• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Couple of early string starters

Maxiz

Smash Rookie
So i have been testing a couple of early combos:

Dtilt -----> Utilt -------> timed sweetspot Dair -------> grab into a forwad throw -----> Fair
so for this string the main problem is the grab after Dair, when you do Dair it will make any character (besides heavys) tumble in the air allowing a small amount of frames to grab. to not time the grab you can Dtilt and grab them then.

Dtilt ----->Utilt ------>Up B
This works at 0% up to 34% , max 36% if you Up B and then left on the move stick to land closer. most characters , 0% up to 42% , max 45% if you Up B and then left on the move stick to land closer. (heavy weights)

Dtilt------> Utilt ------> alot of moves (Usmash , Dsmash , Fsmash , Uair , Fair , Bair , Up B)

MA_DA_Oh

Smash Cadet
Looking to better my own so bumping to know, doest anyone with more experience knows if these still work after the later patches?

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
From my time and still constant use of Incin

Down tilt will remain your combo starter for a good portion of your game plan. Combos into Fair most easily butcan catch them with Nair if they DI in. This combo is virtually guaranteed from my experience and can be a great kill confirm on ledge if you 2frame their recovery with dtilt then fair them.

Dtilt can still combo into utilt and further into uair but depends on the character and their options. Uair isn't always guaranteed and may require a read. Might need to utilt a couple times depending on percent and character to damage them enough for them to be sent high enough for the uair.

There is also dthrow into fair which works a lot of the time early on and requires.

Don't have exact percents on this cuz I'm a 'feel' player rather than 'numbers' player. I just tend to know when they work in the moment but never look at the %'s when I'm doing them. XD

Top Bottom