• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Download the converter and see for yourself, in the "importer" folder there's another folder called "configs" and there is a file named MeleeBones.cfg, it contains a list of Melee bone IDs and their equal Brawl bone names, to add another character it's as simple as copy-pasting Mario's config lower in the list, and change/add bone IDs as needed.

The only thing i really need to know is the program, i assume Universal Model Converter because it's the only one which can export Melee models with bones and everything, but i can't get to the download link.

And it's likely that for certain characters you need to rig certain body parts to another bone just in case the importer doesn't catch it.

Last edited:

AxelShaped

Smash Rookie
NNID
abdan60
Actually I realized that instead of having to ask a lot of questions I should ask for any way to find any types of Editing Tools not on the website I can use because I wanna work on melee modding. I want to find

Art Tools for Textures
Stage Layout Editors
Moveset Editors (For moving bones, making new attacks, rearranging hitboxes, etc.)
Character Model/Item Editor
Effects Editor
Gameplay Editors (Stuff related to aerial grabs, aerial smash attacks, Item summoning for a move.)
How to add stages or fighters (Or a way to use customized Target Smash Stages)
Stage Texturing
Stage Toggles (A no Hazard or Omega thing)
Extra Costume Slots.

I really wanna be a content creator for the smash community and the closest I feel to that is what I have for modding melee and I want to make both a Balanced and a Ch4os related Modpack. The programs I have downloaded and currently using is:

Melee Toolkit
Dat Texture Wizard
Melee Code Manager (But I don't know how to activate Gecko Codes)

I do have Crazy Hand but I haven't tried messing with Move Logic because I am not sure if this will crash or not work especially I haven't had much experience with it though I'll find a character to use as a Test Subject. I don't have FSM to edit the Frame Speed Modifier. I also don't know how to make characters do Double Jump Cancelling or not and I can't tell if changing Model Size can change Grab Size. I don't know how to create actions with the Subactions editor. I do also have character specific questions though which might be alot of questions, but I'd have to ask you guys in a chat or something. I don't have as much help as I liked since I started working on this after I moved so my friends can't help me experiment or give feedback and of course for those who help me with some work will be in the Thanks or Credits section where ever I put it. I do feel like it would be rude if I type too much on this thread since most of the people would get notifications if they want to see it or not.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
FSM can be installed via Crazy Hand by clicking in the "DOL mods" tab and then clicking "FSM Engine" a window will pop up asking if you want to install it, just say yes, now you can use Frame Speed Modifiers.

The Subactions editor currently only allows you to modify hitboxes, give characters items on the press of a button, and other sort of stuff. You need to spend some time on it before actually doing anything, trust me i spent some time before i finally got the most minimal change to work without crashing, it's mostly trial and error.

Don't change model size to alter the grab range, and instead offset the grab hitboxes in their respective subactions.

As for the omega stage toggle, the ones who know that are (i think) Magus, glook, Achilles1515 and Dan Salvato. (same goes for new stages)
Stage texturing is done with DAT Texture Wizard and it's very easy, effects editing is also done via DAT Texture Wizard, but i don't know where the effects are stored.

You can't really move bones nor create completely new moves, at best you can repurpose item throwing animations or other things for an attack.

Right now it's kinda-sorta possible to have new fighters, but only in 20XX, i'm still waiting for someone to make the code i requested at the Melee Codes forum, which will make new fighters (well, clone fighters to be specific) really easy (almost as easy as using BrawlEx)

There's no such thing as a "gameplay editor" to do that stuff you need to write gecko codes, or judging by what you asked, asking MagicScrumpy for those codes, then inject them with Melee Code Manager.

For all of this, you won't get very far if you rely on other people to answer all of your questions, as i said, trial and error.

TheSocialZombie

Smash Cadet
Where's the hitbox for peach's toad?

Also how can I make counter moves come out even though the character hasn't been hit?

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
The only advice i can give you is to install another JRE, i had Oracle's Java 1.8.1 and it was really garbage (To get BloodGDX to run i had to get a weird launcher thingy and use it from there, and even then it had bugs) I replaced it with OpenJDK and all problems quickly dissapeared. This also fixed Crazy Hand, which previously didn't run in this craptop.

Note that i recommend using the 32-bit version (named i586 on that page) via a installer, otherwise you will have to do a bunch of stuff manually.

If that doesn't fix it, i recommend you check your checksums using this program and compare them to those in this page, if they don't match then re-rip your ISO or download it if the checksums still don't match.

By the way, which Melee version are you running? 1.00, 1.01, 1.02 or PAL? I know for a fact that 1.00 works (albeit with a couple problems) and 1.02 works best.

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
Alright, that's as far as i can help you, if you already followed the steps i gave you, then i'm afraid i don't know how to fix that.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
I'm kind of new to this program, but I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my ISO or something.

I am trying to apply FSMs to Bowser to decide which attack to make faster, but I can't seem to get any noticeable results. I even blow it way out of proportion to see if I get any results at all, still to no avail. I am running DOL 1.00 and v1.00 of the game. Would that have any impact on the application of FSMs?

Awesomeperson159

Smash Apprentice
At one point, Crazy Hand stopped opening my ISO (a problem it seems many people have), but I copied the file and the copy worked. When I tried deleting the old one, it said "File open in System".
I'm kind of new to this program, but I'm wondering if there's something wrong with my ISO or something.

I am trying to apply FSMs to Bowser to decide which attack to make faster, but I can't seem to get any noticeable results. I even blow it way out of proportion to see if I get any results at all, still to no avail. I am running DOL 1.00 and v1.00 of the game. Would that have any impact on the application of FSMs?
I think you need 1.0.2 NTSC for FSMs.

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
I need help, I ran it with Java Runtime Environment on binary mode, and it loads for a second... then stops! Anyone have a fix?
(I can tell by the fact my Cursor (mouse) shows it loading, then a second later... it goes back to normal!)

Last edited:

TDRR

Smash Journeyman
I need help, I ran it with Java Runtime Environment on binary mode, and it loads for a second... then stops! Anyone have a fix?
(I can tell by the fact my Cursor (mouse) shows it loading, then a second later... it goes back to normal!)
The latest JRE install appears to be broken because this has happened to everyone i know. Whatever, just put this .exe in the same folder as Crazy Hand and rename "Crazy Hand.jar" to "BloodGDX.jar" so the .exe file launches it with the proper arguments.

The reason you have to rename the .jar to BloodGDX.jar is that this .exe is supposed to launch a game from Steam (named Blood) and instead load it's sourceport (BloodGDX.jar) I really don't know where i got the idea to try this to fix the issue but it worked.

Attachments

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
The latest JRE install appears to be broken because this has happened to everyone i know. Whatever, just put this .exe in the same folder as Crazy Hand and rename "Crazy Hand.jar" to "BloodGDX.jar" so the .exe file launches it with the proper arguments.

The reason you have to rename the .jar to BloodGDX.jar is that this .exe is supposed to launch a game from Steam (named Blood) and instead load it's sourceport (BloodGDX.jar) I really don't know where i got the idea to try this to fix the issue but it worked.
THANKS SO MUCH!, You do not know how much i wanted Y.Links Down-Air to spike!

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
1. Do you have a Hitbox guide?
I wanna make Y.Link's Down-Air Spike. (Got it!)

2. Do you know how to add events to subations?(Found it...)

Last edited:

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
Just close and open it again, happened to me a few minutes ago....
(In case your wondering it happened while i was editing luigi.)

Last edited:

BlueOrSomething

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the file it said to, but when I did, the program wasn't there. Even after extracting the files, Crazy Hand wasn't there. Did I do something wrong?

Allzombifood

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-0152-6057
I downloaded the file it said to, but when I did, the program wasn't there. Even after extracting the files, Crazy Hand wasn't there. Did I do something wrong?
No, you have to install crazy hand yourself...

Last edited:

dude30500

Smash Cadet
Is there a way for me to add extra stuff to Crazy hand 1.31, like new offsets plco offsets, etc. straight from the editor?

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
Is there a way for me to add extra stuff to Crazy hand 1.31, like new offsets plco offsets, etc. straight from the editor?
No, you'd need a hex editor for that. What are you trying to do specifically?

dude30500

Smash Cadet
No, you'd need a hex editor for that. What are you trying to do specifically?
I just wanted to add some more projectile hitboxes, and name some of the unknown char attributes and adding Char specific attributes to jiggly and ice climbers as examples. I already know how use the hex editor for that, but I was just wondering if I could make the Crazy Hand editor able to do all this stuff rather than file-replacing and lookin at hex.
Just to make life easier haha.

Stormghetti

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
STRM#798
NNID
Stormghetti
I just wanted to add some more projectile hitboxes, and name some of the unknown char attributes and adding Char specific attributes to jiggly and ice climbers as examples. I already know how use the hex editor for that, but I was just wondering if I could make the Crazy Hand editor able to do all this stuff rather than file-replacing and lookin at hex.
Just to make life easier haha.
I've never tried to make Crazy Hand do something it can't do, so I can't guide you through that.

LucixCloud

Smash Rookie
How do you change the size of a graphic effect?

Edit: Or is it even possible

Last edited:

dude30500

Smash Cadet
How do you change the size of a graphic effect?

Edit: Or is it even possible
I could look into changing GFX scaling, but I know its possible to edit the size of projectiles in the character files. I'm discovering many new things that were previously undocumented atm.

dude30500

Smash Cadet
How do you change projectile size? I was gonna raise the size of Mario's fireballs a while back, but never found out how
Using a hex editor: goto the offset 3A94, its a floating point value of 1.0 (should be seen as 3f800000) Do note that is scales all collision sizes by this amount as well making it actually behave differently rather than just being purely cosmetic

Other cool offsets nearby is
3A98 = GFX ID when projectile disappears (default 00000421)
3A9c = GFX ID when projectile hitbox connects (default 00000421)

PokemonAce101

Smash Rookie
Ran into a bit of an issue with the frame speed modifier tab on crazy hand. Whenever I try to load it now, It just fails and glitches the window a bit and refuses to let me use the whole program aside from the top toolbar, essentially soft crashing it. I made a back-up rom and reset the FSM dol mod, and can access the screen again, albeit empty. Anyone have a potential fix for this? Re-adding everything manually would take a long, long time and there is no guarantee it wouldn't do it again.

dude30500

Smash Cadet
Thank you!

Is this just the offset for Mario's fireball? Or is it the same offset for other characters? If it's not the same, how would I locate these offsets for other character's projectiles?
It's different for every character file. I used http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Article_Floating_Points_(Melee)#Mario and looked at the offset that was documented for Mario's fireball in order to find any other interesting values. I also hopefully try to document more values that may not have been found yet, not just for projectiles but any other character specific attributes (a lot of "unknown")

Another way is to open dolphin in debug mode and memory edit values and see the results (a bit complicated at first if you've never done this before).

p.s. I hope im not bad at explaining things, i feel like im terrible at teaching xDD

Last edited:
Top Bottom