• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Character 1
Porky IIII
Waluigi IIII III
Rex & Pyra IIII IIII II
Bandana Waddle Dee IIII IIII IIII I
Ganon III
Lugia I
Kamek III
Edelgard II
Impa IIII III
Ashely I
Lyn III
Giovanni IIII
Paper Mario IIII III
Scizor I
Dixie Kong IIII I
Tingle I
Doc Louis
Krystal IIII

Character 2
Ninten III
Blaziken IIII
Birdo II
Funky Kong IIII IIII
Dixie Kong IIII II
Alph IIII II
Octoling IIII IIII IIII IIII III
Dark Bowser III
Zeraora II
Hilda
Morgan III
Medusa IIII III
Black Shadow IIII III
The first character slot was looking spread out when voting first began, but the winner is very much clear now. Our first spear user, please welcome Bandana Waddle Dee as our 2nd newcomer!
The echo character was a very obvious leader in votes from the beginning-it's the cooler playable character from Splatoon 2, Octoling slides into the roster as our 3rd newcomer!

Thank you all for voting and submitting characters!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Character 1
Porky IIII
Waluigi IIII III
Rex & Pyra IIII IIII II
Bandana Waddle Dee IIII IIII IIII I
Ganon III
Lugia I
Kamek III
Edelgard II
Impa IIII III
Ashely I
Lyn III
Giovanni IIII
Paper Mario IIII III
Scizor I
Dixie Kong IIII I
Tingle I
Doc Louis
Krystal IIII

Character 2
Ninten III
Blaziken IIII
Birdo II
Funky Kong IIII IIII
Dixie Kong IIII II
Alph IIII II
Octoling IIII IIII IIII IIII III
Dark Bowser III
Zeraora II
Hilda
Morgan III
Medusa IIII III
Black Shadow IIII III
The first character slot was looking spread out when voting first began, but the winner is very much clear now. Our first spear user, please welcome Bandana Waddle Dee as our 2nd newcomer!
The echo character was a very obvious leader in votes from the beginning-it's the cooler playable character from Splatoon 2, Octoling slides into the roster as our 3rd newcomer!

Thank you all for voting and submitting characters!
I don't mean to be a sore loser, but man...Scizor got some miserable scores.

Only a single vote.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you Janx_uwu Janx_uwu

I am sorry but I’m currently busy for the next couple of hours. That being said, when I am free, we will begin on a few new jobs including voting on Isaac’s Moveset. I also have a revamped method to submitting an discussing characters that I will try to Bandana Dee.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #12: Voting on Isaac’s Special Moveset

Below are four moveset proposals for Isaac. Please indicate which one you think suits Isaac best. Please pick only one.

This thread looks like it's exactly my style. Can I be a developer partner?

Anyway, let's talk about Isaac's moveset.

This may seem odd, but I've noticed characters that have been heavily requested since Brawl - for instance, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie - tend to have simpler movesets that wouldn't seem out-of-place in Brawl. I suppose maybe it's about giving fans of the character a moveset that matches what they would have expected from the character all those years ago. With that in mind, I'm not particularly interested in giving Isaac some kind of XP or Djinn gimmick. The most I would go for is about Sephiroth's level of complexity.

When I make a moveset, I like to outline the core elements of the character that I would wish to highlight. So let's do that. Keep in mind that I'm not that familiar with Golden Sun.
  • Above all, Isaac is a Venus Adept. In other words, he has earth magic.
  • Isaac gets Cure at a low level in his default class series. (At least, that's what the wiki tells me.) In the early game, he's your healer.
  • In addition to typical earth magic, Isaac also gets utility Psynergy like Move, which are actually used in the field.
  • Isaac is considered a "warrior-style Adept" by the wiki, in comparison to "mage-style Adepts".
  • I'm not confident in this having not played the game, but if Golden Sun is like any other RPG, you're gonna be using earth magic way more than your sword.
Now, I can construct a moveset with these in mind. Or at least a mere outline of a moveset.

Isaac fits the general mold of a swordfighter, but he doesn't do that much actual swordfighting. Instead, most of his disjoints are actually Venus Psynergy. They're not projectiles, so he isn't a zoner, but they do give him a decently large range. As an earth mage, it follows that his ground game is better than his air game.
  • Isaac's down-tilt is Quake, which causes a column of earth to come from the ground and bounce an opponent upward. It's good to start combos, but its hitbox is directly on the ground, so it won't really hit airborne opponents.
  • Isaac's down-smash is Gaia, which cause a pillar of energy to erupt from the ground beneath him. This is a powerful move that covers all around you, but it leaves you quite vulnerable if you miss.
  • Isaac's down-air is Spire. It's a stall-then-fall attack where Isaac creates a variety of stalactites... then charges downward with them, sword pointed down.
  • Isaac's up-B is Growth. It creates a tall plant that has a hitbox while it's growing. For the few seconds it's on the field, it can be climbed like a ladder.
  • Isaac's down-B is Cure. This move heals Isaac about 5%, but is somewhat risky to pull off due to its high start- and endlag.
  • Isaac's final smash is Judgment, It's a cutscene final smash that recreates the animation for the original's Judgment summon,
Alright, Isaac ideas.

Being a young Venus Adept, Isaac would be a grounded fighter who specializes in controlling the battlefield. His attacks would either go towards the earth or come from it. Aside from some unique quirks to a couple of his moves, Isaac is a mostly simple character
  • Jab, tilts, and dash attack use his sword.
  • Smashes use Psynergy
    • Forward smash is Ragnarok; Isaac creates a large energy blade around his sword and swings it down.
    • Up smash is Punji, a thrust of bamboo shoots.
    • Down smash is Nettle, a series of thorny vines around Isaac. Multi-hitting move
  • Aerials are clunky due to Isaac being out of his element, but are strong and can deal heavy damage in the enemy isn't careful.
    • Forward aerial has Isaac stab his sword down in front of himself; Like Hero's down air, but in from instead of directly below.
    • Up aerial is an awkward upward strike with the hilt; The attack isn't towards the ground and it doesn't come from it, making it Isaac's worst move
    • Down aerial is a vine that deals low damage, but is quick and acts as a tether if it hits the ground, much like the Belmont's whip. Mainly used to get Isaac back on the ground.
  • Grab uses Catch Psynergy and throws use various other Utility Psynergies.
  • Neutral Special is Gaia, a surge of rocks from the ground. Charging it turns it into Mother Gaia, and charging it further leads to Grand Gaia.
  • Side Special is Move; Similar to his Assist Trophy, but obviously toned down in size for balancing purposes.
  • Up Special is Growth, causing vines to sprout out around Isaac. In the air, it creates a plant underneath Isaac instead, acting as recovery.
  • Down Special is Quake, a quick burst that trips up the opponent. Can be charged to increase the radius and damage.
    • In the air, it becomes Spire, a large stalactite sent plummeting downwards. Similar to Mega Man's down aerial.
  • Final Smash is Judgement, a cinematic attack based on the original animation.
Alright, here's my basic idea for a moveset. I'll currently leave attacks that I don't have a lot to say about (mostly ones I think would take the form of simpler sword swings) and some moves I may have more than one suggestion for, so people can discuss what they prefer. I'll probably come back to edit this post based on feedback from everyone, to better craft the moveset.

Normal Attacks
Forward Tilt:
Flint

Isaac performs a two-handed sword swing, with the sword having a yellow glow. Has good range and decent kill power. We could also make this attack be a different Djinn unleash instead, such as Sap or Bane, in which case the kill power would be traded out for healing or poison.

Up Tilt: Thorn
Isaac summons a spiky thorn in front of him, reaching above his head and angled slightly towards him. Sends opponents up, so it can combo at lower percents, but it has high knockback growth so it can kill at high %.

Down Tilt: Quake
Isaac swiftly makes a section of the ground quake by his feet, popping up enemies infront of him which makes it ideal for combos and kill confirms.

Dash Attack: Annihilation
Isaac breifly stops in place before making a fast dashing slash, with a kanji appearing where Isaac stops. Being hit during the slash will knock opponents away like a standard dash attack, but at the end of the slash when the kanji appears is a poweful sweetspot that can kill the opponent much earlier.

Forward Smash: Ragnarok
Isaac summons a massive sword near above him that stabs diagonally down into the ground in front of him. The attack is a disjoint and not a projectile, having a large hitbox and great kill power.

Up Smash: Punji series
Isaac raises Punji sticks all around him reaching high above his head, with each one quickly popping out of the ground one after the other. This attack is a multi-hit, with the sticks being disjointed and Isaac having head invincibility.

Down Smash: Gaia series
Isaac stabs the ground, causing it to crack where he stands, with light and rocks shooting out of the crack soon after. Has poweful quake hitboxes that send opponents up and away and is generally more powerful closer to Isaac.

Down Aerial: Helm/Skull Splitter
Isaac brings his sword downwards, performing an Aether style attack with a meteor effect at the beginning. This could either function as a traditional stall-and-fall, or something more unusual such as halting all upward momentum (like Ivysaur's U-air) and going into fast-fall.

His other aerials would mostly be sword swings, but some of them could be Djinn unleashes like mentioned before, such as Flint, Sap or Bane.

Grab and Throws
To grab, Isaac uses Catch, which can be compared to Pacman's grab (instead of a full tether grab) except faster and less active. F-Throw is Move, which sends opponents away with a projectile similar to the Assist Trophy; B-Throw is Scoop, which chucks the opponent backwards; U-Throw is Carry, which lifts opponents up and is Isaac's main combo throw being more effective at lower %; D-Throw is Pound, which would either be Isaac's most damaging throw OR bury opponents that allows for follow ups if fast enough.

Specials
Neutral Special: Growth series
OR Vine

Growth causes plants to grow from the ground nearby in front of Isaac, damaging any opponents caught in the intial growth with multi-hits and breifly stunning/crumpling them (similar to Ryu's/Ken's Focus Attack), allowing for follow-up attacks. The special button can be held to make the attack taller and wider, as well as making the attack continue to do multi-hits, but this will also increase the attack's endlag, making it easier to punish and follow-up attacks impossible. If held for the full duration, opponents in the Growth will be hit with moderate knockback instead of a stun. The attack will spawn from nearby ground if Isaac is in the air.
We could also leave the Growth on stage for short time after the attack, and any enemies trying to move through it could have their horizontal movement slowed.
Vine would cause an area of vines to spawn from the ground in front of Isaac. The move would do no damage, but opponents caught in the intial spawning of the vines would be hit by an unblockable crumple/stun. The vines would be left on the ground for a period of time, and any opponents trying to move through it would have their speed cut in half and be unable to jump.

Side Special: Spire series
Isaac creates stone Spire projectiles a distance in front of and above him that then fall downwards, hitting any enemies beneath them. The attack can be charged to increase the ammount of projectiles, and the origin of the attack can be moved left or right while charging, with a fully charged Spire dealing heavy shield damage. If hit, the projectiles will continue to hit the opponent until the final projectile launches the opponent away, with the strength depending on the charge, but if the opponent is hit by the Spire as soon as it appears then it will spike the opponent instead.

Up Special: Retreat OR Growth
Retreat would be the most basic recovery, simply acting as a teleport with good range, though a swordfigher hasn't had a recovery like that yet.
Growth would be similar to what was said before, except in the air if there's no ground beneath him then Growth starts where Isaac is, bringing Isaac up with it and giving a final boost upwards after it finishes growing.

Down Special: Demon Night/Thorny Grave OR Vine
Demon Night/Thorny Grave makes Isaac summon and fire a swarm of spirit projectiles, perhaps in a similar functioning manner to Bowser's Fire Breath, except in can't be held. The attack multi-hits and knocks aways with moderate knockback, as well as inflicting a Haunt status effect. Enemies inflicted with Haunt may randomly take a random amount of damage (with no knockback) after performing an action, like attacking, grabbing or possibly jumping. The amount of time Haunt lasts depends on how many projectiles hit the opponent and it can be shortened by hitting Isaac.
Vine would work as stated before.

Final Smash: Judgement
Isaac uses the Gaia Blade's Unleash, Titan Blade, summoning a massive sword to crash down in an area in front of him, acting as the into for a cinematic. If an opponent is hit, Isaac summons Judgement to perform a devastating attack on them, having high damage and kill power.

One last additional detail is that one of Isaac's taunts could be Cure, as that is a big part of Venus Psynergy. If the taunt is allowed to play in full, then Isaac would be healed a certain amount.
This is my proposal for Isaac's moveset. Please feel free to comment on it if you have any questions or suggestions.

Neutral Special: Rockfall/Rockslide/Avalanche

These series of attacks that summons a blast of rocks that shoot upwards from the platform Isaac is standing on. Inputting it once will do Rockfall. The second input will do Rockslide which does more damage with higher traveling distance. The final input is Avalanche is which does the highest amount of damage and is nearly the same height as Palutena's fully charged Up Smash. It can also induce a meteor smash when it hits at the topmost frame. The attack is great for preventing aerial approaches. It is stronger then performed on the ground as opposed to the air. It has a Terry Power Wave effect in that all three versions have a shorter range than the grounded versions.

Side Special: Growth/Mad Growth/Wild Growth

Much like above, inputting it once will do Growth which will shoot out a tangle of vines and weeds. Mashing the special button once released will prolong the attack and deal more hits as the vines snap around. Inputting it again will do Mad Growth which deals more damage and better chance to connect the mashable attacks together. Finally, the last input is Wild Growth which acts like a command grab in that it will grab the opponent and deal multiple hits of damage by smacking them wildly with vines before launching the opponent. Can cause colleterial damage as well to nearby opponents.

Up Special: Retreat

Isaac will vanish quickly before reappearing some distance away. It acts much like Hero's Zoom move. Upon input, it has the greatest recovery and will almost teleport Isaac onto the stage. More inputs will reduce the range it teleports. It doesn't do any damage but helps with Isaac's air game as its severely lacking/horrendous jumping stats.

Down Special: Quake/Earthquake/Quake Sphere

Isaac will summon a quake which will cause the area around him to shake. This will deal damage as well as cause tripping. Like the above specials, the first input will simply create a shaking area around Isaac. The second input extends the radius of effect, damage dealt, and the duration of time. The finallt version will not only do damage but will bury opponents who are close to Isaac while causing those who are further to slip. The attack is great for defensive tactics and can quickly turn the tides of an approaching opponent.

Side Smash: Move

Isaac charges up and unleashes a non-damaging glowing hand made of energy which will push opponents back. It can be angled before being launched. Charging up the attack will increase the size of the hand and the length it travels.

Up Smash: Punji

Isaac causes a forest of bamboo spikes to shoot up around him. Like Ridley's Skewer, it won't launch opponents but it does high damage if the spike portions connects fully on the opponents hurtbox as opposed to a whiff. When this happens, they are stuck in place after being damaged allowing for a follow up attack. They will simply flinch in its a whiff with very little damage. Charging the attack increases the damage and the height of the bamboo spikes. In addition, touching these bamboo spikes from above will knock the opponent up for moderate damage.

Down Smash: Gaia

Isaac summons the forces of the earth and unleashes a well of earthen energy upwards. The attack has a slight gravitational effect which pulls into opponents before launching them. The damage is applied during launch. The attack has an unique mechanic that it will effect the area six seconds after use. Anyone who touches the area when used will become buried; similar to Villager's Down Smash. It's not only an offensive and defensive attack but its also a trap.

Down Aerial: Spire

Isaac unleashes a rock shard that travels downward which functions similar to Mega man's Down Aerial. The added bonus is that it will explode with an earthen fury upon impact with a solid object or opponent which causes colleterial damage to anyone nearby. It's powerful and can cause a meteor smash to opponents directly below Isaac. It has significant landing lag if shorthopped.

Grab: Move

Isaac will use the Move ability to grab ahold of someone. This is technically the only distance grab as, unlike others, it will not bring the opponent back to Isaac. I changed this from my original description but the distance the hand grabs is about thee Mario models away. Doing the Pummel causes the hand to squeeze the opponents.
When voting, please write Job #12 and the user’s name.

Job #13: Submit a Classic Mode for Isaac Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Classic Mode: Power of Friendship
Players team up with two other allies to defeat an opponent based on a a Golden Sun boss.

Round 1 vs Giant:ultivysaur:
:ultlucina::ultsimon: (Allies)
Stage: Garden of Hope

Ivysaur represents the boss Tret.

Round 2 vs Blue:ultroy:
:ultsimon::ultyounglink: (Allies)
Stage: Prism Tower

Roy represents Sauturos when he is fought in the Mercury Lighthouse

Round 3 vs Blue:ultdk:
:ultyounglink::ultpalutena: (Allies)
Stage: Reset Bomb Forest

Donkey Kong represents the Killer Ape

Round 4 vs Giant Pink Inkling
:ultpalutena::ultcloud: (Allies)
Stage: Pirate Ship

Inkling presents the boss Kraken.

Round 5 vs Black Zelda (w/ Death Scythe)
:ultcloud::ultrosalina: (Allies)
Stage: Great Plateau Sheikah Tower

Zelda represents the boss, Menardi.

Round 6 vs Black:ultganondorf:
:ultrosalina::ultrobin: (Allies)
Stage:
Final Round vs Great Cave Offensive (Battlefield)

Ganondorf represents the powerful optional boss, Dullahan.

Final Round vs Rathalos, Giant :ultridley:, and Giant:ultcharizard:
:ultshulk::ultmetaknight: (Allies)

Rathalos, Ridley, and Charizard represents the Fusion Dragon.

Job #14: Submit Isaac’s Misc Info

Much like Job 13 but this is much different. Below is a list of criteria that needs to be filled for Isaac. Fill these out and then submit them. Only one section per user please. That means if you fill out Taunts, please only do the three taunts and not other sections like Victory Animations. Even if the section (on-screen appearance) is only one criteria, please focus on one section. This ensures everyone can participate. First come, first serve.

On-Screen Appearance Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Appears in a vortex of Venus Psyenergy which causes the ground to burst with plant life. He then jumps out.

Idle Animations BowserKing BowserKing
1. Issac looks behind him and back
2. Issac adjusts his hair, before going back to battle stance

Taunts WarioJim WarioJim
1. A Venus Djinn appears and flies around Isaac, simiar to the fairy taunts that the Links have.
2. Isaac uses his Psynergy field animation.
3. A unique taunt, Isaac casts Cure on himself, which could function in a few different ways. The first option is that the taunt must play in full to get moderate healing and Isaac can't cancel out of it. The second option is that using the taunt puts Isaac into an animation and after either pressing a button end the animation or letting the animation last the max amount of time, Isaac is healed based on the amount of time before the taunt is ended.

Victory Animations

Victory Theme Speed Weed Speed Weed

Kirby Hat

Boxing Ring Title
Warrior of Vale airConditioner airConditioner

Crowd Chant

Job #15: Submit two items. One Item is from a first party franchise. The second item is entirely original

Please submit a total of two items.

Item #1 must be from an already represented first party franchise like Mario, Metroid, or Xenoblade.

Item #2 must be an original item.

The top two in each item category will be an item so four total altogether.

Finally, any content that is not included in Job’s 13 and 14 will be filled by myself at a later date. I will wait for others to contribute before doing that.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 15

--First Party Item--

Breidablik

The Breidablik is from the Mobile Game Fire Emblem Heroes and it is the device used to summon legendary heroes from Fire Emblem.

It would work similarly to the Pokeball as in you can use it to exclusively summon a random character, only this time it's a Fire Emblem character. Using it will shoot an orb that will spawn one of many Fire Emblem characters, And they function like a regular assist trophy.

HERE ARE THE LIST OF BREIDABLIK SUMMONS

--Original Item--

Master Cart

Appearance: They would look like a Generic NES game with a colored label that is either Orange, Blue Or Green

Use: picking up and using a master cart will increase the stat associated with the color on the Cart (Orange is Attack, Blue is Defense, Green is speed) until you lose a stock.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Job #15: Submit two items. One Item is from a first party franchise. The second item is entirely original
First Party Item: Splat Brella (Splatoon)
While this item is equipped, press the A button to shoot a mid-ranged ink attack (covers opponents in ink like some of Inkling's attacks). Holding the button down will keep the Brella open, which will block any incoming attacks. The Brella can only be held open for a short time, though.
(I did not initially consider incorporating the Brella's "canopy launch" mechanic, but that is an additional option should one want to add it.)

Original Item: Anti-ssist Trophy
An off-color Assist Trophy. Offensive Assists summoned by it will specifically target the summoner, while supportive Assists will only buff opponents.
(Honestly, I just came up with the name and really loved it)

Last edited:

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Job #12: WarioJim (of course 😉)

Job #14: Taunts
1. A Venus Djinn appears and flies around Isaac, simiar to the fairy taunts that the Links have.
3. A unique taunt, Isaac casts Cure on himself, which could function in a few different ways. The first option is that the taunt must play in full to get moderate healing and Isaac can't cancel out of it. The second option is that using the taunt puts Isaac into an animation and after either pressing a button end the animation or letting the animation last the max amount of time, Isaac is healed based on the amount of time before the taunt is ended.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom also, should we ping you for Job #14 as well?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #12: WarioJim (of course 😉)

Job #14: Taunts

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom also, should we ping you for Job #14 as well?
Added. It helps if people ping me:

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Item #1: Scrap Driver (Xenoblade)
1610198431062.jpeg

A powerful item that serves as both a Battering and a shooting item. Hit the attack button to swing it forward to deliver a powerful slash attack. Smash it forward and unleash a powerful energy projectile that will detonate after some time. The item is unique as it adds superarmor to both the melee slash and projectile. Finally, like the shield-wielding characters, it can deflect incoming projectiles. It’s clunky though and will crumble after a few uses.

Item #2: Gravity Tether

Grab this glowing ball of blue energy and throw it at the opponent. Once it latches on, it will generate a tether between yourself and the opponent. This causes both players to become “attached” to each other. Moving a certain distance in opposite way will cause the tether to tense up and prevent the players from moving forward. This can be used to manipulate the opponents movements, prevent them from KO’ing you, keep them within your attack zone, or lead them to a trap.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Item 1: Shock Bomb (ARMS)
20210109_084420.jpg

Like it's game of origin, the Shock Bomb will be spawned in via a drone, identical to the ones seen in the Spring Stadium stage. When hit, it will drop to the ground. It's too big to carry, but thanks to it's ball shape, it can rolled around the stage ala a barrel.

After a period of time, it will detonate. Unlike most bombs however which cause a firey explosion with notable knockback, the Shock Bomb will unleash an electric shockwave that will paralyze anyone in it's radius for a brief period of time.

Wanted to initially submit Hedlok for this, but that probably would've been a little broken and a pain to implement.

Item 2: Paint Bucket

A tin bucket filled with glowing, rainbow paint. Essentially just a visual item, when thrown at an opponent, they'll be dowsed in said paint, giving em a glowing hue. After a couple seconds (solely for the game to actually load the aftermath) their character will be swapped to a different randomized alt for the rest of their current stock until they're KO'd. After which, they will revert back to the initial alt they started the match with.

The bucket itself, after the paint has already been used, will still be around on the battlefield to throw around, albiet causing a minimal amounts of damage

Yes, this may be a bit weird with fighters with separate characters/genders as alts but that's kinda the fun with Smash. And in the chance each player is using the same character meaning every alt is already in play, it will be disabled in 8 player matches.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Item 1: Coconut Gun (Donkey Kong Country)

One of the main items that Donkey Kong can use in his series, can now be an item in this game. When you grab the item, it will preform by using the A button or the side Smash attack.

It will fire a Coconut at the opponents, doing 15% damage, with decent knockback. It takes 3 seconds to fire, but if the opponent is at 115% or higher, they will be KOed by the attack.

The Coconut Gun has 5 uses, but it can break shields if used up close.

Item 2: Skillet

Aka the Frying Pan, this common weapon can now be used as an attack. It can be used using the A button or the Side Smash.

It does 17% damage, with decent knockback. This item can also have a rare chance in dropping food like eggs (a 1 in 70 chance) once the item is dropped.

The item can be used until dropped, and it will disappear in the same time as many other items will.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Job #12: ahemtoday's concept.

(I would, however, like to give an honorable mention to SharkLord's concept, and suggest that some of his ideas be used to fill out attacks not listed in ahemtoday's outline. I would specifically like to draw attention to Gaia as neutral special and Move as side special.)

Bencaua

Smash Rookie
Job #15

Item 1 - Snakeboard

From ARMS, the Snakeboard would be a mobility item like in the source game, working similarly: Fighters can jump on them to move around quickly, faster than most characters' dashes. It is however somewhat hard to control, meaning you may move more than intended sometimes. Jumping while riding a snakeboard will first cause the snakeboard itself to jump up, and fighters will behave as if on the ground, while a second jump is needed to jump off of it properly. In Smash, it would be somewhat smaller than in Arms, so that closer-ranged characters can still hit average-sized opponents while riding it. Certain attacks that involve jumping will make you lose the Snakeboard, like Sheik's Bouncing Fish, and so will being hit with particularly strong attacks, so be careful!

Item 2 - Poison Bomb
Turns out not many characters and items in the game have attacks with Poison effect: the only ones are Hero (self-inflicted sometimes), the Yuri Kozukata Assist Trophy and the Rathalos and Dracula bosses. Most others are Darkness effects mimicking Poison. This Item aims to fix that! Once launched by the player, it's effects will vary on what it hits. Hitting the ground will cause it to slowly leak gases, forming a cloud above it that poisons opposing characters who touch it. It can however be launched away by the other fighters, and that will cause it to create a trail of poison, spreading further the noxious gases. If, however, it directly hits an enemy, it will detonate instantly, which will poison only the affected character and ones very close to it, in addition to dealing moderate damage and high knockback. Be mindful the Bomb is quite heavy for its size, so it may not be as easy to throw as you expect!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"...it's so bad."

Item #1: The Power Glove! (NES series, I guess?...)
The Smash series is no stranger to NES peripherals. We've got the Super Scope as an item. Duck Hunt is pretty much a representation of the Zapper in the form of a fighter. And R.O.B. is a robot toy that they somehow made into a Smash Bro. But possibly one of the most popular NES peripherals still has no representation in Smash. It's about time we change that.
Notorious for being, well, not good, the Power Glove is exactly what it looks like-a controller for the NES that used "motion controls." But how would it play in Smash as an item?

I've given a lot of thought to this one, and here's what I've come up with. Basically, when you pick it up, your character starts wearing the power glove (if they're holding something like a sword, it will swap to their free hand. With the Links or Heroes, they'll wear it on their sword hand but still hold said sword. Characters without hands, they'll just have it float beside them or something). When picked up, you stop in place, but you can control your opponent! In a 1-on-1 fight it's immediate, but in a FFA or doubles fight, you'll select which opponent to control with a small UI pointer next to the opponents' portraits.
Now, I know what you're thinking-"Janx, won't you just make your opponent fall off the stage and die?" Well, I've got some ideas to balance it out.
For one, you yourself are defenseless. You can't do anything to fight off an opponent, whether it be the one you're controlling or not. Another idea I had, the Power Glove works like DK's Cargo Throw. The less damage your opponent has, or the more damage you have, the easier it will be for them to overrule your control. For example, if I'm playing Mario and pick up the Power Glove to control Bowser, but I'm at 100% and Bowser's at 0%, Bowser can easily get out of my control without mashing too hard-but no mashing at all results to the opponent not having much control at all. There is also a short time limit on the Power Glove, and afterwards it will despawn. There are a lot more precise things to consider, but I'll either think of it later or leave it up to the balance team. I've typed enough about this as is.

I think the Power Glove should be in Smash because it's the most popular NES peripheral that is not yet represented in Smash in some way.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job #12: ahemtoday's concept.

(I would, however, like to give an honorable mention to SharkLord's concept, and suggest that some of his ideas be used to fill out attacks not listed in ahemtoday's outline. I would specifically like to draw attention to Gaia as neutral special and Move as side special.)
Yeah, I like this idea. There's a couple spots missing in both our movesets, so there's enough room to combine them and fill in the gaps.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 12:
Sharklord's concept

Job 15:

Item 1:
Repel (Pokemon)

so, I was thinking about it, and there are no pokemon items besides the pokeballs/master balls, let's fix that!
the repel is pretty simple, you spray it in front of you, and it would push away any fighters in front of you, it's more of a defensive item, but it's not exactly used for battles in the pokemon games.

Item 2:

Kite

I know this sounds silly, but i'm suggesting a kite. basically, the more you run, the more air the kite pickups and the higher it flys, and eventually the kite will go so high it pulls you into the air and allow you to glide downwards, you can even glide into opponents and deal damage.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting to wonder, should I have been more 'certain' about the specials in my move list?
I wrote it the way I did because it gave people some alternate options to discuss and so I could get feedback about which options people prefered and what changes they'd like to see. Should I go back and make it more definitive based on my own judgement?

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Job 15
Item 1 - Crown

1610255642194.png

The Crown originates from Super Mario 3D World and its upcoming port, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. It appears exclusively in multiplayer, where the player with the highest score in the previous level gets to wear it when starting the next level. The Crown adds several points to that player's total should they finish the level while wearing it, though if they're damaged at all, they will lose it, and other players are able to grab it. Other players can also attack the player wearing the Crown themselves to try and steal it.

In Super Smash Bros., the Crown acts similar to the Healing Sprout. When a player touches it, they will wear it, providing a boost to their damage and knockback output as well as a slight increase in ground and air speed. However, other fighters can attack you if you're wearing it, letting them get it instead. The Crown disappears on its own after awhile.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job 15:
NEW ITEM: DOUBLE CHERRY (SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD)
1610256417744.png

The Double Cherry is a power-up introduced in Super Mario 3D World. This is a very powerful item, as if picked up it will give you a copy. This copy acts very similarly to the second Ice Climber, following you and repeating your attacks. Your attacks do 75% of the damage they used to do, and the copy does 50%, but that adds up to a 1.25x damage modifier so it's good. The clone dissapears after 17 seconds, or if hit by an attack by itself (it stays if you also got hit). There will not be a second Luma if Rosalina uses this item, but there will be a third Ice Climber if they use it. Only one fighter can have the double cherry effect at the same time, and you can't use more than one at the same time.

i wrote this at 12:30 am.

(also, in the main posts, the roster images are incorrectly attributed to another user. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom )

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Job #15

Item 1: The Armorslayer
1610257255932.png

A staple of the Fire Emblem series, the Armorslayer is exactly what you would expect: A sword that is highly effective against armored units. Introduced in the first game, it has appeared in every game except the black sheep Fire Emblem Gaiden, it's remake Fire Emblem Echoes, and Radiant Dawn; For Smash, it uses the design from Awakening. Alongside the Hammer, it is your go-to for cracking the heavy shells of knights and generals. Seeing as we already have a couple hammer items, it looks like we'll go with the Armorslayer.

In Smash, the Armorslayer deals rather weak damage, but it has a simple, yet effective utility: Popping shields. Essentially Marth and Lucina's Shield Breaker with a blade the size of Ike's Ragnell, the Armorslayer can wreck shields with only a couple jabs, and smash through them with a single smash attack. The only real downside is the low frame data, but even then that can be circumvented by just chucking it at them. If your opponent's feeling block-happy, the Armorslayer's your friend.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #15: Devil Axe (Fire Emblem)
Devil Axe.png
Type: Battering

This is a recurring weapon in the Fire Emblem series. It is a powerful weapon with a chance to backfire on the user depending on their Luck stat (the specific math, usually, is [31-Luck]%).

In Smash, it serves a similar purpose. Each swing does about 10% and decent knockback, able to be swung 5 times MAX before it can no longer be used. There's a 3/5 chance for it to backfire on the user and during the 3rd, 4th or 5th swing and disappear after, with the recoil being half of what that specific hit would've racked up the total damage to. For example:
  • Hit #3 totals the overall damage dealt to 30%; the recoil would be 15%
  • Hit #4 totals the overall damage dealt to 40%; the recol would be 20%
  • Hit #5 totals the overall damage dealt to 50%; the recoil would be 25%
There's always a guarantee for it to backfire on the 5th hit (unless it's thrown by the user and hits an opponent, in which case it simply disappears like any other item). When it does, it turns into a red, shadowy X similar to Thwack. This instantly K.O.'s any opponents unlucky enough to have it backfire when over 85%, 8-% or 75%.

This is a risk-reward item; great for racking up damage, but not without 3 chances for it to bite you in the arse.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Item Submissions will close in less than 24 hours. Isaac Moveset Voting will close in 4-6 hours.

I'm starting to wonder, should I have been more 'certain' about the specials in my move list?
I wrote it the way I did because it gave people some alternate options to discuss and so I could get feedback about which options people prefered and what changes they'd like to see. Should I go back and make it more definitive based on my own judgement?
I think this has less to do with you and more to do how I botched up that section. I feel Bandana Dee will be far more streamlined. If it helps, I didn’t get any votes as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sharklord: 3
Ahemtoday: 2
Combination of the Above Two: 1
WarioJim: 2
Venus of the Desert Bloom: 0

I also want to note that many people mentioned the idea of combining Sharklord and Ahemtoday’s together and I also like this idea. We will be taking elements from both movesets. While I’m not sure how much we can glean off it, I do want to try and include WarioJim’s content considering they got 2 votes. I will start working on it and hopefully have it done within a few days.

In regards to Job #13, I will be taking that one

Classic Mode: Power of Friendship
Players team up with two other allies to defeat an opponent based on a a Golden Sun boss.

Round 1 vs Giant:ultivysaur:
:ultlucina::ultsimon: (Allies)
Stage: Garden of Hope

Ivysaur represents the boss Tret.

Round 2 vs Blue:ultroy:
:ultsimon::ultyounglink: (Allies)
Stage: Prism Tower

Roy represents Sauturos when he is fought in the Mercury Lighthouse

Round 3 vs Blue:ultdk:
:ultyounglink::ultpalutena: (Allies)
Stage: Reset Bomb Forest

Donkey Kong represents the Killer Ape

Round 4 vs Giant Pink Inkling
:ultpalutena::ultcloud: (Allies)
Stage: Pirate Ship

Inkling presents the boss Kraken.

Round 5 vs Black Zelda (w/ Death Scythe)
:ultcloud::ultrosalina: (Allies)
Stage: Great Plateau Sheikah Tower

Zelda represents the boss, Menardi.

Round 6 vs Black:ultganondorf:
:ultrosalina::ultrobin: (Allies)
Stage:
Final Round vs Great Cave Offensive (Battlefield)

Ganondorf represents the powerful optional boss, Dullahan.

Final Round vs Rathalos, Giant :ultridley:, and Giant:ultcharizard:
:ultshulk::ultmetaknight: (Allies)

Rathalos, Ridley, and Charizard represents the Fusion Dragon.

WarioJim

Smash Apprentice
Sharklord: 3
Ahemtoday: 2
Combination of the Above Two: 1
WarioJim: 2
Venus of the Desert Bloom: 0

I also want to note that many people mentioned the idea of combining Sharklord and Ahemtoday’s together and I also like this idea. We will be taking elements from both movesets. While I’m not sure how much we can glean off it, I do want to try and include WarioJim’s content considering they got 2 votes. I will start working on it and hopefully have it done within a few days.
I appreciate the gesture. 😄
I did have a thought that if people want a combination of movesets, perhaps we could work together to make it? SharkLord SharkLord , ahemtoday ahemtoday , what do you think?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I have a question regarding items, are cut items like the fan or red shell from previous installments allowed?

If so,
Job 15: Item 1: Fan.
1610319756834.png

The fan was an item present in the first three Smash Bros games, but was absent in Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. It was an original Smash Bros creation, in reference to traditional stand up acts in Japan. In Smash, it is a weak weapon, but very easy to spam.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Item #1: Candle (Legend of Zelda)- As in the original Legend of Zelda, the candle, upon being picked up, casts out a fireball to the front of the user, travelling a short distance before halting in place for a few moments. Any player (including the user) who touches the flame will be knocked upward with 15% fire damage. The item brightens the screen and reverses the effects of any item that causes the screen to darken.

Item #2: Jester's Cap: Whoever touches this item dons a jester's cap. They will receive a tremendous attack speed, movement speed, and general stats boost for as long as the cap is active. However, their controls will be confounded, with each input yielding a random output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom