• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mostly use Gimp for this sort of work.

To the rest of the thread, I added the amounts of spots total for each category minus Spirits and music. You ca check those out on the OP.

I do have a huge favor to ask if someone has the free time. Could we start going through the music and listing musical tracks in chronological order from date of release? This also means grouping songs based on titles.
I could do this. What do you mean grouping based on titles though?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I could do this. What do you mean grouping based on titles though?
For example, Kirby is a mixture of various songs from various games with numerous Star Allies songs but not grouped together. I want to try grouping together songs based on titles and then organizing these groups into chronological order based on release date. I’ll also be working on this when I can. The hardest will be Other lol.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
For example, Kirby is a mixture of various songs from various games with numerous Star Allies songs but not grouped together. I want to try grouping together songs based on titles and then organizing these groups into chronological order based on release date. I’ll also be working on this when I can. The hardest will be Other lol.
So I would order them by release date, and for those songs from the same game order them by alphabetical order?

Sorry for all these questions, I wanna make sure I don't screw up

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I would order them by release date, and for those songs from the same game order them by alphabetical order?

Sorry for all these questions, I wanna make sure I don't screw up
I don’t think alphabetical order is necessary but, for example, it makes sense for the game’s main theme song to be included at the top of the group while the final battle or credits song is ordered to the bottom. If you check the doc, I did them for Pokémon, DK, Metroid, Zelda, and Starfox.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot Moveset

Specials:

Neutral B: Spin

Crash's most iconic move, the spin attack!

Crash will spin in place for a couple seconds, damaging anyone who touches him.

This move also reflects projectiles

Side B: Hog Wild

Crash mounts a hog which will charge foward.

This move isn't cancelable, but you can turn and jump on the Hog and it doesn't go off ledges.

If Crash is hit while on the hog he'll fly foward

The hog will disappear when it hits someone or after a couple of seconds

Down B: Fruit Bazooka

Crash fires his fruit bazooka.

It launches a wumpa fruit foward which can launch fighters quite far

Up B: Jetpack

Crash shoots upwards with his trusty jetpack, before it disappears, sending crash into free fall

Only the top of Crash deals damage.

Normals:

Jab:

flails his arms foward in a flurry of punches.

It isn't very ranged but does quite a bit of damage

Foward Tilt:

for his foward tilt he kicks his leg foward and then does a sweep kick

it has a teeny bit of startup lag but does quite a bit of percent

Up Tilt:

Crash slams two crates together above him, both of which break.

Doesn't do too much damage but does quite a bit of knockback

Down Tilt:

The Down Tilt references the Super Slide!

It's similar to Mega Man's, but it's slower and goes farther

Dash Attack:

Crash does a wheelie on his motorcycle, before stopping in place.

This move can bury.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash:

Crash kicks a TNT crate forward which then explodes, sending his opponents flying.

This has a little end lag as Crash is also hit by the blast.

Down Smash:

Two crates appear next to Crash and drop next to him before breaking

Up Smash:

Crash preforms the Death Tornado Spin.

it is a more powerful version of the normal spin which rises him upwards slightly.

Aerials:

Neutral Air:

Crash spins in midair.

it's much faster and weaker then his other spin moves, and has a smaller hitbox

Foward Air:

Crash swipes his arm in a foward arc.

Similar to Mario's but doesn't go as far and doesn't spike

Back Air:

A simple backwards kick that launches fairly far.

Up Air:

Crash does a handstand on a launch crate which launces him up and he kicks upwards.

The crate then breaks and creates a small hitbox.

Down Air:

Crash does his signature belly flop.

it has a bit of endlag but other than that it's a great move.

Pummel and Throws:

Pummel:

Crash shoots you with his fruit bazooka

Foward Throw:

Crash spins you around before kicking you away

Back Throw:

Crash slams you onto a nitro crate behind him

Down Throw:

Refrences the Humiliskate from Crash Twinsanity

Crash jumps on your back and slides you away and kicks you into the air

Up Throw:

References the Rollerbrawl also from Twinsanity.

Crash fights with you in a ball before punching you out

Final Smash:

Crate Bash:

Crash gets Aku Aku's invincibiltiy power and a bunch of crates fall out of the sky damaging everyone else.

Crash can still move during this

TNT and Nitro crates occasionally spawn and explode on contact

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don’t think alphabetical order is necessary but, for example, it makes sense for the game’s main theme song to be included at the top of the group while the final battle or credits song is ordered to the bottom. If you check the doc, I did them for Pokémon, DK, Metroid, Zelda, and Starfox.
Ohhhh gotcha, I'll get on it right away then!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Most of the songs are now in order! I left the Other section for tomorrow, but the rest is done.

I also took the liberty of adding one song to Metal Gear. Btw Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom what are the rules about adding music? As I understand it it's limited to one track per series per person, right?

Oh, and someone just wrote "The Devoted" in the Fire Emblem section, with no link and no mention of which game it is from. Both Radiant Dawn and Shadows of Valentia have songs with that name, so I just left it there as it was.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Most of the songs are now in order! I left the Other section for tomorrow, but the rest is done.

I also took the liberty of adding one song to Metal Gear. Btw Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom what are the rules about adding music? As I understand it it's limited to one track per series per person, right? Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Oh, and someone just wrote "The Devoted" in the Fire Emblem section, with no link and no mention of which game it is from. Both Radiant Dawn and Shadows of Valentia have songs with that name, so I just left it there as it was.
Ah that was probably me. I will change it. Basically, if you added a track, went for the cap to increase. However, if you don’t see a spot being taken and it’s been a few days after you posted a song for that series, then you can add another song.

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom will we be doing a poll for Morshu?
I wasn’t planning on it as the character is a rather obscure one and doesn’t seem like a character that needs to be voted upon.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
It always upset me how Young Link, despite having so many OoT items he can use-that's not even mentioning his freaking masks-he's a carbon copy of adult Link, who isn't even from the same Zelda timeline anymore. So I vote him.
I also voted for Bowser, because while I love the character curretnly and think he fits the description of "fighter that feels like a boss battle", he doesn't have enough attacks from his own series as I'd like him to. We could give him a fireball instead of flamethrower, and maybe have him use some Tanooki Bowser or Meowser attacks. I also think incorporating hammers from his first appearance would be really cool.
Ganondorf I think is fine as he is, though if we do rework him, I think all he needs is Dead Man's Volley, an iconic part of his OoT appearance that for some reason goes unused.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Gonna go with Luigi and Ganondorf.

For Luigi, I would have him use more of his Poltergust like for example, using the Elemental Medals and riding on it like in Boolossus's fight.
(Water, Fire and Ice)

Ganondorf, have him use his trident from Hyrule Warriors's incarnation and dark magic powers.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
If we're voting then I guess I have to go with Wario.

Despite his playstyle entirely being a glutton and farts it mostly taken from his WarioWare appearance which is kinda ashame considering that the source material for that game is pretty limited other than Wario-Man while on the other side there's a whole series called WarioLand where we actually see Wario fighting with his ability. Maybe he could uses Smash's status effect as an advantage among other stuff.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If we're voting then I guess I have to go with Wario.

Despite his playstyle entirely being a glutton and farts it mostly taken from his WarioWare appearance which is kinda ashame considering that the source material for that game is pretty limited other than Wario-Man while on the other side there's a whole series called WarioLand where we actually see Wario fighting with his ability. Maybe he could uses Smash's status effect as an advantage among other stuff.
Wario isn't in the poll.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I went with Luigi, because he has too many random moves he doesn't make sense to have and doesn't use enough stuff from Luigi's Mansion, and Donkey Kong, because he doesn't reference his games enough and is mostly just a gorilla in Smash

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Wario isn't in the poll.
Then I guess I'll pass, I'm going to use that for later. For now Toon Link is my choice.

Just like Young Link, Toon Link is just a carbon copy of the old Link which is something of a waste potential cause he has a lot of ability in his Toon Zelda games including the ones where that game's Toon Link is not specifically the original Toon Link cause there's no difference between them which helps him alot considering that he has more game appearance than Young Link.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
As for the voting, I thought I had more time, so sorry about that

Anyways, a new spirit

Spirit: Midbus (Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story)
Spirit Type: Defence Ace
Spirit Effect: He can evolve after reaching level 99
Evolves into Ice Midbus (Shield Legend) (Increases Power in all Specials)
Spirit Battle: Red :ultbowser: and:ultiggy:(representing Fawful)
Rules: The enemy starts with a Freezie (Bowser)
The Enemy’s punch Attacks are more powerful (Bowser)
The Enemy prefers down specials (Bowser)
Defeat the Main Fighter to win (Bowser)
Arena: Bowser’s Castle
OST: Tough Guy Alert

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
I voted for Samus and Bowser. The latter especially needs it. I always thought Bowser it smash was fine, but I never noticed how little they actually pulled from his boss battles and various appearances. Most of his attacks are just generic swipes, dropkicks, and thrusting out his shell. He doesn't even have his proper voice clips (a pet peeve with DK as well), he just sounds like a random screeching monster with no personality. After seeing this custom Rivals of Aether character I realized just how much better Bowser could be represented.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please note that Crash moveset and stage proposals will end in less than 24 hours. From there, we will vote on which one to go with. We will then start working on Stylist.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm bored, so I'm going to post Steve's alternate colors.

Male Jesse (Minecraft Story mode)
Calorie (Minecraft Dungeons)
Skeleton (Minecraft)
Piglin(Minecraft: the Nether Update)

The first two appear after Steve and Alex but before the mobs, and Skeleton and Piglin are after Zombie but before Enderman.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'll do some, they sound fun! (Not sure if we're going to handle this differently in the future though, or if everyone just submits skins whenever they want since we're adding so many)

Sonic (with sunglasses and high top shoes, like in Riders)
Sonic (with Soap Shoes, like in Adventure 2)
Sonic (with a scarf and bandages, like in his Boom redesign)
Sonic (slightly lighter shade of blue, black eyes, and buckle-less shoes, like his pre-Sonic Adventure design.)

Otoad64

Smash Lord
since people are doing skins I'll do some of my ideas:

Mario:
Fire Mario
Classic Colors Mario
Red Star Mario
Boxer Shorts Mario

Yoshi:
Black Yoshi
Orange Yoshi
White Yoshi
Brown Yoshi

Luigi:
Ice Luigi

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't know if changing Kirby would be the best idea. Kirby is the beginner character, the one that everyone who's never played a Smash game gravitates towards. Changing his normals I'm not against-they changed his dash attack in Ultimate, after all-but his specials are kinda what makes his character. Changing those would make those who don't play Smash very much feel a bit uncomfortable with him. I'm not saying we should do this with other characters, I just think Kirby is the one character that shouldn't have his specials changed.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I don't know if changing Kirby would be the best idea. Kirby is the beginner character, the one that everyone who's never played a Smash game gravitates towards. Changing his normals I'm not against-they changed his dash attack in Ultimate, after all-but his specials are kinda what makes his character. Changing those would make those who don't play Smash very much feel a bit uncomfortable with him. I'm not saying we should do this with other characters, I just think Kirby is the one character that shouldn't have his specials changed.
I get what you mean, but I think as long as his specials are simple enough to understand they'd get the hang of it, besides Mario is also a character meant for beginners and we changed him.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'll bite:
  • Fire Mario (white)
  • Jumpman (blue)
  • Mushroomy Kingdom (tan)
  • Tanooki Mario (alt)
  • Pajamas (alt)
  • Paula (alt. pink)
  • Jeff (alt. green)
  • Poo (alt. black)
  • Classic (Color 8)
  • Caeda (Classic cyan)
  • Jagen (Classic red)
  • Gharnef (Classic green)
  • Medeus (Classic yellow)
  • Masked Lucina (alt)
  • Chrom (Masked white)
  • Robin (Masked black)
  • Risen (Masked purple)
  • P5 Biker
  • P5 Overalls
  • P6 Biker
  • P6 Overalls
  • Tails (yellow)
  • Knuckles (red)
  • Amy (pink)
  • Mephiles (gray)
  • P5 Olimar (Brawl)
  • P6 Olimar (Brawl)
  • Louie (Alph blue)
  • Plasm Wraith (Alph yellow)
  • 4 of his missing Wireframe alts to match the 6 non-Wireframe alts he has
  • Blinky (red)
  • Inky (blue)
  • Pinky (pink)
  • Clyde (orange)
  • Validar (Male purple)
  • Emmeryn (Female green)
  • Walhart (Male red)
  • Black Mage (Female cyan)
  • Future Connected (alt.)
  • Melia (FC white)
  • Kino (FC green)
  • Nene (FC pink)
  • Other M (purple)
  • Omega Ridley (gray)
  • Proteus Ridley (purple/red)
  • Brawl Ridley (blue/orange)
  • Kaptain K. Rool
  • Baron K. Rooleinstein
  • King Krusha K. Rool
  • Super Sluggers K. Rool
  • Sojiro Sakura (pink)
  • Sae Nijima (gray)
  • Mrs. Kawakami (yellow)
  • Kasumi Yoshizawa (red)
  • Garou (alt)
  • Rock Howard (alt red)
  • Hotaru Futaba (alt blue)
  • Mr. Karate (alt black)
  • Jeralt (Male orange)
  • Rhea (Female white)
  • Flame Emperor (Male black)
  • Kronya (Female purple)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Will any characters’ alts be completely changed? Because I had an idea for Pac-Man’s alts (having 4 different Pac-people from the Pac-Man universe, (Pac, Ms., Jr., and Professor) with each having an oven mitts alt as well)

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Here are some skins for a few other fighters.

Bowser:
Dry Bowser

Sonic:
Metal Sonic (Modern)
Metal Sonic (Classic)
Classic Sonic

Steve:
Herobrine
Creeper (The one in the suit)
Skeleton
Mario Skin

Link:
Shirtless Skin

Mewtwo:
Shadow Mewtwo
Movie Version (Metal Suit in Project M)

K Rool:
Boxer Outfit
Doctor Outfit
Pirate Outfit

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Will any characters’ alts be completely changed? Because I had an idea for Pac-Man’s alts (having 4 different Pac-people from the Pac-Man universe, (Pac, Ms., Jr., and Professor) with each having an oven mitts alt as well)
I have no idea.
I don't think this was a properly announced job, so we may have to wait for input from Venus before we continue.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Pretty sure Venus hasn't announced the job for adding more colors yet, but well, if everyone's doing it why not add in some of my suggestions.

Terry Bogard's 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th alt would feature his main look and alternate colors from Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Terry's 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th alts respectively:
Garou: Mark of the Wolves/Terry - Shoryuken Wiki

Now there would be some inconsistencies with some in-game animations where he utilizes his hat, let me request some new poses that would be used instead of the ones where he uses his hat in some way when using these alternate costumes. Just like how there's a different taunt and victory animation between both Byleths. I suggest:
Where the Animation would be used + DescriptionThe Animation
Down-Taunt:
Terry will just turn around and lean on his right leg.
terry-xi-pose.gif
Victory Animation #1:
Terry punches the ground three times and bows once the announcer says his name.
terry-motw-combo-taunt.gif
Victory Animation #2 and #3:
Terry takes his pilot jacket and hangs it over his right shoulder.
One variant would just be a view of his back where he ends up glancing behind him.
The other variant would have a perspective of his front.
terry0.gif

If this sounds a bit too ambitious, I'd be glad to suggest some recolors for his main look in Smash instead. I know when we'll start allowing something like this it'd open the floodgates for others to have more extreme changes to their own alternate costumes, so I'm open for any objections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom