• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Okay! here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DnixDmlhUyFQhIzUHWd7sTMCLZVRDQov/view?usp=sharing the character is Mario, I'm still new to sending things over the internet but I'm sure nothing will happen
I've tried the mod and I've got to say, Mario's new grounded and aerial speed is quite overpowered, but I feel like that term still applies better to Fox's entire set of characteristics. I see you also changed Up-Air to launch vertically even though its original angle is already really powerful. He is quite a bit better overall, I'd say about as good as Dr. Mario on the latest official tier list.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
I've tried the mod and I've got to say, Mario's new grounded and aerial speed is quite overpowered, but I feel like that term still applies better to Fox's entire set of characteristics. I see you also changed Up-Air to launch vertically even though its original angle is already really powerful. He is quite a bit better overall, I'd say about as good as Dr. Mario on the latest official tier list.
ok then, with respect to what you tell me, I am going to apply some changes to Mario to try to fix it a little more, so I need to know if the changes I am going to make are necessary or not

-First I will reduce Mario's air mobility from 1.35 to 1.11, I think that with the improvement of Mario's tornado it will be more than enough to have a better recovery

-I will also increase the vertical momentum of air up B from 0.95 to 1.11, I know it seems a big number but the truth is there are not many changes when modifying the number

Last edited:

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
ok then, with respect to what you tell me, I am going to apply some changes to Mario to try to fix it a little more, so I need to know if the changes I am going to make are necessary or not

-First I will reduce Mario's air mobility from 1.35 to 1.11, I think that with the improvement of Mario's tornado it will be more than enough to have a better recovery

-I will also increase the vertical momentum of air up B from 0.95 to 1.11, I know it seems a big number but the truth is there are not many changes when modifying the number
Yes, Up-B momentum is definitely one way to make him overpowered! Perhaps making it full invincible and giving the first hit some sort of instant KO property would make it even more broken.

I still don't exactly know what your idea of an overpowered character is, however. Fox is overpowered because he has unrivaled tools and can get around any stage with relative ease. I imagine giving Mario more gravity, more ground speed, making Fireball's priority transcendent and giving his jump more initial velocity and making his D-Air a soft spike (along with the landing hit) would make him roughly about as good as Captain Falcon.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
ok let me explain my way to make a character overpowered

In general, the idea of making characters overpowered is to do it as I said, overpowered (Bruh) and thus including tools and abilities that would help him in his fight, not to mention that all his weaknesses become his best weapons but making each character have characteristics that make him different from the others, for example let's take Mario as an example, Mario is an exceptional character to make combos, he has a solid projectile and an equally solid edge guarding, but he has difficulties to KO and to have a sufficient recovery predictable and with a mediocre range, so the idea of modifying it would be to make it even more good at combos, have a beautiful projectile and improve its edegeguarding, and take its weaknesses as improvements to include attacks with greater damage and with a greater chance of KO , and also adding an optimal recovery although it requires effort from the player (mario tornado)

Some characters would be more specific to modify, for example Bowser, something that makes him good is that he is quite a difficult character to KO thanks to his weight and fast fall, not to mention that his attacks are very strong, especially aerial ones, but he has many disadvantages since thanks to its weight it is quite easy to make combos and although it has quite strong attacks, they have little range and are terribly slow, the best way to improve it would be to give it attacks with more range to improve its defenses since they are quite good in itself , It would also be good to improve the vertical impulse of the jump and the up b to give him a better recovery, also with the help of the FSM the speed of his attacks could be improved so as not to leave him so vulnerable when attacking, so Bowser would be quite a character threatening thanks to its giant and fast attacks, with a large amount of damage and an acceptable recovery, but quite difficult to remove from the stage

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
I have been messing around with this program trying to "fix" melee, pretty much just reworking/rebalancing the bad characters and slightly changing stronger characters to make the game more fun. And while I was trying to make ness down air faster than Dk's (yeah btw Ness's down air is somehow slower) using the FSM system it just crashed the immediacy I went into a game, no matter which character I was playing. I think it was more a problem with FSM working than the change but, anyways I use an iso of the 20xx 2.07 ++ pack and I'm wondering if you could tell me a reason why it doesn't work or what version i should use if not that.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
I have been messing around with this program trying to "fix" melee, pretty much just reworking/rebalancing the bad characters and slightly changing stronger characters to make the game more fun. And while I was trying to make ness down air faster than Dk's (yeah btw Ness's down air is somehow slower) using the FSM system it just crashed the immediacy I went into a game, no matter which character I was playing. I think it was more a problem with FSM working than the change but, anyways I use an iso of the 20xx 2.07 ++ pack and I'm wondering if you could tell me a reason why it doesn't work or what version i should use if not that.
It also happened to me when I tried to put the FSM patch in 20xx, and also like it happened to you, the game stopped working every time I played a game (luckily I had a backup copy) what if the FSM was use in game for SD Remix mod if you press the D-pad to the left, you can realize that and test characters like ness with his down air or mario with his forward air

It should be mentioned that the versions that we modify of the characters are the PAL version of the game and not the versions that we normally use to fight, you can access them by pressing the D-pad on the right

It is possible that the game freezes because as the patch has already been applied, putting it a second time breaks the game, I have not started to look if it is possible to modify a copy of 20xx or the crazy hand program to be able to access the characters of the SD Remix and remove the patch, but it is possible

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
It also happened to me when I tried to put the FSM patch in 20xx, and also like it happened to you, the game stopped working every time I played a game (luckily I had a backup copy) what if the FSM was use in game for SD Remix mod if you press the D-pad to the left, you can realize that and test characters like ness with his down air or mario with his forward air

It should be mentioned that the versions that we modify of the characters are the PAL version of the game and not the versions that we normally use to fight, you can access them by pressing the D-pad on the right

It is possible that the game freezes because as the patch has already been applied, putting it a second time breaks the game, I have not started to look if it is possible to modify a copy of 20xx or the crazy hand program to be able to access the characters of the SD Remix and remove the patch, but it is possible
So you are saying that if I use SD remix it will change the PAL characters? So should I just be using SD remix instead? Man I am gonna have to transfer a lot of data. Also The crashes start happening the first time you put it in 20xx no matter if you remove it or not if that somehow answers what you were asking

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
I've also did a bit of modding on a vanilla Melee ISO and a 20XX and while the vanilla worked perfectly fine, the 20XX would always crash just before loading a match. So the problem is definitely with the 20XX Mod. I don't know the reason though...

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
So you are saying that if I use SD remix it will change the PAL characters? So should I just be using SD remix instead? Man I am gonna have to transfer a lot of data. Also The crashes start happening the first time you put it in 20xx no matter if you remove it or not if that somehow answers what you were asking
Of course not, you can continue modifying to 20xx as you want, but you will not be able to use the FSM because SD Remix already has them, instead, I recommend you to use a normal version of melee, there you can apply the patch to the game, although if you you want, I remind you that you can modify the program or the 20xx to access the SD Remix and remove the patch

Aaryan Kumar

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
AARY#338
Hey, everyone!

I'm seeking help regarding a specific subaction here. I am trying to make Ness' aerial Up B animation while he's controlling PK Thunder ledge-snap like Fox or Falco's Up B. I've tried copying every possible attribute from the spacies, but there was either no effect or the game crashed.

If anyone can help me find the attribute that's needed to make an Up B ledge-snap, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
I believe you must go to move logic and then copy and paste the animation interrupt code to do it. But there may be side effects.

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
Of course not, you can continue modifying to 20xx as you want, but you will not be able to use the FSM because SD Remix already has them, instead, I recommend you to use a normal version of melee, there you can apply the patch to the game, although if you you want, I remind you that you can modify the program or the 20xx to access the SD Remix and remove the patch
So if I want to use FSM and have all the characters I have to unlock them all by playing 1000 matches? also there's no way to access hitboxes In the original iso so that makes everything harder... Any solution?

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
So if I want to use FSM and have all the characters I have to unlock them all by playing 1000 matches? also there's no way to access hitboxes In the original iso so that makes everything harder... Any solution?
play 1000 matches to unlock the characters? bro, simply download a save data of the game, download dolphin, access "manage memory cards" find the save data of Melee and voila, although if you did not understand me search "how to use a save data of gamecube"

or also (and much easier) enter the 20xx, go to the extras and look for an option called "Regular save, all unlocked" for the 20xx to do a save data of melee with everything unlocked

Last edited:

Fanter

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FANT#195
play 1000 matches to unlock the characters? bro, simply download a save data of the game, download dolphin, access "manage memory cards" find the save data of Melee and voila, although if you did not understand me search "how to use a save data of gamecube"

or also (and much easier) enter the 20xx, go to the extras and look for an option called "Regular save, all unlocked" for the 20xx to do a save data of melee with everything unlocked
Well even if I do this I won't be able to see hitboxes so it will be practically impossible to make new moves, is there really no better way to access FSM and change moves? Also thanks for taking time to help me out, I know i'm probably being pretty annoying right now so I really appreciate you trying to help me.

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
I guess the program has been discontinued right? There are no more updates than I can see, I would like to know what things could have come out in the updates (in addition to fixing bugs) such as being able to modify more advanced things such as hurtboxes or make an FSM script (such as the projectile spawn script of alchilles) to avoid having to patch the ISO

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I keep trying to come back to making Falcon have a chargable neutral B like Shiek and have it act like dk's punch for midair turnaround cancels and donkey punch but I just end up breaking it and it never loads. I feel like I'm just shooting in the dark with this, its fun but damn am I dumb. any help?

The_Grand_Poobah

Smash Rookie
So I managed to find a workaround to the issue I'm about to describe, but I had this weird problem with Bowser upthrow. I never made any changes to the subactions yet for some reason it completely changed behavior. Instead of the set knockback it should have I was getting a very weak upthrow that would send opponents straight up and with so little knockback they'd get a guaranteed punish on me. "Fixed" it by doing a kb growth of 1, for some reason I couldn't edit WDSK on his upthrow subaction 1. Regardless of this one problem, this has been a fantastically fun tool to use, thank you to the creators.

Jupid

Smash Rookie
I need help. I have been working on making a ""balanced"" melee mod, and I am currently working on fixing bowser. I do not know how to add subactions to his up-b a link to GCR and a good hex editor would also help.

ManjitouYoshimitsu

Smash Rookie
Did you Unzip it? if so you need Java. Tell me the issue if there is anything else
I guess since I am having the same issue I'll join in.
Yes I extracted it, and yes I know I need Java. But I don't know if the issue is that it didn't come pre-installed on the PC or not because everything I've downloaded has not yielded any positive results. And I guess basically everyone just magically gets it to work because I never see ANYONE trying to give some sort of guidance on the issue.

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
I guess since I am having the same issue I'll join in.
Yes I extracted it, and yes I know I need Java. But I don't know if the issue is that it didn't come pre-installed on the PC or not because everything I've downloaded has not yielded any positive results. And I guess basically everyone just magically gets it to work because I never see ANYONE trying to give some sort of guidance on the issue.
CrazyHand cannot access ISOs in a restricted part of your drive (root of C:\ in most cases), or if it's being used by other software. If it doesn't work right off the bat, try making a copy of your ISO in a new folder on your desktop and opening that instead.

Last edited:

ManjitouYoshimitsu

Smash Rookie
CrazyHand cannot access ISOs in a restricted part of your drive (root of C:\ in most cases), or if it's being used by other software. If it doesn't work right off the bat, try making a copy of your ISO in a new folder on your desktop and opening that instead.
That isn't the issue I have right now. The issue IS the Java part. It refuses to work with anything and everything I throw at it.
Is there a SPECIFIC Java file I need to get? and if so, where can I find it? and when I do, what exactly do I do with it?

(also I have them in the D:/ Drive. the C:/ Drive has basically little room to speak of.)

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
That isn't the issue I have right now. The issue IS the Java part. It refuses to work with anything and everything I throw at it.
Is there a SPECIFIC Java file I need to get? and if so, where can I find it? and when I do, what exactly do I do with it?

(also I have them in the D:/ Drive. the C:/ Drive has basically little room to speak of.)
No you don't need a specific version of Java for it to work. The problem could be that the program doesn't know which Java executable to use, or is trying to open the file with WinRAR or whatever your default archiving software is. You should try right clicking on CrazyHand, clicking "Open with..." on the dropdown menu and selecting "Java Platform SE Binary" to open it.

Last edited:

ManjitouYoshimitsu

Smash Rookie
No you don't need a specific version of Java for it to work. The problem could be that the program doesn't know which Java executable to use, or is trying to open the file with WinRAR or whatever your default archiving software is. You should try right clicking on CrazyHand, clicking "Open with..." on the dropdown menu and selecting "Java Platform SE Binary" to open it.
I did that. and every single time, it just says

Unable to install Java

There are errors the following switches:
"D:\Users\Me\Downloads\Crazy Hand v1.31\Crazy Hand v1.31\Crazy Hand v1.31.jar"

Check that the commands are valid and try again.

and if It's installed, it just does that again. if I pick it manually from the file manager it doesn't even pull up that error. It does absolutely nothing.

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
I did that. and every single time, it just says

Unable to install Java

There are errors the following switches:
"D:\Users\Me\Downloads\Crazy Hand v1.31\Crazy Hand v1.31\Crazy Hand v1.31.jar"

Check that the commands are valid and try again.

and if It's installed, it just does that again. if I pick it manually from the file manager it doesn't even pull up that error. It does absolutely nothing.
Do you have the appropriate edition of Java installed? You might be using the 32 bit version on a 64 bit OS. Other than that, which revision of Java are you using? They're currently at Java 8.

ManjitouYoshimitsu

Smash Rookie
Do you have the appropriate edition of Java installed? You might be using the 32 bit version on a 64 bit OS. Other than that, which revision of Java are you using? They're currently at Java 8.
2 things.

A. I was using 64 bit.

and
B. Since that last post I've gotten it to work (I have my older brother to thank for that). I downloaded jarfix
( https://johann.loefflmann.net/en/software/jarfix/index.html ) and would highly recommend that anyone else do to if java decides to be an ass like it was for me.

its appl

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to add an action state to a move? I am currently attempting to add a death state to a character's move and don't know if it is even possible. Like, DeadDown to someone jabbing. Couldn't find an answer in this thread but I may have not searched hard enough.

dude30500

Smash Cadet
Is there any way to add an action state to a move? I am currently attempting to add a death state to a character's move and don't know if it is even possible. Like, DeadDown to someone jabbing. Couldn't find an answer in this thread but I may have not searched hard enough.
I'm not sure, but if someone made a code to add via Melee Code Manager it could be possible through that. (Would make life a lot easier)

With Crazy Hand, moves are tied to the "Move Logic" to determine the animation that comes after a move or an input, etc. Crazy Hand only allows specific character move logic to be altered (like specials), common move logic like jabs all use 1 move logic.

Last edited:

LostinCarrots

Smash Rookie

SuperHackBros

Smash Rookie
How do you put lingering hitboxes with Crazyhand? I am editing hitboxes, and trying by adding asynchronous timers between hitboxes also, to add a time gap with more hitboxes appearing after that, but it doesnt really seem to work.

Ideally, it would be a hitbox that stays open for a longer time, if I knew how

NewChallenger

Smash Cadet
Does crazy hand ever seem to like just stop working for anyone?

Like you keep trying to make a change, and save, and nothing ever, ever, ever happens / saves?

Then I reloaded crazyhand and all my changes aren't even visible anymore in the program? But still active in dolphin

any of this craziness ever happen to anyone else's crazy hand program?

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
How do I edit hitboxes to make moves such as - let's say - Kirby's down air and Up B true spikes?
What you must do to change convert an attack to a spike is to change the Angle of the attack to 290, if you try with 280 or other variations it will become a meteor

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
What you must do to change convert an attack to a spike is to change the Angle of the attack to 290, if you try with 280 or other variations it will become a meteor
Welcome back, Fald!

By default, the meteor range is between 260 and 280 degrees, so any angle outside of that interval is immune to meteor cancelling. The closest you can get to a meteor-like angle that is uninterruptible is either 259 or 281 degrees (though note that angles between 90 and 270 pull your target towards yourself.)

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Welcome back, Fald!

By default, the meteor range is between 260 and 280 degrees, so any angle outside of that interval is immune to meteor cancelling. The closest you can get to a meteor-like angle that is uninterruptible is either 259 or 281 degrees (though note that angles between 90 and 270 pull your target towards yourself.)
Hello PKFreeZZy! It's good to see you again! Sure, you're right about the angles and properties of the attacks, I only gave a rough estimate of a spike based on Marth and Falco's down air moves (obviously Marth in the NTSC version) but yeah, it's still possible to use different kinds of angles that can continue to function as a spike.

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Welcome back, Fald!

Well, after rethinking a bit, I have decided to start the Corneria Mod again, although this time I will make a slightly more serious and "professional" Mod. Focusing on creating stronger characters by improving their abilities and fixing their weaknesses without changing much in their fighting style, it will also be a neater mod so as not to create weird characters like I did with other test characters I sent you. If you want you can continue to be one of my character testers (or well literally the only one lol)

PKFreeZZy

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
VETR#758
Well, after rethinking a bit, I have decided to start the Corneria Mod again, although this time I will make a slightly more serious and "professional" Mod. Focusing on creating stronger characters by improving their abilities and fixing their weaknesses without changing much in their fighting style, it will also be a neater mod so as not to create weird characters like I did with other test characters I sent you. If you want you can continue to be one of my character testers (or well literally the only one lol)
Sure, let me know when you've got something to be tested!

Last edited:

Fald_W

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know how to remove the free fall of attacks like the side b of zelda or ganondorf?

Last edited:
Top Bottom