• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Couple questions about FC Fairs on shield

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I appologize if these are bad question, I'm quite new to this game, and I'm not too sure how FC Fair on shield works in this game.

Questions:

1) Can you grab your shielding opponent if you hit their shield with a FC Fair, or can they act out of shield before you can grab them?

2) If not, can you use the first hit of jab then grab?

3) If yes to #1, could you still use the first hit of jab then grab?

Thanks!

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
if you perform a perfect FC fair on shield (meaning you land directly after the hitbox connects), peach has an advantage of +4. this means that she has 4 frames to act before the opponent can do ANYTHING. thus, FC fair > jab is a true combo, and will link perfectly on shield. if you attempt to grab, the opponent has 3 frames to do something first. so they could potentially spot dodge, or if you are bowser, charizard, or GW, or someone else with an OOS that comes out that quickly, then you could potentially escape with extremely good timing.

the answer to 3 is yes. if you hit with jab, you can quickly press down to cancel the link into the second hit, then grab, although that is not safe on shield (you can get shield grabbed for that unless the jab pokes their shield).

a good peach player will consistently vary up the way they pressure on shield. she has tons of great frame traps, but if you do the same thing every time, a good opponent can outlast you in his shield and punish you when your sequence is over. the key is to mix up when you do jabs, grabs, dsmashes, or straight up DD back (to bait out an OOS and punish it) such that the opponent can never get the timing or the right OOS for the given situation. sometimes do a dsmash right after a FC, sometimes, do a jab combo, sometimes a grab. sometimes, do the first hit of the grab, and then dsmash, or alternatively, grab. keep it fresh.

Top Bottom