• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I did include a dash attack in my moveset description, incase you still need one.
To comment on a few other things, making Helm/Skull Splitter forward aerial as I described is surley strange, because I mentioned how it would be a stall-and-fall. As for F-air and B-air, I mentioned Bane and Sap when describing Flint, so they could be used, or they could be reiterations of Flint?
Helm Splitter was repurposed in order to get it to fit with the other two movesets. I felt the current Down Aerial was quite unique enough to keep it. Having two attacks that brings Isaac back to the ground also fits with how he plays - a strong ground game. I also removed the Bane and Sap features as they weren’t present in other moves. I felt bad to remove certain aspects but it was done to make a cohesive moveset that incorporates elements from all three proposals.

Voting for Jobs #18 and 19 is closed.

Jenna: 7
Venus Djinn: 4
Alex: 2

Garret:
Mia: 3

Jenna will be a new Golden Sun Assist Trophy abd Farrer will be featured as a Mii Fighter costume. The voting phase of new Kirby stage will finish in several hours.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #20: Submit a Bandana Waddle Dee Proposal

We will be focusing next on proposals regarding Bandana Waddle Dee and how he would play and be portrayed in Smash. Previously with Isaac, we segmented this into three different sections but that is not the case. I hope this will be more streamlined and less confusing. Bandana Waddle Dee proposals will consist of a single job (Job #20) and will have three different sections within it. These are:

Submit a Gameplay and Moveset

This will take on a very different approach than before. While we typically vote on what content we want to see be included, this time we are voting on content that we like. Basically, we will propose gameplay and moveset content for Bandana Waddle Dee. During the voting round, I will display each of the proposals and please indicate which one you liked. The submission with the most “votes” will be what we base Bandana Dee (and other future characters) off from. From there, we will also look at content from the second and third places to include as we did with Isaac.

Content to include is a description on how Bandana Dee would play within a paragraph as well as a description of Specials and the Final Smash. Please try to be specific in your explanations rather than “whips his spear forward.” Please try to explain the mechanics and pros/cons of the attack if possible.

To may also include normals including jabs, dash attacks, smashes, aerials, and grabs but the specials are most important. When working with Isaac, I took a little bit from ahemtoday ahemtoday and WarioJim WarioJim to compensate for what SharkLord SharkLord lacked (Sharklord’s proposal being the basis of Isaac).

Submit a Classic Mode PeridotGX PeridotGX
This will function just as it did with Isaac. That went well for a trial so I want to implement it going forward.

Helper to Hero
The theme is that he's fighting characters who transition from a generic character to that of an unique and personal one, like his own character arc.

Round 1 vs :ultpiranha:
Mushroom Kingdom U

Literally a generic enemy.

Round 2 vs :ultgreninja:
Kalos League

Vaguely implied to be Ash's greninja, but still very generic.

Round 3 vs :ultyoshi:
Yoshi's Island Brawl
There’s Yoshi, but he's identical to a the generic yoshi species.

Round 4 vs :ultrob:
Final Destination

Subspace ROB is slightly different from generic ROBs visually, and very distinct from a character perspective.

Round 5 vs :ultvillager:
Smashville

They can be fully customized.

Round 6 vs :ultkingdedede:
Castle Dedede

Final Battle vs Marx.

Submit Misc Information
This will function just as it did with Isaac. That went well for a trial so I want to implement it going forward. This includes taunts, victory animations, themes, etc

On-Screen Appearance BowserKing BowserKing
1. Bandanna Dee lands in by Parasol.

Idle Animations airConditioner airConditioner
1. Bandana Dee scouts the area (based on an idle animation in Return to Dreamland)
2. Adjusts his Bandana

Taunts
1. Bandana Dee looks around him, loosely mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.
2: Bandana Dee happily waves his arms.
1+2: Bandana Dee falls asleep, thinking about an apple.

Victory Animations
1. He rushes by in a friend train with 3 parasol waddle dees
2. A giant ball of waddle dees rolls by before exploding leaving only Bandana Dee
3. He does a few rapid jabs before holding his spear by his side and sitting down to drink some apple juice

Victory Theme Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Kirby Hat Perkilator Perkilator
Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana.

Boxing Ring Title Perkilator Perkilator
Helper to Hero

Crowd Chant Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
BANDANA! WADDLE DEE! BANDANA! WADDLE DEEEE!!!

Please use a separate post for Gameplay and Moveset Proposal, Classic Mode, and Misc Info

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #22: Submit a track list for Venus Lighthouse and Castle Dedede

It’s time to add some music to the Venus Lighthouse and Castle Dedede. Included in this post is a link to a Google Docs. Venus Lighthouse and, by extension, Golden Sun, will have a total of 18 tracks. As for Kirby, the Kirby series will include 15 additional tracks from the modern games. Please include the name, what game it’s from, and the YouTube video link of the song in the Google Docs.

This is a first come, first serve basis.

I want to make sure to give everyone a chance to add at least one song. If you are to add a second song, please wait after a while before doing so. Also, please don’t remove others songs. I will be keeping track.

Last edited:

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

It’s time to add some music to the Venus Lighthouse and Castle Dedede. Included in this post is a link to a Google Docs. Venus Lighthouse and, by extension, Golden Sun, will have a total of 18 tracks. As for Kirby, the Kirby series will include 15 additional tracks from the modern games. Please include the name and YouTube video link of the song in the Google Docs.

Double-checking, we're allowed to add multiple songs?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Double-checking, we're allowed to add multiple songs?
I want to make sure to give everyone a chance to add at least one song. If you are to add a second song, please wait after a while before doing so. Also, please don’t remove others songs. I will be keeping track.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
For the sake of clarity, I'll note that I added multiple songs at once, but removed all but one after the "wait a while" rule was made clear. I did not remove any songs that weren't mine. I apologize if I caused any confusion.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Phew. Finally decided on one. I haven't played a modern Kirby game, yet I still wanted to contribute in some way.

Did a lot of research and went through several songs, but ultimatley decided on Dried Up Sea from Planet Robobot. It's a nice, funky tune, and apparently it's a prominent enough locale that they used it and the music as a stage in Fighters 2, so...

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Huh. Masked Dedede's theme, which I added, debuted in KSSU, which is before that. Still, I used the Triple Deluxe version, which would be new enough. Is that fine? If not, I can find another song.
Yeah, that should be ok. A lot of the Kirby content in Smash leans heavily on the SNES, GC, and GB era’s with some representation in the more modern games but not a lot. Considering both Bandana Dee and this version of Castle Dedede is based in this modern era, it makes sense to use music from that.

Also, to the thread; don’t forget that we will be proposing Bandana Waddle Dee content including gameplay and movesets, classic mode, and other information.

I have an idea for a Classic Mode route but if someone wants to take it, they can

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
First of all, yes my stage made it in

Second Job 20: On Screen Appearence: Bandanna Dee makes a land in by Parasol

Job 21 or 22: Felix Battle (Golden Sun) and King Dedede Battle/Buff Dedede (Kirby: Star Allies)

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First of all, yes my stage made it in

Second Job 20: On Screen Appearence: Bandanna Dee makes a land in by Parasol

Job 21 or 22: Issac Battle (Golden Sun) and King Dedede Battle/Buff Dedede (Kirby: Star Allies)
We are including these within a Googledocs so people can add them in freely. That being said, I can add Dedede Battle in for you if you can’t. Isaac Battle is already submitted. Link is in my previous post.

Just to clarify, the song is this one...correct?

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Bandana Dee classic mode: Helper to Hero (the theme is that he's fighting characters who get increasingly individual, like his own arc)

Round 1: Pirahna Plant on Mushroom Kingdom U (literally a generic enemy)
Round 2: Greninja on Kalos League (vaguely implied to be Ash's Greninja, but still very generic
Round 3: Yoshi on Yoshi's Island Brawl (there's a Yoshi, but he's identical to a generic yoshi)
Round 4: ROB on Final Destination (Subspace ROB is slightly different from generic ROBs visually, and very distinct from a character perspective)
Round 5: Villager on Smashville (Villager can be fully customized, he's mostly his own being)
Round 6: Kirby in Castle Dedede (Kirby's his own being, symbolizing Bandana Dee now being at that level. This is also a reference to Revenge of the King)
Boss: Marx. Unlike the usual Marx fight, this is on Colloseum in reference to The Arena

I have ideas for the moveset, but i don't have the time to make a full one. i'll post the bullet points for my idea later.

Also, would people be intrested in a Discord server for this?

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bandana Dee classic mode: Helper to Hero (the theme is that he's fighting characters who get increasingly individual, like his own arc)

Round 1: Pirahna Plant on Mushroom Kingdom U (literally a generic enemy)
Round 2: Greninja on Kalos League (vaguely implied to be Ash's Greninja, but still very generic
Round 3: Yoshi on Yoshi's Island Brawl (there's a Yoshi, but he's identical to a generic yoshi)
Round 4: ROB on Final Destination (Subspace ROB is slightly different from generic ROBs visually, and very distinct from a character perspective)
Round 5: Villager on Smashville (Villager can be fully customized, he's mostly his own being)
Round 6: Kirby in Castle Dedede (Kirby's his own being, symbolizing Bandana Dee now being at that level. This is also a reference to Revenge of the King)
Boss: Marx. Unlike the usual Marx fight, this is on Colloseum in reference to The Arena

I have ideas for the moveset, but i don't have the time to make a full one. i'll post the bullet points for my idea later.

Also, would people be intrested in a Discord server for this?
I added that up in Bandana Dee’s section. As for a discord server, I was considering earlier but I wanted to keep this solely on Smashboards instead. If people want to, we can try setting one up

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's my entire moveset that I did for Bandana Dee a while ago. Keep in mind, there are some areas here that others have probably beat me to:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.
Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.
Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
  • King Dedede (Yellow/Red; wears the Spear ability hat)
  • Meta Knight (Purple; wears the Waddle Dee’s sailor hat from Meta Knight’s Revenge)
  • Gooey and Kirby (Blue with a pink bandana)
  • Landia (Red with a Master Crown look-alike)
  • Magolor (Cyan; wears Magolor’s hat)
  • Galacta Knight (Pink with white face)
  • Whispy Woods (Green; wears the Leaf ability hat)
Walk: His walk from the modern Kirby games.
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.
Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.
Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, since he can't fly, his height slightly decreases with each jump.
Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Capture Beam; Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam diagonally upwards in his direction (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target onto the ground (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Power Effect
; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (21%, medium knockback); when used on the ground, the player has complete control of Bandana Dee’s flight, in which he can go in all 8 directions.
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; Bandana Dee punches up to two targets in front of him (8%), and the targets are into a cutscene where Bandana Dee jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground as he falls back down. The punch is so strong, it creates a fissure in the ground (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements
  • Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
  • Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
  • Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
  • Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
  • Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little
Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, loosely mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.
Icon: Kirby series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Helper to Hero
Victory Music: youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU
Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
so I'm thinking about what I want to do for his moveset but I'm goiong to do some misc info in the meantime

Misc Information

Victory Animations

1. He rushes by in a friend train with 3 parasol waddle dees
2. A giant ball of waddle dees rolls by before exploding leaving only Bandana Dee
3. He does a few rapid jabs before holding his spear by his side and sitting down to drink some apple juice

Victory Theme
same as kirby and dedede's

Kirby Hat
Kirby wears Bandana Dee's bandana

Boxing Ring Title
The spear wielding waddler

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here's my entire moveset that I did for Bandana Dee a while ago. Keep in mind, there are some areas here that others have probably beat me to:
Intro: Bandana Dee flies in on his parasol.

Stance/Idle 1: His idle animation from Return to Dream Land onwards.
Idle 2: Bandana Dee stretches his arms.
Idle 3: Bandana Dee admiringly glances at his spear.

Notable Palette Swaps:
  • Bandana Dee (Dee-fault)
  • King Dedede (Yellow/Red; wears the Spear ability hat)
  • Meta Knight (Purple; wears the Waddle Dee’s sailor hat from Meta Knight’s Revenge)
  • Gooey and Kirby (Blue with a pink bandana)
  • Landia (Red with a Master Crown look-alike)
  • Magolor (Cyan; wears Magolor’s hat)
  • Galacta Knight (Pink with white face)
  • Whispy Woods (Green; wears the Leaf ability hat)
Walk: His walk from the modern Kirby games.
Dash: His dash from the modern Kirby games.
Damage: His damage animation from the modern Kirby games.
Jump: His jump from the modern Kirby games; like the rest of the Kirby roster, Bandana Dee can jump up to six times. However, since he can't fly, his height slightly decreases with each jump.
Crouch: His crouch from the modern Kirby games.

Weapon of Choice: Bandana Dee always fights with his trusty spear, but he can also use a parasol and elemental magic as well.

Normal Attacks
Jab: Multispear Thrust; Waddle Dee slashes twice (6%, small knockback), and flurries with multiple spear thrusts (2-3% each, small knockback), and finishes with a straight jab (7%, OK knockback)
Forward+A: Spear Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight forward (8%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Slide; Bandana Dee slides across the ground (5%, small knockback)
Up+A: Skyward Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards (7%, OK knockback)

Aerial Attacks
Air+A: Bandana Dee rapidly spins his spear (9%, OK knockback)
Air Forward+A: Waddle Spear Barrage; Bandana Dee throws two spears in front of him (6% each, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Back Thrust; Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him (10%, OK knockback)
Air Up+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee twirls his parasol (11%, OK knockback); he can also glide with it by holding Up, somewhat like Peach’s, only it deals no damage.
Air Down+A: Moon Drop; Bandana Dee briefly spins his spear, and then drops down (13% with a meteor effect, OK knockback); he gets pushed up when he makes contact, just like the Links.

Dash Attack: Ground Thrust; Bandana Dee dashes a long distance and runs his spear through the ground, thrusting upwards at the end (12%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Bandana Dee thrusts on the edge (9%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Bandana Dee spins on the ground (8%, OK knockback)

Smash Attacks
Forward+A: Aqua Shot; Bandana Dee flaps his parasol as water spouts out of it (16%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Chumbrella; Bandana Dee expands his parasol greatly (18%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Parasol Twirl; Bandana Dee spins his parasol on the ground as winds comes out of it (19%, medium knockback)

Grab Game
Grab: Bandana Dee summons a Beam with his spear.
Pummel: Bandana Dee stabs the target with his spear (2%)
Forwards+Throw: Capture Beam; Bandana Dee shoots a full Beam diagonally upwards in his direction (14%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: Bandana Dee stabs the target onto the ground (15%)
Back+Throw: Bandana Dee lifts up the target with his spear and tosses them behind himself (14%, OK knockback)
Up+Throw: Circus Throw; Bandana Dee spins the target around on his parasol and chucks them upwards (11%, OK knockback)

Special Moves
B : Power Effect
; Bandana Dee selects one element from a menu to effect his attacks. The selection is like Shulk’s Monado Arts, in which Bandana Dee can switch elements on the fly.
B + Forwards : Spear Throw; Bandana Dee throws one spear at a time when B is tapped (5% each, small knockback). When B is held, Bandana Dee charges, and can either throw two (6% each, small knockback) or three at a time (8% each, small knockback)
B + Up : Waddle Copter; Bandana Dee flies around using his spear as a helicopter (21%, medium knockback); when used on the ground, the player has complete control of Bandana Dee’s flight, in which he can go in all 8 directions.
B + Down : Friend Summon; Bandana Dee throws a heart that summons one of two friends: Waddle Doo and Bronto Burt. Bronto Burt charges into enemies (4%, small knockback), while Waddle Doo uses his Beam ability (12%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Megaton Punch; Bandana Dee punches up to two targets in front of him (8%), and the targets are into a cutscene where Bandana Dee jumps high into the air, and then punches the ground as he falls back down. The punch is so strong, it creates a fissure in the ground (55%, devastating knockback).

Gimmick: Power Effect Elements
  • Blizzard: Attacks are slightly slower, but combos can sometimes freeze a target
  • Bluster: Attacks are quicker and the attack power is multiplied by 1.2x, but with more endlag
  • Sizzle: Targets could have a lingering fire effect that slowly raises damage, but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises the longer he’s left idle
  • Splash: Bandana Dee is slower and so are his attacks, but the power is multiplied by 1.4x
  • Zap: Attack power slowly increases with each combo (up to 1.5x), but Bandana Dee’s damage slowly rises little by little
Taunts
1: Bandana Dee looks around him, loosely mimicking his artwork from Return to Dream Land.

Winposes
1: Bandana Dee’s win pose from the Megaton Punch minigame.
2: Bandana Dee spins his spear and raises it upwards, mimicking his summon animation from Star Allies.
3: Bandana Dee spins his spear and triumphantly plants the bottom end on the ground.

Applause: Bandana Dee’s losing animation from the Megaton Punch minigame.
Icon: Kirby series icon
Boxing Ring Title: Hero Among Waddle Dees
Victory Music: youtu.be/CEIwsGXvwfU
Kirby Hat: Bandana Dee’s…well, Bandana. However, Kirby only imitates Bandana Dee’s Side B.
We will be including the moveset when we go to voting but, as for the other content, please feel free to submit it in a separate post.

I did come up with a Bandana Dee palette swap graphic like Isaac but I sadly don’t have the data currently. I will next week. Basically, the first four are his Player color swaps (Green, cyan, and yellow) followed by three color swaps based on common enemy (Gordo, the frosty snowman dude forgot the name), and Burt (that pink flying creature). The last one is a gray monochrome version based on his GB sprites. I plan on going with that one as I already did the colors for it if you don’t mind.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Does anyone have a good resource on Bandana Dee's moveset in Star Allies, maybe a YouTube video or a wiki page? As I do not own the game and want to make a moveset for him that includes a few of those attacks.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will go with the content that Otoad64 Otoad64 provided and will include the taunts that Perkilator Perkilator provided for Bandana Dee.

I have also greenlighted participants including a second song for Golden Sun series. Kirby is currently still on a waiting list but may be lifted in the next few hours.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright, here's my moveset. It's largely based on an old one I made, but I added a couple little touchups. The up aerial, in particular, is based off of a moveset JCKirbs JCKirbs posted in RTC, though it was for the up tilt and not the up aerial.

Bandana Waddle Dee is a relatively simple character, keeping in line with Kirby's easy, casual gameplay. Much like how Kirby is a beginner-friendly character in general, Bandana Dee is a beginner-friendly zoner. He's fairly mobile, with decent speed both on the ground and in the air. He fights with his trusty spear, which sometimes doubles up as a parasol. As a result, he has decently long disjoints, which makes him stand out from the other small characters, who mostly fight at close range. However, he suffers from being light and easy to launch, and his range is balanced by his so-so damage output.

Attributes:
While Bandana Dee lacks any real gimmicks, he does have a handful of noteworthy attributes.
  • Much like Marth's Falchion, Bandana Dee's spear has a sweetspot at the end.
  • Bandana Dee's parasol attacks (Up smash, up aerial, and down special) can reflect projectiles.
  • Bandana Dee has access to a back tilt as well as a forward tilt, based on his Back Thrust attack.
Normals
  • Jab - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward twice.
    • Flurry Attack - Bandana Dee rapidly stabs forward, finishing with a final thrust.
  • Forward Tilt - Bandana Dee jabs his spear forward twice. Resembles Joker's side tilt, but with a spear. A good poking tool.
  • Back Tilt (Back Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear behind him. Deals less damage, but has the longest range of all his ground attacks.
  • Up Tilt (Skyward Thrust) - Bandana Dee thrusts his spear upwards. A quick anti-air tool, it can also be used to get enemies up in the air, like Sephiroth's up tilt.
  • Down Tilt - A slide kick.
  • Dash Attack - Bandana Dee lunges forward and thrusts his spear. Laggy, but one of his strongest ground moves.
Smash Attacks
  • Side Smash - Bandana Dee twirls his spear, then stabs forward.
  • Up Smash - Bandana Dee unfurls his parasol. As mentioned above, this attack covers his head and acts as a barrier, blocking attacks and reflecting projectiles.
  • Down Smash - Bandana Dee spins his spear around himself on the ground. Covers a decent area around him, but the spear's low width makes it hard to hit opponents that aren't grounded.
Aerials
  • Neutral Aerial - Bandana Dee twirls his spear around himself like a fan. Resembles Pit's neutral aerial.
  • Forward Aerial - Bandana Dee swings his spear in front of him. Resembles Byleth's forward aerial.
  • Back Aerial - Bandana Dee rears his spear forward, then smashes the opponent with the blunt end. While slow, it is one of his strongest attacks..
  • Up Aerial (Parasol)- Bandana Dee jabs his parasol above his head. While weak on it's own, this move has some unique attributes and utilities.
    • Holding the button causes him to unfurl the parasol, slowing his descent and granting him great aerial mobility. The parasol also has a weak hitbox; Due to the extremely minor knockback, this move can be used to stunlock enemies and rack up some serious damage. For the sake of balancing, Bandana Dee is sent into freefall after using this move.
    • In addition, releasing the button causes Bandana Dee to let go of the parasol, causing it to fly up. If an opponent touches it, they will take minor damage and be carried upwards, much like Mega Man's up aerial. Do note that the parasol flies up faster than the knockback it deals, so it'll eventually go through the opponent and leave them, so they won't be carried into the blast zone unless really close to it.
  • Down Air (Moon Drop) - A falling stab. While the move can meteor smash, the small hitbox makes it rather tricky to pull off, especially when it's sending Bandana Dee hurling into the blast zone when used off-stage.
Throws
  • Grab - Bandana Dee reaches out and grabs the opponent.
  • Pummel - Bandana Dee sharply jabs the opponent with his spear.
  • Forward Throw - Bandana Dee throws the opponent like a javelin. The thrown opponent can deal damage to the other fighters it hits.
  • Back Throw - A back drop. Resembles Kirby's back throw.
  • Up Throw (Circus Throw) - Bandana Dee juggles the opponent above his head with his parasol, then tosses them upwards.
  • Down Throw (Megaton Punch) - Bandana Dee jumps up and punches the opponent. Buries opponents.
Specials
  • Neutral Special (Spear Throw) - Bandana Dee throws his spear like a javelin. Charging it will increase the power, distance amount of spears thrown, maxing out at three.
  • Side Special (Parasol Drill) - Bandana Dee rushes forward, holding his parasol in front of him. The parasol will reflect projectiles, making it a great move for defense and approaches.
  • Up Special (Waddle Copter) - Bandana Dee spins his spear above his head, propelling him into the air. Can be charged to increase distance. After entering freefall, he slowly spins the spear above his head, dealing light damage to whoever touches it.
  • Down Special (Ground Spear) - Bandana Dee stabs his spear into the ground, then rushes forward, finishing by swinging the spear out of the ground. Pressing the attack button in the middle of the move causes him to transition into a pole vault.
    • Crescent Swing - Using this move in the air causes Bandana Dee to swing his spear in an arc above his head. resembles Byleth's aerial side special.
  • Final Smash (Waddle Dee Army) - Bandana Dee calls forth an army of Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, and various other Kirby enemies to assault the stage. Effectively the same as Dedede's Final Smash from Brawl, though with a bit more enemy variety.

D

Deleted member

If there's anything that I don't like than characters I want not in Smash, it's the Breidablik not being an item in Smash.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #23: Submit a Mii Fighter Outfit for One of the Following Franchises

Currently, Metal Gear Solid, PAC-MAN, Street Fighter Bayonneta, and Castlevania lacks a Mii Fighter outfit. Let’s change that. Please pick between submit between one Mii Fighter outfit from the following series. We will be including the top 3 after voting

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #23: Akuma Mii Brawler (Street Fighter)

While Akuma isn’t one of the original fighters like Balrog, Blanka, Chun, M. Bison, Sagat, Guile, or Dhalsim, it is certainly one of the most important characters in the series. He was pivotal in setting both Ryu and Ken in their respective paths when he killed their master and his brother, Gouken. Akuma isn’t exactly an evil character per say - he just seeks extremely strong opponents and to kill them with his Satsui no Hado.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 23: Mother Fairy (Pac-Man) (because God has abandoned us all)
1610716158019.png

Mother Fairy would be a Mii Sowrdfighter costume, "borrowing" Mappy's stick to fight with.
Having Mother Fairy would be cool because even though we have a one-winged Angel, we don't have any two-winged angels. Not a single one.

We should have her as she's important to the Pac-Man series, at least enough to be included in Smash Bros. Ultimate and to appear in Pac-Man Monsters.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job #23: Alucard (Castlevania) for Mii Swordfighter
SSBU_spirit_Alucard.png

Half vampire and son of Dracula (his name is litterally just "Dracula" backwards), Alucard has been a prominent part of the Castlevania series since his debut in Castlevania III, but really made a name for himself after his his starring role in the greatly lauded and influential Castlevania Symphony of the Night.

According to Sakurai, Alucard was actually considered for playable status to represent the Castlevania series as a whole, but ultimatley went with the Belmonts and relegated him to an assist trophy. Why not throw another bone to his fans and give him a mii swordfighter outfit?

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Job 23: Mii Fighter Outfit From Select Franchises
Untitled.png

Raiden from Metal Gear
Even as someone who has pretty much no experience with Metal Gear, this seems like a pretty obvious choice. Invoke his Metal Gear Rising design; make everything below the head look cybernetic, give him the chin guard and eye-covering sash thing for the "hat," and of course use that neat little mechanical katana.

D

Deleted member

It’s time to add some music to the Venus Lighthouse and Castle Dedede. Included in this post is a link to a Google Docs. Venus Lighthouse and, by extension, Golden Sun, will have a total of 18 tracks. As for Kirby, the Kirby series will include 15 additional tracks from the modern games. Please include the name, what game it’s from, and the YouTube video link of the song in the Google Docs.

Last edited:

I’m not considered part of the “developer partners” but would it be okay if I added a song for both series? (I have added anything yet)

Also, the official title for Star Dream Soul OS is ‘Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection’, most songs have official OST titles, so I’d recommend checking them before adding the song to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m not considered part of the “developer partners” but would it be okay if I added a song for both series? (I have added anything yet)

Also, the official title for Star Dream Soul OS is ‘Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection’, most songs have official OST titles, so I’d recommend checking them before adding the song to the list.
The whole developer thing is more so to prioritize the voices of people who regularly participate rather than drive-in posters who post once. Thankfully it has yet to be an issue. That being said, feel free to add to the music list!

To the thread, Bandana Waddle Dee moveset abd xontent submissions will close in 24 hours. We have two total submissions so if you still intend to, please get them in as soon as you can

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee Moveset Concept
I envision Bandana Waddle Dee as a character with the floatiness of Kirby and the disjoints of a swordfighter. He would primarily wield his trusty spear, but also whip out his parasol from Battle Royale, and a few other tricks. His spear attacks would have a sweetspot on the blade, but the hitboxes would tend to be pretty narrow, making it difficult to hit jumping opponents (ducking opponents wouldn't be much of an issue with how short Bandana Dee is).
His general strengths would lie in his good recovery and his ability to space out opponents. His weaknesses would be his light weight and somewhat low speed of movement and attacking.
  • Normals
    • Neutral attack: Spear Thrust
      • Bandana Dee swings his spear forward, then unleashes a barrage of stabs for a rapid jab that ends with a single lunge forward.
    • Forward tilt: Pinpoint Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear as far forward as he can muster. Better range than other spear attacks.
    • Up tilt: Skyward Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear straight above himself.
    • Down tilt: Slide
      • Bandana Dee slides forward with his foot out, much like Cloud/Min Min/etc.
    • Dash attack: Ground Thrust
      • Bandana Dee plunges his spear into the ground in front of himself, then slides forward. Slightly laggy for a dash attack, but can knock opponents upward.
  • Smash Attacks
    • Forward smash: Gale Thrust
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his spear forward with enough power to carry himself forward a short distance.
    • Up smash
      • Bandana Dee thrusts his parasol above his head and opens it. Doesn't reach far, but covers almost the entire space just above Dee's head.
    • Down smash
      • Bandana Dee scrapes his spear on the ground around himself, making two rotations. His weakest smash attack, but it can knock foes upward.
  • Aerials
    • Neutral aerial: Windmill
      • Bandana Dee flips upside down and twirls his spear below himself. More powerful below Bandana Dee than on his sides, and cannot attack upward.
    • Forward aerial: Multispear Thrust
      • Bandana Dee quickly thrusts forwards multiple times. Each thrust has a different angle, making the attack hit a wider space than others.
    • Back aerial: Back Thrust
      • Bandana Dee spins around in the air and thrusts his spear straight forward.
    • Up aerial: Parasol Drift
      • Bandana Dee opens his parasol above his head, decreasing his fall speed until he takes another action. This attack only deals damage when the parasol is initially opened.
    • Down aerial: Moon Drop
      • Bandana Dee spins in midair before dropping downwards spear first. Carries opponents along.
  • Grab & Throws
    • All of Bandana Waddle Dee's throws are based on the Parasol ability's "Circus Throw" attack, where one balances the victim on top of the opened parasol before using it to fling them in whatever direction.
    • The exception is the down throw, which is instead based on the Parasol Twirl attack: Bandana Dee jumps up and drills the parasol into his opponent.
    • Dee's throws are not his strong suit; they don't serve well as kill throws and aren't the most reliable for combos.
  • Special Attacks
    • Neutral special: Parasol Swing
      • Bandana Dee swings his parasol forward. The attack itself isn't very strong, but it's faster than most of his other attacks, and the parasol can block attacks/negate projectiles. In addition, if B is held, Bandana Dee will hold the parasol out in front of himself after the swing and can move around with it (though he can't dash or midair jump). Bandana Dee cannot turn while holding the parasol; it must stay in the direction the attack was initially made until the parasol is put away. After the swing animation is complete, contact with the parasol will not deal damage.
    • Side special: Waddle Spear Throw
      • Bandana Dee throws his spear forwards. Charging the attack allows three spears to be thrown at once (Waddle Triple Throw). In midair, the attack can be performed rapidly, though with lower damage (Waddle Spear Barrage). The spears pierce through opponents, but only deal damage once per opponent.
    • Up special: Waddle Copter
      • Bandana Dee leaps upward and spins his spear above his head, causing him to rise upward for a time before slowly descending (during the descent, the spear’s attack speed and damage is decreased). Similar to K. Rool's Propellerpack, but it can be charged to increase the height of the initial leap and allows for greater horizontal movement at the cost of the ascent being a bit slower.
    • Down special: Beam Whip
      • Bandana Dee swings his spear from high to low as an electric aura covers the tip (resembling the Zap effect from Star Allies), swinging a long-range electric whip off of it. This attack is rather slow, but it reaches far and can hit high above him at the start (and even below him slightly at the very end). The beam can drag opponents along.
  • Final Smash: Bandana Star Blaster
    • Based on the Buddy Star Blaster from Kirby Fighters 2 (which in turn was based on the Star Allies Sparkler from Star Allies). Bandana Dee signals towards the screen, and an orange-and-blue version of the Buddy Star Blaster flies from the foreground to the background in front of him. Any opponents hit by it are caught in a version of the Buddy Star Blaster cinematic (with Bandana Dee manning the Bandana Star Blaster alone).

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 23: Medusa Head (Castlevania)

Technically it is a hat that anyone can use, but it resembles the mask closely and it is great with customization. The Medusa are amoung the many enemies I need Castlevania, so I think they can work.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Job 23: Chun-Li

One of the most iconic charters from the street fighter series. There has been light rumors going around she may be one of the next additions in fighters pass, but if that doesn't come to pass she still deserves representation in some way. Many will argue she should be a fighter and if so, fair enough (in fact why not both? There are many characters that overlap, Chrom, Falcon, K Rool etc.). But if not, this character deserves at least a little something as compensation.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Bandana Waddle Dee Moveset

Specials:

Down B: Element Change
Why am I starting with Down B you ask? Well because it's how you use BWD's gimmick!
Pressing Down B will let you choose an element to give to his spear. either fire, ice or electric, giving different effects for all of his attacks that use his spear

fire gives it burn damage, ice can freeze and electric makes it so electricity shoots off from the spear giving it an expanded hitbox

This is merely temporary, however when it runs out you can use Down B again immediately, only thing is activating the element isn't instant, and you are forced to stand in place making you vulnerable.

Neutral B: Waddle Spear Throw
He throws a spear in an arc, it's relatively easy to avoid and doesn't have overly great knockback but does quite a lot of damage, holding the button down makes it so he throws 3.

Side B: Aqua Shot
Bandana Dee swings his Parasol foward releasing a large bubble of water, the parasol does decent damage but has a little bit of endlag, and the bubble only does knockback.

Up B: Waddlecopter
Bandana Dee shoots up and spins his spear like a helicopter, slowly decending down, holding down the button will cause bandana dee to go higher. While in the air his spear will damage anyone who touches it

Normals:

Jab/Multijab:
Bandana Dee thrusts his spear foward, then unleashes a flurry of jabs with his spear before finishing with a powerful thrust

Foward Tilt:
Bandana Dee rushes his spear forward along the ground, it has slow startup but has great range

Up Tilt:
Bandana Dee swings his parasol above his head. doesn't do much damage but has good knockback

Down Tilt:
Bandana Dee twirls the parasol underneath him, heavily damaging anyone that comes into contact with him but doing little knockback

Dash Attack:
Bandana Dee dashes forward at a high speed while twirling the parasol in front of him. this does good knockback but not too much percent

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash:
Bandana Dee swings his Parasol in front of him, doing good damage and knockback

Up Smash:
Bandana Dee thrust his spear upwards, does great damage but has a little endlag

Down Smash:
Bandana Dee holds his spear in front of him and spins in a circle. hitting anyone on either side of him, it's quite ranged as well

Aerials:

Neutral Air:
Bandana Dee twirls his spear, hitting anyone who comes into contact with him

Foward Air:
Bandana Dee thrust his spear in a foward arc, as if he is about to throw it.

Back Air:
Bandana Dee pokes his (closed) parasol backwards, this does quite a lot of knockback

Up Air:
Bandana Dee pokes his parasol upwards before opening it.

Down Air:
Bandana Dee does a short spin and drops downwards towards the ground with his spear extended downwards, of course referencing the moondrop

Final Smash:

Megaton Punch:

Bandana Dee charges with his spear extended, if he hits anyone they're transported to a cinematic Final Smash where they land on a slab of stone in the megaton punch arena, Bandana Dee then jumps and punches the slab, (and you by extension) splitting it in half, the camera then zooms out to show planet popstar splitting in half, dealing massive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom