• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick Stages (vs. Kirby)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*cough* -drags necro up- *cough*

Kirby

All I can say is cp: Norfair, Brinstar, RC

anywhere open and you can play in the air.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I see kirbys trying for our zero to death on ps1 (just tech it, I am told), so go for BF (Kirbys hate BF), Lyatt or FD in that order, I feel SV and PS1 we have less of an advantage that we already have

I can see brinstar as an advantage to kirby as he can kill you super early but zss is so sexy on that stage that it doesnt affect me. I let brinstar open when banning stages because they will normally CP me =D

I'd ban RC

I'd also like to mention in norfair for tactics, if you winning just stay on the lowest platform possible and platform camp and wait for them to give you something good (IMO ok stage for zss, and our recovery options are amazing as well).

solecalibur

Smash Master
I know you can see it from a mile away but worth mentioning when ever we talk about kirby and ps1 as I dont want a zss main to come in and say "Oh I didnt know that"

solecalibur

Smash Master
Come on it was awhile ago =( more or less he read when I was recovering and upthrow ....
WTH

I still beat him though lol

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Ling Ling took me to PS1 as Kirby yesterday, but I didn't have to worry about instant kill throw shenanigans. What is it?

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Ummm, I like Battlefield for kirby. Probably FD is a most unliked stage for Kirby and better for ZSS. Also Castle Siege is a stage normally not liked for Kirby players.

Delfino- is a good Kirby stage. He has a swallowcide from underneath the platform when it's moving above the water

Brinstar- Kirby can extend his down B hit box if he lands on the part of the stage the separates the stage. Also he has a rock slide glitch on the platform to the right when it's released from that ooze chain thingy...He can also Down B through the Lava without receiving damage. Also he can kill early with his Fsmash, His Usmash and his Uthrow.

Halberd- is good depending on the character your going against... but against ZSS...it's in Kirbys Advantage.

Rainbow -is good for both characters. Kirby has a wall infinite on the boat. Also can up throw to the top of the stage for early kills.....

Yoshi's Island vs Kirby is preference based. Since you can't go under the stage.... which is a plus for ZSS. Bouncing off the walls can create cool mind games as well.

PS1 is good for Kirby just as it's good for ZSS...since her Tether can go through most of the obstacles. Kirby has that rock slide glitch on the lil tree on one transformation that can catch a few people off guard. I have yet face a good Kirby on PS1 so that Ninja Spike is news to me... Although I knew about the one on Lucario...

Frigate Orpheon- A lot of people CP this stage against me when I'm ZSS. It's a decent stage for her. The first stage is the only one that exploits her weakness since the right side doesn't have a ledge to grab on to. So taking Kirby here isn't the best idea since he has numerous jumps.

Lylat- This would be a good CP against a Kirby. Taking advantage of the platforms are a breeze with Usmash and UpB.

Smashville- Is simple and the most neutral of them all. So it's all about preference. Though I like to choose either with both characters.

Green Greens- is not a stage that should be legal... but it's in Kirbys advantage, since ZSS needs mobility on the entire stage.

Ummm I believe that I covered most of the stages...

Kirby doesn't really have a bad stage PERIOD. And neither does ZSS unless Japes is legal. But CP stage that take away from Kirby's Fsmash power. That's the best thing I can suggest....

Also, My wifi is working now...so if anyone would like to practice with me...I'll more than likely be on all day once I come from the gym...I'm taking a break from the tournament scene for a while. Probably a few months...

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, expect like... every character to be done by next wednesday.
I'm gonna put my opinion on the ones we have not covered, and you guys can put in your input on them, and I will alter it. This way is just too slow/I'm lazy or busy.

xxpatgxx

Smash Journeyman
I always thought Halbard was a great cp against kirby, as ZSS. Although that stage can be considered a double-edged sword as both characters kill each other pretty early, ZSS can bait kirby's jumps and follow him up the screen to KO with U-air at lower percents.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
sooooo what's the next character NR? ;o

bump ftw ;D
When I stop being a lazy bum, I'm just gonna put stuff up for every character. It took wy too long the normal way.
Then, I will have a discussion on EVERY character. :D

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We need to discuss all the stages that were just made CPs by the BR, as well as striking strategies with the new starter list (which I think is very well done btw)

Here is your format

Starters
# Battlefield
# Yoshi's Island
# Smashville
# Lylat Cruise
# Pokémon Stadium
# Final Destination
# Castle Siege
# Delfino Plaza
# Halberd
---