• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job #23

Cammy White

Cammy | Details

Cammy White was first introduced in Super Street Fighter II, the fourth arcade version of Street Fighter II. The second female fighter in the series, she was at one time a deadly clone assassin that was working for Shadaloo before breaking free and becoming an MI6 operative for the British government. She would be a Mii Brawler costume.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #23:
Kazuhira Miller

SSBU_spirit_Kazuhira_Miller.png

Debuting in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Kazuhira 'Kaz' Miller is Big Boss' second in command on the Militaires sans Frontieres, and later the Diamond Dogs. He's pretty much the deuteragonist in the Big Boss half of Metal Gear, serving a similar role to Otacon for Snake. His Mii Costume would be based on his outfit from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and he would be a Swordfighter using his cane in place of a sword.

I picked Kaz because he's a great character, with an interesting personality and character arc, so since there's no way he becomes a fighter it would be neat to have him on the battlefield in some manner. Plus trenchcoats and berets are cool.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 23

LOKI

Loki is from Bayonetta 2 and appears throughout that game and is even playable briefly in the main game and in the multiplayer
While he is not a super popular character, he is still a part of Bayonetta 2, and Bayonetta could use a Mii costume

He would be a Brawler

P.S. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom if it isn't too much trouble I would like to be added to the dev partner list.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job #23:
Kazuhira Miller

View attachment 299386

Debuting in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Kazuhira 'Kaz' Miller is Big Boss' second in command on the Militaires sans Frontieres, and later the Diamond Dogs. He's pretty much the deuteragonist in the Big Boss half of Metal Gear, serving a similar role to Otacon for Snake. His Mii Costume would be based on his outfit from Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and he would be a Swordfighter using his cane in place of a sword.

I picked Kaz because he's a great character, with an interesting personality and character arc, so since there's no way he becomes a fighter it would be neat to have him on the battlefield in some manner. Plus trenchcoats and berets are cool.
**** you this is the best idea I've ever seen in any job on this thread

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made an offhand mention of a discord server, here's an invite. I've never run a discord server before, so it might be a bit rough.
The purpose of the server is not to replace this thread. My idea for it is for it to be where debate and discussion goes, as well as an easy archive of everything

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I made an offhand mention of a discord server, here's an invite. I've never run a discord server before, so it might be a bit rough.
The purpose of the server is not to replace this thread. My idea for it is for it to be where debate and discussion goes, as well as an easy archive of everything
Haha, I made one earlier but I forgot to post the link lol. I like yours better anyways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m not considered part of the “developer partners” but would it be okay if I added a song for both series? (I have added anything yet)

Also, the official title for Star Dream Soul OS is ‘Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection’, most songs have official OST titles, so I’d recommend checking them before adding the song to the list.
I've done this now, for reference my song choices are 'The Golden Sun Rises' for Golden Sun, and 'Friends and the Sound of Those Crossing Blades' for Kirby.

I also did some research into the official names of the choices for the Kirby Songs because this sort of thing is important to me apparently:
*The Boss theme in Kirby's Return to Dreamland is called 'White Hot! Boss Battle'
*Hyness' Hooded and Unhooded themes are titled are called 'Puppet Offering' and 'La Follia d'amore' respectively
*'Dirt & Beauty' is an unofficial name, the actual name of the song is 'Sullied Grace'
*The Triple Deluxe version of Masked Dedede's Theme is called 'Dedede's Royal Payback'
*'Dried-up Sea' is the official name!
*'Song of Supplication' is only for Francisca and Flamberge, Zan Partizan has 'Forgotizanne Flash Lightning'
*As mentioned in the quoted post, Star Dream Soul OS is ‘Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection’
*Galacta Knight's Theme is 'Warrior from Another World'
*'Friends and the Sound of Those Crossing Blades' is right because I added it :)

I did this by checking the titles for the songs on the official albums, (which I found VGMdb), with uploads of the songs on YouTube with the same name.

Here's links to the album entries on VGMdb for reference:
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Star Allies

and a link to a playlist of music from Kirby's Return to Dreamland with the music titled properly because really annoying to find.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll try to fix those when we add the music in but if I can’t get to it, I would greatly appreciate anyone fixing the titles.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
Bandana Dee Moveset Concept

General Details:
The fierce and friendly spear-wielding warrior from Dream Land joins the battle!
While his trusty spear would serve as his primary weapon, Bandana Dee would also have some moves inspired by the parasol, staff, and Megaton Punch abilities.
Attributes such as his weight and speed would closely relate to a character like Kirby or Meta Knight; therefore, to compensate for this proposed weakness, some moves/attacks from his arsenal will have additional functions and structures which can be utilized to deal more damage than normal.

Jab - Spear Poke
Bandana Dee delivers a simple, straight-forward poke with his spear with little damage and knockback.

Rapid Jab - Multi-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of forward spear jabs before ending with one powerful thrust, the "Pinpoint Thrust", which deals the most damage along with additional knockback.

Up-Tilt - Parasol Unfurl
Bandana Dee quickly raises his (closed) parasol directly into the air before unfurling it to finish the attack, spraying tiny water droplets outwards as an additional effect.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the parasol would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around. His run speed and weight are not affected.
  • Walking off ledges would cause him to descend more slowly, while mimicking the descent animation for Parasol Kirby/Waddle Dee.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the parasol from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to lightly juggle opponents.
  • Pressing any other button while the parasol is over Bandana Dee's head will cause him to release the parasol before performing the specified move.
  • Bandana Dee may only have one standard parasol on-screen at any time, so this move can't be repeated until a used parasol is out of sight.

Side-Tilt - Dual-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee quickly jabs to the side twice, with the first jab delivered at a slightly upwards angle, and the second jab delivered at a slightly downwards angle. Each jab comes out at a consistent length, and this move can still be aimed in a specific sideways direction.

Down-Tilt - Slide
Bandana Dee extends his feet while sliding forward in a common and classic fashion, knocking opponents upward in the process.
If this move hits a shield or an object, Bandana Dee will flip backwards for a short distance.

Up-Smash - Chumbrella Unfurl
Bandana Dee raises a (closed) Chumbrella over his head before unfurling it to finish the attack, spraying water droplets outwards an an additional effect.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the Chumbrella would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around.
  • Walking off ledges would cause him to descend more slowly, while mimicking the descent animation for Parasol Kirby/Waddle Dee.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the Chumbrella from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to juggle opponents.
  • The ascent of a Chumbrella would be slightly slower than that of a parasol, to accommodate for its increased size in comparison.
  • Pressing any other button while the Chumbrella is over Bandana Dee's head will cause him to release the Chumbrella (with additional end-lag) before performing the specified move.
  • The star on the Chumbrella provides a tipper effect (before unfurling) to accompany its increased size and length in comparison to the parasol.
  • The Chumbrella is smaller in comparison to its size in Kirby Star Allies, only being about twice the size of a standard parasol.
Side Smash - Spear Thrust
Bandana Dee sends out a single, powerful forward thrust with his spear, dealing exceptionally great damage and knockback.
  • While charging this move, Bandana Dee would wind back while twirling the spear in his hand, dealing small bits of additional damage to nearby opponents before completing the attack.
  • This move also has a tipper effect on the spearhead.

Down Smash - Super Megaton Punch
Bandana Dee swiftly punches the ground below him, affecting a defined radius around the area of impact.
  • Opponents struck by the punch itself would be instantly buried and susceptible to follow-up attacks.
  • A pillar of rock will erupt from the ground on both sides of Bandana Dee, launching nearby opponents straight upwards if caught in the eruption.
  • These pillars of rock will also shield Bandana Dee from sudden attacks (physical or projectile) on either side of him for a short period of time.
  • By holding the attack button, Bandana Dee would refrain from leaving his position even after the move was fully completed, remaining idle with his fist against the ground and the pillars still standing. He'd be unable to move, but he would still be protected by the pillars. Once the button is released, Bandana Dee would get up from the attack and the pillars would instantly break.
  • The pillars can be instantly destroyed by strong attacks or eventually destroyed through gradual damage, exposing Bandana Dee while putting the pillars on a cooldown timer, allowing them to only respawn after a certain period of time had passed.

Neutral Air - Windmill Spear Twirl
Bandana Dee twirls his spear in front of him like a front-facing windmill, dealing multiple bits of damage at a time.

Up Air - Skyward Thrust
Bandana Dee strikes the air above him with his spear, dealing more damage and knockback if the spearhead's tip strikes the opponent.

Forward Air - Triple-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee quickly stabs the air three times to the side with his spear, with the last stab producing more damage and knockback than the first two stabs.

Down Air - Moon Drop
Bandana Dee descends moderately fast while striking downwards with his spear, along with the ability to multi-hit opponents before finishing the attack with a meteor effect.

Back Air - Waddle Kick
Bandana Dee delivers a swift and strong kick backwards with high power and knockback.

Grab
Bandana Dee uses his left hand to grab opponents.

Pummel
Bandana Dee rapidly jabs his opponent with his spear, dealing multiple bits of damage at a time.

Forward Throw - Spear Sweep
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before grinding them against the ground and sweeping them away, dealing great damage and knockback.

Up Throw - Circus Throw
Bandana Dee uses his parasol to twirl and tumble his opponent around before tossing them into the air, dealing good damage and knockback.

Back Throw - Spear Suplex
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before hauling them backwards and over his head until they crash onto the ground behind him, dealing excellent damage and knockback.

Down Throw - Waddle Slam
Bandana Dee throws his opponent onto the ground before jumping up and dropping a punch onto them, dealing good damage and knockback.

Dash Attack - Gale Thrust
Bandana Dee glides through the air for a short distance with his spear stretched out in front of him, striking opponents with a single strong hit.

Neutral Special - Waddle Spear Throw
Bandana Dee throws a single spear which travels a fair distance at a consistent angle, stopping only once it has struck a surface or an opponent.
  • Charging the move would allow Bandana Dee to perform “Waddle Triple Throw”, granting him three spears to throw instead of one. The spears would travel different distances at different angles while dealing the same amount of damage.
  • Spears temporarily stick to general surfaces for a certain period of time, allowing them to be picked up and thrown again by any player.
  • If Bandana Dee holds a spear in his hand, he would automatically throw two spears with “Waddle Spear Throw” and the charge for “Waddle Triple Throw” would be shortened.

Side Special - Aqua Drill
Bandana Dee charges up his parasol to release a ball of water which travels a certain distance with the ability to briefly stun opponents.
  • The size and stun power of the water ball depends on the length of charge.
  • A short charge produces a small water ball, which travels a short distance with low stun power.
  • A medium charge produces a standard size water ball, which travels a moderate distance with average stun power.
  • A long charge produces a larger water ball, which travels a long distance with high stun power.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to use a combination of moves in a set order as follows:

Parasol Drill

- Activated after pressing the “B” button again at any time while "Aqua Drill" is active.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to rush forward while twirling an open parasol in front of him, dealing multiple hits of damage while traveling a fair distance.

Parasol Spin
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to suddenly spin his parasol 360 degrees around him, dealing a single strong hit of damage with good knockback.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Twirl
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick DOWNWARDS.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to twirl his parasol underneath him, dealing multiple hits of damage with low knockback.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Scoop
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick UPWARDS.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to sweep his parasol into the sky at an arc before doing a forward flip while slamming the parasol against the ground, dealing damage with high knockback.
  • Stops "Parasol Drill".

Up Special - Waddle Copter
Bandana Dee takes to the skies as he twirls his spear over his head like a helicopter blade, causing him to ascend for a period of time before eventually descending slowly.
  • Opponents caught in the ascension would be lightly juggled.
  • Unlike the iteration of this move in the Kirby series, Bandana Dee doesn't need to charge this move up at the expense of not being able to stop the move once it has been activated.
  • However, Bandana Dee may activate “Spinning Spear” (by pressing “B” while “Waddle Copter” is activated), which releases the spinning spear out of his hands and sends him into freefall. The spear would continue spinning upwards, dealing damage before eventually disappearing.

Down Special - Ground Thrust
Bandana Dee rushes forward with his spear against the ground, before flicking it upwards to finish the move after he has traveled a certain distance.
  • If an opponent comes in contact with this move they will be caught, forcing them to take multiple hits of damage until the move ends. (akin to Ridley's Side Special, for reference).
  • If used in the air, “Ground Thrust” becomes “Air Thrust”.
  • “Air Thrust” causes Bandana Dee to rush forward through the air more quickly than “Ground Thrust” on the ground, while traveling for a slightly shorter amount of time.
  • Striking an opponent with “Air Thrust” automatically activates “Spear Vault”, sending the spear and his opponent downwards via a meteor effect.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to perform other moves with additional inputs as follows:

Spear Vault

- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee simply launches himself into the air while leaving his spear behind on the ground.
  • Opponents caught in “Ground Thrust” will be instantly buried once this move is activated, causing them to be susceptible to follow-up attacks.
  • Pressing any button while this move is in motion will cancel the vault as Bandana Dee switches to that specified move.

Unrelenting Spear
- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Spear Vault”.
  • Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of thrusts in front of him, ending with one powerful thrust with high knockback.
  • While it defaults to a downwards angle of attack, this move can still be aimed by setting any direction with the left stick while holding “B”.
  • If any other button is pressed during “Spear Vault”, this move couldn’t be activated even if Bandana Dee is still airborne.
  • This move would be canceled if any other button is pressed while the move is still activated.

Spinning Spear Strike
- Activated by pushing upwards on the left stick during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee launches forward at an angle, spinning his spear around his body before slamming it down to finish after traveling a certain distance.
  • Opponents caught in "Ground Thrust" would then take multiple hits of damage during the spin cycle, and one stronger hit from the slam; which would then send them flying due to the high knockback.
  • This move cannot be cancelled.

Reverse Thrust
- Activated by pushing the left stick in the opposite direction of movement during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee quickly shifts directions before traveling at a faster speed in that direction, but only for a shorter distance before the move is completed.
  • This input may only be done once.

These inputs may be combined to perform combos.

For example:
Ground Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault
Or
Ground Thrust -> Reverse Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault -> Unrelenting Spear

- Inputs would have to be timed correctly in order for certain combos to be performed.
  • “Spear Vault” may only combo into “Unrelenting Spear”
  • “Air Thrust” may only combo as “Spear Vault” -> “Unrelenting Spear”.

Final Smash - Ultra Megaton Punch (Cinematic)

Bandana Dee summons a boulder-sized Waddle Dee ball which slams into opponents within range, sending them to the Megaton Punch Arena.
A flurry of spears strike the opponents from the air, before Bandana Dee is then seen falling from the sky with a flaming fist, eventually striking down on his opponents with immense force. The camera then pans back into space, revealing that Pop Star was almost completely cracked in half as a result of the punch, thus ending the cutscene.

Here are my ideas for alts if I'm also allowed to squeeze them in:

• Waddle Doo (Red Bandana w/ Large Eyeball)
  • Sailor Waddle Dee (White & Blue Bandana)
  • Parasol Waddle Dee (Parasol-Themed Bandana)
  • Gold Waddle Dee (Golden Color w/ Sapphire-Colored Bandana)
  • Green Bandana Dee (w/ Dark-Green Bandana)
  • Cyan Bandana Dee (w/ White Bandana)
  • Key Dee (Identical Color Scheme w/ Gold Bandana + Light-Blue Star)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing the Mii Fighter submissions within the next few hours and will be included in the above poll. Bandana Dee submissions will close in about 10 hours (Saturday morning EST) and will be held in the typical format

Double-checking Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , if we make a character a Mii Costume, are they deconfirmed or can we make them a fighter later on?
For now, yes. We can always take a vote to see if this will be a thread rule though in the future.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not a Bandee fan or even a big Kirby fan but I cooked this up because I thought it could strengthen my set-making skills. Also it was fun to make.
Similarly to Issac, I'd prefer he be a Brawl-like newcomer-no gimmick or special mechanics to speak of.
MOVESET: BANDANA WADDLE DEE
Normals

Jab: Multispear Attack. After punching twice, he does a rapid jab where Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forwards really fast before finishing with the Pinpoint Thrust. He also has a 1-2-3 jab, where he ends with a kick to the face. The rapid jab is extremely well ranged but not too powerful. Does 14%.

Down tilt: Bandana Dee bends down and twirls his spear on the ground in front of him. It's a very fast move that lasts a while. It doesn't KO but it is very good for attacking opponents hanging on ledge or during their 2-frame ledgegrab. Does 4%.

Forward tilt: Spear Thrust. It's quick and strong, dealing 11% at the tip and 8% at the base. Kills around 120% at the ledge. It can also be angled. This move is pretty safe on shield at the tip unless parried.

Up tilt: Skyward thrust. Bandana Dee thrusts the spear upwards. Does 13% at the tip, and 7% on the handle. Bandana Dee himself does not have a hitbox so missing this can be fatal. But it is extremely strong at the tip, killing at around 110%. It's pretty fast for startup but has atrocious endlag.

Dash Attack: Bandana Dee runs his spear along the ground for a bit, dealing low damage and low set knockback that goes slightly above the spear. This is because the second part of the move has him scoop the spear back up, which knocks the opponent above him. This can combo into up air, up b, nair, or up tilt. (though with up b, you may have to jump first at certain percents, and with up tilt it won't combo for too too long). The move stops comboing into anything around 60%. After that it's a last-resort kill option, KO'ing around 170%.

Smashes

Forward Smash: I coin the term Super Multispear for this one. He stabs his spear forwards extremely fast, this time faster, stronger, and with a more determined expression, before one final stab to end it. This one takes a while to start up but the reward is a move that does 21% and kills at 90% at the ledge-not bad for a light character such as Bandee! However the individual rapid attacks only do a small amount of damage, meaning it can be heavy armored or Tough Guy'd for the first part. The endlag isn't as bad as the startup but still leaves you open to be punished.

Up Smash: Rainy Day. Bandana Dee faces the camera and holds his parasol in front of him, which is currently closed. When the parasol opens, it does 16% and kills at around 130%. That's not all, though, as water splashes out of the parasol as well! This deals 8% and does OK knockback, enough to prevent you from being open to attacks when their hitstun ends.

Down Smash: He Hits The Ground. Bandana Dee hits the ground in front of him, causing a small earthquake around him. This move makes the screen itself shake!-but it's not just for show, as the earthquake he creates is visible from a crack in the ground that is formed around his fist, which promptly disappears. This is the move's hitbox-but the further you are from the crack (which is about two Kirby's long), the less damage and knockback it will do (15% at the base, 12% in the middle, 8% at the tip). This move also breaks shields at the base. At the tip it can be used to attack shields safely. KO's at 130% at the ledge (base), 140% at the ledge (middle), and 160% at the tip.

Specials

Neutral B: Spear Throw. When activated, Bandana Dee will immedeatly hold his spear in a throwing stance. While still holding B, you can make Dee walk side to side, dash to make him turn around, and aim the spear so it has a different trajectory-the controls are very similar to that of the Cracker Launcher. When thrown, the spear will travel at the speed of Ganondorf's dash, and when it lands, it will do 9.5% with decent knockback at a low downwards angle. It cannot kill onstage, but it can KO offstage if the Bandana Dee player can manage to aim well enough.
Ah, but there's a catch! A spear caught on the opponent will stay on them, increasing their weight and making them a bit slower. However their gravity, fall speed, air speed, and recovery moves are all unaffected. Only one can be stuck on them at a time.
There's more, though! If a spear is unsuccesful and hits the stage, it will point straight up with its tip in the ground and its base in the air, and stay there for ten seconds (unless it is knocked away, which I will explain now). It doesn't do damage but rather acts as a PAC-MAN hydrant without the windboxes. This spear has 5% health, also making it much less of a tank than the hydrant. When all of the damage has been taken, the spear will fly off in the direction it was sent, not affected by gravity, at the great speed of an inhaled Gordo-and when hit, the player takes 11% damage (this can be Bandee or the opponent).
And, only two spears can be in play at once-if Bandana Dee tries to bring out a third, he'll just nod his head low with a tired expression. Poor guy!
If B is pressed and then shield, Bandana Dee will not only cancel the move with his shield, but he will also drop a spear right in front of him. How resourceful! However, pressing B and then down will cancel it sans spear drop.
This a great move to keep your opponent on their toes. You can even combine it with Side B to have more than two spears out at once. It may also be a good idea to drop a spear, and then immediately launch it with a low-hitting move to have a super-fast projectile move!

Down B: Counter Splash. Bandana Dee enters a defensive stance by opening his parasol in front of him, facing the camera. If he is hit from either side, he will turn to the opponent and spin his umbrella at them, splashing them with water. However, this is not a hurtbox, but a windbox. It's a very strong one too-not as strong as a fully charged FLUDD, but almost. If this attack misses, Bandana Dee will do a similar animation to when he can't throw a spear, but this time more vulnerable, letting his opponents get a free hit if they are close enough.

Side B: Waddle Spear Barrage. Bandana Dee will throw out a ton of spears all in one direction-specifically four. He can't influence the direction of these, as it's purely random, though they will all go about the same trajectory, just slightly differently. He can't move himself unless he is in the air. If he is in the air, he can glide from side to side very slowly. These spears do not stay in the ground or do as much damage as the neutral B spears. Each spear does about 6% with lower-than-average knockback. Both the startup and the endlag are quite favorable for Bandee. This can be a great move for edgeguarding or just keeping your opponent busy dodging spears.

Up B: Waddle Copter. There's probably a bunch of other people above me making a better Waddle Copter move than I ever could, so I'll sit this one out.

Aerials

Neutral air: Bandana Dee will spin his spear around him, very similarly to Byleth's nair. It's a pretty good combo tool, however it lacks in killing. It does 10% with the full attack and can be combo'd out of a down throw. It sends at a high angle low knockback, whcih means he can also combo this move into a side b or a forward air. He can even do a dragdown nair into a normal like dash attack or jab.

Back air: Back Thrust. Bandana Dee pokes his spear behind him. As always, this does more damage and knockback at the tip (14%, medium angle, high knockback) than the base (9%, medium angle, half-decent knockback). Kills around 70% offstage (tip).

Down air: Bandana Dee holds his spear high above his head, then stabs it down hard in a slow-but-brutal spike move.The tip is a very strong spike that does 16%, and contrary to his other moves, the base doesn't have a hitbox.

Forward air: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward. It's the same as his back air, except forwards, and weaker (12% medium angle mid-high knockback tip and 7% low-angled, half-decent knockback. Kills around 90% offstage (tip).

Up air: Skyward Thrust. Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upward-but that's not all! As after that, he opens up the parasol at the end, which also does some knockback and damage (albeit not great-up angled, low knockback, 7%). Afterwards, Dee will float down with the Parasol, and you can move him left and right, with about the same control as Lucas' freefall. This can be canceled at any time with an attack or simply pushing down. The actual spear part is very strong, with high knockback and 14% damage.

Throws

Down throw: This is your combo throw. Bandana Dee throws his opponent down and spins his parasol on them, dealing 7%. It sends at an angle perfect for a nair or forward air.

Up throw: Bandana Dee throws the opponent up and stabs them with his spear, dealing 11%. While this is mainly for damage building and killing at around 140%, it can combo into up air and up b at very low percents.

Back throw: Bandana Dee does a suplex with his opponent that is identical to Kirby's. It deals 8% and doesn't have any combo potential, even at low percents, so it is mainly used for positioning and getting your opponent offstage.

Forward throw: Bandana Dee holds his opponent in front of him and winds up a powerful punch. This does 9% and strong medium-angle knockback. It kills around 130% at ledge.

AND that's the end! Sorry for any errors or lack of enough detail on some moves, I'm writing this late so I can get it in before I sleep.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee raises a (closed) Chumbrella over his head before unfurling it to finish the attack, spraying water droplets outwards an an additional effect.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the Chumbrella would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the Chumbrella from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to juggle opponents.
  • The ascent of a Chumbrella would be slightly slower than that of a parasol, to accommodate for its increased size in comparison.
  • Pressing any other button while the Chumbrella is over Bandana Dee's head will cause him to release the Chumbrella (with additional end-lag) before performing the specified move.
  • The star on the Chumbrella provides a tipper effect (before unfurling) to accompany its increased size and length in comparison to the parasol.
  • The Chumbrella is smaller in comparison to its size in Kirby Star Allies, only being about twice the size of a standard parasol.
I really do consider this a clever and appropriate up smash. I have not seen Bandana Waddle Dee in action, but this move simply sounds right.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Fighter Outfit submissions are now closed. The poll is now up so please vote for your top 3!

Also,
FBFD889C-7595-454A-81C8-CC216C3E2FFC.jpeg

We will be including the top 2 items so Fan and Cracker Launcher will be making a return!

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I went ahead and added Macho of Dedede (Buff Dedede Theme) to the Castle Dedede song list. I already added Warrior from Another World (Galacta Knight's Theme), so I don't mean to take two song slots, but there was only one spot left and I wanted to make sure BowserKing BowserKing got his song in, because he put it in a post but not the google doc.

I would also like to be added as a development partner Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Hello, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom . Been quite the lurker on this thread for the past few days, I would love to see this project through till the end with you guys as well. Would you mind adding me as a Developer Partner too? Thanks in advance!

As to what pertains the music selection, I've added "Fighting on Deck" from "Golden Sun: The Lost Age" to the tracks for the Venus Lighthouse. I'd be down to add some more after everyone has gotten their chance first to add the tracks they want.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my entire moveset that I did for Bandana Dee a while ago. Keep in mind, there are some areas here that others have probably beat me to:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.
Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.
Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
  • King Dedede (Yellow/Red; wears the Spear ability hat)
  • Meta Knight (Purple; wears the Waddle Dee’s sailor hat from Meta Knight’s Revenge)
  • Gooey and Kirby (Blue with a pink bandana)
  • Landia (Red with a Master Crown look-alike)
  • Magolor (Cyan; wears Magolor’s hat)
  • Galacta Knight (Pink with white face)
  • Whispy Woods (Green; wears the Leaf ability hat)
Walk: His walk from the modern Kirby games.
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.
Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.
Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, since he can't fly, his height slightly decreases with each jump.
Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Capture Beam; Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam diagonally upwards in his direction (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target onto the ground (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Power Effect
; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (21%, medium knockback); when used on the ground, the player has complete control of Bandana Dee’s flight, in which he can go in all 8 directions.
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; Bandana Dee punches up to two targets in front of him (8%), and the targets are into a cutscene where Bandana Dee jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground as he falls back down. The punch is so strong, it creates a fissure in the ground (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements
  • Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
  • Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
  • Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
  • Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
  • Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little
Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, loosely mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.
Icon: Kirby series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Helper to Hero
Victory Music: youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU
Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.
Alright, here's my moveset. It's largely based on an old one I made, but I added a couple little touchups. The up aerial, in particular, is based off of a moveset JCKirbs JCKirbs posted in RTC, though it was for the up tilt and not the up aerial.

Bandana Waddle Dee is a relatively simple character, keeping in line with Kirby's easy, casual gameplay. Much like how Kirby is a beginner-friendly character in general, Bandana Dee is a beginner-friendly zoner. He's fairly mobile, with decent speed both on the ground and in the air. He fights with his trusty spear, which sometimes doubles up as a parasol. As a result, he has decently long disjoints, which makes him stand out from the other small characters, who mostly fight at close range. However, he suffers from being light and easy to launch, and his range is balanced by his so-so damage output.

Attributes:
While Bandana Dee lacks any real gimmicks, he does have a handful of noteworthy attributes.
  • Much like Marth's Falchion, Bandana Dee's spear has a sweetspot at the end.
  • Bandana Dee's parasol attacks (Up smash, up aerial, and down special) can reflect projectiles.
  • Bandana Dee has access to a back tilt as well as a forward tilt, based on his Back Thrust attack.
Normals
  • Jab - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward twice.
    • Flurry Attack - Bandana Dee rapidly stabs forward, finishing with a final thrust.
  • Forward Tilt - Bandana Dee jabs his spear forward twice. Resembles Joker's side tilt, but with a spear. A good poking tool.
  • Back Tilt (Back Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him. Deals less damage, but has the longest range of all his ground attacks.
  • Up Tilt (Skyward Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards. A quick anti-air tool, it can also be used to get enemies up in the air, like Sephiroth's up tilt.
  • Down Tilt - A slide kick.
  • Dash Attack - Bandana Dee lunges forward and thrusts his spear. Laggy, but one of his strongest ground moves.
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash - Bandana Dee twirls his spear, then stabs forward.
  • Up Smash - Bandana Dee unfurls his parasol. As mentioned above, this attack covers his head and acts as a barrier, blocking attacks and reflecting projectiles.
  • Down Smash - Bandana Dee spins his spear around himself on the ground. Covers a decent area around him, but the spear's low width makes it hard to hit opponents that aren't grounded.
Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial - Bandana Dee twirls his spear around himself like a fan. Resembles Pit's neutral aerial.
  • Forward Aerial - Bandana Dee swings his spear in front of him. Resembles Byleth's forward aerial.
  • Back Aerial - Bandana Dee rears his spear forward, then smashes the opponent with the blunt end. While slow, it is one of his strongest attacks..
  • Up Aerial (Parasol)- Bandana Dee jabs his parasol above his head. While weak on it's own, this move has some unique attributes and utilities.
    • Holding the button causes him to unfurl the parasol, slowing his descent and granting him great aerial mobility. The parasol also has a weak hitbox; Due to the extremely minor knockback, this move can be used to stunlock enemies and rack up some serious damage. For the sake of balancing, Bandana Dee is sent into freefall after using this move.
    • In addition, releasing the button causes Bandana Dee to let go of the parasol, causing it to fly up. If an opponent touches it, they will take minor damage and be carried upwards, much like Mega Man's up aerial. Do note that the parasol flies up faster than the knockback it deals, so it'll eventually go through the opponent and leave them, so they won't be carried into the blast zone unless really close to it.
  • Down Air (Moon Drop) - A falling stab. While the move can meteor smash, the small hitbox makes it rather tricky to pull off, especially when it's sending Bandana Dee hurling into the blast zone when used off-stage.
Throws
  • Grab - Bandana Dee reaches out and grabs the opponent.
  • Pummel - Bandana Dee sharply jabs the opponent with his spear.
  • Forward Throw - Bandana Dee throws the opponent like a javelin. The thrown opponent can deal damage to the other fighters it hits.
  • Back Throw - A back drop. Resembles Kirby's back throw.
  • Up Throw (Circus Throw) - Bandana Dee juggles the opponent above his head with his parasol, then tosses them upwards.
  • Down Throw (Megaton Punch) - Bandana Dee jumps up and punches the opponent. Buries opponents.
Specials
  • Neutral Special (Spear Throw) - Bandana Dee throws his spear like a javelin. Charging it will increase the power, distance amount of spears thrown, maxing out at three.
  • Side Special (Parasol Drill) - Bandana Dee rushes forward, holding his parasol in front of him. The parasol will reflect projectiles, making it a great move for defense and approaches.
  • Up Special (Waddle Copter) - Bandana Dee spins his spear above his head, propelling him into the air. Can be charged to increase distance. After entering freefall, he slowly spins the spear above his head, dealing light damage to whoever touches it.
  • Down Special (Ground Spear) - Bandana Dee stabs his spear into the ground, then rushes forward, finishing by swinging the spear out of the ground. Pressing the attack button in the middle of the move causes him to transition into a pole vault.
    • Crescent Swing - Using this move in the air causes Bandana Dee to swing his spear in an arc above his head. resembles Byleth's aerial side special.
  • Final Smash (Waddle Dee Army) - Bandana Dee calls forth an army of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and various other Kirby enemies to assault the stage. Effectively the same as Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl, though with a bit more enemy variety.
Bandana Waddle Dee Moveset Concept
I envision Bandana Waddle Dee as a character with the floatiness of Kirby and the disjoints of a swordfighter. He would primarily wield his trusty spear, but also whip out his parasol from Battle Royale, and a few other tricks. His spear attacks would have a sweetspot on the blade, but the hitboxes would tend to be pretty narrow, making it difficult to hit jumping opponents (ducking opponents wouldn't be much of an issue with how short Bandana Dee is).
His general strengths would lie in his good recovery and his ability to space out opponents. His weaknesses would be his light weight and somewhat low speed of movement and attacking.
  • Normals
    • Neutral attack: Spear Thrust
      • Bandana Dee swings his spear forward, then unleashes a barrage of stabs for a rapid jab that ends with a single lunge forward.
    • Forward tilt: Pinpoint Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear as far forward as he can muster. Better range than other spear attacks.
    • Up tilt: Skyward Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight above himself.
    • Down tilt: Slide
      • Bandana Dee slides forward with his foot out, much like Cloud/Min Min/etc.
    • Dash attack: Ground Thrust
      • Bandana Dee plunges his spear into the ground in front of himself, then slides forward. Slightly laggy for a dash attack, but can knock opponents upward.
  • Smash Attacks
    • Forward smash: Gale Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward with enough power to carry himself forward a short distance.
    • Up smash
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol above his head and opens it. Doesn't reach far, but covers almost the entire space just above Dee's head.
    • Down smash
      • Bandana Dee scrapes his spear on the ground around himself, making two rotations. His weakest smash attack, but it can knock foes upward.
  • Aerials
    • Neutral aerial: Windmill
      • Bandana Dee flips upside down and twirls his spear below himself. More powerful below Bandana Dee than on his sides, and cannot attack upward.
    • Forward aerial: Multispear Thrust
      • Bandana Dee quickly thrusts forwards multiple times. Each thrust has a different angle, making the attack hit a wider space than others.
    • Back aerial: Back Thrust
      • Bandana Dee spins around in the air and thrusts his spear straight forward.
    • Up aerial: Parasol Drift
      • Bandana Dee opens his parasol above his head, decreasing his fall speed until he takes another action. This attack only deals damage when the parasol is initially opened.
    • Down aerial: Moon Drop
      • Bandana Dee spins in midair before dropping downwards spear first. Carries opponents along.
  • Grab & Throws
    • All of Bandana Waddle Dee's throws are based on the Parasol ability's "Circus Throw" attack, where one balances the victim on top of the opened parasol before using it to fling them in whatever direction.
    • The exception is the down throw, which is instead based on the Parasol Twirl attack: Bandana Dee jumps up and drills the parasol into his opponent.
    • Dee's throws are not his strong suit; they don't serve well as kill throws and aren't the most reliable for combos.
  • Special Attacks
    • Neutral special: Parasol Swing
      • Bandana Dee swings his parasol forward. The attack itself isn't very strong, but it's faster than most of his other attacks, and the parasol can block attacks/negate projectiles. In addition, if B is held, Bandana Dee will hold the parasol out in front of himself after the swing and can move around with it (though he can't dash or midair jump). Bandana Dee cannot turn while holding the parasol; it must stay in the direction the attack was initially made until the parasol is put away. After the swing animation is complete, contact with the parasol will not deal damage.
    • Side special: Waddle Spear Throw
      • Bandana Dee throws his spear forwards. Charging the attack allows three spears to be thrown at once (Waddle Triple Throw). In midair, the attack can be performed rapidly, though with lower damage (Waddle Spear Barrage). The spears pierce through opponents, but only deal damage once per opponent.
    • Up special: Waddle Copter
      • Bandana Dee leaps upward and spins his spear above his head, causing him to rise upward for a time before slowly descending (during the descent, the spear’s attack speed and damage is decreased). Similar to K. Rool's Propellerpack, but it can be charged to increase the height of the initial leap and allows for greater horizontal movement at the cost of the ascent being a bit slower.
    • Down special: Beam Whip
      • Bandana Dee swings his spear from high to low as an electric aura covers the tip (resembling the Zap effect from Star Allies), swinging a long-range electric whip off of it. This attack is rather slow, but it reaches far and can hit high above him at the start (and even below him slightly at the very end). The beam can drag opponents along.
  • Final Smash: Bandana Star Blaster
    • Based on the Buddy Star Blaster from Kirby Fighters 2 (which in turn was based on the Star Allies Sparkler from Star Allies). Bandana Dee signals towards the screen, and an orange-and-blue version of the Buddy Star Blaster flies from the foreground to the background in front of him. Any opponents hit by it are caught in a version of the Buddy Star Blaster cinematic (with Bandana Dee manning the Bandana Star Blaster alone).
Bandana Waddle Dee Moveset

Specials:

Down B: Element Change
Why am I starting with Down B you ask? Well because it's how you use BWD's gimmick!
Pressing Down B will let you choose an element to give to his spear. either fire, ice or electric, giving different effects for all of his attacks that use his spear

fire gives it burn damage, ice can freeze and electric makes it so electricity shoots off from the spear giving it an expanded hitbox

This is merely temporary, however when it runs out you can use Down B again immediately, only thing is activating the element isn't instant, and you are forced to stand in place making you vulnerable.

Neutral B: Waddle Spear Throw
He throws a spear in an arc, it's relatively easy to avoid and doesn't have overly great knockback but does quite a lot of damage, holding the button down makes it so he throws 3.

Side B: Aqua Shot
Bandana Dee swings his Parasol foward releasing a large bubble of water, the parasol does decent damage but has a little bit of endlag, and the bubble only does knockback.

Up B: Waddlecopter
Bandana Dee shoots up and spins his spear like a helicopter, slowly decending down, holding down the button will cause bandana dee to go higher. While in the air his spear will damage anyone who touches it

Normals:

Jab/Multijab:
Bandana Dee thrusts his spear foward, then unleashes a flurry of jabs with his spear before finishing with a powerful thrust

Foward Tilt:
Bandana Dee rushes his spear forward along the ground, it has slow startup but has great range

Up Tilt:
Bandana Dee swings his parasol above his head. doesn't do much damage but has good knockback

Down Tilt:
Bandana Dee twirls the parasol underneath him, heavily damaging anyone that comes into contact with him but doing little knockback

Dash Attack:
Bandana Dee dashes forward at a high speed while twirling the parasol in front of him. this does good knockback but not too much percent

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash:
Bandana Dee swings his Parasol in front of him, doing good damage and knockback

Up Smash:
Bandana Dee thrust his spear upwards, does great damage but has a little endlag

Down Smash:
Bandana Dee holds his spear in front of him and spins in a circle. hitting anyone on either side of him, it's quite ranged as well

Aerials:

Neutral Air:
Bandana Dee twirls his spear, hitting anyone who comes into contact with him

Foward Air:
Bandana Dee thrust his spear in a foward arc, as if he is about to throw it.

Back Air:
Bandana Dee pokes his (closed) parasol backwards, this does quite a lot of knockback

Up Air:
Bandana Dee pokes his parasol upwards before opening it.

Down Air:
Bandana Dee does a short spin and drops downwards towards the ground with his spear extended downwards, of course referencing the moondrop

Final Smash:

Megaton Punch:

Bandana Dee charges with his spear extended, if he hits anyone they're transported to a cinematic Final Smash where they land on a slab of stone in the megaton punch arena, Bandana Dee then jumps and punches the slab, (and you by extension) splitting it in half, the camera then zooms out to show planet popstar splitting in half, dealing massive damage.
Bandana Dee Moveset Concept

General Details:
The fierce and friendly spear-wielding warrior from Dream Land joins the battle!
While his trusty spear would serve as his primary weapon, Bandana Dee would also have some moves inspired by the parasol, staff, and Megaton Punch abilities.
Attributes such as his weight and speed would closely relate to a character like Kirby or Meta Knight; therefore, to compensate for this proposed weakness, some moves/attacks from his arsenal will have additional functions and structures which can be utilized to deal more damage than normal.

Jab - Spear Poke
Bandana Dee delivers a simple, straight-forward poke with his spear with little damage and knockback.

Rapid Jab - Multi-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of forward spear jabs before ending with one powerful thrust, the "Pinpoint Thrust", which deals the most damage along with additional knockback.

Up-Tilt - Parasol Unfurl
Bandana Dee quickly raises his (closed) parasol directly into the air before unfurling it to finish the attack, spraying tiny water droplets outwards as an additional effect.
  • As a bonus, by holding the attack button, the parasol would remain held above Bandana Dee’s head. This provides him with increased protection from airborne attacks while rendering him free to move around. His run speed and weight are not affected.
  • Once the attack button is released, Bandana Dee would release the parasol from his hands, allowing it to float upwards and deal additional damage while encasing the ability to lightly juggle opponents.
  • Pressing any other button while the parasol is over Bandana Dee's head will cause him to release the parasol before performing the specified move.
  • Bandana Dee may only have one standard parasol on-screen at any time, so this move can't be repeated until a used parasol is out of sight.

Side-Tilt - Dual-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee quickly jabs to the side twice, with the first jab delivered at a slightly upwards angle, and the second jab delivered at a slightly downwards angle. Each jab comes out at a consistent length, and this move can still be aimed in a specific sideways direction.

Down-Tilt - Slide
Bandana Dee extends his feet while sliding forward in a common and classic fashion, knocking opponents upward in the process.
If this move hits a shield or an object, Bandana Dee will flip backwards for a short distance.

Side Smash - Spear Thrust
Bandana Dee sends out a single, powerful forward thrust with his spear, dealing exceptionally great damage and knockback.
  • While charging this move, Bandana Dee would wind back while twirling the spear in his hand, dealing small bits of additional damage to nearby opponents before completing the attack.
  • This move also has a tipper effect on the spearhead.

Down Smash - Super Megaton Punch
Bandana Dee swiftly punches the ground below him, affecting a defined radius around the area of impact.
  • Opponents struck by the punch itself would be instantly buried and susceptible to follow-up attacks.
  • A pillar of rock will erupt from the ground on both sides of Bandana Dee, launching nearby opponents straight upwards if caught in the eruption.
  • These pillars of rock will also shield Bandana Dee from sudden attacks (physical or projectile) on either side of him for a short period of time.
  • By holding the attack button, Bandana Dee would refrain from leaving his position even after the move was fully completed, remaining idle with his fist against the ground and the pillars still standing. He'd be unable to move, but he would still be protected by the pillars. Once the button is released, Bandana Dee would get up from the attack and the pillars would instantly break.
  • The pillars can be instantly destroyed by strong attacks or eventually destroyed through gradual damage, exposing Bandana Dee while putting the pillars on a cooldown timer, allowing them to only respawn after a certain period of time had passed.

Neutral Air - Windmill Spear Twirl
Bandana Dee twirls his spear in front of him like a front-facing windmill, dealing multiple bits of damage at a time.

Up Air - Skyward Thrust
Bandana Dee strikes the air above him with his spear, dealing more damage and knockback if the spearhead's tip strikes the opponent.

Forward Air - Triple-Spear Attack
Bandana Dee quickly stabs the air three times to the side with his spear, with the last stab producing more damage and knockback than the first two stabs.

Down Air - Moon Drop
Bandana Dee descends moderately fast while striking downwards with his spear, along with the ability to multi-hit opponents before finishing the attack with a meteor effect.

Back Air - Waddle Kick
Bandana Dee delivers a swift and strong kick backwards with high power and knockback.

Grab
Bandana Dee uses his left hand to grab opponents.

Pummel
Bandana Dee rapidly jabs his opponent with his spear, dealing multiple bits of damage at a time.

Forward Throw - Spear Sweep
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before grinding them against the ground and sweeping them away, dealing great damage and knockback.

Up Throw - Circus Throw
Bandana Dee uses his parasol to twirl and tumble his opponent around before tossing them into the air, dealing good damage and knockback.

Back Throw - Spear Suplex
Bandana Dee pushes his spear into his opponent before hauling them backwards and over his head until they crash onto the ground behind him, dealing excellent damage and knockback.

Down Throw - Waddle Slam
Bandana Dee throws his opponent onto the ground before jumping up and dropping a punch onto them, dealing good damage and knockback.

Dash Attack - Gale Thrust
Bandana Dee glides through the air for a short distance with his spear stretched out in front of him, striking opponents with a single strong hit.

Neutral Special - Waddle Spear Throw
Bandana Dee throws a single spear which travels a fair distance at a consistent angle, stopping only once it has struck a surface or an opponent.
  • Charging the move would allow Bandana Dee to perform “Waddle Triple Throw”, granting him three spears to throw instead of one. The spears would travel different distances at different angles while dealing the same amount of damage.
  • Spears temporarily stick to general surfaces for a certain period of time, allowing them to be picked up and thrown again by any player.
  • If Bandana Dee holds a spear in his hand, he would automatically throw two spears with “Waddle Spear Throw” and the charge for “Waddle Triple Throw” would be shortened.

Side Special - Aqua Drill
Bandana Dee charges up his parasol to release a ball of water which travels a certain distance with the ability to briefly stun opponents.
  • The size and stun power of the water ball depends on the length of charge.
  • A short charge produces a small water ball, which travels a short distance with low stun power.
  • A medium charge produces a standard size water ball, which travels a moderate distance with average stun power.
  • A long charge produces a larger water ball, which travels a long distance with high stun power.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to use a combination of moves in a set order as follows:

Parasol Drill

- Activated after pressing the “B” button again at any time while "Aqua Drill" is active.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to rush forward while twirling an open parasol in front of him, dealing multiple hits of damage while traveling a fair distance.

Parasol Spin
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to suddenly spin his parasol 360 degrees around him, dealing a single strong hit of damage with good knockback.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Twirl
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick DOWNWARDS.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to twirl his parasol underneath him, dealing multiple hits of damage with low knockback.
  • Stops “Parasol Drill”.

Parasol Scoop
- Activated after holding the “B” button once “Parasol Drill” is activated AND pushing the left stick UPWARDS.
  • Causes Bandana Dee to sweep his parasol into the sky at an arc before doing a forward flip while slamming the parasol against the ground, dealing damage with high knockback.
  • Stops "Parasol Drill".

Up Special - Waddle Copter
Bandana Dee takes to the skies as he twirls his spear over his head like a helicopter blade, causing him to ascend for a period of time before eventually descending slowly.
  • Opponents caught in the ascension would be lightly juggled.
  • Unlike the iteration of this move in the Kirby series, Bandana Dee doesn't need to charge this move up at the expense of not being able to stop the move once it has been activated.
  • However, Bandana Dee may activate “Spinning Spear” (by pressing “B” while “Waddle Copter” is activated), which releases the spinning spear out of his hands and sends him into freefall. The spear would continue spinning upwards, dealing damage before eventually disappearing.

Down Special - Ground Thrust
Bandana Dee rushes forward with his spear against the ground, before flicking it upwards to finish the move after he has traveled a certain distance.
  • If an opponent comes in contact with this move they will be caught, forcing them to take multiple hits of damage until the move ends. (akin to Ridley's Side Special, for reference).
  • If used in the air, “Ground Thrust” becomes “Air Thrust”.
  • “Air Thrust” causes Bandana Dee to rush forward through the air more quickly than “Ground Thrust” on the ground, while traveling for a slightly shorter amount of time.
  • Striking an opponent with “Air Thrust” automatically activates “Spear Vault”, sending the spear and his opponent downwards via a meteor effect.

This move also allows Bandana Dee to perform other moves with additional inputs as follows:

Spear Vault

- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee simply launches himself into the air while leaving his spear behind on the ground.
  • Opponents caught in “Ground Thrust” will be instantly buried once this move is activated, causing them to be susceptible to follow-up attacks.
  • Pressing any button while this move is in motion will cancel the vault as Bandana Dee switches to that specified move.

Unrelenting Spear
- Activated by pressing the “B” button during “Spear Vault”.
  • Bandana Dee unleashes a flurry of thrusts in front of him, ending with one powerful thrust with high knockback.
  • While it defaults to a downwards angle of attack, this move can still be aimed by setting any direction with the left stick while holding “B”.
  • If any other button is pressed during “Spear Vault”, this move couldn’t be activated even if Bandana Dee is still airborne.
  • This move would be canceled if any other button is pressed while the move is still activated.

Spinning Spear Strike
- Activated by pushing upwards on the left stick during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee launches forward at an angle, spinning his spear around his body before slamming it down to finish after traveling a certain distance.
  • Opponents caught in "Ground Thrust" would then take multiple hits of damage during the spin cycle, and one stronger hit from the slam; which would then send them flying due to the high knockback.
  • This move cannot be cancelled.

Reverse Thrust
- Activated by pushing the left stick in the opposite direction of movement during “Ground Thrust”.
  • Bandana Dee quickly shifts directions before traveling at a faster speed in that direction, but only for a shorter distance before the move is completed.
  • This input may only be done once.

These inputs may be combined to perform combos.

For example:
Ground Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault
Or
Ground Thrust -> Reverse Thrust -> Spinning Spear Strike -> Spear Vault -> Unrelenting Spear

- Inputs would have to be timed correctly in order for certain combos to be performed.
  • “Spear Vault” may only combo into “Unrelenting Spear”
  • “Air Thrust” may only combo as “Spear Vault” -> “Unrelenting Spear”.

Final Smash - Ultra Megaton Punch (Cinematic)

Bandana Dee summons a boulder-sized Waddle Dee ball which slams into opponents within range, sending them to the Megaton Punch Arena.
A flurry of spears strike the opponents from the air, before Bandana Dee is then seen falling from the sky with a flaming fist, eventually striking down on his opponents with immense force. The camera then pans back into space, revealing that Pop Star was almost completely cracked in half as a result of the punch, thus ending the cutscene.

Here are my ideas for alts if I'm also allowed to squeeze them in:

• Waddle Doo (Red Bandana w/ Large Eyeball)
  • Sailor Waddle Dee (White & Blue Bandana)
  • Parasol Waddle Dee (Parasol-Themed Bandana)
  • Gold Waddle Dee (Golden Color w/ Sapphire-Colored Bandana)
  • Green Bandana Dee (w/ Dark-Green Bandana)
  • Cyan Bandana Dee (w/ White Bandana)
  • Key Dee (Identical Color Scheme w/ Gold Bandana + Light-Blue Star)
I'm not a Bandee fan or even a big Kirby fan but I cooked this up because I thought it could strengthen my set-making skills. Also it was fun to make.
Similarly to Issac, I'd prefer he be a Brawl-like newcomer-no gimmick or special mechanics to speak of.
MOVESET: BANDANA WADDLE DEE
Normals

Jab: Multispear Attack. After punching twice, he does a rapid jab where Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forwards really fast before finishing with the Pinpoint Thrust. He also has a 1-2-3 jab, where he ends with a kick to the face. The rapid jab is extremely well ranged but not too powerful. Does 14%.

Down tilt: Bandana Dee bends down and twirls his spear on the ground in front of him. It's a very fast move that lasts a while. It doesn't KO but it is very good for attacking opponents hanging on ledge or during their 2-frame ledgegrab. Does 4%.

Forward tilt: Spear Thrust. It's quick and strong, dealing 11% at the tip and 8% at the base. Kills around 120% at the ledge. It can also be angled. This move is pretty safe on shield at the tip unless parried.

Up tilt: Skyward thrust. Bandana Dee thrusts the spear upwards. Does 13% at the tip, and 7% on the handle. Bandana Dee himself does not have a hitbox so missing this can be fatal. But it is extremely strong at the tip, killing at around 110%. It's pretty fast for startup but has atrocious endlag.

Dash Attack: Bandana Dee runs his spear along the ground for a bit, dealing low damage and low set knockback that goes slightly above the spear. This is because the second part of the move has him scoop the spear back up, which knocks the opponent above him. This can combo into up air, up b, nair, or up tilt. (though with up b, you may have to jump first at certain percents, and with up tilt it won't combo for too too long). The move stops comboing into anything around 60%. After that it's a last-resort kill option, KO'ing around 170%.

Smashes

Forward Smash: I coin the term Super Multispear for this one. He stabs his spear forwards extremely fast, this time faster, stronger, and with a more determined expression, before one final stab to end it. This one takes a while to start up but the reward is a move that does 21% and kills at 90% at the ledge-not bad for a light character such as Bandee! However the individual rapid attacks only do a small amount of damage, meaning it can be heavy armored or Tough Guy'd for the first part. The endlag isn't as bad as the startup but still leaves you open to be punished.

Up Smash: Rainy Day. Bandana Dee faces the camera and holds his parasol in front of him, which is currently closed. When the parasol opens, it does 16% and kills at around 130%. That's not all, though, as water splashes out of the parasol as well! This deals 8% and does OK knockback, enough to prevent you from being open to attacks when their hitstun ends.

Down Smash: He Hits The Ground. Bandana Dee hits the ground in front of him, causing a small earthquake around him. This move makes the screen itself shake!-but it's not just for show, as the earthquake he creates is visible from a crack in the ground that is formed around his fist, which promptly disappears. This is the move's hitbox-but the further you are from the crack (which is about two Kirby's long), the less damage and knockback it will do (15% at the base, 12% in the middle, 8% at the tip). This move also breaks shields at the base. At the tip it can be used to attack shields safely. KO's at 130% at the ledge (base), 140% at the ledge (middle), and 160% at the tip.

Specials

Neutral B: Spear Throw. When activated, Bandana Dee will immedeatly hold his spear in a throwing stance. While still holding B, you can make Dee walk side to side, dash to make him turn around, and aim the spear so it has a different trajectory-the controls are very similar to that of the Cracker Launcher. When thrown, the spear will travel at the speed of Ganondorf's dash, and when it lands, it will do 9.5% with decent knockback at a low downwards angle. It cannot kill onstage, but it can KO offstage if the Bandana Dee player can manage to aim well enough.
Ah, but there's a catch! A spear caught on the opponent will stay on them, increasing their weight and making them a bit slower. However their gravity, fall speed, air speed, and recovery moves are all unaffected. Only one can be stuck on them at a time.
There's more, though! If a spear is unsuccesful and hits the stage, it will point straight up with its tip in the ground and its base in the air, and stay there for ten seconds (unless it is knocked away, which I will explain now). It doesn't do damage but rather acts as a PAC-MAN hydrant without the windboxes. This spear has 5% health, also making it much less of a tank than the hydrant. When all of the damage has been taken, the spear will fly off in the direction it was sent, not affected by gravity, at the great speed of an inhaled Gordo-and when hit, the player takes 11% damage (this can be Bandee or the opponent).
And, only two spears can be in play at once-if Bandana Dee tries to bring out a third, he'll just nod his head low with a tired expression. Poor guy!
If B is pressed and then shield, Bandana Dee will not only cancel the move with his shield, but he will also drop a spear right in front of him. How resourceful! However, pressing B and then down will cancel it sans spear drop.
This a great move to keep your opponent on their toes. You can even combine it with Side B to have more than two spears out at once. It may also be a good idea to drop a spear, and then immediately launch it with a low-hitting move to have a super-fast projectile move!

Down B: Counter Splash. Bandana Dee enters a defensive stance by opening his parasol in front of him, facing the camera. If he is hit from either side, he will turn to the opponent and spin his umbrella at them, splashing them with water. However, this is not a hurtbox, but a windbox. It's a very strong one too-not as strong as a fully charged FLUDD, but almost. If this attack misses, Bandana Dee will do a similar animation to when he can't throw a spear, but this time more vulnerable, letting his opponents get a free hit if they are close enough.

Side B: Waddle Spear Barrage. Bandana Dee will throw out a ton of spears all in one direction-specifically four. He can't influence the direction of these, as it's purely random, though they will all go about the same trajectory, just slightly differently. He can't move himself unless he is in the air. If he is in the air, he can glide from side to side very slowly. These spears do not stay in the ground or do as much damage as the neutral B spears. Each spear does about 6% with lower-than-average knockback. Both the startup and the endlag are quite favorable for Bandee. This can be a great move for edgeguarding or just keeping your opponent busy dodging spears.

Up B: Waddle Copter. There's probably a bunch of other people above me making a better Waddle Copter move than I ever could, so I'll sit this one out.

Aerials

Neutral air: Bandana Dee will spin his spear around him, very similarly to Byleth's nair. It's a pretty good combo tool, however it lacks in killing. It does 10% with the full attack and can be combo'd out of a down throw. It sends at a high angle low knockback, whcih means he can also combo this move into a side b or a forward air. He can even do a dragdown nair into a normal like dash attack or jab.

Back air: Back Thrust. Bandana Dee pokes his spear behind him. As always, this does more damage and knockback at the tip (14%, medium angle, high knockback) than the base (9%, medium angle, half-decent knockback). Kills around 70% offstage (tip).

Down air: Bandana Dee holds his spear high above his head, then stabs it down hard in a slow-but-brutal spike move.The tip is a very strong spike that does 16%, and contrary to his other moves, the base doesn't have a hitbox.

Forward air: Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward. It's the same as his back air, except forwards, and weaker (12% medium angle mid-high knockback tip and 7% low-angled, half-decent knockback. Kills around 90% offstage (tip).

Up air: Skyward Thrust. Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upward-but that's not all! As after that, he opens up the parasol at the end, which also does some knockback and damage (albeit not great-up angled, low knockback, 7%). Afterwards, Dee will float down with the Parasol, and you can move him left and right, with about the same control as Lucas' freefall. This can be canceled at any time with an attack or simply pushing down. The actual spear part is very strong, with high knockback and 14% damage.

Throws

Down throw: This is your combo throw. Bandana Dee throws his opponent down and spins his parasol on them, dealing 7%. It sends at an angle perfect for a nair or forward air.

Up throw: Bandana Dee throws the opponent up and stabs them with his spear, dealing 11%. While this is mainly for damage building and killing at around 140%, it can combo into up air and up b at very low percents.

Back throw: Bandana Dee does a suplex with his opponent that is identical to Kirby's. It deals 8% and doesn't have any combo potential, even at low percents, so it is mainly used for positioning and getting your opponent offstage.

Forward throw: Bandana Dee holds his opponent in front of him and winds up a powerful punch. This does 9% and strong medium-angle knockback. It kills around 130% at ledge.

AND that's the end! Sorry for any errors or lack of enough detail on some moves, I'm writing this late so I can get it in before I sleep.
Please vote for your favorite moveset. One vote please.

1. Perkilator
  2. Sharklord
  3. Paraster
  4. Otoad64
  5. JCKirbs
  6. Janx_uwu

We also finished the track listing for Kirby. This is how it looks:

1 Dededestroyer Z (Kirby Battle Royale)
2 White Hot! Boss Battle (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
3 Puppet Offering / La Follia D’Amore (New Remix) (Kirby Star Allies)
4 Sullied Grace (Kirby Triple Deluxe)
5 Dedede’s Royal Payback (Kirby Triple Deluxe)
6 Dedede Battle/Buff Dedede (Kirby Star Allies)
7 Dried Up Sea (Kirby Planet Robobot)
8 Forgotizanne Flash Lightning (Kirby Star Allies)
9 Apple Scramble (Kirby Battle Royale)
10 Vagrant Counting Soul of Retrospection (Kirby Planet Robobot)
11 Warrior from Another World (Kirby's Return to Dream Land)
12 The Final Battle (vs. Dark Crafter) (Kirby and the Rainbow Curse)
13 Vs. Dedede & Meta Knight (Chapter 4 & Final) (Kirby Fighters 2)
14 Friends and the Sound of Those Crossing Blades (Kirby Star Allies)
15 Macho of Dedede (Kirby Star Allies)

Last edited:

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Personal vote goes for Otoad64's BWD. I really like the elemental spear change gimmick that's accompanied with a more simpler moveset. As Waddle Dee has always been seen as a character that would be rather simple as a base-game addition, the down-b adds a unique flavour to him while not being too overly complicated.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I vote for Paraster's moveset.

It's very close to what I would've made!

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
After debating between JCKirbs JCKirbs ' and SharkLord SharkLord 's concepts, I finally decided on Sharklord's. I hated sacraficing some of the former's ideas, such as the smash attacks, and up tilt, but I felt that their concept was too mode-oriented, adding to the complexity of the character, which while perfectly fine (some characters have sophisticated movesets with high learning curves and reflex demands), nevertheless costs points, in my opinion, since I tend to steer away from excessively bifurcated movesets. However, both were good proposals that challenged my selection.

This marks two exceptional movesets in a row, Sharklord. Well done!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I vote for SharkLord's moveset. I like movesets that keep it simple and I feel like this one does it very elegantly, and without using the parasol or elements as a crutch.
For now, yes. We can always take a vote to see if this will be a thread rule though in the future
Oh. I voted before reading this. Is there any way I can change my votes? I'd really hate to see the likes of Chun-Li taken out of the equation.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
I'll just vote for my own moveset (since no one else did). :4pacman:

I probably would've originally incorporated something similar to the Elemental Abilities for my ideal moveset, but those specific abilities (like the Beam Rod) aren't directly associated with Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee so I decided to utilize his newly-introduced Ground Thrust move instead, while adding some (admittedly complex) flair to it.

Otherwise, I probably would've voted for SharkLord's moveset because that one closely resembles how I'd want Bandana Dee to play from a more simplifed standpoint.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I’m gonna vote for SharkLord’s moveset. It’s pretty much exactly what I would’ve pictured for Dee.
Alternate Costumes
I know we are discussing Isaac movesets but I made this set of palette swaps for him. Are we cool with this or does anyone have any better concepts?
View attachment 298311

Blue (Default)
Purple (Based on Ivan)
Red (Based on Jenna)
Yellow (Based on Garret)
Cyan (Based on Mia)
Green (Based on Felix)
White (Based on Alex)
Dark Blue (Based on his older appearance in Dark Dawn)
Props to you for making these alts! They look perfect!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Oh, something I forgot to mention is the possibility of having the Clay Bandana Dee from Rainbow Curse as an alt or set of alts. Think that could be pretty cool. Should I go back and post that under my moveset, or should I just leave that here?
We can discuss it once we get the moveset concepts down. I did make alts for Bandana Dee and I will post them up here. If people have any suggestions or changes to make to them, you can let me know and I can work around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom