• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
once you save the character modded, does it just change it in the iso automatically?
That's correct. Any changes made in Crazy Hand are applied directly to the ISO. This means you can play it on a wii with the same process you would for a normal melee ISO.

Lanehdh

Smash Rookie
hay sorry about this but i cant seem to open the program... or use it at least. Every time i open it in java and select melee, it disapears and nothing else. Help.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
hay sorry about this but i cant seem to open the program... or use it at least. Every time i open it in java and select melee, it disapears and nothing else. Help.
Make sure dolphin isn't open when you open up your iso, the window will simply disappear if it is.

whims

Smash Apprentice
have we figured out how the multiple jumps work? i'm wondering if they're modifiable by any means other than a complete rewrite from the hex level

Implix

Smash Rookie
Hey guys i was just wondering if it would be possible to make ness's Down B jump cancelable for a project im working on. ive already given it a hitbbox. Cheers :D

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
I have two more questions:
How can I make it to where Game and Watch can act out of his up-b like in sm4sh, and how can I make it to where Bowser can wavedash easier?

whims

Smash Apprentice
How can I make it to where Game and Watch can act out of his up-b like in sm4sh, and how can I make it to where Bowser can wavedash easier?
for bowser, change his jumpsquat frames to a lower number. 4 is the typical, pichu's is 3, pikachu's is 3, sheik's is 3, samus's is 3, fox's is 3, icies is 3, kirby's is 3, falco's is 5, dk's is 5, jiggs is 5, mewtwo's is 5, peach's is 5, roy's is 5, yoshi's is 5, ganon's is 6, link's is 6, zelda's is 6. bowser is a full 2 frames above the rest of the cast at 8 frames, which is ridiculous. to make his wavedash more like anybody's but the ones mentioned, make it 4 frames, to make it like any of the characters i mentioned here, make it the same number of frames that matches that character.

as for the first question, i'm not sure. i looked in crazy hand for a while and didn't find anything

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Oh gosh, I suck at everything. It's updated now...
Lol, I've just had v1.31 without other people having it for so long. I didn't know I was in such an exclusive group. Damn, even Kanye West would have only been able to get v1.30.

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
Whenever I add a new stage or new music and rebuild the ISO, it takes away all of the changes I made in crazy hand. For example: I added a custom dreamland 64 stage. I then rebuilt the ISO, played on it as Pichu, and Pichu takes damage again. Mind you that I edited to where Pichu doesn't take damage to anything anymore. How do I prevent this from happening, if there's a way?

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Whenever I add a new stage or new music and rebuild the ISO, it takes away all of the changes I made in crazy hand. For example: I added a custom dreamland 64 stage. I then rebuilt the ISO, played on it as Pichu, and Pichu takes damage again. Mind you that I edited to where Pichu doesn't take damage to anything anymore. How do I prevent this from happening, if there's a way?
I assume that you're using GCRebuilder to rebuild your ISO with new stages / music. When you unpack your ISO using GCRebuilder, it unpacks your whole ISO including character files. The character files being used in your rebuilt ISO aren't being edited by Crazy Hand since they are separate files from the ISO itself.

I probably didn't explain that great(or fully). TLDR if want a new stage / new music / do anything that requires you to rebuild your ISO, do those changes first then edit the newly-made ISO in Crazy Hand OR unpack your ISO with changes to characters before adding new stages/music.

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
I assume that you're using GCRebuilder to rebuild your ISO with new stages / music. When you unpack your ISO using GCRebuilder, it unpacks your whole ISO including character files. The character files being used in your rebuilt ISO aren't being edited by Crazy Hand since they are separate files from the ISO itself.

I probably didn't explain that great(or fully). TLDR if want a new stage / new music / do anything that requires you to rebuild your ISO, do those changes first then edit the newly-made ISO in Crazy Hand OR unpack your ISO with changes to characters before adding new stages/music.
I had a feeling that was the only way to do it. Ah oh well. I'm happy with the stages and music I put anyways. Also I like your pfp. Nice reference to that movie I forgot the name of

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
Oh and another thing: is there a way to make it to where Ness can use his up b twice in case he hits the stage like in Sm4sh?

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Oh and another thing: is there a way to make it to where Ness can use his up b twice in case he hits the stage like in Sm4sh?
It's hypothetically possible, but you'll need to learn ASM to do it most likely. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to ASM but Dan Salvato made some great tutorials on this subject a while back: http://smashboards.com/threads/internetexplorers-intro-to-wii-game-modding-youtube.331925/ It's a long watch, but it might give you insight on what to do.

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
A pichu player posting in a character modding forum thread?

BANNED
boi I only play him SD Remix
It's hypothetically possible, but you'll need to learn ASM to do it most likely. I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to ASM but Dan Salvato made some great tutorials on this subject a while back: http://smashboards.com/threads/internetexplorers-intro-to-wii-game-modding-youtube.331925/ It's a long watch, but it might give you insight on what to do.
thank

ChefSeth

Smash Rookie
I'm having the same problem as Lanehdh, when I select the ISO it just closes and nothing happens

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found the solution. You have to single click the ISO then actually click the Open button, if you double click the ISO it just closes Lanehdh Lanehdh

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
There is enough room there, just take away any sound effects rumble, and continuation timers. The effect I got a while ago was quite shocking. Or maybe I did remove a goto, idk. I don't think I did.
14000000 0000XXXX and 1C000000 0000XXXX are "black sheep" and f**kin' weird.
These commands still remain likes ghost even though you delete these commands.

For example,

this commands
14000000 000035F8 ...........
change to
08000005 2C00000A ..........

In this case, game will freeze when hitbox hit a character because damage is 504%(0x1F8%).

So, we should be careful not to move these commands.

Magicalbarf

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brerro
You guys know how Falcon and Link can grab the ledge while facing the opposite direction unlike other characters? Well I was wondering if there was a way to make it to where all characters can do that. Also i'd like to know how to make it to where a character has more cool down after using an attack

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
You guys know how Falcon and Link can grab the ledge while facing the opposite direction unlike other characters? Well I was wondering if there was a way to make it to where all characters can do that. Also i'd like to know how to make it to where a character has more cool down after using an attack
Well the first thing isn't really something easy to do. Its very likely/ probably true that grabbing the ledge is defined in the special interrupts table probably as an interrupt. You'd have to manually replace every character's special interrupts, it'd be nasty. 99% of the time Cooldown can be added by simply increasing the timer until IASA and Autocancelling. If that doesn't work you can add a FSM and make the end of the move slower.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please help me! The mod pack I have been working on for 2 months crashes when you rapid jab! It was when I used the dol engine code from crazy hand. I tried removing it, it still crashed. Thank You.

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
I made my own melee patch, I just made him a tiny bit lighter in his balance. Just make his gravity lower. Hope this helps!

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I made my own melee patch, I just made him a tiny bit lighter in his balance. Just make his gravity lower. Hope this helps!
I don't really know what your answer is, but gravity usually doesn't affect wavedashing in significant ways. The only way it affects wavedashing is perfect wavelanding, with bowser somehow getting extra frames to do it because he is fat. If you want to make it easier to wavedash you should decrease jump startup frames. If you want longer wavedashes decrease friction.

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Can someone please help me! The mod pack I have been working on for 2 months crashes when you rapid jab! It was when I used the dol engine code from crazy hand. I tried removing it, it still crashed. Thank You.
Does the crash happen during any characters rapid jab, or just a specific character?
Did you add any FSM (Frame Speed Modifiers) before the crash happened?
Did you use an unmodified version of melee for this mod, or was it altered somehow(20XX, codes added from DRGN's code manager and if so which codes, etc)?

If anyone's seen MagicScrumpy's new video on how Mewtwo can act out of his up B, does anyone know how?
He probably changed one of the ???? values associated with up-B in mewtwo's character specific attributes.

From what I remember some values associated with a character's up-B allowed them to jump out of special fall, or even not enter special fall at all.
He may have also just added an IASA call on mewtwo's up-B so he could cancel the move with another attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom