• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create a Fighter! - The future of Miis and Customization?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Hi my darlings ♥

Today I'm excited to show to you all, my beloveds, a not-so-oriinal idea that I'm keeping in my crazy mind.
In SSB4, we finally get our chances to play as Miis, and not only that but we have 3 option to choose from.

♥:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: ♥
So, what the future will for bring us? (or better, for them?)
I was thinking that the next step for Miis shoud be a full customizable option from the start
Something like choosing a pletora of weapons, moves, powers, abilities... something that give us liberty to create a Mii of our dreams.

It could be anything, from axes, to laser guns, to sport objects, hand-to-hand, LEGS!, pies, magic!
Adding fire, paralysing, dark, ice, dizzy, shield braker effects on moves
More custom moves besides from specials, like neutral combos, aerials.
But still, everything trying to keep balance, we do not want a Mii top tier (or do we want?)

This is what I want next, a world full of possibilities fo them, and for us!

I will reserve a space here for me to add some ideas later, from now, I want to hear YOUR ideas. This is a place of love where everybody can join ♥

Also, if you don't like Miis, Sakurai should add Primids instead (not happening)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
For starters, new hair colors are definitely needed. Especially when they are an option for the Switch.

I'm also craving a Magic using Mii myself. More attacks are aways welcome.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wandering Heroes say hi.

They are sword fighters with magic powers. They can be cats, dogs, bunnies, or even humans. They can specialize in different magic types depending on their shirt color.

They even had a stage in Smash 3DS (Find Mii).

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just give the Mii Brawlers ki attacks.

I want an accurate Goku Mii Fighter damn it.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Regardless of what kinds of movesets they add for the Miis next game, I just hope they finally allow them to be used on For Glory, it's ridiculous that they aren't allowed for being potentially offensive, yet name-tags are perfectly fine. If they're playable on For Glory, I think they'll have a much better shot at being tournament legal next game.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I'd like them to have more "classes" like Mage or Berserker. Also, better expressions.

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
There was plenty of talks about this kind of thing before and after the game came out. The group I was chatting with brought this idea up too, but we ended up agreeing that too much customization would undervalue the rest of the roster. Imo, I agree that more classes would be the more ideal choice.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
The costumes and hats were okay, but let's have more, better outfits. I say Asuka Kazama's schoolgirl outfit for female :4miibrawl:s and Kunimitsu's outfit from TTT2 for female :4miisword:s.

I also daresay, allow Miis some air time in For Glory/For Fun. Just restrict them to a generic one; they could've at least done that when they were developing and programming Sm4sh online modes.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Yeah, I'd rather have 1 fully customizable Mii than 3 generic classes limited to few customizations.
Either this, or I would rather the Mii's not return at all.

And playable online or nothing. At the very least in a seperate mode which has same options like everything else for glory for fun ect but allows Mii's.

Last edited:

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd rather have 1 fully customizable Mii than 3 generic classes limited to few customizations.
Either this, or I would rather the Mii's not return at all.

And playable online or nothing. At the very least in a seperate mode which has same options like everything else for glory for fun ect but allows Mii's.
The problem with the whole "fully customizable Mii" is that it'd be a real pain to balance it out. It sounds good only in paper. Let's say that it does happen and then someone puts out the "OP" setup and then you'll see most people running that particular setup.

It's almost as bad as the popular "MM Link with all forms" move set.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
The problem with the whole "fully customizable Mii" is that it'd be a real pain to balance it out. It sounds good only in paper. Let's say that it does happen and then someone puts out the "OP" setup and then you'll see most people running that particular setup.

It's almost as bad as the popular "MM Link with all forms" move set.
mhmhm. this is why I never wanted them in the first place.

Well seeing that in the Switch they are only optional things now, siggesting Ninty is moving away from them at least just a bit, it would be easier to cut them but I don't see that happening.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just want the Mii Fighters to be better than what they already are. Sometimes I feel like they are too weak. They are almost better than Palutena at least.

What do Mii Fighters and Palutena have in common? Their specials are all over the place and really weak.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
mhmhm. this is why I never wanted them in the first place.

Well seeing that in the Switch they are only optional things now, siggesting Ninty is moving away from them at least just a bit, it would be easier to cut them but I don't see that happening.
In all honesty, with every character having customizable movesets too, this particular issue was never exclusive to the Miis, not that it matters since they were entirely optional from the beginning.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I vastly prefer them as classes, and wouldn't mind more movesets. Lots of neat potential, but I love the fact you can effectively make your own character, and that's a good thing for Smash.

Never mind it solves all the issues of those who want impossible characters in. There's nothing wrong with those kinds of wants, but they don't fit directly into the game. Taking a "close enough" approach pleases more fans as is, and generally helps sell the games.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
What about new classes based on the jobs from Miitopia? I can see somoe of this classes having a lot of potential, specially Pop star and Mage.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Mii iidea: Same standard 'A' moveset (perhaps similar to Mii Brawler)

Special moves are chosen. They are assigned to Legs, Arms, Body & Headgear/Misc.

Special moves come as a package such as Pokemon Trainer or Labo Mech. However, specials can be mixed and matched. Set specials can give a bonus to the fighter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Miis are gonna be disappointingly limited on Switch, no more plaza that I can stock up with guys from http://www.miicharacters.com :( The Fighting Mii Team will probably be cut altogether.
I could see a new team, but this likely won't get them cut from being playable. Miis are still very notable part of Nintendo's history at this point.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I am confident they won't be cut.
I do think it is likely they will be expanded for greater customization options. That seems like a feature that was well received and quite lucrative thanks to the myriad of DLC costumes. I seriously doubt they would cut off that revenue stream.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Count me in for more Mii classes. I definitely want Mii Wizard, and maybe we can see Mii Sportsman (has moves from Wii Sports/Fit).

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Regardless of any direct changes to them, as long as Miis are back, they need to have a designated default Mii fighter for use in tournaments and "For Glory" online play.

Changes I'd make would be to get rid of the classes, and further enrich the moveset in every category for a single Mii Fighter. Allow us to change not only their specials, but their standards and aerials too. Give complete control to the user over who they want their Mii to be.

But if that is too advanced or would take too much effort to do, I'm be more content with better Mii customization as a whole. Maybe break down the appearance with Head, Torso, Arms, and Legs options? Or at least give us more depth with changing the color of the gear?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My Thoughts:

Go all the way with customizable characters, or just don't have them.

If Mii's are going to have so much of the resources devoted to them, then lets make it not a character but a button on the side of the roster. Just like created characters are in any other game. It is set up that way for a reason.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Regardless of anything else about Smash on Switch, customizable Mii fighters are the one thing I need to return.

They're seriously so fun.

New classes and lots of new cosmetic items would be fun. Just get rid of equipment entirely.

They should also be allowed online.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I want actual Miis.
Wii Sports Boxing triple jab, Wii Fit Penguin Slide dash attack, UFO abduction up special from Wii Play's Target Shooting, devil's butt jab side special from Miitopia. There are so many good moves available to the character(s) and they used absolutely none of them.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I hope the miis come back with their custom moves, and they're the only ones that have them. that way both sides of the age old argument kinda get what they want

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I like keeping the custom moves limited to classes, personally. It would be nice to have some more classes, namely some from Miitopia like pop star or chef. It'd be nice to also possibly get even more special moves per class to mix things up more.

D

Deleted member

I'm finally totally happy with the look of my Mii thank to the couple little things they added to them on the Switch, so...I hope Smash is one of the few Switch games where I'll be able to show him off, lol. Could use a new outlet to dress him up, too, now that Miitomo is on its way out.......lol.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'd personally be completely fine with them axing custom moves on Miis in favor of more classes and the ability to play online.

Miitopia inspired classes would be great, like a Thief class built similar to Snake with stage control and traps, or a Mage/Wizard class with magic spells similar to Zelda. A Bard/Pop Star class, or a Ninja class inspired by Sheik...

You keep the ability to customize your outfits/etc; but base stats and moves are restricted to the class, creating more balanced and tourney viable Mii Fighters.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'd personally be completely fine with them axing custom moves on Miis in favor of more classes and the ability to play online.

Miitopia inspired classes would be great, like a Thief class built similar to Snake with stage control and traps, or a Mage/Wizard class with magic spells similar to Zelda. A Bard/Pop Star class, or a Ninja class inspired by Sheik...

You keep the ability to customize your outfits/etc; but base stats and moves are restricted to the class, creating more balanced and tourney viable Mii Fighters.

That's a good alternative. If it becomes too taxing on the game, namely in online, to have customization moves, it'd be good to have a base set of stats/attacks that the game would assign all Miis of a particular class. At the very least, this could apply some form of balance to the Miis for those who wish to play with them more competitively.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I want actual Miis.
Wii Sports Boxing triple jab, Wii Fit Penguin Slide dash attack, UFO abduction up special from Wii Play's Target Shooting, devil's butt jab side special from Miitopia. There are so many good moves available to the character(s) and they used absolutely none of them.
Miis change based on the games they are in. This is true even for Smash.

They are no less "actual" for having no moves from the Wii series.

That said, I would like a sports-based class for Miis.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
A sports-based moveset would be fun. It'd be unique and a good nod to their first appearance in Wii Sports.

Honestly, I was disappointed Miitopia didn't have a Sportsman/Athlete class, that would have been pretty fun and lead to some wacky abilities.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of customization overall, I'm thinking the custom move system is in need of a conversion.

Instead of giving every single character 8 tedious to unlock and barely different custom moves, I'm thinking some characters should have more fleshed out alternative movesets. For example, Breath of the Wild Link could have his classic look and weapons, Ganondorf could keep his Falcon-Stout moveset and have a new sword & magic one as well.

Plus it would give worthwhile things to unlock without the advertising, much less the internet giving it all away.

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Speaking of customization overall, I'm thinking the custom move system is in need of a conversion.

Instead of giving every single character 8 tedious to unlock and barely different custom moves, I'm thinking some characters should have more fleshed out alternative movesets. For example, Breath of the Wild Link could have his classic look and weapons, Ganondorf could keep his Falcon-Stout moveset and have a new sword & magic one as well.

Plus it would give worthwhile things to unlock without the advertising, much less the internet giving it all away.
Honestly, if we're gonna do the MKX thing like that I'd just prefer to have a few clones instead. That was my biggest complaint with X.

For example Ganondorf's old moveset could go to Black Shadow, Doc keeps Mario's old moveset, someone else could get Link's old one (or just keep Toon Link for that.)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero

Agreed; the custom move system was a great idea wasted by being completely half-assed in Smash 4.

That said, I totally get that developing it to its fullest potential would've taken away resources from developing entirely new characters, so if Smash Switch is smart enough to reuse certain assets from Smash U, we have a better chance of custom moves actually being done right.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd be fine if they left the custom moves exclusive to the Miis. It was amusing for a bit in Smash 4, but the level of customization was inconsistent with some moves have next-to-no differences from their base move (not to mention the DLC characters not getting any). Plus, the time and resources spent on making different versions of the same attack could possibly be used elsewhere.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I certainly do hope they return. Preferably unchanged to what they were in the previous games. But it depends entirely on what they decide to do with Custom Moves in Smash Switch.

If they decide it's not worth returning Custom Moves, I'm afraid of the possibility they remove the MiI Fighters altogether. Though maybe there's a chance they revamp the Mii into something to one particular style? I just have a hard time thinking they'd disallow a Mii option entirely cause that really does help with having some fun with those who are young (Or young at heart) for making Miis of real life people or characters otherwise impossible or very unlikely. That was a huge reason they added the Mii Fighters in Smash 4 in the first place.

Having the Miis the only characters with Custom Moves might make a good compromise though certainly that brings up an issue with Palutena fans. Some of Palutena's best moves were not in her default 1111 Set, and if she's restricted to that in Smash Switch but the Miis aren't, it's going to be a situation for sure.

But really, now that Miis have different hair color options on the Switch. There will be alot more "Close enough" options. Including I'm sure, many anime characters that people would love to just have a little more option of making more faithfully.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I certainly do hope they return. Preferably unchanged to what they were in the previous games. But it depends entirely on what they decide to do with Custom Moves in Smash Switch.

If they decide it's not worth returning Custom Moves, I'm afraid of the possibility they remove the MiI Fighters altogether. Though maybe there's a chance they revamp the Mii into something to one particular style? I just have a hard time thinking they'd disallow a Mii option entirely cause that really does help with having some fun with those who are young (Or young at heart) for making Miis of real life people or characters otherwise impossible or very unlikely. That was a huge reason they added the Mii Fighters in Smash 4 in the first place.

Having the Miis the only characters with Custom Moves might make a good compromise though certainly that brings up an issue with Palutena fans. Some of Palutena's best moves were not in her default 1111 Set, and if she's restricted to that in Smash Switch but the Miis aren't, it's going to be a situation for sure.

But really, now that Miis have different hair color options on the Switch. There will be alot more "Close enough" options. Including I'm sure, many anime characters that people would love to just have a little more option of making more faithfully.
I never got why Palutena was the only one to get so many different custom options. Personally, given that the whole point of Miis is to be completely customizable, I feel like custom moves should be their exclusive gimmick.

Grizzexploder

Smash Apprentice
Give the Miis better default specials
I mean, you have Piston Punch and Helicopter Kick, and you choose Soaring Axe Kick
You have Feint Jump but choose Head-On Assault
y

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Give the Miis better default specials
I mean, you have Piston Punch and Helicopter Kick, and you choose Soaring Axe Kick
You have Feint Jump but choose Head-On Assault
y
They're not the default moves they're just listed as Special 1.

Only characters to have all of their Specials referred to as "Specials" instead of "Customs" in the game's code.

Top Bottom