• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I have a question regarding items, are cut items like the fan or red shell from previous installments allowed?

If so,
Job 15: Item 1: Fan.
View attachment 298847
The fan was an item present in the first three Smash Bros games, but was absent in Smash 4 and Smash Ultimate. It was an original Smash Bros creation, in reference to traditional stand up acts in Japan. In Smash, it is a weak weapon, but very easy to spam.
I really appreciate this submission but we will be doing previous items in another job. That will be a bit different as instead of submissions, participants can pick up to three items to vote for from a list. This would include the fan as well as the flipper, cracker launcher, etc.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job 15: Original Item: Bottle of Soda
1610336263148.png

Based of the concept of my favorite item (other than Pokeballs and Assist Trophies) Banana gun, this has 3 functions after each other. First you pop off a cap that launches into the air dealing big damage but little to no knock back. Secondly you heal a bit of yourself. Lastly, you throw the bottle in whichever direction you pressed.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Job #15

Item 1: The Armorslayer
View attachment 298796

A staple of the Fire Emblem series, the Armorslayer is exactly what you would expect: A sword that is highly effective against armored units. Introduced in the first game, it has appeared in every game except the black sheep Fire Emblem Gaiden, it's remake Fire Emblem Echoes, and Radiant Dawn; For Smash, it uses the design from Awakening. Alongside the Hammer, it is your go-to for cracking the heavy shells of knights and generals. Seeing as we already have a couple hammer items, it looks like we'll go with the Armorslayer.

In Smash, the Armorslayer deals rather weak damage, but it has a simple, yet effective utility: Popping shields. Essentially Marth and Lucina's Shield Breaker with a blade the size of Ike's Ragnell, the Armorslayer can wreck shields with only a couple jabs, and smash through them with a single smash attack. The only real downside is the low frame data, but even then that can be circumvented by just chucking it at them. If your opponent's feeling block-happy, the Armorslayer's your friend.
It is about time someone suggested an alternative to Mr. Saturn! Good thinking!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Job 15
Item 2 - Matryoshka Doll

1610335621906.png

Matryoshka Dolls would be a container item, similar to Capsules and Crates. They could be picked up and thrown, damaging foes that they hit. Doing so will cause the doll to break, revealing another, smaller doll inside. Attacking a Matryoshka Doll will also break it. This cycle will continue, the dolls getting smaller and smaller until finally, an item pops out of it. What item comes out depends on how big the final Matryoshka Doll was: smaller ones hold weaker items like Green Shells and Smoke Balls, while larger ones hold powerful items like Hammers and Maxim Tomatoes. How many times the Matryoshka Doll breaks before revealing the item also varies, though it will always be between two and eight.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Job 15
Item 2 - Matryoshka Doll

View attachment 298875
Matryoshka Dolls would be a container item, similar to Capsules and Crates. They could be picked up and thrown, damaging foes that they hit. Doing so will cause the doll to break, revealing another, smaller doll inside. Attacking a Matryoshka Doll will also break it. This cycle will continue, the dolls getting smaller and smaller until finally, an item pops out of it. What item comes out depends on how big the final Matryoshka Doll was: smaller ones hold weaker items like Green Shells and Smoke Balls, while larger ones hold powerful items like Hammers and Maxim Tomatoes. How many times the Matryoshka Doll breaks before revealing the item also varies, though it will always be between two and eight.
Brilliant! These Russian figurines add a nice touch of randomness to the item game, and they somehow seem like they would fit snugly into the framework of items that Smash Bros. would use. Also, it is not of a convoluted set of mechanics. I would have liked to think of that one!

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Job #15
Dark Stone

Sell dark purple cz stone gemstone

An item original to the Smash Bros. series. It's a blackish-purple gemstone with a look inspired by Final Destination. Using it works the same as the Metal Box - you pick it up and undergo a transformation.

In this case, you turn Dark, becoming a complete silhouette with eyes glowing in your player color. While Dark, you're effectively playing Turbo Mode from Project M - every attack you do can cancel on hit to another attack.

And, yes, you would be able to do a Dark Smash in Special Smash.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ok, here are the submissions to be voted on. Please vote for three per category (3 for item 1 and 3 for item 2):

Item #1
The Breidablik cashregister9 cashregister9
Splat Brella Paraster Paraster
Scrap Driver Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Shock Bomb Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Coconut Gun BowserKing BowserKing
Snakeboard Bencaua Bencaua
Powerglove Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Repel Otoad64 Otoad64
Crown MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456
Double Cherry PeridotGX PeridotGX
Armorslayer SharkLord SharkLord
Devil Axe Perkilator Perkilator
Candle (Legend if Zelda) Doc Monocle Doc Monocle

Item #2
Master Cart cashregister9 cashregister9
Anti-ssist Trophy Paraster Paraster
Gravity Tether Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Paint Bucket Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
Skillet BowserKing BowserKing
Poison Bomb @Bencua
Kite Otoad64 Otoad64
Jester’s Cap Doc Monocle Doc Monocle
Bottle of Soda CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
Matryoshka Doll MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456

Dark Stone ahemtoday ahemtoday

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Item #1:
Candle
Double Cherry
Shock Bomb

Item #2:
Poison Bomb
Bottle of Soda
Gravity Tether

Bencaua

Smash Rookie
Item #1
Breidablik
Double Cherry
Snakeboard

Item #2
Gravity Tether
Dark Stone
Poison Bomb

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Item #1
1. Shock Bomb
2. The Breidablik
3. Splat Brella

Item #2
1. Paint Bucket
2. Anti-ssist Trophy
3. Kite

Again, lots of good choices this time. Was really hard to pin down.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Item #1
1. Coconut Gun
2. The Breidablik
3. Repel

Item #2
1. Anti-ssist Trophy
2. Gravity Tether
3. Paint Bucket

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Item #1:
1. Breidablik
2. Double Cherry
3. Devil Axe

Item #2:
1. Dark Stone
2. Master Cart
3. Gravity Tether

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Item #1:
1. Splat Brella
2. Shock Bomb
3. Repel

Item #2:
1. Anti-ssist trophy
2. Poison Bomb
3. Bottle of Soda

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The submissions will be linked soon, right? Just want to make sure I can assume that by default for further reference, since it's a lot more convenient that way.
Sorry, I do try to link them when I can but only when I have the time. I’m pretty busy at the moment and barely found time to get this voting round up. I’ll try to link everything properly next time.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Item 1:
1. Scrap Driver
2. The Armorslayer
3. Double Cherry

Item 2:
1. Dark Stone
2. Anti-ssist Trophy
3. Gravity Tether

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
The submissions will be linked soon, right? Just want to make sure I can assume that by default for further reference, since it's a lot more convenient that way.
I would have helped out with this, but the method I was using was neither efficient on space and time, nor tidy. I have yet to find out how to link specific sections of text... Sorry.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Item #1:
Shock Bomb
Double Cherry
Power Glove

Item #2:
Matryoshka Doll
Skillet
Anti-ssist Trophy

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I cannot see the images very well, but I shall 'eyeball' it, try it somewhere else, and come back if it works... Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , I could not discern whether or not your answer was the same as that for linking a thread. That is, I could not see how to direct a reader to a specific post or section of text... Apologies.
The pictures I posted were thumbnails. Clicking on the image itself should bring up the full image. If you want to link to a particular thread, just copy and paste the URL into the URL info box. It’s all universal for mobile and desktop. If you want to copy a link to an individual post, you can do so by right-clicking and copying the URL address of the post number. This is located on the top right corner of the post. For example, is post is #471. Peridot’s was Post #470.

The Fantasy Smasher

Smash Cadet
Item #1:

1. Shock Bomb
2. Double Cherry
3. Coconut Gun

Item #2:

1. Anti-ssist Trophy
2. Bottle of Soda
3. Gravity Tether

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
"Stuff". Thank you for the help, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom . It turns out though that the problem, embarassingly enough, was that because of the touch screen, I would click the wrong place and cause the window to vanish. This perplexed me for a long time since there were times when I could link threads and images with no trouble at all. My mistake. Thank you again.

Quillion

Smash Hero
@ the poll:

I really don't think custom moves should come back. I actually have an idea that can be used to repurpose (most of) the custom move assets, but I won't share it until new core mechanics are being discussed.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
@ the poll:

By “entirely changed from how it was in Smash 4”, I mean this: repurposing some of them for most of the Echo Fighters.

:ultdarksamus:
:GCB:: Dense Charge Shot
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Turbo Missile
:GCU::GCB:: Screw Rush

:ultdaisy:
:GCB:: Sleepy Toad
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Flower Bomber

:ultlucina:
:GCB:: Dashing Assault
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Heavy Blade
:GCU::GCB:: Dolphin Jump
:GCD::GCB:: Iai Counter

:ultchrom:
:GCL::GCR::GCB:: Unyielding Blade
:GCD::GCB:: Paralyzing Counter

:ultdarkpit:
:GCB:: Piercing Bow
:GCD::GCB:: Amplifying Orbitars

Last edited:

Bencaua

Smash Rookie
I do like the idea of using some of the customs for Echo Fighters, but some of those already work differently from their original counterparts, like Dark Pit's bow or... huh, just that actually, the others just have mechanical differences in the case of FE characters or aesthetics in Daisy and Dark Samus' case.
Back in the day I used to think every character's custom moves should've been like Palutena's with unique moves, but that's because Smash 4 had a small, controlled roster. It wouldn't quite be possible in a game as large-scale as Ultimate (or in this case bigger)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We are now closed for voting. I’ll be publishing the results soon.

Here is the breakdown of votes! Please let me know if they were wrong and I’ll fix it.

Item #1
The Breidablik cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Splat Brella Paraster Paraster 4
Scrap Driver Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 2

Shock Bomb Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 9
Coconut Gun BowserKing BowserKing 6
Snakeboard Bencaua Bencaua 2
Powerglove Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 4
Repel Otoad64 Otoad64 4
Crown MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456 1

Double Cherry PeridotGX PeridotGX 11
Armorslayer SharkLord SharkLord 5
Devil Axe Perkilator Perkilator 2
Candle (Legend if Zelda) Doc Monocle Doc Monocle 3

Item #2
Master Cart cashregister9 cashregister9 2
Anti-ssist Trophy Paraster Paraster 11
Gravity Tether Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 9

Paint Bucket Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku 4
Skillet BowserKing BowserKing 2
Poison Bomb Bencaua Bencaua 4
Kite Otoad64 Otoad64 4
Jester’s Cap Doc Monocle Doc Monocle 3
Bottle of Soda CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 6
Matryoshka Doll MamaLuigi123456 MamaLuigi123456 5

Dark Stone ahemtoday ahemtoday 8

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Seeing as how some time has passed, I will be finishing up the Isaac information as well as compiling his moveset. He will have a dedicated post that we can link to.

With all of our previous jobs done, we can continue with our new jobs and these...well,.... will be a lot. I hope we can handle it.

Job #16: Create a Golden Sun stage

Please specify they size, design and layout, any hazards, and cameos.

Job #17: Create a stage based on modern Kirby titles.

Please specify they size, design and layout, any hazards, and cameos.

Job #18: Submit a Golden Sun Assist Trophy

Accepting only one and it can’t be Mathew. Please note that this will deconfirm this character.

Job #19: Submit a Golden Sun Mii Fighter costume

Accepting only one and it can’t be Matthew. Thus won’t deconfirm the character.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 17: Castle Dedede (Kirby: Star allies)

This stage takes place inside the castle and you can be KOed on the sides. It is designed to be similar to the Dedede Boss fight in that game. The stage is as big as Pokémon Stadium (Brawl) and it has two platforms you can reach on.

Also a few enemies like Waddle Doo and Blade Knight will spawn as stage enemies (only on the default stages). Waddle Doo simply rams opponents, while the Blade Knight strikes it’s blade at the opponents.

BattleField and Omega Stages are quite similar to the final battle, with Pillars in the background, but it lacks stage enemies and you can be KOed at the top and the bottom (if you don’t recover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom