• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be wrapping up the voting period in a couple of hours.

After obtaining 11 votes, PeridotGX PeridotGX ’s Classic Creator will be our first entirely new game mode! For those who might have missed it or need a refresher, here’s what the mode is all about:

New Mode: Classic Creator

Every character in Ultimate has their own classic mode, and that's cool! That being said, the replay value is a bit lacking, because it's the same thing over and over again. The easy solution is to just make Classic Mode random again, but I'm going in the opposite direction: creating your own custom, Ultimate-esque paths.

Classic Modes are rather simple to create. Before anything, you must name it and decide if it's specific to a character or a mii, or if the whole cast can play on it. After that, you're free to customize the seven battles to your heart's content. You can choose what stage the fight is on, the background music, what items spawn, what fighters appear, and how many fighters there are (you can select up to 10, with 5 or more foes treated as a horde battles. You can also give your characters the Metal, Mega, and Mini effects). It's highly recommended that the last fight is a boss, but an earlier fight can be made a boss or the seventh could just be a regular one. After the Classic Mode is created, it appears in a menu where it can be selected from other created classic modes. These are treated as regular classic modes, you can do co-op, use tickets, and get spirits. You can upload them to the internet, and play ones from online (no download required, unless a custom stage is involved). If the mode is exclusive to a character you haven't unlocked/bought, you can't play it, but you still can if there's one as a CPU in the mode. Additionally, if it's tied to a Mii that's been uploaded to the internet, downloading that mii will also give you the classic mode.
Here’s how the votes went down:

Smash Dungeon 8
Boss Bash 7
Boss Battles 3
Item Smash 3
Capture the Flag 3
Smash the Targets 2
Smash Strikers 2

We will be doing another game mode submission round in the future so if yours wasn’t chosen, consider including it again, fine tune it, or try something a bit different!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want people to encourage submitting Isaac’s movesets so we can continue to the next section and, finally, start adding more characters. I will also be redoing the character creation section. I will explain it more when the time comes but basically...

1. Submit characters
2. We vote and choose the winner
3. One round dedicated to character creation. Everything including gameplay, movesets, classic modes, taunts, victory themes, codexes, etc. in one post.
4. The voting system is based on topics so like “Gameplay/Moveset”, “Final Smash”, “Taunts”, “Classic Mode”, “Alternate Costumes” Participants vote for each one by putting the user’s name who created that content.

I feel this ensures that we have a lot of the participates “winning” and a myriad of ideas and concepts brought to the table.

And with the new Game Mode out of the way....let’s go to a new one!

Job #10: Submit a Gen 8 Pokéball Pokémon from Sword & Shield and it’s DLC

As a way to show off new Pokémon content, let’s include four new Galar pokeball pokémon in our E3 trailer! This also includes Galarian forms! Please note that thier inclusion will result in them being unable to be promoted to a fighter currently. Also note that if one of our Galar pokémon are confirmed as an actual fighter in Expansion Pass 2, we will remove it and add it as a veteran fighter and then hold an emergency submission and vote to replace the one we lost. Top four submissions wins! That being says, please submit only one.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Job #10: Submit a Gen 8 Pokémon from Sword & Shield and it’s DLC

As a way to show off new Pokémon content, let’s include four new Galar pokémon in our E3 trailer! This also includes Galarian forms! Please note that thier inclusion will result in them being unable to be promoted to a fighter currently. Also note that if one of our Galar pokémon are confirmed as an actual fighter in Expansion Pass 2, we will remove it and add it as a veteran fighter and then hold an emergency submission and vote to replace the one we lost. Top four submissions wins! That being says, please submit only one.
So fighters or Pokeball Pokemon? I'm confused.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So fighters or Pokeball Pokemon? I'm confused.
I clarified it. If the off chance we get a Gen 8 rep in fighter’s pass 2 and it’s one of our pokeball pokémon, we will promote that character to the veterans.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Pokeball suggestion: Sirfetch'd
250px-865Sirfetch'd.png

Once summoned, Sirfetch'd will perform Swords Dance. While standing in place, it'll swing it's leek sword around for a bit (Completely visual, no damage dealt), then lift it's sword up to the air, unleashing an aura that will temporarily boost the attack power of the person who summoned it. After a bit, it'll strike a battle pose, then leave.

As for why Sirfetch'd specifically, I think it's a very popular Gen 8 pokemon with a couple things getting in the way of it becoming playable. It being exclusive to only Sword, as well as being an evolution of an older pokemon (Before you mention Pichu, it was a very easy clone choice, on top of being related to the literal series mascot.) may not be seen as the best way to represent Sword and Shield as a whole. That being said it's popular enough that I think it should still be represented in some way.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Well three ideas then:
Dottler, Trick Room: Dottler appears in the background of the stage and uses Trick Room. The Trick Room will switch the speeds of all Fighters on the stage for a short duration. Dottler will vanish when the Trick Room does.
Sandaconda: Sandaconda will appear and use Sandstorm surrounding itself. It will deal minor damage to anyone within its range. If anyone attacks Sandaconda during this, it will attack with it's Sand Spit ability, making it extra hard to defeat. It will leave after a short duration.
Zarude: Zarude will use Jungle Healing on it's summoner, healing them of any status as well as a good 60% on their damage bar. It will then attack a nearby foe with Power Whip and leave.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Gen 8 Poke Ball Suggestion: Cramorant
Cramorant 2.png

When summoned, Cramorant uses Dive to snatch up an opponent. When successful, it then uses its signature ability Gulp Missile to spit the opponent at another opponent.

When it misses, it simply stands around wondering what to do for a few seconds.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Pokeball Pokemon: Snom/Frosmoth

Snom is an Ice/Bug-type Pokemon introduced in Generation 8. With pitiful stats, access to only two weak moves through level-up, and limited-access to both TMs and TRs, Snom is one of the weakest Pokemon in the entire series. However, trainers that stick with Snom and give it max happiness are rewarded with its evolution, Frosmoth, a powerful special attacker that can take full advantage of Snom's impressive offensive typing.

Like other Pokemon lines that start off weak and evolve into something powerful, such as Magikarp, Togepi, and the various Pseudo-legendaries, the Snom line has been a fan-favourite for many trainers who enjoy seeing their hard-work be rewarded in spades. However, Snom differs from many of its contemporaries, as its first stage is equally (if not more) popular than its evolved form due to its simple yet "ugly-cute" design. On the Pokemon of the Year poll from 2020, Snom was the 4th highest ranked Galar Pokemon, beating out not only Frosmoth but every legendary and starter from the region.

In Smash, Snom would be the initial Pokemon summon from the Pokeball. It would slowly slither along the ground, dealing no damage and only really getting in the way of others. Snom can be picked up and used as a weak projectile with decent range. However, if someone holds on to Snom for 30 seconds, it will achieve maximum happiness with the fighter and evolve into Frosmoth. Frosmoth functions similar to Tiki, flying to the upper corners of the screen before flapping its wings and unleashing Blizzard, a wide, icy wind that deals high damage, knockback, and freezes anyone caught in the blast.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pokeball Pokemon Suggestion: Eternatus

Eternatus would be very rare. When summoned, they would fire off a huge laser which would move from one side of the screen to the other. It would be extremely hard to avoid, but not impossible. There would also be a small chance for it to spawn as Eternamax Eternatus, which would fire a bigger laser

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Pokeball Pokemon Suggestion: Wooloo

Wooloo would move around the stage slowly, using Headbutt when it comes near a fighter. Headbutt would do moderate damage and knockback. Unlike most Pokemon, Wooloo can be attacked. However, because of its thick coat of wool, it takes no damage, but it's very light so it gets knocked back considerably. This means that it's possible for players to try to knock Wooloo into the others' path, making for interesting tactics - if you're heartless enough to attack Wooloo, that is.

I picked Wooloo, frankly, because I find it adorable. And I think I'm not alone in that! From what I gather Wooloo is one of the more popular Pokemon introduced in Sword and Shield. With all that I think Wooloo makes a lot of sense for a role in a new Smash.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Job 10: Centiskorch
1609785426427.png

Centiskorch is a Fire / Bug dual-type Radiator Pokemon introduced in Generation VIII, evolving from Sizzlipede and having a Gigantamax form of its own.It creates flammable gas through fermenting the food in its body, and burning this gas with heat-generating organs along its underside. This causes flames to be expelled from its head and rear.

When summoned with a Poke Ball, Centiskorch will use Inferno. It crawls around the stage and, if it comes close enough to an opponent, it aims a blast of fire at them and engulfs them in violent flames, dealing very heavy damage and knockback. While doing this, Centiskorch's body also heats up, damaging other opponents if they get to close. It will repeat this a few times before it disappears.

I picked Centiskorch because it is easily my favorite Gen VIII Pokemon for how badass it looks, especially in a generation that had a lot of underwhelming designs imo.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well three ideas then:
Dottler, Trick Room: Dottler appears in the background of the stage and uses Trick Room. The Trick Room will switch the speeds of all Fighters on the stage for a short duration. Dottler will vanish when the Trick Room does.
Sandaconda: Sandaconda will appear and use Sandstorm surrounding itself. It will deal minor damage to anyone within its range. If anyone attacks Sandaconda during this, it will attack with it's Sand Spit ability, making it extra hard to defeat. It will leave after a short duration.
Zarude: Zarude will use Jungle Healing on it's summoner, healing them of any status as well as a good 60% on their damage bar. It will then attack a nearby foe with Power Whip and leave.
Top four submissions wins! That being says, please submit only one.
Just one. The top four winning pokemon will get made into a Pokeball pokémon.

can we do Gigantamax forms?
No Gigantamax forms for this one

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't know if this counts, it's technically not a Pokeball but it's tied to it.

NEW POKEMON: GALARIAN STUNFISK
1609786381881.png

Galarian Stunfisk is a Pokemon introduced in Gen 8, and is the latest "mimic" Pokemon. Mimic Pokemon (consisting of the Voltorb line, the Foongus line, and G-Stunfisk) trick players into thinking they're a valuable item, starting a fight. G-Stunfisk in Smash works the exact same way. When it spawns, everything but it's mouth isn't visible, making people think that it's a regular Pokeball. The big giveaways are that it's slightly darker then the regular pokeball, and it doesn't make a sound when it spawns (unlike Pokeballs, which make a notable one as a result of it falling onto the ground). If a player tries to pick it up, Galarian Stunfisk will reveal itself, acting like a bear trap to chomp on it's prey. This attack is very powerful, and you can't really react to it, so the easiest solution is to just ignore it. Galrian Stunfisk de-spawns after successfully chomping on something, after 15 seconds, or a situation occurs that would reveal it's a fake (such as the platform it's hiding in disappearing). It's treated as a Pokeball Pokemon, despite not actually being one (Stunfisk appears when Pokeball items are enabled, can't appear with them disabled, and is put with the Pokeball Pokemon in training mode). Galarian Stunfisk is also marginally more common than the average Pokeball Pokemon.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 10: Appletun

Appletun will be a huge Pokemon, that can ram into opponents dealing large knockback and damage, but being slow.

The cool thing about Appletun is that the Pokeball summoner can attack Appletun aswell, but the Pokeball Summoner will also be healed when doing so (as if they were biting into an apple). Also if destroyed or time expires they will turn into an apple.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 10: Appletun

Appletun will be a huge Pokemon, that can ram into opponents dealing large knockback and damage, but being slow.

The cool thing about Appletun is that the Pokeball summoner can attack Appletun aswell, but the Pokeball Summoner will also be healed when doing so (as if they were biting into an apple). Also if destroyed or time expires they will turn into an apple.
While my original idea wasn’t Appletun...

1609805914189.png

New Pokémon: Flapple

Flapple will emerge from the Pokéball and flies up into the air. From there, will flutter about back and forth and use Grav Apple. This will cause apples to fall from the sky and will do damage and knock opponents downs when hit. The apples can be caught if times though which will actually heal them. The apples will squish when they land which causes the area to become slippery and induces tripping when walked on. On rare occasions, the apples won’t squish when landing and can be picked up and eaten.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
1609810165781.png

New Pokemon: Barraskewda
Barraskewda is a simple Pokemon. Upon being summoned, it acts as a homing missile, making a beeline for the nearest fighter and dealing heavy damage on impact. Barraskewda will continue moving forward until it flies off the edge of the screen. If there are other fighters or Assist Trophies beyond it's target, Barraskewda will angle it's course slightly to try and hit them as well.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I know we are discussing Isaac movesets but I made this set of palette swaps for him. Are we cool with this or does anyone have any better concepts?
3ECB7657-53AB-4D18-9DB1-ADF1D45808DE.png

Blue (Default)
Purple (Based on Ivan)
Red (Based on Jenna)
Yellow (Based on Garret)
Cyan (Based on Mia)
Green (Based on Felix)
White (Based on Alex)
Dark Blue (Based on his older appearance in Dark Dawn)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I know we are discussing Isaac movesets but I made this set of palette swaps for him. Are we cool with this or does anyone have any better concepts?
View attachment 298311

Blue (Default)
Purple (Based on Ivan)
Red (Based on Jenna)
Yellow (Based on Garret)
Cyan (Based on Mia)
Green (Based on Felix)
White (Based on Alex)
Dark Blue (Based on his older appearance in Dark Dawn)
I think they look really cool. Nice job!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be keeping submissions longer than usual. They will close within the next 12 hours.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Okay, here's my submission for Gen 8 Pokemon Pokeball summon.

Job 10

Eiscue!

After emerging from the Pokeball Eiscue will then waddle around the stage back and forth, considering it has a comically large ice cube (Ice Face) on its head it sort of act as a walking punching bag and somewhat delaying your attack when you accidentally hit it, so you can use it as some sort of a cover and has the same exact property as the Black Knight assist, both having super armor but Eiscue won't attack you. But, that wouldn't last very long as if the opponent accidentally hit it 8 times (multi hit attack count) it will exploded and reveal Eiscue's face (Noice Face) looking all worried and terrified with the impact of the explosion freezes everyone around it (sort of like the Powder Snow move) expect the one who summon it before disappearing.

This is probably the closest pokemon to have the same gimmick as in the original game as when getting hit by a physical move it will actually change form to Eiscue's Noice face and fits perfectly into Smash heavy emphasis on brawling and physical combat.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The submission period is finished for the new Pokeball pokémon. Remember, we will be accepting first, second, third, and fourth place so four total! As always, please submit your top three votes and you can vote for your own.

Sirfecth’d Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Cramorant Perkilator Perkilator
Snom/Frosmoth Garteam Garteam
Perrserker cashregister9 cashregister9
Enternatus Otoad64 Otoad64
Wooloo GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741
Centiskorch MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456
Galarian Stunfrisk PeridotGX PeridotGX
Appletun CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Flapple Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Barraskewda SharkLord SharkLord
Eiscue Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Dottler Pokelego999 Pokelego999 (I weren’t with your first Pokémon since you didn’t change it.)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
1. Appletun
2. Wooloo
3. Sirfetch'd

Appletun: A lot of my other self-votes might've been slightly biased, I will admit, But I genuinely want Appletun because I'm slightly tired of how the other pokemon don't require much thinking on the summoner part. If you summon Appletun, you have options of what to do as the summoner. Do you lessen it's health making it easier to K.O. but heal yourself, or just let it live until it dies? Might not be huge, but it's at least something the other Pokemon don't have.

Wooloo: Precious fluff ball that must be protected and is adorable. Plus if I read it right, it's pretty cool to have basically a soccer ball Pokemon that people just kick around, even though it's Wooloo it's still kinda funny.

Sirfetch'd: He has a sword AND shield, what other Pokemon can represent the game better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom