• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your DLC likeliness chart!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Ever since Mewtwo has been confirmed for DLC everyone wants to believe that their most wanted character will join the battle in SSB4 as a downloadable fighter. After confirming Mewtwo's arrival in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, it was later revealed that Lucas, who failed to be in the initial SSB4 roster, was going to be released as a DLC fighter in order to satisfy those who missed him. It also has been confirmed that more DLC fighters are coming later, and Nintendo put an official ballot online in order to allow fans to suggest new character ideas directly to them!

We don't exactly know how the DLC newcomers will be chosen, but knowing that a lot of people missed Lucas and an official ballot has been added online, we can assume that Nintendo will try to satisfy their fans as much as possible by adding popular choices. Then again, will a character's popularity alone will allow it to be a DLC fighter? Or maybe there are other criteria?

I think that most people who joined Smashboards before SSB4's release to speculate about its roster were familiar with the Rate Their Chances game, whose purpose was to determine who were the most likely newcomers, so we could later compare our results with what actually happened, and laugh at how we were wrong. Of course some characters like Little Mac and Palutena were considered as extremely likely and became eventually playable newcomers, but at the same time we gave high chances to characters like Chrom and King K. Rool but they're not playable, while we highly underestimated chances for Rosalina and Duck Hunt (referred as Duck Hunt Dog before his confirmation), and Greninja wasn't even considered!
Now the purpose of this thread is to determine who are the most likely characters to join the battle after the game's release thanks to DLCs, according to fans. In order to participate to the project, post your own DLC likeliness chart using the tier system shown bellow, and I'm regularly going to update a general DLC likeliness chart taking into account everyone's expectations. (I'll not put in the general chart characters listed only in a few ones.)

Currently confirmed DLC fighters:
> Mewtwo was the first DLC character revealed in the 50-Fact Extravaganza, even before the Wii U version launched. This thread was created after his confirmation, which means he wasn't rated.
> Lucas was the second DLC character to be revealed in the April 2015 Direct. Prior to his confirmation, we rated him B tier.
> Roy was the third DLC character revealed; we first found evidence of him through data files found in the 1.0.6 update, before his former reveal in the June Smash DLC presentation. We weren't confident about him at all due to redundancy concerns, and we put him in D tier. Failing in our predictions is part of the magic of speculation, isn't it?
> Ryu was the fourth DLC character revealed; similar to Roy, evidence of him was found in the 1.0.6 update, then he was officially revealed in the same presentation as him. This one completely caught us off-guard because we generally didn't consider him as a contender; as such he wasn't even rated!

The different tiers which will be used for this thread are the following: SSS; S; A; B; C; D; E; F. Try to be consistent with this chart system so I can easily take into account your opinion. Here are suggested benchmarks:
> SSS: extremely likely, almost a shoo-in (~95%)
> S: very likely, actually more likely than not (~55%)
> A: fairly likely, close to a coin flip (~40%)
> B: solid chance, but not exactly likely (~25%)
> C: solid chance, but will most likely not happen (~15%)
> D: possible, but very low chance (~5%)
> E: possible, but extremely low chance (~1%)
> F: pipe dream, borderline negligible chance (~0.1%) you don't need to put a bunch of deconfirmed characters such as Chrom and Ridley in this tier.

The goal is not to create a want chart. I you want to vote for your favourite DLC choices I suggest you to visit this thread. Also try to be as unbiased as possible - don't put your most wanted in A or above just because it's your most wanted. You're free to explain some of your choices, but please respect the opinion of other people and don't let this thread turn into an endless debate or flame war. If you changed your mind just repost and specify that it's not your first post here, but try to at least wait a little before reposting :p

EDIT! 07/02/2015 As of now, if you have literally no idea where to put someone in your chart, you're now allowed to put them in a no clue category in order to completely abstain from impacting their general rating. Note that it's different from not rating a character at all, as the later actually participates to decreasing the character's raking!

Current general chart
As of 07/23/2015

[----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------]​

So I'm going to post my own expectation chart:

> SSS tier:
Wolf

> S tier:
... nothing.

> A tier:
Dixie Kong
Inkling
King K. Rool

> B tier:
Bandanna Dee
Captain Toad
Marshal/Chorus Kids/whatever from Rhythm Heaven

> C tier:
Isaac
Impa
Ivysaur
Krystal
Paper Mario
Pichu
Solid Snake
Squirtle

> D tier:
Bomberman
Chibi-Robo
Ice Climbers
Jibanyan
New Sonic series character
Professor Layton
Ray MK

> E tier:
4th Mii Fighter
Daisy
Rayman
Sceptile
Toon Zelda
Wonder Red
Young Link

> F tier:
Banjo-Kazooie
Bayonetta
Codename S.T.E.A.M. character
Geno
Globox
Magikarp
Shantae
Tetris Block
Tharja

... and Conker in FFF minus downright impossible pipe dream tier.

Edit 01/10/2015: updated my chart for the first time, here are the changes I did
Edit 01/13/2015: changed Krystal's rating
Edit 01/24/2015: put Krystal back to D tier, here's by reasoning
Edit 04/05/2015: major update for my chart, here are the changes I did
Edit 04/09/2015: added Paper Mario
Edit 06/16/2015: major update for my chart, here are the chances I did
Edit 07/02/2015: added Bomberman and Geno to my chart, and moved Solid Snake in a dedicated abstain category
Edit 07/05/2015: added Ray MK in D tier
Edit 08/17/2015: did a few changes, here are those changes
Edit 10/12/2015: updated the chart, here are the changes

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Might as well put my likeliness chart here also:

I think this reasonable enough.
Great, but could you specify the different tiers please? That would help :p
(Also there are a fex characters I don't recognize: the one above Hades, the one above Krystal, and the bottom four - I guess the biker is either Excitebiker or Mach Rider)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Updated it for you.
Great, but could you specify the different tiers please? That would help :p
(Also there are a fex characters I don't recognize: the one above Hades, the one above Krystal, and the bottom four - I guess the biker is either Excitebiker or Mach Rider)
The one above Hades is Monster Hunter.
The one above Krystal is Masked Man.
And the bottom four (from top to bottom) are Excitebiker, Bubbles, Mach Rider, and Muddy Mole.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Hmmmm I'll try.

S- Mewtwo, Wolf and Lucas
A- Ice Climbers and Roy
B- Yoshimitsu (I have high hopes), Bayonetta, Snake and Captain Toad
C- Anthony and/or Adam, a Zelda rep from the new game and a Starfox rep from the new game
D- Krystal (Just let her go already), King K. Rool (I just can't see him happening anymore), Ridley (All hope is lost), Wart, Daisy, Waluigi, Skull Kid, Saki, Isaac, Reggie, Iwata, Miyamoto, Sakurai, Marx and a piece of wood.
F- Deviantart OCs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
S - Mewtwo, Wolf
A - Dixie Kong, Fiora, Bandana Dee, Inkling
B - Wonder Red, Snake, Marshal, Isaac
C - Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, K. Rool, Square Enix rep (not necessarily Geno or Black Mage)
D - Isa Jo, Rayman, Impa
E - Lip, Krystal, Ivysaur, Squirtle, FE Roy, Pichu
F - Young Link, Banjo Kazooie

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
>S:
Wolf

>A:
Dixie

>B:
Inkling
Isaac
Lucas

>C:
Chorus Men/Marshal
Ice Climbers
K. Rool

>D:
Bandana Dee
Captain Toad
Impa
Ivysaur
Krystal
Rayman
Squirtle

>E:
Bayonetta
Chibi-Robo
Fleming
Lip
Pichu
Roy
Snake

>F:
The Rest

Last edited:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Thanks for your contributions! I'm going to do the first general chart in a quarter of hour before going to bed, I'll just edit this post if no one else posts before me. Just to clarify: characters appearing in less than 50 % of lists will not appear in the general rating chart, and if there are characters listed in less than 100 % of posted charts they're going to get a penalty in their rating (I don't consider an unlisted character as a straight F, just as a lack of interest, but it's enough for me to lower a rating for a given character).

Edit: the first chart is here!

Wolf is the undisputed favourite choice, being S ranked four times and A ranked once. Dixie Kong does a good job too, being A ranked three times, B ranked once and unranked once. Lucas, Inkling and the concept of a Rhythm Heaven character work very well too (Marshal and Chorus Kids votes went together to this concept in order to ease my work because their purpose is pretty much the same - represent the Rhythm Heaven franchise). Bayonetta, Captain Toad, Isaac and Snake have mixed opinions, overall ranking them in the average C tier.

For new voters, I advise you to not forget to vote for those characters in your rankings so they won't go under 50 % votes!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Alright. Can I get my chart in real fast before you post?

Confirmed
Mewtwo

S Tier (~55%):
Dixie Kong
Wolf

A Tier (~40%):
Bandana Dee
Impa
Krystal

B Tier (~25%):
Sceptile
Ivysaur
King K. Rool
Rhythm Heaven newcomers (Marshal, Chorus Kids, etc.)
Lucas

C Tier (~15%):
Isaac
Metroid newcomers (Rundas, Sylux, etc.)
Captain Toad
Squirtle
Non-Sceptile Pokemon newcomers (Mienshao, Scizor, etc.)
Paper Mario
Ice Climbers

D Tier (~5%):
Wonder Red
Rayman
Snake
Kid Icarus newcomers (Hades, Medusa, etc.)
Chibi-Robo
Inkling
Bayonetta
Xenoblade newcomers (Fiora, XCX characters, etc.)
Roy

E Tier (~1%):
Geno (If only...)
Daisy
Lip
Mii Spellcaster
Young Link
Pichu

F Tier (Basically No Chance):
Goku (lol)
Banjo & Kazooie (Rest in peace, Rare...)

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Great thread idea. It's interesting to see everyone else's ideas as well!

S: Lucas, Wolf

A: Fiora, Impa, Bandana Dee

B: Ice Climbers, another Pokemon character (Sceptile or a Hoenn trainer to represent ORAS), Dixie Kong, a Metroid character

C: Isaac, K. Rool, Captain Toad, Inkling, Krystal

D: Bayonetta, Another FE character (most likely Anna or Roy), Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur

E: Pichu (lol), Daisy, Young Link, Lip, Rayman, Chibi-Robo

Argos

Smash Apprentice
Might as well.

A: Wolf

B: Dixie Kong, Lucas, Rhythm Heaven Rep, Ice Climbers, King K. Rool

C: Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Returning Pokemon Character (Ivysaur, Pichu, Squirtle), Snake, Inkling, Isaac

D: Roy, Young Link, Impa, Krystal, Rayman, Kid Icarus Rep

E: Bayonetta, Chibi Robo, Wonder Red, Paper Mario, Lip, Pokemon Newcomer, Metroid Newcomer

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
A Tier: Wolf, Isaac

B Tier: Impa, Fiora, Chorus Men, Bandana Dee

C Tier: Wonder Red, Inkling, K. Rool, Dixie, Snake, Krystal

D Tier: Bayonetta, Rayman, Lucas, Ice Climbers, Roy, Square Enix rep.

E Tier: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Ridley, Pichu, 4th Mii Fighter, Geno, Young Link

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I really have to wonder why characters like Chorus Men and Fiora are being ranked so high... Something about that doesn't seem right.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Its my turn
S: Wolf
A:Lucas
B:Isaac
C:Krool, Dixie,Inkling,Bandanna Dee, Krystal
D: Ice Climbers, Sami
E:Roy, Pious, Another Kid Icarus character
F:Snake, every other third party character

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
S: Wolf, Lucas
A: Inkling, Dixie Kong, Ice Climbers, Captain Toad
B: Fiora, Isaac, Impa, Rayman
C: Bayonetta, Mona, K. Rool, Roy, Bandana Dee, Snake
D: Wonder Red, Monita, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Tetra
E: Calista, Micaiah, Sami, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Pichu, Shantae, Shovel Knight
F: Basically every other character that is eligible that hasn't been outright deconfirmed.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
S - Wolf, Dixie Kong
A - Captain Toad, Fiora, Lucas, Inkling
B - Rayman, K. Rool, Marshal/Rhythm Girl, Bandanna Dee
C - Bayonetta, Ice Climbers, Snake, Isaac, Impa
D - Wonder Red, Shantae, Fleming, Medusa/Hades, Lana/Cia
E - Savvy Stylist, Krystal, Ivysaur, Squirtle, FE Roy, Pichu (Nope Nope Nope)
F - Anyone other than the above (deconfirmed or not).

Note: Some of these choices are for possible promotion purposes while others are due to possible fan demand.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
S - Wolf and Dixie Kong
A - Lucas, Inkling, Captain Fleming, Impa/Lana
B - King K. Rool, Captain Toad, Bandana Dee, Isaac
C - Ice Climbers, some type of Rhythm Heaven thing
D - Krystal/Slippy, Ridley
F - Everyone else

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm sorry, but thinking Fiora has more than a sliver of a chance is super dumb. She's a supporting character in a niche game in a very small series which was lucky to get its protagonist as playable and now people think the re-release of the game (something which I'm pretty sure has never effected the roster past some aesthetic details - actually those were remakes, not re-releases... re-releases haven't done anything) is not just enough to make her possible yet unlikely (very unlikely), but give her close to a coin flip's chances. When the next game in the series also comes out next year. And it's not like she'd be some pretty-much-just-a-model-change clone either.

C'mon guys... Fiora? Some people will buy any and all Smash DLC, but other than them, who is it going to entice? The hardcore Xenoblade fans and the small Fiora fanbase? Most people don't even know who Shulk is, let alone Fiora. Mario Kart releases Link, Villager, and Isabelle as DLC, and Smash releases... Fiora. Of the presumably few characters who will be DLC, Nintendo chooses to spend its resources developing... Fiora. For a re-release.

It's just adding a Xenoblade character for the sake of another Xenoblade character. But the thing is... Xenoblade isn't in a position where another character is any kind of necessity. In fact it would be overkill. It would be no different than KI getting as many characters as there are games in the series.

At first I thought it was just a few fanboys. Or maybe people were trolling. But this is worse than Sceptile bandwagoning. :/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Fiora support baffles me.

Especially when Reyn is better in every way.

She's the most bandwaggony character I've seen in a long time and it's incredibly baffling that people thinks she has a chance now that support has started now.

Still, I'm thinking that this is one of those, "GUYS GUYS, THERE'S THIS CHARACTER LIKELIHOOD THINGY, LETS GO RATE OUR CHARACTER SUPER DUPER HIGH THEN PEOPLE WILL THINK ITS TRUE" kind of things. It happened with Rate Their Chances, it happened here and it's only confusing people as this support came out of almost nowhere.

Regardless, my thoughts.

God Tier: :mewtwopm:
S Tier: :wolf::lucas:
A Tier: Dixie Kong, King K. Rool, :snake:,
B Tier: Chibi-Robo, Marshall, Impa, Inkling, Isaac
C Tier: Bandana Dee, :ivysaur::squirtle::roypm::pichumelee:, Captain Toad, Wonder Red, Metroid Character
D Tier: Rayman, Reworked :popo:

I think people are really underestimating the vets.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Confirmed
Mewtwo

S Tier (~55%):
Wolf
Lucas

A Tier (~40%):
Dixie Kong

B Tier (~25%):
Captain Toad
Bandana Dee
Impa
(These characters are all featured heavily in games that are Amiibo compatible, and ergo may get their own amiibo. Makes sense to add them if they get amiibo.)
Inkling
(Promotional reasons I suppose)

C Tier (~15%):
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Isaac
Roy
Ivysaur
Squirtle
K. Rool (honestly can't see him getting in unless he 'Returns' to Donkey Kong Country)
Rayman

D Tier (~5%):
Chibi Robo
Pichu
Snake
Sceptile
Reworked Ice Climbers

E Tier (~1%):
Vaati
Lip
Mach Rider
Captain Rainbow

F Tier (Basically No Chance):
Geno
Goku
Shrek
A second Sonic character
A second Megaman character
A second Namco character
Any other 3rd party
Any assist trophy

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Xenoblade is getting a rerelease on the new 3DS, that's why people think of Fiora or another Xenoblade character of having a good shot.
Actually I think that Xenoblade 3DS is more of a step forward to make the IP an actually major one for Nintendo instead of a niche game and thus a reason why Shulk was included as playable in Smash in the first place, so I wouldn't put my hopes high for a new Xenoblade Chronicles (not X) character due to this port. But don't let this thread turn into a bashing debate please.

Anyway, after one night in Europe I'm going to take into account every new chart posted here in order to make an new, updated one.

[Edit] Here is the new chart!

Changes compared to the previous chart:
> Bandana Dee, Impa, King K. Rool, Ivysaur and Squirtle managed to increase their ranting by one;
> Rhythm Heaven character and Bayonetta saw their ranking decreased by one;
> added Wonder Red in D tier;
> removed Young Link due to the lack of votes for him.

My opinion on this chart:
> Lucas is waaaaaaaay overrated. I... just don't see him returning. My opinion on cut characters didn't change since I posted my own chart.
> Ice Climbers should be lower for reasons similar to Lucas, and Isaac is overrated as well, the lack of Assist Trophy is the only major thing he has going for him IMO.
> Captain Toad should be higher. He's the new rising star of the Mario franchise and, in my opinion, the most viable way to add a playable Toad in Smash.
Otherwise the chart seems pretty accurate for me.

Thanks for your votes! :)

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm only going to include characters that are even remotely plausible here (so no deconfirmed characters like Chrom or Ridley, or outright implausible choices like Sceptile).

S: (9/10)
Wolf

A: (8/10)
Dixie Kong
Lucas
Squirtle
Ivysaur

B: (6/10)
Captain Toad
Ice Climbers
K. Rool

C: (5/10)
Dr. Luigi
Paper Mario
Rayman
Snake
Roy

D: (4/10)
Inkling
Young Link
Pichu
Cranky Kong
Balloon Fighter

E: (2/10)
Chibi Robo
Waddle Dee
Isaac
Krystal
Excite Biker
Slippy
Impa

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, here's my take.

Confirmed: Mewtwo
S Tier: Wolf
A Tier: Lucas
B Tier: Isaac, King K. Rool, Rayman
C Tier: Medusa, Wonder-Red, Inkling, Dixie Kong
D Tier: Snake, Roy, Fiora, Bayonetta
E Tier: Chibi-Robo, Chorus Kids, Krystal, Pichu, Young Link, Squritle, Ivysaur, a singular Ice Climber, Custom Robo rep, Advance Wars rep
F Tier: Goku, Banjo-Kazooie, and other pie-in-the-sky fantasies

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
S: Wolf
A: Dixie Kong, Lucas
B: Inkling, Impa
C: Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur
D: Bayonetta, Wonder Red
E: Rayman, Roy, Pichu.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm sorry, but thinking Fiora has more than a sliver of a chance is super dumb. She's a supporting character in a niche game in a very small series which was lucky to get its protagonist as playable and now people think the re-release of the game (something which I'm pretty sure has never effected the roster past some aesthetic details - actually those were remakes, not re-releases... re-releases haven't done anything) is not just enough to make her possible yet unlikely (very unlikely), but give her close to a coin flip's chances. When the next game in the series also comes out next year. And it's not like she'd be some pretty-much-just-a-model-change clone either.

C'mon guys... Fiora? Some people will buy any and all Smash DLC, but other than them, who is it going to entice? The hardcore Xenoblade fans and the small Fiora fanbase? Most people don't even know who Shulk is, let alone Fiora. Mario Kart releases Link, Villager, and Isabelle as DLC, and Smash releases... Fiora. Of the presumably few characters who will be DLC, Nintendo chooses to spend its resources developing... Fiora. For a re-release.

It's just adding a Xenoblade character for the sake of another Xenoblade character. But the thing is... Xenoblade isn't in a position where another character is any kind of necessity. In fact it would be overkill. It would be no different than KI getting as many characters as there are games in the series.

At first I thought it was just a few fanboys. Or maybe people were trolling. But this is worse than Sceptile bandwagoning. :/
It also helps that based on everything we've seen, Cross seems too similar to Shulk from a gameplay perspective in X. The only things new we actually see from him/her is a customizable appearance,guns (which might be problematic), and mech (Final Smash material. Then again, all Fire Emblem lords had played the same way in their games with minor differences in appearance and stats (Though this didn't stop Marth and any other FE rep from being playable in Smash).

At this point, we don't really know what an X character might bring to the table when it comes to uniqueness which is why we are rather iffy about him/her. Perhaps opinions might chance one we know even more about the game next year or soon as it comes out.

Swampy, Reyn has nothing but a shield blade and I'm pretty sure the quotes are the only thing likable about him.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Put Young Link at a different tier and you'll have a okay-ish chart. I'd recommend Y-tier.
Majora's Mask remake, and the fact that he's still a vet makes Young Link a plausible candidate. He may not be as likely as Wolf or Squirtle, but he's still more likely than a lot of these silly suggestions like Bayonetta, Chorus Men and Sceptile.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm sorry, but thinking Fiora has more than a sliver of a chance is super dumb.
Thinking that Fiora has less than a chance is pretty dumb too on the contrary.

Of the presumably few characters who will be DLC, Nintendo chooses to spend its resources developing... Fiora. For a re-release.
Yes, that is a possibility that could happen, now I'm starting to strongly dislike these resource comments now, they do nothing but hurt.
Fiora is not the only Xenoblade candidate for consideration, there's also Melia, who's one of the most popular Xenoblade characters out there who admittably is slightly likelier to happen than Fiora.

But the thing is... Xenoblade isn't in a position where another character is any kind of necessity. In fact it would be overkill.
It is just your opinion though. To a small extent, Xenoblade is in a pretty similar situation with the Mother series getting a 2nd character in Brawl, it's decently popular and prominent enough to get another character.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ok, I'll play:

Confirmed: Mewtwo
(about time)​

S: Wolf.
He's the only character I can really see coming back. With a new Star Fox in the works and the massive fan complaints about his exclusion, I think he's in prime position to return. And he'd better.
A: Lucas, Toad, Dixie
Lucas also has a major fan base, but this is shadowed by the fact that the creator killed the franchise. He could easily be proted from Brawl, just like Wolf, though. Toad is getting a game that is amiibo compatible, so that should work, assuming that Sakurai will add him after seeing the fan outcry at "this series has too many reps". Dixie since DK needs another character, and Dixie's been important. Even though a large number of fans would rather have a different rep...
B: Inkling, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Ice Climbers
Splatoon got a massive following from E3, despite not being out yet. Great way to hype the game when it does come out. The two mons can be proted from Brawl and did have their small fanbases, but they need new d-specials and FS's, so they may need to get changed a bit. Also, "Pokémon has too many reps!!!1!111one". The IC's also have a huge fanbase, but they'll not be in unless hardware issues get fixed. Maybe if the 3DS uses a solo and WiiU gets the normal, or if it only works on New3DS...
C: Ridley, K.Rool, Medusa/Hades
I want this pack nao. Anyway, Rids and Rool both have massive fanbases, Ridley's is large enough to have been acknowledged by Sakurai and Nintendo. DLC is a great way to get money, and they know it'll sell. True, he has his haters, but he has is fanboys (like me) who will definitely pay to get him. K.Rool to be a much-needed DK rep, and also he's been highly requested worldwide, Nintendo just seems to be trying to distance themselves from anything Rare. And the KI villain since it's very likely that Sakurai could understand "Americans want villains" to be "OK, I'll give you more KI stuff, you like that, right?"
And about the deconfirmations - who said that a character can have only one role in the Smash universe? Tell that to Zelda/Sheik, Mario/Doc, Samus/ZSS, Tink/Stage element on Spirit Tracks, etc.
D: Wonder Red, Bayonetta, Snake
They've been much fairer to third and second parties this time, and all three have nice fanbases. Snake is a true 3rd party, but really doesn't fit in the "gaming history" theme of the current 3rd parties He's also not had a game on a Nintendo console in a while, he's mostly known as a PS character. However, he could be proted from Brawl. The other two have successful WiiU games and fanbases, so thay could pop by, but Bay might end up competing a bit much with Zamus for "Character who Feminists Against Video Games hate most"
E: Roy, Isaac, Krystal, Chrom, Rayman
All have their fanbases, but all are overshadowed by other characters from the franchise. Roy was just a clone in Melee, and hasn't really been seen much since. Isaac was cut as an AT from Brawl, and his last game did poorly. Krystal is nowhere near as requested as Wolf. Sakurai decided against Chrom despite his fans to avoid rehashing clones (oops...). And Rayman fits about as well as Snake (see above), but then needs a moveset made from scratch.
F: Young Link, Pichu
Yes, they're veterans, but they were clones. Even Sakurai didn't like them. Young Link was pretty much replaces in every way with Tink (and doesn't Link have enough characters trying to steal his thunder already?), and Pichu was intended as a joke since he damaged himself with every attack. Don't see them happening.
Honorable Mention: Black Shadow/new Ganondorf
Another one I really want, but won't happen at all. It'd be easy enough to remake Ganondorf to be the awesome Hyrule Warrior he was intended to be, and then give the moveset to Black Shadow, but it won't happen. Shadow's got a big fanbase in Japan, mainly because of the voice actor, and most of America wants Ganon to not be a Falcon clone anymore, particularly after his first playable appearance made him an absolute beast.​

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
A Tier:
Ridley (Am I serious or not? 2mysterious4u)
Isaac
Dixie
Wonder Red
Inkling maybe
Cut veterans

F Tier:
Every other character

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
S++++ Tier: Mewtwo :p

S Tier: Wolf
A Tier: Dixie Kong, Inkling, Isaac
B Tier: Ice Climbers, King K. Rool, Chorus Kids, Wonder Red, Lucas
C Tier: Chibi-Robo, Captain Fleming, Captain Toad
D Tier: Impa, Snake, either Mach Rider or Muddy Mole (a retro in general. These are just the only two left that come to mind :p )

F Tier: Everyone else
Maybe-If-I-Sell-My-Soul-To-Sakurai Tier: Chrom :(

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Swampy, Reyn has nothing but a shield blade and I'm pretty sure the quotes are the only thing likable about him.
Reyn and Riki are the deepest characters in the party. Did you play the same Xenoblade Chronicles that I did?

There is a lot to like about him. The quotes are only quoted because people like him. Not the other way around.

Oh, and the main character of X has guns you know. Pretty sure that stands out from Shulk.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
^ Except Sakurai doesn't like guns, so if theoretically Cross were to get in, the guns are out.

Why is everyone suddenly going to the "bandwagon" argument? I acknowledge that my choices aren't exactly likely, but they have a solid shot at the very least. And I don't see it as "bandwagoning", it's just people showing support for a character because they genuinely like them and see potential in them, not because it's "the cool thing to do".

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
S tier: Wolf,Ice climbers

> A tier:
Rayman(Sure Ubisoft did something to Nintendo, but that was only TWICE, of course Watch_Dogs felt better on ps3, etc, just didn't feel right on Wii U, it was more of a GTA-like game, but Rayman has almost everything in it that SSB4 doesn't have to come up with, the moveset is perfect from the other games, the dash would be the running tornado from Rayman Legends, ETC)

> B tier:
Wonder Red
Captain Toad

> C tier:
Chibi-Robo
Isaac
Snake

> D tier:
Shovel Knight
Shantae
Roy
Lucas
Chorus Men
Inking

> E tier:
Captain Rainbow
Some other Xenoblade Chronicles characters
One more Kirby rep
King K Rool (not a fan, but I do like the fanbase)
Toon Zelda(probably never going to happen, still love her)
Vaati
Maxwell(Scribblenauts)

> F tier:
Dixie Kong, we don't need another monkey, what else could she play from Diddy?

Viewtiful Joe, im sure there are fans out there who love this guy, but Wonder Red came out more soon, well known and have music in SSB4, he has a chance, but id say not likely.

Im seeing a lot of people ranking Rayman down under C, C is perfect, but under C, I don't really understand, I know its all your opinions, but he has the perfect moveset actually, its all in his games, actually, theres more moves for Rayman to actually see which move is better for him, his Final smash would be hard to make up, but Ubisoft already made a Rayman model, why not use that model to actually animate it?

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
S:
Wolf, Lucas
The next two most likely DLC characters, I think.

A:
Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Chorus Men/a Rhythm Heaven character, Captain Toad
Squirtle and Ivysaur are pretty likely. Ice Climbers would probably get in if they work out the hardware problems. Chorus Men, or any Rhythm Heaven character, are likely, assuming that they did cut one during development. Captain Toad is very likely IMO - he might even get an Amiibo as promotion.
B:
Impa, Inkling, Dixie Kong, Bandanna Dee, Roy, Pichu
Impa, Dixie, Dee, and Inkling are all possible newcomers. Especially Impa or Dixie, seeing that we didn't get any new Zelda or DK characters. Roy and Pichu are... second rate veterans, if you ask me. But they still could come back.
C:
Lip, Mach Rider, Wonder Red, Krystal, Young Link, Snake
We're getting less and less likely now... Young Link is highly improbable considering that we already have two Links. Snake, doesn't seem likely if he wasn't added from the get-go. The four newcomers are possible, but who knows.
D:
Rayman, Professor Layton, Toon Zelda, King K. Rool, Isaac, Skull Kid
Rayman and Layton are probably the next most likely third party newcomers. Rool and Isaac obviously deserve it, but I don't think they are likely. Toon Zelda or Skull Kid could get in to represent Wind Waker HD or Majora's Mask 3D, respectively (even though I think Impa is more likely).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reyn and Riki are the deepest characters in the party. Did you play the same Xenoblade Chronicles that I did?

There is a lot to like about him. The quotes are only quoted because people like him. Not the other way around.

Oh, and the main character of X has guns you know. Pretty sure that stands out from Shulk.
Yes, played the same game and I know he's much more prominent because he's "the well developed bestie". You're right about how he isn't popular just because of the quotes, but that doesn't mean that people can abuse them until they lose their novelty like any other meme (This is coming from a guy that hates the whole Darude - Sandstorm thing that went on for a while :urg:). Even with his current techniques and weapon, he wouldn't be that unique of a fighter (Except if they were to know how to utilize the Mad Taunt and other buffs he have).

While Fiora on the other hand
is arguably one of the main reasons why everyone went on the journey to begin with other than the fact that Metal Face and the others had attacked Colony 9. That is why you would eventually see her again halfway through the game and have her join your party after reminding her of the humanity that she used to have.

She has her drone system that allows her to attack with miniature machines, which seems much more interesting compared to anything that Reyn can do. Plus, she'll be a way of representing the Mechon side of Xenoblade, though Mumkhar/Metal Face might be a better option if he doesn't get promoted from his Stage Boss status. Sure there's Meila (who would have a better chance that her), but Sakurai's team might have some complications with her elemental abilities .

I've rest my case, but you can feel free to believe what's right. It would be suicide to viciously attack a mod in which a gentleman like myself wouldn't dare do. Now if I'm excused, I have some holiday preparations to take care of. :love:

Top Bottom