• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job #38: Sudowoodo

185.png

As soon as Sudowoodo appears out of the Pokeball, he will vanish in a cloud of smoke and 2-4 similar looking trees will randomly appear across the stage depending on its size. One of these trees is actually Sudowoodo and if you hit him, Sudowoodo will turn around and use Counter and fling back double the damage that was done to him. Sudowoodo is only affected by melee attacks and NOT projectiles. If any of the actual trees are attacked, they will simply be sliced in half and disappear. If all of the trees are cut down, Sudowoodo will turn to the camera to reveal himself and do a little jiggly dance before disappearing.

If rumble is turned on, the summoner's controller will rumble the closer they are to the real Sudowoodo which can let you play some funny mind games with your opponent(s).

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 38: Aipom

When summoned, a bunch of healing items will appear on the ground, regardless of whether items are on or not. Anyone can grab them, but Aipom will run around, pick them up, and bring them to their summoner. If someone else gets near Aipom he will slap them with his tail twice, referencing the move double slap.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just a quick question but who would Alph be? The person made a lot of alternate costumes that I didn’t catch until it was too late and they went above the 2 submission per character limit.
BDF6775C-B228-452A-8078-2CFFE4D99BA8.jpeg

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you. So yeah, I was pretty lenient with accepting over the limit but, once we get to Melee, I will be cracking down on this 2 limit - even if it means we don’t get them all filled up. It was my fault for not catching it and addressing it to the thread. It’s not a huge issue but something I wanted to bring it up.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Thank you. So yeah, I was pretty lenient with accepting over the limit but, once we get to Melee, I will be cracking down on this 2 limit - even if it means we don’t get them all filled up. It was my fault for not catching it and addressing it to the thread.
Yeah, sorry for taking over the entire alt, my perfectionist sense is tingling with how many holes that are left (especially for Falcon) and you bet my ass that I can't wait much longer because choosing alt is like my favorite pass time (but not really) due to how many possibilities there. You could say I'm a reference junkie.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, sorry for taking over the entire alt, my perfectionist sense is tingling with how many holes that are left (especially for Falcon) and you bet my ass that I can't wait much longer because choosing is alt is like my favorite pass time.
Gotcha. Just out of fairness and respect for the other participants, please just do 2 from now on. That way, when we vote, there’s not a chance that one person gets all of thier alts voted on. I’m trying to make it fair for everyone involved :)

Wait...I got some news for the thread...

Mr Sakurai sent me an email! I will paste the contents after looking at it but it seems important.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thank you. So yeah, I was pretty lenient with accepting over the limit but, once we get to Melee, I will be cracking down on this 2 limit - even if it means we don’t get them all filled up. It was my fault for not catching it and addressing it to the thread.
For Melee and onwards can I replace alts I’ve added? - for example if I added Focus Band Pichu and Ukulele Pichu, then I thought of adding Melee Backpack Pichu could I replace Ukulele with Backpack?

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Gotcha. Just out of fairness and respect for the other participants, please just do 2 from now on. That way, when we vote, there’s not a chance that one person gets all of thier alts voted on. I’m trying to make it fair for everyone involved :)
I mean I gladly accept some costume be replaced either my name or the costume entirely (but mostly the ones that I'm not proud of)

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 37: Ryo Sakazaki

Ryo Sakazaki is perhaps one of the most iconic fighters from Fatal Fury - perhaps even second or third to Terry. He would translate very well into an assist trophy, picture a mix of Knuckle Joe and Guile. He would attack using one of his iconic super special moves, Ryuuko Ranbu. He would rush you down dealing rapid fire punches before finishing you off with an uppercut. Many fighting game characters besides Ryu, Ken and Terry are represented through Mii costumes, but Guile and Akira are the only two fighting game assists (Spring Man too I guess?) and the potential is there for so much more.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
みなさん、お疲れ様でした。 あなたのすべての助けに感謝します。 それがなければ、このプロジェクトは成功しません。 E3以降のスケジュールについて、みんなに情報があります。

8月25日(水)、任天堂 Directは新ファイターを発表します。

10月12日(火)任天堂はも一つ新ファイターを発表します。

12月9日(金)Game AwardsShow は第三者団体の新ファイターを発表します。

2月24日(木)スマブラDirect 複数の新ファイターが明らかになります

よろしくお願いします。

桜井政博より

This is the message from Sakurai. I’m unable to figure out what he told us right now but could someone do that?

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
みなさん、お疲れ様でした。 あなたのすべての助けに感謝します。 それがなければ、このプロジェクトは成功しません。 E3以降のスケジュールについて、みんなに情報があります。

よろしくお願いします。

桜井政博より
time for Google translate

Last edited:

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet

よろしくお願いします。

桜井政博より

This is the message from Sakurai. I’m unable to figure out what he told us right now but could someone do that?
Translation:

Thank you for your work, everyone. Thank you for all your help. Without it, this project would not succeed. Everyone has information about the schedule after E3.

On Wednesday, August 25th, Nintendo Direct will announce a new fighter.

Tuesday, October 12th, Nintendo will announce another new fighter.

Friday, December 9th, the Game Awards Show will announce a new fighter from a third party.

Thursday, February 24th Smash Bros. Direct Several new fighters will be revealed

Thank you.

From Masahiro Sakurai

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Translation:

Thank you for your work, everyone. Thank you for all your help. Without it, this project would not succeed. Everyone has information about the schedule after E3.

On Wednesday, August 25th, Nintendo Direct will announce a new fighter.

Tuesday, October 12th, Nintendo will announce another new fighter.

Friday, December 9th, the Game Awards Show will announce a new fighter from a third party.

Thursday, February 24th Smash Bros. Direct Several new fighters will be revealed

Thank you.

From Masahiro Sakurai
Wait a minute! February 24th is next month! We gotta hurry!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I got this message today, on May 20th, and E3 where we will show off our content is on June 9th. So our next fighter will be revealed in an upcoming August Direct. I imagine he wants us to focus on this fighter next after E3.

Wait....what year is this?

Last edited:

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
I would like to join development.

I have several character suggestions, most of which I consider essential.
  • Tom Nook from Animal Crossing
  • Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country
  • Paper Mario
  • Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
Tom Nook is arguably more important for Animal Crossing than Villager or Isabelle. Villager is an avatar and Isabelle is a newbie favorite introduced in New Leaf. Tom Nook is a recognizable icon of the series. He is a loan shark that sells you your house in the games. A tanuki who is both cute and serves as a meme in the games. His moveset writes itself. Throwing bags of money, cutting opponents with mail cards, and placing furniture on the battlefield!

Dixie Kong is another necessary All Star. She originates from the second Donkey Kong Country game, being Diddy's girlfriend who serves as a playable character. In the third game, Diddy and DK are kidnapped so she has to rescue them all by herself! (alongside Kiddy of course) Then she returned DKC Tropical Freeze, which was ported to the Switch. She's an easy semi clone from Diddy, throwing bubblegum that players stick to on the battlefield and whirling around her ponytail!

Paper Mario is my third option. With Paper Mario: The Origami King released, this one is simply a must! I would base his moveset on the 64 and Gamecube games, as those actually provide the most unique gameplay for the character. Having a character who plays like an RPG opponent could be very unique.

Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is an iconic Zelda character. He's extremely creepy, and could even serve as the series' first horror character! Throwing Deku nuts, blowing darts, teleporting around, and potentially implementing a fear mechanic. I think his animations should be very shadowy and creepy to set him apart from the others characters.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Time travel!
Huzzuh!

Well, we now know when to expect that we will be working on newcomers. We will be working on the next new fighter within the next few weeks in order to get it ready for the Nintendo Direct. Plus, we do have to prepare contents for the Smash Direct as well.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Huzzuh!

Well, we now know when to expect that we will be working on newcomers. We will be working on the next new fighter within the next few weeks in order to get it ready for the Nintendo Direct. Plus, we do have to prepare contents for the Smash Direct as well.
Okay, so what's the catch for the newcomer?

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 38: Tyrannitar
:248:
The deadly Tyrannitar makes it’s mark as a Pokeball Pokémon and this Pokémon is ready to make the battle more intense.

It will use hyper beam, and any opponent hit by it will take 50% damage. But after it hits the opponent with a Hyper Beam, Tyrannitar will have a 10 second cool down, so it can recharge.

Tyrannitar will then launch rocks at it’s opponents, doing 25% damage and making the opponents slower for 10 seconds.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would like to join development.

I have several character suggestions, most of which I consider essential.
  • Tom Nook from Animal Crossing
  • Dixie Kong from Donkey Kong Country
  • Paper Mario
  • Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
Tom Nook is arguably more important for Animal Crossing than Villager or Isabelle. Villager is an avatar and Isabelle is a newbie favorite introduced in New Leaf. Tom Nook is a recognizable icon of the series. He is a loan shark that sells you your house in the games. A tanuki who is both cute and serves as a meme in the games. His moveset writes itself. Throwing bags of money, cutting opponents with mail cards, and placing furniture on the battlefield!

Dixie Kong is another necessary All Star. She originates from the second Donkey Kong Country game, being Diddy's girlfriend who serves as a playable character. In the third game, Diddy and DK are kidnapped so she has to rescue them all by herself! (alongside Kiddy of course) Then she returned DKC Tropical Freeze, which was ported to the Switch. She's an easy semi clone from Diddy, throwing bubblegum that players stick to on the battlefield and whirling around her ponytail!

Paper Mario is my third option. With Paper Mario: The Origami King released, this one is simply a must! I would base his moveset on the 64 and Gamecube games, as those actually provide the most unique gameplay for the character. Having a character who plays like an RPG opponent could be very unique.

Skull Kid from Majora's Mask is an iconic Zelda character. He's extremely creepy, and could even serve as the series' first horror character! Throwing Deku nuts, blowing darts, teleporting around, and potentially implementing a fear mechanic. I think his animations should be very shadowy and creepy to set him apart from the others characters.
Once we start submitting our newcomer candidates, please feel free to submit one of those choices :)

Job #37: Johto Pokemon

Spinarak is a dual Bug and Poison-type Pokémon. When summoned, it performs String Shot which will slow down the opponent’s movements or immobilize them altogether. If an opponent comes to close to it, it delivers a powerful Poison Sting which does damage plus accumulating poison damage for several seconds.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Got two character suggestions for the roster:
  • Poochy (Yoshi series)
  • Henry Stickmin (Henry Stickmin series)
Yoshi is the only franchise of the original 8 alongside F-Zero to not have 2nd reps since the first game for a long time, and having more animal fighters would be nice such as Poochy, Yoshi's dog friend. While there's not much moveset for him, he could use the Poochy Pups like the Pikmin, some kind of charging attack and couple of possible things.

Ever since the original Henry Stickmin's Breaking the Bank first came out in 2008 when Flash was still there, it has developed a franchise of new games and became pretty iconic and popular, gotten so popular with the remastered collection which came out last year. Henry would be pretty fun to see in Smash, he has so much moveset potential with the many tools he uses. (some which lead to fails.) And I think he would bring nostalgia for fans who played the classic flash games.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Johto Pokemon
Hitmontop

Hitmontop is a Fighting type and is one out of 3 final evolution of Tyrogue. His attack in Smash reflect his behavior and form of attack. SPINNING. When summoned from the Pokeball it will act like a spinning top and instead charge to the enemy using Rapid Spin and hit them 3 times using Triple Kick, he is however cannot jump on a platform and he has a big endlag everytime he changes direction which amplify his speed, making him lose control in which could resulted him slip off from the stage and never be seen again.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
CRASH BANDICOOT Spirit submissions are now open

Got two character suggestions for the roster:
  • Poochy (Yoshi series)
  • Henry Stickmin (Henry Stickmin series)
Yoshi is the only franchise of the original 8 alongside F-Zero to not have 2nd reps since the first game for a long time, and having more animal fighters would be nice such as Poochy, Yoshi's dog friend. While there's not much moveset for him, he could use the Poochy Pups like the Pikmin, some kind of charging attack and couple of possible things.

Ever since the original Henry Stickmin's Breaking the Bank first came out in 2008 when Flash was still there, it has developed a franchise of new games and became pretty iconic and popular, gotten so popular with the remastered collection which came out last year. Henry would be pretty fun to see in Smash, he has so much moveset potential with the many tools he uses. (some which lead to fails.) And I think he would bring nostalgia for fans who played the classic flash games.
As I mentioned earlier, please submit one of those characters when we hit our next newcomer section.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Spirit:

Name: Dr. Neo Cortex
Series: Crash Bandicoot
Fighter: :ultdoc:
Stage: Frigate Orpheon
Music: Dr. Neo Cortex (Boss Battle) (N. Sane Trilogy)
Class: Shield
Type: Ace
Ability: Rocket Belt equipped
Conditions: starts with Rocket Belt and Ray Gun

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mr. Crumb

Novice Class Primary
Stage: Luigi’s Mansion (references the location of 99x)
Song: Flat Zone (Melee) (references 99x being an LCD game, Melee in specific because of its more ominous tone)
Opponents: Mii Brawler (Butler outfit, Sans mask)
Rule: Foe avoids conflict, favours Neutral B (Shot Put) (References Mr. Crumb’s attack pattern in 99X, Shot Put added for difficulty balancing)

Iron Checkpoint Crate

Legend Class Support (Made of Metal)
Stage: Summit (references the crate being infamously hard to unlock due to the Gingerbread Joyride stage)
Song: Polar Pass
Opponents: Crash (x 5) (references the functionality of checkpoints)
Rules: fight one after the other, the first 3 are normal, the fourth has super armour, the fifth has super armour and temporary invincibility. (References the Aku Aku bonuses given upon repeated death in Crash platformers)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #38: Umbreon (Dark Type)
Umbreon would use two moves when summoned, Mean Look and Moonlight. When Summoned Umbreon will step into a battle ready stance, and its eyes will glow red while glaring as its rings light up. The opponent will then be stunned in place momentarily (ZSS neutral b effect) giving time to punish, but will deal any damage, referencing mean look in the mainline Pokemon games where it prevents the opponent from switching out. Then after the opponent is stunned Umbreon will look up into the sky and the moon will appear in the back ground. The summoner will be healed by 50% representing how moonlight heals 50% of a Pokemons hp in the mainline Pokemon games. Umbreon will function as essentially a less powerful version of Peach's final smash. I feel that Umbreon deserves a spot due to its ranking as the 1st most popular Johto Pokemon, and 5th most popular Pokemon overall in the 2020 google poll.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Spirit:
DingodileIAT.png

Name: Dingodile
Fighter: Brown :ultkrool: (Dingodile is half crocodile.)
Stage: Summit (Reference to where he was fought in Crash 3.)
Song: Either his theme from Warped or Twinsanity
Class: Attack
Type: Ace
Ability: Gust Bellows equipped
Conditions: Attack powers increase and foe starts with Gust Bellows.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Here is a spirit:

Spirit: The Evil Twins
Type: Primary Defense
Slots: 2
Ability: Trade-off Speed
Opponents: :ultfalco: :ultfalco:
Minions: Giant Metal :ultrob:
Stage: Norfair
Song: The Evil Twins
Conditions:
-Stamina Battle
-The enemy likes to jump ( :ultfalco: :ultfalco: )
-The enemy has super armor (:ultrob: )
-The enemy tends to avoid battle ( :ultfalco: :ultfalco: )
-The enemies Neutral special has increased damage (:ultrob: )

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Spirits
  1. Crash Bandicoot (Fighter Spirit)
  2. Crash Bandicoot (JP) (Fighter Spirit)
  3. Coco Bandicoot (Crash, :starman::starman:)
    • The enemy favors special moves
  4. Tawna Bandicoot (:ultpeach:, :starman:) -> Tawna (It's About Time) (:starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Grab
    • Ability: Energy-Shot Resist ↑
    • Stage: N, Sanity Beach
    • Music: The Time Twister
    • Match: Stock
      • The enemy tends to avoid conflict
  5. TNT Crate (:ultsteve:, :starman::starman:) -> Nitro Crate (:starman::starman::starman:)
    • Type: Support
    • Ability: Critical Hit ↑
    • Stage: Kongo Jungle
    • Music: Heavy Machinery, Castle Machinery
    • Match: Timed battle (0:30)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy favors down specials
  6. Papu Papu (:ultkingdedede:, :starman:)
    • Ability: Super Launch Star Equipped
    • Stage: Spiral Mountain
    • Music: TBA
    • Match: Stock (1)
      • The enemy favor down Smash attacks
  7. Ripper Roo (:ultgreninja:, :starman::starman:) -> Ripper Roo (Cortex Strikes Back) (:starman::starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Defense
    • Ability: Irreversible Controls
    • Stage: Great Cave Offensive (Battlefield)
    • Music: Evil Twins
    • Match: Stamina (80%)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy loves to jump
      • Fire/explosion attacks aren't as effective against the enemy
  8. Koala Kong (:ultdk:, :starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Weight ↑
    • Stage: Castle Siege (Final Phase)
    • Match: Stamina (100%)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy favors grabs and throws
  9. Pinstripe Potoroo (:ultfox:, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Super Scope Equipped
    • Stage: Midgard
    • Music: Dingodile
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy starts the battle with a Super Scope
      • The floor is electrified
  10. Dr. Nitrus Brio (:ultdoc::ultbowser::ultkirby:(x6), :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Transformation Duration ↑ ↑
    • Stage: Shadow Moses Island
    • Conditions:
      • Reinforcements appear after the enemy is defeated
  11. Komodo Bros. (:ultridley::ultcharizard:, :starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Attack
    • Ability: Killing Edge Equipped
    • Stage: Temple (Omega)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge
      • The enemy favors neutral specials
  12. Tiny Tiger (:ultincineroar:, :starman:) -> Tiny Tiger (WARPED) (:starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Stamina ↑
    • Stage: Colisseum
    • Match: Stamina (120%)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy favors up specials
  13. Dr. Nefarious Tropy (:ultmewtwo:, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Primary/Grab
    • Ability: Time Stop Immunity
    • Stage: Fourside
    • Match: Time (3:00)
    • Conditions:
      • Item: Timer
      • Hostile Assist Trophies (Shadow)
  14. Dr. N. Gin (:ultrob:, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Bomber Equipped
    • Stage: Mario Galaxy
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy is giant
  15. Aku Aku (Crash, :starman::starman::starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Neutral
    • Ability: Critical Immunity
    • Stage: N. Sanity Island
    • Music: Main Theme (Crash Bandicoot)
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy starts the battle invincible
      • The enemy's movement speed is increased
      • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash
  16. Uka Uka (Crash, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Critical-Health Stats ↑ ↑
    • Stage: Dracula’s Castle
    • Match: Stamina (150%)
    • Conditions:
      • You lose if your CPU ally (Crash) is defeated
      • All fighters will suddenly have a Final Smash
  17. Nitrous Oxide (:ultmewtwo:, :starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Move Speed ↑
    • Stage: Mario Circuit
    • Match: Timed (2:00)
      • Conditions;
        The enemy's movement speed is increased
  18. Crunch Bandicoot (:ultrobin:, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • The floor is lava
    • Dangerously high winds are in effect
    • Periodic earthquakes will shake the stage
  19. Nina Cortex (:ultjoker:, :starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Shield
    • Ability; None
    • Stage: Kalos Pokémon League
    • Match: Stamina (120%)
    • Conditions:
  20. Lani-Loli (:ultluigi:, :starman::starman:)
    • Ability: Floaty Jumps
    • Stage: N. Sanity Beach
    • Music: Title theme/Map/N. Sanity Island
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy will suddenly turn invisible after a while
  21. Akano (:ultmetaknight:, :starman::starman:)
    • Ability: None
    • Stage: Find Mii
    • Conditions:
      • The enemy falls slowly
  22. Kapuna-Wa (:ultbayonetta:, :starman::starman::starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Grab
    • Ability: Shield Durability ↑
    • Stage: Momentos
    • Music: Polar Pass
    • Conditions:
      • Item: Timer
      • The enemy favors down specials
      • Hostile Assist Trophies (Shadow)
      • The floor is frozen
  23. Ika-Ika (:ultrosalina:, :starman:)
    • Type: Primary/Shield