• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Covering bad MUs

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
I'm curious as to who I should secondary to cover Ivy's bad matchups, especially Marth, Sheik, Sonic, Link, Falco, and Fox. Right now I'm secondarying Wario and Jiggly, but I also play pretty well with Snake, Game and Watch, and Kirby among others.

Pretty much I'm looking for a character that will have a good matchup against at least some of these characters (especially Marth). I'm willing to learn most characters to help out.

Servine1212

Smash Rookie
I'm curious as to who I should secondary to cover Ivy's bad matchups, especially Marth, Sheik, Sonic, Link, Falco, and Fox. Right now I'm secondarying Wario and Jiggly, but I also play pretty well with Snake, Game and Watch, and Kirby among others.

Pretty much I'm looking for a character that will have a good matchup against at least some of these characters (especially Marth). I'm willing to learn most characters to help out.
Well honestly I feel dedede best suits ivysaur as a secondary. He out ranges sword characters, edgeguards spaces like clock work, inhales all of sonics approaches, and goes positive against Link. Kirby would also be good as he can do a number on the melee top 5 if played correctly, but I dropped kirby after he got nerfed pretty badly. Overall if u wanna pickup a new character pickup dedede or just use kirby.ivysaur doesn't really need a secondary tbh but its nice to have. Hope this helped.

Last edited:

Infinite901

Smash Ace
NNID
Infinite901
3DS FC
3282-4624-0341
Hm. I've dabbled in Dedede in the past, and you're right he is quite good against swords. I'll try him out. Thanks :)

Killem

Smash Rookie
NNID
Imfappin
3DS FC
3067-6040-7700
Switch FC
5654 5358 1016
spacies are very good to have as secondaries as they either beat or go even with all of ivy's bad matchups. The only thing is that spacies play almost opposite so for me it can be pretty hard to switch.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
spacies are very good to have as secondaIries as they either beat or go even with all of ivy's bad matchups. The only thing is that spacies play almost opposite so for me it can be pretty hard to switch.
In that case than you should improve your spacing with Ivy. Use side Bs, f-airs, b-airs, and d-tilts as I see those as his best spacing tools.

Top Bottom