• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Couple of Project M Combo Videos :) Let me know what you think!

Βearzor

Smash Cadet
These combos look awesome! I feel like I have so much to learn from this. Now I just want to train in PM all day.

I love your Wolf combos. They look particularly fun. :)

NTHPlayr

Smash Cadet
NNID
NTH112
:)Great combos! My favorite ones were the Lucario ones. I'm considering picking him up. :lucario:

NTHPlayr

Smash Cadet
NNID
NTH112
Also are there any notable Lucario players that I should know?

Last edited:

Hiddles

Smash Rookie
+1 sub! Amazing combos!!! Does anybody here have the 3ds version?

CND

Smash Cadet
I think my biggest suggestion for future videos would be to be more conscious of the music while editing the clips together such as the trying to match hits with notable notes in the music. You kind of had such a moment in the MetaMatrix video with the Lucario combo on Ike starting around 3:12. If that started a little earlier so that aerial force palm started up (maybe a little beforehand) with that musical bit that starts near the aFP animation, that would have been cooler. Since you do not have the sound effects, I believe you need the music to fill that role and substitute as the sound effects to a notable extent. Some successful moments in the MetaMorphosis video are the Lucario Aura Bomb around 0:50 and the end of the Mewtwo combo around 3:00. In the Mewtwo combo, I like how the dair, the teleport, and grabbing the ledge match with musical cues. Also, it might be beneficial to edit the music to reduce the really quiet moments of the song or find combos that match those moments such maybe the Mr. Game & Watch dash attack combo or maybe a combo that has a lot of tech skill build up to it.

Try to let the combos finish before transitioning to the next shot, such as the Wolf dair at 3:10 in the MetaMatrix video and the Lucario Aura Bomb at around 5:20 in the MetaMorphosis. Also, I think there is something to seeing the player getting back to stage after going far offstage to finish a combo, but that is not as important as seeing a conclusion to a combo.

Also, in the MetaMorphosis combo video, it is really odd that it starts off with a couple of Captain Falcon graphics that is immediately followed by Captain Falcon being comboed by Meta Knight. I think it might have been better to start off with Captain Falcon comboing someone else.

CND

Smash Cadet
It's probably not be the best place to ask (and answer). The Top Players & Videos By Character v3.5 has your answers:
http://smashboards.com/threads/top-players-videos-by-character-v3-5.378056/
I don't think such a thread has been made for 3.6 Beta yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wm0R7vdlOk
While we are on the topic of Lucario players and to make this relevant to this thread, this combo video featuring Mr. R illustrates the point I was making about trying to create a sense of synchronicity between the music and the combos.

Last edited:

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Glad you enjoyed, Cruz Control is pretty sick, also check out Mr R Lucario combo video. Really sick
:)Great combos! My favorite ones were the Lucario ones. I'm considering picking him up. :lucario:
Definitely pick him up! So much fun, also check out Cruz Control and Mr R lucario combo video, pretty sick!

Last edited:

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
It's probably not be the best place to ask (and answer). The Top Players & Videos By Character v3.5 has your answers:
http://smashboards.com/threads/top-players-videos-by-character-v3-5.378056/
I don't think such a thread has been made for 3.6 Beta yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wm0R7vdlOk
While we are on the topic of Lucario players and to make this relevant to this thread, this combo video featuring Mr. R illustrates the point I was making about trying to create a sense of synchronicity between the music and the combos.
Yes Mr R does this very well, sometimes depending on the music it can be tough, given the clip lengths

NTHPlayr

Smash Cadet
NNID
NTH112
Glad you enjoyed, Cruz Control is pretty sick, also check out Mr R Lucario combo video. Really sick

Definitely pick him up! So much fun, also check out Cruz Control and Mr R lucario combo video, pretty sick!
He's starting to become my secondary. And I'll check out that Cruz Control and Mr R combo video.

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Check Out IPK, he had a sick run at Paragon too, one of the best punish games of any Lucario.

Top Bottom