• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
  1. Isaac
  2. Chibi-Robo
  3. Nintendog/Cat
Start with a big request like Isaac, a small surprise with Chibi-Robo and end with the weird and wacky pick that surprises literally everyone.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Votes go to...
1. Dillon
2. Chibi-Robo
3. Ray MK II

Dillon is a cowboy, and I like me a cowboy.

with Cheebs-ey-roboto, I hope with him we can get a good inside house stage. Plus, robots are cool beans.

robots are still cool beans.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
the first submission round had been completed! The current submissions are:
  1. Isaac from Golden Sun Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
  2. Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western CheeseAnton CheeseAnton CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
  3. Takamaru from Mysterious Marusame Castle Speed Weed Speed Weed Speed Weed Speed Weed
  4. Chibi Robo from Chibi-Robo Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
  5. Ray MK II from Custom Robo WarioJim WarioJim WarioJim WarioJim
  6. Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment SmasherMaster SmasherMaster SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
  7. Nintendog/Nintencat from Nintendogs Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Thus starts off our voting period! Anyone can vote for which character they want to see be included into the roster! You can vote for your submission as well.

Please pick three characters who you want to see be included. Each pick gets three points and the pick with the most points within a 24 hour’ush time frame is the winner.

Here are my picks:

1. Isaac from Golden Sun
2. Saki from Sin & Punishment
3. Takanari from Mysterious Castle Marusane
I'd go with Chibi Robo, Isaac, and Dillon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Excellent! We will keep things open for a little bit before closing the voting. If we get a tie, we will do a tie breaker. From there, we can start working on fleshing our the character plus one additional job we will be working on.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve counted all of the tallies and it seems Isaac and Chibi-Robo are tied. Feel free to also tally on your own to ensure my tallies are correct. If we have a tie, we will do a tie breaker.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So then, how shall we do the tie-breaker?
I will leave it open for a few more hours to bring in anymore votes. This was a good trial period to better fine tune the voting process. If it’s still one, I have how to do it planned itt

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Just tallied. If I'm not mistaken, Issac is just ahead of Chibi, 13-11
Runner ups are Saki and Ray but its not even close

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Just tallied. If I'm not mistaken, Issac is just ahead of Chibi, 13-11
Runner ups are Saki and Ray but its not even close
Thanks for the tally! I’m going to keep it open for a little bit more to allow for some extra votes to come in.Also, please remember that a character that wasn’t chosen doesn’t mean that they won’t appear again. Think of it as the development phase and one character’s development taking priority over another.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, the tallies are in:

1. Isaac from Golden Sun: 14
  2. Chibi-Robo from Chibi Robo: 11
  3. Saki Amamiya from Sin & Punishment: 8
  4. Takamaru from Mysterious Castle Marusame: 6
  5. Ray MK II from Custom Robo: 6
  6. Dillon from Dillon’s Rolling Western: 5
  7. Nintendog/Nintencat from Nintendogs: 3
The first character we will include is the wielder of Venus Psyenergy, Isaac from Golden Sun! He first appeared in Brawl as an assist trophy and reappeared in Ultimate as an assist trophy yet again as well as a Mii Fighter costume. Isaac will be the first charqcter to be introduced in the Smash Ultimate Sequel at E3! There is a chance we may look at these submissions on a later date so please keep that in mind!

So, here’s what comes next....

Job #1: Gameplay & Moveset Proposal For Isaac

This section is less about voting and more so about discussion. We will separate this section into four different subsections:
  1. Gameplay (mechanics, gimmicks, stats)
  2. Specials
  3. Final Smash
  4. Misc. (palette, taunts, victory screens, classic mode, etc)
Once each section is finished, we will move to the next one. Please be respectful of others opinions, no flaming, and try to reach a peaceful consensus as we are a team trying to bring a character to life. In order to move the project along, we will spend a week on a single character before something is automatically filled in. As I said, this is more so about discussion so feel free to go at length about the character and how Isaac could play. If you don’t know much about the character and Golden Sun, please don’t let that hold you back. I personally have never played the series but that never stopped me from getting to know it. So, let’s start discussing what Isaac’s gameplay would be like!

Job #2: A New Assist Trophy from Any Series; First or Third Party

We will include our first Assist Trophy charqcter and this character can be from any series; first or third party. It can be from a series already in Smash or a series that has yet to be represented in any form. Please note that this will disqualify them for being included as a newcomer submission in the future.
  • Please detail how the character/element would function
  • Why they should be included
  • Please no past Assist Trophies
If you intend to include content for Isaac in a post as well as submit an Assisy Trophy, please seperate your post by using:

Job 1

Isaac is a sword fighter

Job 2

I want Beetlejuice as an Assist trophy

Job #3: How many newcomers should there be at launch?

There is a new poll that is on the main post that will run for three days and asks “How many newcomers at launch?” The poll fiends run from 5 to 20. Please let us know so we can play accordingly!

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Assist Trophy Developer Suggestion: Aegis from Persona 3

She's faster than Captain Falcon, somewhat light weight, can get knocked out, and can jump really high.
She can fire projectiles in every direction, following the current position of enemies. She can even summon her Persona, Athena, to do some attacks (like spear jabs).
The main gimmick with her being that after 3/4 of her time allowed assist trophying, the last half is used in Orgia Mode. This basically makes a faster and stronger Aegis all around.

As to why Aegis, it's a confirmed fact that Sakurai is a persona fan, and if this is indeed a sequel (it is) then now's the perfect time for him to add an assist trophy for Persona. Aegis should be it because she's popular, the only likable mascot character, and has enough of an arsenal to be a great assist.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I might as well as pitch Isaac gameplay.

To me, Issac would be a mid-weight character that’s about the size of Pit. He would have some of the strongest defenses for one of the roster’s swordsman with an incredibly durable shield (then takes in an earthen tone). Plenty of his attacks have superarmor and his Specials would focus on this defensive aspect. However, his defenses would crumple when caught in between them. This meaning he is weak to being launched and juggling. He boasts high defense but, when gets caught without them, he is in a world of hurt.

My questions to the thread is:
  • Does a defensive style benefit Isaac?
  • How can his Venus Psyenergy br included in his mechanics? Appearances? Visuals?
  • Any gimmicks he could have?
  • Would he have a durability mechanic like Robin it MP Gauge like Hero?

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Assist Trophy Suggestion: Buzz Bomber from the Sonic the Hedgehog series

Buzz Bomber would be a pretty simplistic assist trophy, when spwaned, they would fly around the stage horizontally, shooting off small projectiles from their "stingers", they can also fly off the screen, if they do they fly out the other side a little bit higher.
If KO'd, they will explode and one of the animals from the Sonic series will pop out and quickly flee the stage

As for why they should be included, they are one of the most iconic enemies in the Sonic series, and their inclusion would give some love to the various robots in the series, an aspect that has been ignored even by spirits, and in the event Knuckles or Shadow are promoted the Buzz Bomber would be a suitable replacement, especially since they're not a character people want to see playable, meaning no one would be upset over their inclusion as an assist

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Assist Trophy Suggestion: Creeper (Minecraft)
Creeper_JE2_BE1.png
When summoned, the Creeper will walk around til it's near someone other than the person who summoned. After which, it will hiss, then explode. Be warned, despite not targeting them, the person who summoned it can still be harmed by the explosion.

Like most assists, it can be defeated with enough damage. That being said, don't try using electric based attacks on it, or it'll become a Charged Creeper. In this state, it'll be powered up with a much bigger and deadlier explosion upon detonation.

As for why Creeper specifically, I just think it's such an iconic video game enemy. Dare I say it, it's more synonymous with Minecraft than even Steve. This just feels like a no-brainer assist to me, a character that doesn't have priority and/or much to work off for a full fledged fighter, but notable enough that I think they should be represented in some form.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Guess I'll pitch in on this too:

Job 1 (answering each one of Venus' questions respectively)
1. I mean, I guess that playstyle works, I can dig it
2. I think Isaac should pull out the Venus Psynergy for his grabs (in this case, using the giant Psynergy hand), smash attacks and specials, with the neutral attack and tilts being regular sword slashing
3. I'm struggling to think of any gimmicks he could have, and I don't think he really needs one either
4. More or less the same deal: I think we're better off just making him a standard fighter, relying on the visual flair and conceptual novelty of his moves to stand out

Job 2:

Assist Trophy Suggestion: Cranky Kong from
Donkey Kong Country
Cranky_Kong,_DK_Jungle_Climber.png

Cranky Kong would act like this installment's new "joke assist", serving more or less the same purpose as Mr. Resetti in Brawl: he just sits back on his chair, filling up the screen rambling on and on about kids these days and all their newfangled technologies and the good old days where your main character was made up of a few pixels and your mission wasn't anything more than "get the girl".

I chose him because he's a beloved and recognizable character in the DK mythos, with the added bonus of filling in the shoes of a long-gone previous assist who had a unique and entertaining function

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Job 1
IDK the first thing about Golden Sun, other than Issac is a sword user who also has elemental and hand powers (this is knowledge I have purely from SSF2), so let me get back to you on that after I do some research like I did for Chibi.
Job 2
Dang, someone beat me to the punch for Creeper. Ah well, I have a few more ideas anyways.
Assist Trophy suggestion-Bokoblin

Making their debut back in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, these guys will just try and get in the way of Link's adventure. In BotW (which is where they take their Smash appearance), they'll fire bows, throw rocks, bunch, swing weapons of any size, and just generally use anything they can to attack Link-but in their free time, they sing, dance, sleep, cook, eat, hunt, hijack horses, and terrorize the locals.
In Smash, they'll spawn in groups of three from the Assist Trophy. One of them will have a club, one will have a bow and arrows, and the other will have a shield. They move independently but work as a team, and hitting one does damage to all of them. The clubbed one does the most damage and knockback, the archer can attack from a distance, and the shield user will protect his allies and fight with his bare hands if he needs to.

Bokoblins are easily one of the most recognizable Zelda enemies thanks to Breath of the Wild's popularity. While they aren't as recurring as their elder brothers, the Moblins, they are filled with twice as much personality and would be a great addition to compliment Link's new BotW look. That's why I think they deserve to be in Smash.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Assist Trophy Suggestion: Futaba Sakura (Persona 5)
Futaba Sakura (Phantom Thief).png
Being a supporting party member in her game, Futaba would support the fighter who summoned her, as well as that summoner's allies.

She would appear on the battlefield for a bit before summoning her Persona, Necronomicon. She would then use her ability Active Support to buff all of the summoner's (and allies') stats, as well as heal them bit by bit. Because she disappears right after summoning her Persona, she cannot be K.O.'d.

If she is summoned by :ultjoker: and he uses his Final Smash, the cutscene that plays would then transition to Futaba using her All-Out Attack from Persona 5 Royal where she drops a bomb that fizzles for a bit before exploding.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
In terms of the gimmick he could have, Fire Emblem characters had counters inspired by the turn based nature of their games (save for two of them). Hero has not only Command Selection but also Critical Hits. Maybe Issac could have a leveling system, where he gets XP from attacking and being attacked. At a certain point, he levels up and can buff all his stats slightly. It could cap out at a certain level, and after being KO'd it resets.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Job #2: Jessica Albert (Dragon Quest)

First debuting in Dragon Quest VIII, Jessica is one of three companions that accompany Eight and King Trode in their effort to stop Dhoulmagus and rescue Trodain from his curse. Headstrong and witty yet somewhat blunt and snobbish, her motivation for joining the party is to avenge Alistar, her brother who fell at the hands of Dhoulmagus. Jessica is the team's main mage, specializing in fire and ice spells such as Frizz, Sizz, and Crack. She supplements her magical mayhem in combat with whips, knives, and her... uh... feminine charms. Jessica has become a fan favourite in home series and defining piece of Dragon Quest VIII's iconography, being playable in all entries of the Itadaki Street and Dragon Quest Heroes sub-series and having minor cameos in Dragon Quest IX and XI.

Fun fact: Eight's voice actor in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Yuki Kaji, is married to Jessica's voice actress, Ayana Taketatsu!

As an assist trophy, Jessica function similarly to the likes of Knuckles, Alucard, and Zero, being an offensive presence that travels around the stage and attacks opponents in direct combat. She'd be relatively quick on the ground but would travel a low distance when jumping to offset this. Much like many other aggressive assist trophies, players can attack Jessica to make her flinch and, after taking enough damage, K.O. her for an extra point in a free-for-all.

Jessica can let out one of four attacks:
  • Whiplash: Jessica lets out at the ground in front of her. This attack has the range of about Marth's F-Tilt, is somewhat slow, and deals a relatively low amount of damage, but it has reasonably high vertical knockback and deals significant damage to shields
  • Serpent's Bite: Jessica's whip transforms into a snake and is launched forward with impressive speed. Comparable to the Belmonts' F-Smash, albeit with slightly less range at the advantage of having a faster startup and dealing consistent damage throughout the entire strike.
  • Sexy Beam: Jessica puts away her whip, puts her together to form a finger gun, and shoots a large, heart-shaped projectile at an opponent. While the projectile is somewhat slow-moving, it is powerful and will paralyze opponents upon contact.
  • Kacrackle: Jessica's final attack before going away, she summons four icicles above her (two to her left and two to her right) and drops them down on her opponents. These projectiles move fast, deal high vertical knockback, and freeze upon impact. Thin characters can dodge this attack by standing between the icicles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom