• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU that is closest to human

kingPiano

Smash Ace
At this point after having played competitive Melee for a while I'm able to easily 10 stock all the CPUs using any character (except Pichu) but there are still some that can take a stock off me every now and then. Some are even better than my casual friends...

I'm saying the following under the assumption that I don't use the obvious ledge stall cheesing/gimping that works on all CPUs.

Mario - b/c of the insane reaction time of lvl 7-9 CPUs his fast Nair, good jab combo, and disjointed F-smash combined with Mario's low hitstun and weird weight weight/fall speed can be pretty dangerous. Somehow the CPU makes Mario grab range looks not crappy.

Doc - an easier to kill version of Mario, but still can be annoying. Can't even seem to connect Fairs on me even though the CPU throws them out a lot at high percents.

Peach - Actually uses F-throw as a KO move; well spaced Upsmashes, Nairs, random Fsmashes, annoying with turnips, but uses the toad and side b too much. Hard to edgeguard with some characters.

DK - Can be surprisingly difficult and dangerous throws out perfectly spaced Hand Claps, Dairs, F-tilts, and F-smashes. Also hard to edgeguard with some characters.

Jigglypuff - Will almost always trade and give you inevitable damage, doesn't use any or her good moves really but still somehow can be annoying on and off stage.

Most of the other cast especially the top tiers are way to predictable in neutral and off stage and I can usually JV 11 them. Luigi is by far the worst IMO usually SD'ing himself, and CF and Ganon being the easiest to predict.

Last edited:
Top Bottom