the melee toolkit in every way.

Last edited:

Domo-dono

Smash Cadet
NNID
K3ptSecret
3DS FC
4425-2815-8686
I've come across a few issues.

First, how can I replace a texture that has no open "custom texture" slot. Characters that already have full alternate costume slots. I.E., CPt. Falc or Fox
Second, is it possible to add a colored background like you have set to default for those characters who come preloaded with custom costumes? It really helps with inexperienced players knowing if they have the custom costume on or not

Third, How hard might it be to add support for multiple file syncing? Instead of going through one texture file at a time and uploading each one, completely updating each file all at once would be much more beneficial. This would also be very handy alongside a feature that allows you to download every texture file at once.
I understand that this should be sent directly to InternetExplorer, but I'm lazy and this is a neccesary place.
I would like to know this too. I'm trying to develop a custom 20xx build that has familiar color palettes for every character, followed by a set of completely new character skins. I would also like for a visual indicator that one is selecting a default vs. new skin so that players can tell the difference.

Originally, I replaced default skins, and now when I think about it, I'm dreading the 'Johns' I'll be receiving from players saying that they want what they're used to. I'd rather leave it up to the player, than have someone question the validity of my setup.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
I want to edit some of the alternate textures that 20XX offers. I would prefer not to change any of the default skins. Does anyone know how to locate the alternate skin .dat files?

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
Its in the 3.02 patch notes for 20XX in its main post.

Also you guys the DAT Texture Wizard 3 has replaced the Melee toolkit in every way.

BRUJO~

Smash Apprentice
Its in the 3.02 patch notes for 20XX in its main post.

Also you guys the DAT Texture Wizard 3 has replaced the Melee toolkit in every way.
Is there a guide that could show me how to use that?

Nothin' But Guts!

Smash Rookie
So I edited jigglypuff's bow to be a different color (green), but this gets confusing during team battles (because the bow is still the blue color choice).
Can I swap the .dat of the green and blue slots (switch the bow and the headband) or is this not possible?

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
no, you have to swap the textures manually to the other .dat, however, in this case the shape of the hat is different and so 'swapping textures' isn't really the whole thing. Switching hats for characters is possible but not something you can do with just the toolkit. It is one of the more complicated hacks I believe, you may be interested in trying the Hat Pack for jigglypuff available in the melee textures thread

Ben Zed

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BENZ#0
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 have you changed which .dat files are associated with which custom costumes in the new 20XX 4.0 beta? I seem to keep replacing the wrong file (Trying to replace the hylian marth costume with my own costume.) LMK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom