• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Tater Tater , I love you :)

I would have answered that question in one sentence, but you'll go above and beyond to help people out as best you can by answering any question in detail. You're awesome.

NeoRed

Smash Cadet
How can you make, say, Fox's side-b able to be cancelled into anything after doing it? And how do you change fox's side b speed?

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
You can make with frame speed modifiers.
Watch this.
And, this mod is here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33JtWjcXD2WQ3UybkEzT0JtaG8
I always wondered why Ganon and Falcon were the only ones who could regain their double. With the balance of my mod, this could help even the playing field.

I hope I can find how to allow an interrupt to fox and falco's side b in ur text/mod as well

____

Yah I can't figure out what the sole cause is of the side-b cancel.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I always wondered why Ganon and Falcon were the only ones who could regain their double. With the balance of my mod, this could help even the playing field.

I hope I can find how to allow an interrupt to fox and falco's side b in ur text/mod as well

____

Yah I can't figure out what the sole cause is of the side-b cancel.
I'd assume its a start.dol modification pertaining to a value in their special interrupts or the values near it. Read up on this and try changing the values of the side-b to the fall interrupt. I believe the fall interrupt is 800CCD34. [source] Another thing you could do is search through the table of contents at 0x3BF800 in the start.dol for a subaction that has the interrupt you want and replace the side-b interrupt with the value 0x10 after the subaction id. Example at 0x3BFB00 is the landing subaction. Replacing an interrrupt with its interrupt at 0x3BFB10 will make it jump cancellable (most of the time)

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
I'd assume its a start.dol modification pertaining to a value in their special interrupts or the values near it. Read up on this and try changing the values of the side-b to the fall interrupt. I believe the fall interrupt is 800CCD34. [source]
This is an excerpt of Yoshi's code for specials and shield at address 3C9810 in main.DOL, all the other characters are easy to find and are located in this general area of the DOL too."
o__o'|l Nice! I'll have to take a look at this pretty specific thread later but it looks like what I was after. I'm sure NeoRed wants to know too ^ ^

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Anyways I just tried it, it seems to work with everything BUT shine. Which makes it crash. lol Edit: it might be because I've edited falco's aerial shine action physics. (It is)

Last edited:

god_cyndaquil

Smash Rookie
does anyone have a video on how to use this in general, because iv'e been using this for a while but i still don't know what everything means and how things work

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Yep got it to work. shove this start.dol into your iso with GCR to test it. Changes are:
0x3CE978: 800EA080 -> 800CCD34
0x3CE9B4: 800EA9A8 -> 800CCD34
in the start.dol
You'd want to do the same with fox's aerial side-b as well. For the grounded ones you'd prob want to use the 8008A4D4 interrupt (Wait interrupt)

Last edited:

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
On another note I found out something HILLARIOUS with falco's side-b and I'm uploading it immediately. Point is, its definitely not the action physics you want to edit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9cKfn_Dkw
You just increased the Falco suicide rate XD

Yep got it to work. shove this start.dol into your iso with GCR to test it. Changes are:
0x3CE978: 800EA080 -> 800CCD34
0x3CE9B4: 800EA9A8 -> 800CCD34
in the start.dol
You'd want to do the same with fox's aerial side-b as well. For the grounded ones you'd prob want to use the 8008A4D4 interrupt (Wait interrupt)
And the side-bs should probably only be interruptible by upB only since it can easily be spammed to stall off-stage I believe but I'll look into this stuff today finally. Fox and Falco are relatively more balanced in "my" mod than in vanilla so they could use the help. Thanks for messing around with this stuff and sharing it btw~

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
Hi, I found this program a while back and I really liked it. Recently I've been tinkering with it more, and I've been trying to make Bowser's down-b have very little landing lag when used airborne, so I'm messing with SpecialLwLanding. I guessed the multiple timers in that subaction were what made the lag be bigger or shorter, so I made them very small (2 frames, I believe). The game crashed, but I'm not 100% sure it was because of that. I reset Bowser's data and I'm going to try and see if when he lands from a down-b it still crashes. Anyways, my question is how to manipulate landing lag from airborne specials and even aerials (I'm aware there's an attribute just for that but it didn't seem to affect the landing lag)
EDIT: Bowser still crashes the game when he starts to go down after reaching the peak of his jump from a grounded down-B.
EDIT 2: Never mind the aerial part, the landing lag attributes do work :)

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I found this program a while back and I really liked it. Recently I've been tinkering with it more, and I've been trying to make Bowser's down-b have very little landing lag when used airborne, so I'm messing with SpecialLwLanding. I guessed the multiple timers in that subaction were what made the lag be bigger or shorter, so I made them very small (2 frames, I believe). The game crashed, but I'm not 100% sure it was because of that. I reset Bowser's data and I'm going to try and see if when he lands from a down-b it still crashes. Anyways, my question is how to manipulate landing lag from airborne specials and even aerials (I'm aware there's an attribute just for that but it didn't seem to affect the landing lag)
EDIT: Bowser still crashes the game when he starts to go down after reaching the peak of his jump from a grounded down-B.
EDIT 2: Never mind the aerial part, the landing lag attributes do work :)
You probably shouldn't edit random timers and stuff in with vague names like (Landing) (Fall), its usually not a good idea. that ends up with people randomly attached to you, and strange physics. Instead you should just create a frame speed modifier onSpecialLwLanding making it faster.

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
You probably shouldn't edit random timers and stuff in with vague names like (Landing) (Fall), its usually not a good idea. that ends up with people randomly attached to you, and strange physics. Instead you should just create a frame speed modifier onSpecialLwLanding making it faster.
That's the thing, I reset Bowser's data and it still crashed. Vannila .iso worked, though. So I thought it was because I tried using framespeed modifiers. Also, wouldn't that also make the attack be out for less time? I'll try it, thanks!

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
That's the thing, I reset Bowser's data and it still crashed. Vannila .iso worked, though. So I thought it was because I tried using framespeed modifiers. Also, wouldn't that also make the attack be out for less time? I'll try it, thanks!
That would make the landing lag subaction faster, thus shorter.

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
That would make the landing lag subaction faster, thus shorter.
Hmm I was right the framespeed modifiers are for some reason crashing the game. I made a 2.0 multiplier on Bowser's SpecialLwLanding starting on frame 60 and after using a grounded down-b it crashes like I described before. This time I was able to remove it, though.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I was right the framespeed modifiers are for some reason crashing the game. I made a 2.0 multiplier on Bowser's SpecialLwLanding starting on frame 60 and after using a grounded down-b it crashes like I described before. This time I was able to remove it, though.
Its working perfectly fine for me. I placed a FSM on SpecialLwLanding starting on frame 0 for 1000x. It has 1 frame of lag. Btw SpecialLwLanding is when bowser in on the ground in his lag state. It seems like you messed up the subaction badly. Either cross reference that subaction with the default melee one to fix it, or reset the character.

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
so i just replace the character in gc rebuilder when im done
As long as you hit the "save" button after you make your changes, the newly-edited character file is saved right to your ISO. You can even launch the ISO you're editing in Dolphin right from Crazy Hand. No need for GCRebuilder :)

god_cyndaquil

Smash Rookie
As long as you hit the "save" button after you make your changes, the newly-edited character file is saved right to your ISO. You can even launch the ISO you're editing in Dolphin right from Crazy Hand. No need for GCRebuilder :)
thank you

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
one more question how do i make a characters wavedash longer
Friction/Stop deccel in the Attributes menu. The lower the value, the more "slippery" a character will be.

While I'm here, Would there be interest in some text / video tutorials explaining what different values do and/or "how to" guides for things like creating a "new" attack from scratch in Crazy Hand? I see a good amount of questions about usage and how to do certain things ( Turbo mode-style attacks is what pops up the most often :p )

Aerros11

Smash Journeyman
Friction/Stop deccel in the Attributes menu. The lower the value, the more "slippery" a character will be.

While I'm here, Would there be interest in some text / video tutorials explaining what different values do and/or "how to" guides for things like creating a "new" attack from scratch in Crazy Hand? I see a good amount of questions about usage and how to do certain things ( Turbo mode-style attacks is what pops up the most often :p )
I always wanted to give sheik a new sideB (like in smash 4). If the tutorial covers how to extend animation frames available per attack for better move swapping and how to give opponents projectiles along with the turbo stuff you mentioned, that would also be cool since those aspects aren't as intuitive

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
Its working perfectly fine for me. I placed a FSM on SpecialLwLanding starting on frame 0 for 1000x. It has 1 frame of lag. Btw SpecialLwLanding is when bowser in on the ground in his lag state. It seems like you messed up the subaction badly. Either cross reference that subaction with the default melee one to fix it, or reset the character.
I've already reset him and started over on a fresh iso, I can fix it now by disabling FSM. I'll try starting it at 0 since I think the problem is the landing doesn't take 60 frames or something so it's trying to add the modifier after the move's finished or something? Dunno.
EDIT: Okay nope this doesn't work, like at all. Now the game crashes at random moments. First it crashed after Bowser's forward roll and now when I grabbed (with Bowser). There's something wrong with FSM for me. I put a FSM on Bowser's SpecialLwLanding on Frame 0 for 6x. Is there something I need to do I'm not doing? I just do add modifier, fill in the details and save. Is there something missing I should do? The game also crashes when Bowser reachs the peak of his jump from a grounded down-b.
But if I turn off the FSM Patch it runs perfectly...

Last edited:

lecceo

Smash Rookie
I am new, and i have a few questions.
1: is there a list of id numbers and subtractions?
2: is there an easy way to modify animations(simply multiplying speed, or removing frames)
3: How does knock back growth scale(how many units per percent)
4: what determines if a move is a spike or not, and can i make a non 290 spike.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I've already reset him and started over on a fresh iso, I can fix it now by disabling FSM. I'll try starting it at 0 since I think the problem is the landing doesn't take 60 frames or something so it's trying to add the modifier after the move's finished or something? Dunno.
EDIT: Okay nope this doesn't work, like at all. Now the game crashes at random moments. First it crashed after Bowser's forward roll and now when I grabbed (with Bowser). There's something wrong with FSM for me. I put a FSM on Bowser's SpecialLwLanding on Frame 0 for 6x. Is there something I need to do I'm not doing? I just do add modifier, fill in the details and save. Is there something missing I should do? The game also crashes when Bowser reachs the peak of his jump from a grounded down-b.
But if I turn off the FSM Patch it runs perfectly...
I suggest removing any other FSMs you have, and only set a fsm on frame 0 for 6x. Bowsers specialLwLanding is when he hits the ground and is in lag, not the trip down.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I am new, and i have a few questions.
1: is there a list of id numbers and subtractions?
2: is there an easy way to modify animations(simply multiplying speed, or removing frames)
3: How does knock back growth scale(how many units per percent)
4: what determines if a move is a spike or not, and can i make a non 290 spike.
List of ids is in Subactions all
The way to modify animation speed is the FSM. To use it you first must activate the iso patch
To Access it you go to the frame speed modifiers drop down
Also in the picture are some example FSM entries.
For knockback growth check out this thread.
Angle determines if a move is a spike or not. I suspect the value for spike angles is stored somewhere in PlPc.dat.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Spike To answer your question about a non-spike 290 angle. Probably no. You'd have to either edit whatever mysterious value in PlPc.dat controls spikes through data mining, or whip up some ASM to change it.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Tater Tater Do you have a list of each subaction and its number somewhere in your crazyhand files? I'm trying to map every subaction in the melee table of contents (0x3BF800 in the start.dol) for a program I am making like
(This is EXTREMELY large)
names = [
"WallDamage",
"DamageFall",
"Wait1",
"Wait2",
"WalkSlow",
"WalkMiddle",
"WalkFast",
"Turn",
"TurnRun",
"Dash",
"Run",
"RunBrake",
"Landing",
"JumpF",
"JumpB",
"JumpAerialF",
"JumpAerialB",
"Fall",
"FallAerial",
"FallAerialF",
"FallAerialB",
"FallSpecial",
"FallSpecialF",
"FallSpecialB",
"DamageFall",
"Squat",
"SquatWait",
"SquatRv",
"Landing",
"Landing",
"Attack11",
"Attack12",
"Attack13",
"Attack100Start",
"Attack100Loop",
"Attack100Loop",
"AttackDash",
"AttackS3Hi",
"AttackS3HiS",
"AttackS3S",
"AttackS3LwS",
"AttackS3Lw",
"AttackHi3",
"AttackLw3",
"AttackS4Hi",
"[No Name?]",
"AttackS4(S)",
"[No Name?]",
"AttackS4Lw",
"AttackHi4",
"AttackLw4",
"AttackAirN",
"AttackAirF",
"AttackAirB",
"AttackAirHi",
"AttackAirLw",
"LandingAirN",
"LandingAirF",
"LandingAirB",
"LandingAirHi",
"LandingAirLw",
"DamageHi1",
"DamageHi2",
"DamageHi3",
"DamageN1",
"DamageN2",
"DamageN3",
"DamageLw1",
"DamageLw2",
"DamageLw3",
"DamageAir1",
"DamageAir2",
"DamageAir3",
"DamageFlyHi",
"DamageFlyN",
"DamageFlyLw",
"DamageFlyTop",
"DamageFlyRoll",
"LightGet",
"HeavyGet",
"LightThrowF",
"LightThrowB",
"LightThrowLw",
"LightThrowDash",
"LightThrowDrop",
"LightThrowAirF",
"LightThrowAirB",
"LightThrowAirHi",
"LightThrowAirLw",
"HeavyThrowF",
"HeavyThrowB",
"HeavyThrowHi",
"HeavyThrowLw",
"LightThrowF",
"LightThrowB",
"LightThrowHi",
"LightThrowLw",
"LightThrowAirF",
"LightThrowAirB",
"LightThrowAirHi",
"LightThrowAirLw",
"HeavyThrowF",
"HeavyThrowB",
"HeavyThrowHi",
"HeavyThrowLw",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"ItemParasolOpen",
"ItemParasolFall",
"ItemParasolFall",
"DamageFall",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemScrew",
"ItemScrewAir",
"ItemScrewDamage",
"ItemScrewDamage",
"ItemScopeStart",
"ItemScopeRapid",
"ItemScopeFire",
"ItemScopeEnd",
"ItemScopeAirStart",
"ItemScopeAirRapid",
"ItemScopeAirFire",
"ItemScopeAirEnd",
"ItemScopeStart",
"ItemScopeRapid",
"ItemScopeFire",
"ItemScopeEnd",
"ItemScopeAirStart",
"ItemScopeAirRapid",
"ItemScopeAirFire",
"ItemScopeAirEnd",
"HeavyWalk1",
"HeavyWalk2",
"GuardOn",
"Guard",
"GuardOff",
"GuardDamage",
"DownBoundU",
"DownWaitU",
"DownDamageU",
"DownStandU",
"DownAttackU",
"DownForwardU",
"DownBackU",
"DownSpotU(?)",
"DownBoundD",
"DownWaitD",
"DownDamageD",
"DownStandD",
"DownAttackD",
"DownForwardD",
"DownBackD",
"DownSpotD",
"Passive",
"PassiveStandF",
"PassiveStandB",
"PassiveWall",
"PassiveWallJump",
"PassiveCeil",
"DamageFlyTop",
"DamageFall",
"DownBoundU",
"DownBoundD",
"DownStandU",
"DownStandD",
"FuraFura",
"Catch",
"CatchDash",
"CatchWait",
"CatchAttack",
"CatchCut",
"ThrowF",
"ThrowB",
"ThrowHi",
"ThrowLw",
"CapturePulledHi",
"CaptureWaitHi",
"CaptureDamageHi",
"CapturePulledLw",
"CaptureWaitLw",
"CaptureDamageLw",
"CaptureCut",
"CaptureJump",
"[No Name]",
"[No Name]",
"EscapeF",
"EscapeB",
"EscapeN",
"EscapeAir",
"Rebound",
"T[CharName]ThrowF",
"T[CharName]ThrowB",
"T[CharNameThrowHi",
"T[CharName]ThrowLw",
"TBowser(?)ThrowLwPeach",
"Pass",
"Ottotto",
"OttottoWait",
"WallDamage",
"StopCeil",
"StopWall",
"MissFoot",
"CliffCatch",
"CliffWait",
"CliffClimbSlow",
"CliffClimbQuick",
"CliffAttackSlow",
"CliffAttackQuick",
"CliffEscapeSlow",
"CliffEscapeQuick",
"CliffJumpSlow1",
"CliffJumpSlow2",
"CliffJumpQuick1",
"CliffJumpQuick2",
"AppealR",
"AppealL",
"TDonkeyThrowFWait",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkSlow",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkMiddle",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkFast",
"TDonkeyThrowFTurn",
"TDonkeyThrowFF",
"TDonkeyThrowFB",
"TDonkeyThrowFHi",
"TDonkeyThrowFLw",
"TCaptainSpecialHi",
"TYoshiSpecialN",
"TKoopaSpecial****",
"TKoopaSpecialSEndF",
"TKoopaSpecialSEndB",
"TKoopaSpecialAir****",
"TKoopaSpecialAirSEndF",
"TKoopaSpecialAirSEndB",
"TKirbySpecialNSpit",
"TKirbySpecialNDrink",
"FuraSleepStart",
"FuraSleepLoop",
"FuraSleepEnd",
"TMewtwoSpecialS",
"TMewtwoSpecialAirS",
"ItemHammerWait",
"ItemHammerMove",

]
name_ids = [
63, # 3F
70, #47
76, #4D
165, #A5
175, #AF
181, #B5
78, #4E
89, #59
79, #4F
88,#58
92,#5C
106, #6A
130, #82
131, #83
134, #86
144, #90
145, #91
147, #93
149, #95
159, #9F
165, #A4
90, #5A
91, #5B
37, #25
40, #28
183, #B7
192, #C0
204, #CC
286, #11E
291, #123
205, #CD
242, #F2
260, #104
42, #2A
43, #2B
41, #29
44, #2C
45, #2D
262, #106
266, #10A
209, #D1
212, #D4
214, #D6
215, #D7
217, #D9
219, #DB
228, #E4
239, #EF
240, #F0
267, #10B
285, #11D
284, #11C
206, #CE
208, #D0
292, #124
132, #84
]
Each name's position in the list can be used to find its id, or vice versa.
All the subactions in the table of contents are
000a
000b
000c
000d
000d
000e
000f
001a
001b
001c
001d
001e
001f
002e
002f
003a
003b
003c
003d
003e
003f
004a
004b
004c
004d
00a5
00a6
00a7
00a8
00a9
00aa
00ab
00ac
00ad
00ae
00af
00b0
00b1
00b2
00b3
00b4
00b5
004e
004f
005c
005d
005e
005f
006a
006b
006c
006d
006e
006f
007a
007b
007c
007d
007e
007f
008a
008b
008c
008d
008e
008f
009a
009b
009c
009d
009e
009f
00a0
00a1
00a2
00a3
00a4
005a
005b
00b7
00b8
00b9
00ba
00bb
00bc
00bd
00be
00bf
00c0
00c1
00c2
00c3
00c4
00c5
00c6
00c7
00c8
00c9
00ca
00cb
00cc
011e
011f
00cd
00f2
00f2
00f3
00f3
00f4
00f5
00f6
00f7
00f8
00f9
00fa
00fb
00fc
00fd
00fe
00ff
002a
002b
002c
002d
010a
00d1
00d2
00d3
00d4
00d6
00d5
00d6
00d7
00d8
00d9
00db
00dc
00dd
00de
00df
00e0
00e1
00e2
00e3
00e4
00ef
00f0
010b
010c
010d
010e
010f
00fe
011a
011b
001d
011d
011c
001d
00ce
00cf
00d0
00cd
001e
001f
I spent quite a lot of time sorting through each subaction to tie it to the numbers, and I found out I missed a few numbers. :(

Last edited:

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Tater Tater Do you have a list of each subaction and its number somewhere in your crazyhand files? I'm trying to map every subaction in the melee table of contents (0x3BF800 in the start.dol) for a program I am making like
(This is EXTREMELY large)
names = [
"WallDamage",
"DamageFall",
"Wait1",
"Wait2",
"WalkSlow",
"WalkMiddle",
"WalkFast",
"Turn",
"TurnRun",
"Dash",
"Run",
"RunBrake",
"Landing",
"JumpF",
"JumpB",
"JumpAerialF",
"JumpAerialB",
"Fall",
"FallAerial",
"FallAerialF",
"FallAerialB",
"FallSpecial",
"FallSpecialF",
"FallSpecialB",
"DamageFall",
"Squat",
"SquatWait",
"SquatRv",
"Landing",
"Landing",
"Attack11",
"Attack12",
"Attack13",
"Attack100Start",
"Attack100Loop",
"Attack100Loop",
"AttackDash",
"AttackS3Hi",
"AttackS3HiS",
"AttackS3S",
"AttackS3LwS",
"AttackS3Lw",
"AttackHi3",
"AttackLw3",
"AttackS4Hi",
"[No Name?]",
"AttackS4(S)",
"[No Name?]",
"AttackS4Lw",
"AttackHi4",
"AttackLw4",
"AttackAirN",
"AttackAirF",
"AttackAirB",
"AttackAirHi",
"AttackAirLw",
"LandingAirN",
"LandingAirF",
"LandingAirB",
"LandingAirHi",
"LandingAirLw",
"DamageHi1",
"DamageHi2",
"DamageHi3",
"DamageN1",
"DamageN2",
"DamageN3",
"DamageLw1",
"DamageLw2",
"DamageLw3",
"DamageAir1",
"DamageAir2",
"DamageAir3",
"DamageFlyHi",
"DamageFlyN",
"DamageFlyLw",
"DamageFlyTop",
"DamageFlyRoll",
"LightGet",
"HeavyGet",
"LightThrowF",
"LightThrowB",
"LightThrowLw",
"LightThrowDash",
"LightThrowDrop",
"LightThrowAirF",
"LightThrowAirB",
"LightThrowAirHi",
"LightThrowAirLw",
"HeavyThrowF",
"HeavyThrowB",
"HeavyThrowHi",
"HeavyThrowLw",
"LightThrowF",
"LightThrowB",
"LightThrowHi",
"LightThrowLw",
"LightThrowAirF",
"LightThrowAirB",
"LightThrowAirHi",
"LightThrowAirLw",
"HeavyThrowF",
"HeavyThrowB",
"HeavyThrowHi",
"HeavyThrowLw",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"Swing1",
"Swing3",
"Swing41",
"SwingDash",
"ItemParasolOpen",
"ItemParasolFall",
"ItemParasolFall",
"DamageFall",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemShoot",
"ItemShootAir",
"ItemScrew",
"ItemScrewAir",
"ItemScrewDamage",
"ItemScrewDamage",
"ItemScopeStart",
"ItemScopeRapid",
"ItemScopeFire",
"ItemScopeEnd",
"ItemScopeAirStart",
"ItemScopeAirRapid",
"ItemScopeAirFire",
"ItemScopeAirEnd",
"ItemScopeStart",
"ItemScopeRapid",
"ItemScopeFire",
"ItemScopeEnd",
"ItemScopeAirStart",
"ItemScopeAirRapid",
"ItemScopeAirFire",
"ItemScopeAirEnd",
"HeavyWalk1",
"HeavyWalk2",
"GuardOn",
"Guard",
"GuardOff",
"GuardDamage",
"DownBoundU",
"DownWaitU",
"DownDamageU",
"DownStandU",
"DownAttackU",
"DownForwardU",
"DownBackU",
"DownSpotU(?)",
"DownBoundD",
"DownWaitD",
"DownDamageD",
"DownStandD",
"DownAttackD",
"DownForwardD",
"DownBackD",
"DownSpotD",
"Passive",
"PassiveStandF",
"PassiveStandB",
"PassiveWall",
"PassiveWallJump",
"PassiveCeil",
"DamageFlyTop",
"DamageFall",
"DownBoundU",
"DownBoundD",
"DownStandU",
"DownStandD",
"FuraFura",
"Catch",
"CatchDash",
"CatchWait",
"CatchAttack",
"CatchCut",
"ThrowF",
"ThrowB",
"ThrowHi",
"ThrowLw",
"CapturePulledHi",
"CaptureWaitHi",
"CaptureDamageHi",
"CapturePulledLw",
"CaptureWaitLw",
"CaptureDamageLw",
"CaptureCut",
"CaptureJump",
"[No Name]",
"[No Name]",
"EscapeF",
"EscapeB",
"EscapeN",
"EscapeAir",
"Rebound",
"T[CharName]ThrowF",
"T[CharName]ThrowB",
"T[CharNameThrowHi",
"T[CharName]ThrowLw",
"TBowser(?)ThrowLwPeach",
"Pass",
"Ottotto",
"OttottoWait",
"WallDamage",
"StopCeil",
"StopWall",
"MissFoot",
"CliffCatch",
"CliffWait",
"CliffClimbSlow",
"CliffClimbQuick",
"CliffAttackSlow",
"CliffAttackQuick",
"CliffEscapeSlow",
"CliffEscapeQuick",
"CliffJumpSlow1",
"CliffJumpSlow2",
"CliffJumpQuick1",
"CliffJumpQuick2",
"AppealR",
"AppealL",
"TDonkeyThrowFWait",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkSlow",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkMiddle",
"TDonkeyThrowFWalkFast",
"TDonkeyThrowFTurn",
"TDonkeyThrowFF",
"TDonkeyThrowFB",
"TDonkeyThrowFHi",
"TDonkeyThrowFLw",
"TCaptainSpecialHi",
"TYoshiSpecialN",
"TKoopaSpecial****",
"TKoopaSpecialSEndF",
"TKoopaSpecialSEndB",
"TKoopaSpecialAir****",
"TKoopaSpecialAirSEndF",
"TKoopaSpecialAirSEndB",
"TKirbySpecialNSpit",
"TKirbySpecialNDrink",
"FuraSleepStart",
"FuraSleepLoop",
"FuraSleepEnd",
"TMewtwoSpecialS",
"TMewtwoSpecialAirS",
"ItemHammerWait",
"ItemHammerMove",

]
name_ids = [
63, # 3F
70, #47
76, #4D
165, #A5
175, #AF
181, #B5
78, #4E
89, #59
79, #4F
88,#58
92,#5C
106, #6A
130, #82
131, #83
134, #86
144, #90
145, #91
147, #93
149, #95
159, #9F
165, #A4
90, #5A
91, #5B
37, #25
40, #28
183, #B7
192, #C0
204, #CC
286, #11E
291, #123
205, #CD
242, #F2
260, #104
42, #2A
43, #2B
41, #29
44, #2C
45, #2D
262, #106
266, #10A
209, #D1
212, #D4
214, #D6
215, #D7
217, #D9
219, #DB
228, #E4
239, #EF
240, #F0
267, #10B
285, #11D
284, #11C
206, #CE
208, #D0
292, #124
132, #84
]
Each name's position in the list can be used to find its id, or vice versa.
All the subactions in the table of contents are
000a
000b
000c
000d
000d
000e
000f
001a
001b
001c
001d
001e
001f
002e
002f
003a
003b
003c
003d
003e
003f
004a
004b
004c
004d
00a5
00a6
00a7
00a8
00a9
00aa
00ab
00ac
00ad
00ae
00af
00b0
00b1
00b2
00b3
00b4
00b5
004e
004f
005c
005d
005e
005f
006a
006b
006c
006d
006e
006f
007a
007b
007c
007d
007e
007f
008a
008b
008c
008d
008e
008f
009a
009b
009c
009d
009e
009f
00a0
00a1
00a2
00a3
00a4
005a
005b
00b7
00b8
00b9
00ba
00bb
00bc
00bd
00be
00bf
00c0
00c1
00c2
00c3
00c4
00c5
00c6
00c7
00c8
00c9
00ca
00cb
00cc
011e
011f
00cd
00f2
00f2
00f3
00f3
00f4
00f5
00f6
00f7
00f8
00f9
00fa
00fb
00fc
00fd
00fe
00ff
002a
002b
002c
002d
010a
00d1
00d2
00d3
00d4
00d6
00d5
00d6
00d7
00d8
00d9
00db
00dc
00dd
00de
00df
00e0
00e1
00e2
00e3
00e4
00ef
00f0
010b
010c
010d
010e
010f
00fe
011a
011b
001d
011d
011c
001d
00ce
00cf
00d0
00cd
001e
001f
I spent quite a lot of time sorting through each subaction to tie it to the numbers, and I found out I missed a few numbers. :(

no, Crazy Hand generates the subaction names procedurally when you run the program so they aren't stored locally (not directly anyways). Though a few tweaks to the code would let it generate a list and store it pretty easily. I might be able to do that sometime soon for you. Finals week right now though so it might be a bit haha.

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
I suggest removing any other FSMs you have, and only set a fsm on frame 0 for 6x. Bowsers specialLwLanding is when he hits the ground and is in lag, not the trip down.
I had no other FSMs, and it was indeed a FSM on frame 0 for 6x on Bowser's specialLwLanding. I don't know what's going on the trip down but it crashes there when I use FSM

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
The problem is FSM patch in it of itself. I had no FSMs but the patch turned on and it crashed. What's happening?? Super weird. Appears to happen randomly + when bowser starts his trip down.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
I had no other FSMs, and it was indeed a FSM on frame 0 for 6x on Bowser's specialLwLanding. I don't know what's going on the trip down but it crashes there when I use FSM
Make sure you are using V1.02, reset your bowser character and try again. If its still bad either recreate your copy of melee or reset all characters.

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
Make sure you are using V1.02, reset your bowser character and try again. If its still bad either recreate your copy of melee or reset all characters.
Ooooh! I was using v1.00, my bad! I haven't tried it yet but I'm assuming that's the problem. Alright, thanks a bunch, I'll edit my post like usual to update on the situation!
EDIT: Yep, it works now. Awesome! Thanks, this is so fun :)

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Anybody know how to prevent a move from sending you into free fall? Specifically Fox and Falco's side Bs are most important rn
I'd suggest looking at the asm code for preventing free fall for falcon/ganon's side-b. Otherwise you might want to try changing animation interrupts. Read one of my previous posts in this thread, I believe I posted about special Interrupts and stuff like that.

Top Bottom