• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Down Special: Butt Drop

Functions similar to Bowser Bomb but Mario will perform a flip in the air before landing down on his butt. It gives Mario superarmor as he plummets to the ground It doesn’t do as much damage as Bowser Bomb but it’s great for anti-aerials, placement, and giving Mario protection in close comfort zone.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Bowser's Castle
Untitled.png

Above is a picture of the layout - though you should note that this would, in fact, be a 3D stage using up-to-date graphics. I just used SMB's sprites since I'm not able to draw that.

This stage would take place on the exterior of Bowser's Castle, with a magmatic volcano background and the rest of the castle - including a massive stone statue of Bowser - looming in the middle distance. As you can see, the main stage is composed of two solid towers, with a bridge connecting them. The bridge is thick and iron, so you can't drop down through it - though if you somehow end up under it, you can jump back up through it. Above this, a soft platform that starts in the center slowly drifts horizontally across the stage.

There are a few gimmicks to this stage. One is based on the New Super Mario Bros. games. A volcano in the background will erupt and cause small meteors to fall slowly down from the top of the screen. They can be dodged easily, but doing so makes the battle a little more complicated.

The other gimmick is based on the original Super Mario Bros. Periodically, an axe will appear on one side of the stage, next to the bridge. If you hit it, the bridge will collapse, making the stage into two separate platforms for a while. Eventually, a new bridge will extend from the sides of the tower.

These gimmicks can't occur simultaneously. The volcano will never erupt while the axe is there or the bridge is down, and the axe will never appear while meteors are falling.

There's one more unusual thing about this stage - the lava. Effectively, as long as you're below the lava, it'll gradually increase your percent with fire damage (though it won't cause you to flinch). This won't matter much, since if you're down there you're basically dead anyway, but it isn't Bowser's Castle without lava.

When hazards are off, the volcano will never erupt, axes will never appear, and the lava won't deal any damage. Effectively, it becomes a wide stage with one slowly drifting platform.

Overall, the name of the game on Bowser's Castle is adapting to the changes in the fight, all of which are slow and highly telegraphed, but force you to change up your strategy and movement to deal with them. I think this take on Bowser's Castle has plenty to set it apart while still feeling like one of the most foundational places in gaming.

D

Deleted member

Final Smash: Super Star

The most iconic power-up, for the most iconic hero. Mario starts flashing a variety of colours, and his speed increases alongside gaining invulnerability. If Mario touches anyone in this state, they get launched away.

While this Final Smash is active, a rendition of the star theme plays.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Final Smash: T-Rex Rampage
images - 2021-01-24T111432.392.jpeg

Mario jumps off stage and a T. Rex with Mario's hat and mustache lets out a roar as the theropod stomps around the stage biting opponents and tail swiping as well charging at high speed sends them flying away. The Final Smash ends with Mario jumping out of the dinosaur as it leaves the screen.
(You control the T-Rex just like Giga Bowser, Super Dragon Yoshi, the Landmaster and Super Sonic back in Brawl.)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Final Smash: T-Rex Rampage
View attachment 300393

Mario jumps off stage and a T. Rex with Mario's hat and mustache lets out a roar as the theropod stomps around the stage biting opponents and tail swiping as well charging at high speed sends them flying away. The Final Smash ends with Mario jumping out of the dinosaur as it leaves the screen.
(You control the T-Rex just like Giga Bowser, Super Dragon Yoshi, the Landmaster and Super Sonic back in Brawl.)
This reminds me of something I was wondering earlier.
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Will transformation Final Smashes return, such as Giga Bowser and Super Sonic and Warioman? If so, should we make any necessary balance changes to them?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't really like the idea of the "first come first serve" stuff. I couldn't submit my idea for the trailers solely because I was asleep at the time.

Anyways... Mario. The key tenets of Mario's Smash playstyle are being something of a simple rookie character (though unlike Kirby, his tools have a lot of hidden depth), and combo chains. Going with that...

Side Special: Cappy Throw. Mario throws cappy forward about a Battlefield platform and a half, dealing moderate damage. There's no posession aspect, and you can't jump on Cappy anymore. The most intresting aspect is that unlike most projectiles, Cappy stays in the same place for awhile. For up to 7 seconds, Cappy floats in the same place, doing weak rapid damage (think of a scaled down version of PK Fire). To give you an example of how this can be used, Mario can throw Cappy off the stage, grab and throw the opponent, get the opponent caught in Cappy, and spike them with forward air. You can recall cappy with another press of side b, which also has a hitbox (though the damage is in the direction cappy is returning, so it's rare the recall is a viable kill move). It's a very simple move with a high skill celling to usage.

(i'd also port a weakened cape to f-tilt, like how mario tornado is a down air)

I don't have anything for Down B, but if i get something i'll edit it in and announce the change in the discord. As for Final Smash, those kinds of moves don't really serve any purpose but the cool factor, so i'll use it to balance the representation. The most poorly represented main series mario game is, to my knowledge, is 3D World, so that's what we'll go with.

Final Smash: Mega POW Block. (we don't really know much about God Slayer Mario so i'm not going with that). Coming from the final boss of 3D World, a gigantic POW Block appears above Mario's head. Every time he presses the attack button, he jumps and activates the POW block, damaging all grounded foes (the third and final hit dealing the most damage and most easily KOing). The easy counterplay is to just jump, but Mario can wait, and there are three hits so one whiff isn't the biggest loss.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This reminds me of something I was wondering earlier.
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom Will transformation Final Smashes return, such as Giga Bowser and Super Sonic and Warioman? If so, should we make any necessary balance changes to them?
Very good question and one that I forgot to address. In fact, it was something I failed to consider. Since we aren’t constrained by resources or system limitations, we can include transformation Final Smashes as well as install Final Smashes (Mega Lucario, Zero Suit Samus Power Ship, Super Sonic, etc)

Perkilator Perkilator I feel your Final Smash works well as a transformation Final Smash rather than a cinematic. It’s your decision but feel free to change it if you want.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Since we aren’t constrained by resources or system limitations, we can include transformation Final Smashes as well as install Final Smashes (Mega Lucario, Zero Suit Samus Power Ship, Super Sonic, etc)
If I recall correctly, transformation Final Smashes weren't removed due to system limitations, but due to a desire to streamline them to keep them from hijacking too much gameplay time and encourage their use in competitive play. Are we assuming this philosophy has changed? (Or am I actually remembering wrong?)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If I recall correctly, transformation Final Smashes weren't removed due to system limitations, but due to a desire to streamline them to keep them from hijacking too much gameplay time and encourage their use in competitive play. Are we assuming this philosophy has changed? (Or am I actually remembering wrong?)
That was the reason that was given but I wouldn’t be surprised that there could of been system limitations or, perhaps, Not enough resources To imement them.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Well, Sakurai said the interrupted gameplay too much...before turning literally all of them into a cutscene. So I think it was a hardware thing, yeah.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Ok, so, I voted OVER 9,000 costumes per character. Let me explain myself.
How about we include 8 or maybe 9 costumes pre-made, but let players make their own costumes by coloring certain parts of a character? For example, if I was making a custom costume for Sonic, I could change the color of his fur, gloves, shoes, buckles, socks, eyes, irises, belly, etc. Kind of like Rivals of Aether. This way, we could have an UNLIMITED number of character costumes, but only making 8 or so ourselves.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting for the three stages is finished. I will be compiling the submissions and hopefully will have them ready in the next few hours. I wish I could get them out sooner but I a bit busy today.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Voting for the three stages is finished. I will be compiling the submissions and hopefully will have them ready in the next few hours. I wish I could get them out sooner but I a bit busy today.
um... I just want to point out that in my initial submission for walugi pinball I proposed a layout
I know submissions are finished but technically I had submitted it before so...

Job 30:
Waluigi's Homestage: Waluigi Pinball

The most fitting homestage for waluigi, in my opinion, is his homestage from Mario Kart DS.
there would be platforms floating in the middle of the stage, as well as two slopes on the sides, with pinball.. bumpers? the things that flick the pinball upwards, and can also fing you upwards by jumping a la sonic the hedgehog. in the background you can see the slot machine in front of the logo and waluigi's face, as seen in this picture

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Mario New Down Special

Power Up!

Mario does his animation from Mario 2 and pulls out one of many power ups you can use it again once the power up runs out, Each power up lasts for 15 seconds or if it is a regular Smash Item however long those last.

-Super Leaf
-Mega Mushroom
-Super Star
-Metal Crate
-Vanish Cap, Turns Mario Invisible
-Turnip, Works like Peaches
-Gold Box, Mario becomes Gold
-Propeller Cap, Pressing down B again shoots mario into the air and then he can glide
-Cape, Pressing Down B again it works like the normal cape
-F.L.U.D.D. Pressing Down B again it works exactly like the Default F.L.U.D.D. from Ultimate
-Ice Flower Pressing Down B again Mario shoots an Ice ball that has a 50% chance of freezing an opponent

New Final Smash

Mario Finale (Same name different Effect)

Mario will shoot a Giant Fireball forwards and anyone who gets hit will be launched into a cutscene where Mario will perform various references to many Mario games

-Starbits will be fired at the opponents
-A T-rex will bite the opponents
-The Super ball from Mario Land will hit them
-Mario will pounce on them with a cat suit
-Sprayed by F.L.U.D.D.
-Barrels from Donkey Kong are dropped onto the opponents
-Blown up by Bob-ombs

after the cutscene The opponents are launched and damaged and you can hear the Mario death sound in the background

I managed to squeeze this in and I hope I didn’t make any mistakes.

Bowser Castle
Please vote for your top 1
Perkilator

Adrianette Bromide
Otoad64
Janx_uwu
Ahemtoday

Dr. Mario
Winner by default

Perkilator

Waluigi Pinball
Please vote for only one
Perkilator

Otoad64

Please separate each vote be each category
Bowsers Castle
-Adrianette Bromide
-Janx_uwu

Waluigi Pinball
-Otoad64

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball
Ahemtoday's Bowser's Castle

Ok, so, I voted OVER 9,000 costumes per character. Let me explain myself.
How about we include 8 or maybe 9 costumes pre-made, but let players make their own costumes by coloring certain parts of a character? For example, if I was making a custom costume for Sonic, I could change the color of his fur, gloves, shoes, buckles, socks, eyes, irises, belly, etc. Kind of like Rivals of Aether. This way, we could have an UNLIMITED number of character costumes, but only making 8 or so ourselves.
You know what's funny? I was just thinking earlier today about character customization in fighting games.

Namely, how I don't really... like it all that much.

It's hard for me to explain why, but when I think about that thing Netherrealm does with its games nowadays where you have a head, body, and accessory cosmetic, I actively want to not do that. (For the record, I haven't actually played any Netherrealm games, partially because of this.) I know this isn't a 1-to-1 match with your idea, or even that close, but I think it's easier to understand my opinion if I start with a more extreme example.

My guess for why I feel this way? When I choose a character on the CSS, I want to play as that character. I don't want to spend time deciding who Ryu is, I want to hit medium kick and play as the blue one, then Shoryuken a fool.

Now, your idea is a lot more palatable to me than some sort of weird loadout thing, but... I dunno, I still think I like the elegance of 8 players, 8 costumes more.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball
Ahemtoday's Bowser's Castle

You know what's funny? I was just thinking earlier today about character customization in fighting games.

Namely, how I don't really... like it all that much.

It's hard for me to explain why, but when I think about that thing Netherrealm does with its games nowadays where you have a head, body, and accessory cosmetic, I actively want to not do that. (For the record, I haven't actually played any Netherrealm games, partially because of this.) I know this isn't a 1-to-1 match with your idea, or even that close, but I think it's easier to understand my opinion if I start with a more extreme example.

My guess for why I feel this way? When I choose a character on the CSS, I want to play as that character. I don't want to spend time deciding who Ryu is, I want to hit medium kick and play as the blue one, then Shoryuken a fool.

Now, your idea is a lot more palatable to me than some sort of weird loadout thing, but... I dunno, I still think I like the elegance of 8 players, 8 costumes more.
That's perfectly fine. My idea is that you could make these in a side mode (like in our Games & More section) and then have them loaded out and ready to go whenever you fight. So I hoped it wouldn't be a hassle but rather a fun distraction. I've wanted this feature for a while, since realizing how lame some of these characters' costumes were.
Of course I wouldn't mind having a vote on it if necessary.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I personally want Mario to be as "generic" to his series as possible: no one-off abilities like the Cape or FLUDD.

So I agree with Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's Ground Pound for Mario, but I also want Side-B to have more of an "animation rework" where he does the spin from both the Galaxy games and the NSMB games. He would still reflect projectiles and gain a little bit of height, but the animation is different.

Also, his d-air needs to be his Goomba Stomp. No, I don't care that he's sharing it with Doc.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Proposals will be available for six more hours. After that, we will be voting on which moves we like via a Strawpoll.

Job #33: Please add in a Mii Fighter costume!

I have a treat for everyone! I appreciate all the help people have done to make this project really great! Therefore, I am opening up Mii Fighter costume submissions for anyone on the developer list. You are allowed to submit a single Mii Fighter costume which will then be added into the game. There is a catch though. The Mii costume must not be from an existing game but, rather, an idea or concept based on real-world elements. Previous costumes includes the Pirate Costume, Vampire Garb, Bear and Cat costumes, and the Biker costume. Please indicate what Mii version it would be. Brawler, Swordfighter, or Gunner. You can check the SSBwiki for Mii Fighter costumes:

Again, this is only open for those in the developer list. Submissions will remain open for 12 hours

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'll vote for Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball and ahemtoday's Bowser's Castle.

As for my suggestion...

Job #33: Dinosaur Suit

The costume would be like a cheap plastic costume of a dinosaur. The helmet would cover the Mii's head like Sans or Bomberman. The costume's color can be changed. It would only be for Brawler, swiping with its "claws" (mostly because I can't think of what a dinosaur would use for a sword or a gun).

Paraster

Smash Lord
Bowser's Castle stage vote: Janx_uwu

Waluigi Pinball stage vote: Otoad64
(Speaking of pinball, I need to remember to add Bumpertown from Slap City to the "Other" music when it's unlocked next...)

"Real World" Mii costume: Chef Hat + Chef Uniform
Honestly, I'm surprised we don't already have a chef hat for Miis. This costume would feature the iconic chef hat design, and the costume would be for Mii Swordfighters and give them a really long spatula.
(edit: okay, the chef hat existed in Smash 4, but it wasn't in Ultimate, and the uniform is completely new)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Bowser's Castle - Otoad64
Waluigi Pinball - Otoad64

Job #33: Diver Helmet & Suit

Costume is for Mii Gunner, since Gunner has the least amount of outfits of the three Mii types. Real life diving suits obviously don't have arm cannons, but the astronaut mii gunner costume exists and that doesn't have an arm cannon either. I figure the diving suit is vaguely mechanical so it works.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Okay, I'm a little left behind on the project so I wanted to catch up..

Anyway for a Mii costume suggestion:

Royal Uniform (Male & Female)

The miis are all decked in a medieval era clothing in the style of Elizabethan era of fashion, they're primarily be a mii swordfighter outfit wielding a cane as their weapon as fighting with their bare fist isn't suited for a high class mii like them 🧐. Just like in the picture you could choose different color palette that suit your taste. It's pretty bold concept and the costume itself is pretty wacky which gives Daisy and Peach a run for their money, complement the Maid outfit and also various headgear and now you could have Shakespeare in Smash fighting Marie Antoinette.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'll vote for Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball and ahemtoday's Bowser's Castle.

As for my suggestion...

Job #33: Dinosaur Suit

The costume would be like a cheap plastic costume of a dinosaur. The helmet would cover the Mii's head like Sans or Bomberman. The costume's color can be changed. It would only be for Brawler, swiping with its "claws" (mostly because I can't think of what a dinosaur would use for a sword or a gun).
I’ll be including a picture in the OP so if there’s anything you have in mind, could you show me? Or if not, what kind of dinosaur? T-Rex?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Janx_uwu's Bowser's Castle
2. Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball

Job #33: Gorilla Outfit
Monke go eeoo.jpg

A costume of a gorilla with a mini cage that has a Mii trapped inside, Mii Brawler would go well with it.
(The guy in the cage represents a Mii doll stuck in there.)

D

Deleted member

Bowser's Castle: Janx_uwu
Waluigi Pinball: Otoad64

RE: Alt. Costumes, I think it makes sense on a case by case basis like in previous games, as in, have 8 as a standard, but certain characters may have 16 (e.g. Little Mac, Wario). Though I do also like Janx_uwu's idea, I should be able to play as Pink Mario if I wanted to.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bowser's Castle: Janx_uwu
Waluigi Pinball: Otoad64

RE: Alt. Costumes, I think it makes sense on a case by case basis like in previous games, as in, have 8 as a standard, but certain characters may have 16 (e.g. Little Mac, Wario). Though I do also like Janx_uwu's idea, I should be able to play as Pink Mario if I wanted to.
I should of warn people hat I fully expect us to fill these costume slots up for EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHTER. That’s 376ish new costumes if we go with 12 lol

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
1. Janx_uwu's Bowser's Castle
2. Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball

Job #33: Gorilla Outfit
View attachment 300415

A costume of a gorilla with a mini cage that has a Mii trapped inside, Mii Brawler would go well with it.
(The guy in the cage represents a Mii doll stuck in there.)
Wait up, how would they attack when they're holding the cage?

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Voting for Janx_uwu's Bowser Castle and Otoad64's Waluigi Pinball!

Job #33: Classic Gangster Outfit

maffia-kostuum.jpg

A new Mii Costume for the Mii Gunner! Ever been jealous of the fabulous clothing selection the Mii Brawler and Swordsfighter are donnin' all the time? Well now you can put them in their place in STYLE, the real Gangster way! The Classic Gangster Outfit consists of 2 pieces: The Classic Gangster Suit and The Classic Gangster Hat!

The Classic Gangster Suit does resemble the Business Suit, but nevertheless do the fancy white tie, the red pocket handkerchief and linear pattern make it score more style points. Now how would the Mii Gunner fire its bullets you ask? With its Classic Thompson Submachine Gun of course! Like both the Saki Amamiya and Vaultboy outfits, the Mii would hold the gun with its right hand. No Cyber Arm Guns required! Ah wait... of course we'll have to specify that the Submachine Gun is in fact a toy, and totally not real, of course!

The Classic Gangster Hat would just be your Classic Black Fedora. This headwear, like all the others in the game, is equippable to all Mii classes. Finally, a headwear with style!

Now how would you be able to unlock both fine pieces of clothing, you may ask? Easy, with hard-earned money of course!! Be sure to check the in-game shop regularly and you'll find it there! The Classic Gangster Hat and Classic Gangster Suit are 550G and 1200G respectively!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Side a Special: Koopa Shell Ride

Mario jumps onboard a Koopa Shell and rides forward; careening into anyone he comes into contact with. He is far faster when initially starting out but gradually slows down as he travels further. He can’t turn while moving forward but he can cancel out by attacking. Hitting the up button causes Mario to jump with the Shell which increases his range but severely decreases his traveling speed and distance. This move is taken from his shell riding abilities in Super Mario 64.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please remember to vote for Bowser’s Castle and Waluigi Pinball. I’m closing voting in 8 hours.

Redesigning Mario
Please vote for only one per category. Also, unlike in previous voting sections, users can’t vote for their own moves. Please vote for the one you liked other than your own. Please vote for all three categories. Sorry but we aren’t doing Strawpoll for this.

We have two Tanooki- themed moves for both Speciaks so, if you can, please only vote for one if you intend to vote for them. I think it would be best if we only have one move that uses the Tanooki power up. If we get both, we will have a vote which one to include.

Side Special:
Cappy Throw by Otoad64 Otoad64
Tanooki Tail by Perkilator Perkilator
Cappy Throw by PeridotGX PeridotGX
Koopa Shell Ride by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Down Special:
Tabooki Spin by Otoad64 Otoad64
Butt Drop by Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Power Up! by cashregister9 cashregister9

Final Smash:
Mega Mario by Perkilator Perkilator
Power-Up Frenzy by Otoad64 Otoad64