• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create A Classic Mode For Your Most Wanted

PuyoWitch

Smash Apprentice
Let's give this a shot.

NiGHTS
"Guardian of Dreams"
Based on all the boss battles in the original Nights into Dreams.

Stage 1- Giant Blue Ridley on Streetpass Quest, with a Pink Villager as your partner. (Based on the GIllwing fight)

Stage 2- Giant Jigglypuff on Gamer, with Blue shirted Lucas as your partner (Based on the Puffy fight)

Stage 3- GIant Blue King K. Rool on Balloon Fight, with Pink Villager as your partner. (Based on the Gulpo fight)

Stage 4- Giant Black Incineroar on Kalos Pokemon League, with Blue Lucas as your partner. (Based on the Clawz fight)

Stage 5- Giant Red Metaknight on Luigi's Mansion, with Pink Villager as your partner (Based on the Jackle fight)

Stage 6- Nights (with a Reala alt) on Dracula's Castle, with Blue Lucas as your partner (Based on the Reala fight)

Bonus Round

Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on a hypothetical Nightopia stage, with a second NiGHTS as your partner (Based on the Wizeman fight)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Perkilator

Smash Legend

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Ryu Hayabusa: Ninja in Smash

1. :ultryu::ultjoker:: Suzaku Castle(Asia)
2. :ultincineroar::ultken: Wuhu Island (Western USA)
3. :ultmario::ultluigi::ultlittlemac:New Donk City(New York)
4. :ulticeclimbers: Summit(Antarctica)
5. :ultdk::ultdiddy:Kongo Jungle N64(Africa)
6. :ultshulk::ultbayonetta1: Lumiose City(Europe)
Finale: Dracula (Europe)

Hayabusa is a globe trotter. Most of the games see him traveling across the world to an extent. The narrative is that a demon has resurrected and Hayabusa is travelling to defeat said demon. And so each stage is a location he would be passing by and the combatants are would be residents of said area.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Edgeworth: “They’re all guilty!”

(Since Edgeworth is a prosecutor who will stop at nothing for a guilty verdict, all battles are against those who are accused of wrongdoing, but it is questionable if they should be punished) (Assumes Edgeworth is in as a Pheonix Echo)

Stage 1: :ultmario: and :ultyoshi: on Delfino Plaza with :ultbowserjr: ally (Delfino Plaza (Ultimate)) (Mario being accused of vandalizing Isle Delfino, with Yoshi helping him on his adventure and Jr. being the real culprit)

Stage 2: :ultjoker: on Mementos (Beneath the Mask) (Joker leads the Phantom Theives, which is a “Criminal” Organization that fights to change the ways of those who are corrupt)

Stage 3: :ulthero: on Yggdrasil’s Altar (Unflinchable Courage) (Eleven is labelled as “The Darkspawn” in DQ11, and sets out to clear his name)

Stage 4: :ultolimar: on Garden of Hope with :ultalph: (Fragment of Hope) (Alph, Brittany and Charlie thought it was Olimar who stole their food at one point in Pikmin 3, when it was actually Louie)

Stage 5: :ultkingdedede: and :ultmetaknight: on Green Greens (A Battle of Friends and Bonds 2) (Are often viewed as Villains, but have changed their ways from Kirby’s Return to Dreamland onward, having done no evil canonically & willingly since then)

Stage 6: Pheonix on District Court (Pheonix/Edgeworth’s Stage) (Pursuit~Cornered) (Pheonix is the defense)

Bonus Stage

Final Battle: Master Hand & Crazy Hand on District Court Omega (Accused of being villains in SSE & WoL, but didn’t act on their own wills)

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
Tatanga
Capture the Princesses... all of them!

Stage 1: Daisy
Stage 2: Peach
Stage 3: Zelda (after she's defeated you fight Sheik)
Stage 4: Lucina
Stage 5: Rosalina and Luma
Stage 6: Palutena
Boss: battle against Mario, Luigi, Wario, Link, Chrom, and Pit all at once

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Here's one for Lilty (Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles)
The theme I chose was, "four-player games and modes." I went with this because one of the defining traits of Crystal Chronicles was it's multiplayer.
Lilty's Classic route would have a unique twist on the formula; all matches are 4 vs 4 team battles. 3 ally Lilty fight alongside you in each round.
Round 1

Song: Splattack! (Splatoon)
Round 2

Song: Super Bell Hill (Super Mario 3D World)
Round 3

Song: Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)
Round 4

Song: Forest/Nature Area
Round 5

Song: Village of the Blue Maiden (Zelda: Four Swords Adventures)
Round 6

Song: Opening - Super Smash Bros. Melee (Brawl)
Boss: Rathalos
It's only natural to fight a dragon as the boss, since it's Final Fnatasy and all. It can also be seen as a reference to the boss of the Conall Curach level from Crystal Chronicles.

Side note, I don't think Classic modes have repeat opponents, but I had to use Mario and Kirby twice since there weren't many multiplayer franchises I could reference well with what was available on the roster.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The theme I chose was, "four-player games and modes." I went with this because one of the defining traits of Crystal Chronicles was it's multiplayer.
Lilty's Classic route would have a unique twist on the formula; all matches are 4 vs 4 team battles. 3 ally Lilty fight alongside you in each round.
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

It's only natural to fight a dragon as the boss, since it's Final Fnatasy and all. It can also be seen as a reference to the boss of the Conall Curach level from Crystal Chronicles.

Side note, I don't think Classic modes have repeat opponents, but I had to use Mario and Kirby twice since there weren't many multiplayer franchises I could reference well with what was available on the roster.
Oooh, I ADORE those images for each round! How did you make them?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Do I think it's weird that Mario and Kirby have to be fought twice? Yes. Do I like it? YES.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Kazuma Kiryu classic mode: Like a Dragon

Fight 1:

Fighter: Little Mac
Stage: Fourside

Fight 2:

Fighter: Lucas (Claus alt skin)
Stage: New Donk city hall

Fight 3:

Fighter: Ganondorf
Stage: Wrecking crew

Fight 4:

Fighter: Dracula

Fight 5:

Fighter: Link
Stage: Wrecking Crew

Fight 6:

Fighter: Erdrick
Stage: Shadow Moses Island

Boss:Giant Ridley
Stage: Millenium Tower omega mode

I would have picked Rathalos since Kiryu would be taking on a literal Dragon but like how Majima put it in Project X Zone "All your battles always seem to make their way back here." So the last battle being on a Millenium Tower stage makes perfect sense and you can only fight Rathalos in the monster Hunter stage

I also tried referencing characters and boss fights from the series but I had to really think, like with Majima I made him Link because both are skilled at different weapons and Majima has a spin attack, like Link and his stage is the wrecking crew stage because of Majima construction.

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Last edited:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
So I thought of a really simple one and it's basis is a super obvious reference.

Rival Trainer
Rival Confrontation
1: :ultbowser:
2: :ultganondorf:
3: :ultwolf:
4: :ultmetaknight:
5: :ultridley:
6: :ultkrool:
Boss: :ultpokemontrainer:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Got me a Tails Classic rooooute~
Basically a retelling of Mania's plot. After round 1, Sonic becomes a CPU ally. The actual title takes from Sonic Mania's would-be name of Sonic Discovery.
Round 1: :ultsonic: on Green Hill Zone, with Green Hill Zone as the music (Oh-ho-HO, this better be obvious~)
Round 2: Giant :ultmegaman: and three tiny magenta :ultinkling: on Boxing Ring Omega, with Studiopolis Zone Act 1 as the music (Mega is Heavy Gunner, and the Inkling Girls tag in for his Eggrobo flunkies.)
Round 3: Green :ultsheik: with 1.5x knockback and damage on hazardless Summit, with The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley as the music (Summit and the music altogether emphasize the Press Garden Zone's chilly second act, and Sheik here represents Heavy Shinobi.)
Round 4: :ultisabelle:, yellow :ultdk:, green :ultfalco:, and purple :ultlucario: on Mushroomy Kingdom, with Let's Hit the Climax! as the music (These are Heavy Magician, Bark, Bean, and Fang/Nack respectively. Mushroomy Kingdom should come close enough to Mirage Saloon Zone. On another note, Isabelle keeps to herself and is more than happy to get away from conflict.)
Round 5: Camilla!:ultcorrinf: and Jumpman :ultwario: on Norfair Omega, with Calling to the Night as the music (Norfair Omega + Calling to the Night, roughly equals Lava Reef Zone with the music being as serene as Lava Reef Zone Act 2. Corrin is Heavy Rider, and Wario always uses Wario Chopper, harkening back to Rider's pet Motobug Jimmy.)
Round 6: Giant red :ultrob: on Fourside Battlefield Mode, with Vs. Ridley as the music (Fourside is now co-opted from Sonic's route as Titanic Monarch Zone Act 1. R.O.B. can be seen as a representation of Eggman, or better yet Heavy/Phantom King. Vs. Ridley might as well represent the menacing harmonies of the track Ruby Illusions.)
Bonus Game, natch
Round 7: Marx, who may or may not represent Dr. Eggman throughout the final battle and Egg Reverie Zone, with...you know...as the music. Marx has some extra health and both Tails and Sonic, in turn, have 20% each to start. Sonic actually deals twice as much damage (Super Sonic, I guess) as usual.
Credits music: Believe in Myself (Sonic Adventure 2)

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Black Mage (FF): Master of the Elements (Fights against characters who correlate with Robin's spells)
Stage 1: :ultrobin::ultpikachu:on Pokémon Stadium (Main Theme - Red and Blue (Melee))
Stage 2: :ultrobinf::ultfalcon:on :porttown: (Fire Field (Brawl))
Stage 3: :ultrobinf::ultpit:on :skyworld: (Song of Storms)
Stage 4: :ultrobin::ultdarksamus:on Dracula's Castle (Lost Painting)
Stage 5: :ulthero: on Yggdrasil's Altar (Marching Through the Fields)
Stage 6: :ultrobin::ultrobinf:on Arena Ferox (Id (Purpose) (Remix))
Boss: Master (and Crazy) Hand
its a good idea but would it make sense for them to be themed on more FF spells? you know maybe the belmonts with the scythe for death? maybe ivysaur for bio, squirtle greninja or corrin for water

Perkilator

Smash Legend

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Top Bottom