• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countering command grabs

6lkhokage

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys! I'm new to here and to smash Ultimate and I currently main Corrin. I was can someone give me some tips and pointers on how to beat Bowser as Corrin. Having trouble facing my friend who uses bowser nothing else really is a problem but the side b is something he spams a lot need a help with beating him and finding was to punish the side b and him in general

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
In what situations do you get grabbed the most?

Does he run up and grab you? Go on the offensive and attack him before he does anything, or dodge his grab. You can do this with your defensive shield options (roll, spot dodge, wavedash) or by moving out of the way and then punishing the endlag. Fair and dtilt are your best offensive options, fair because it has good range and can be used while advancing/retreating and dtilt because it's quick. I also like to use the back hit of uair since it looks cool and it's a wide hitbox, but it's not as good.
If you use a defensive option, try to time it so that you dodge just a little before his grab starts, rather than just as it happens. His side B lasts one frame while most of your options longer than that, so you can take advantage of your lingering frames.

Does he grab from the air? Call him out with an anti-air like utilt or do the same things I mentioned above.

Does he grab while you're on a platform? Try not to spend too much on a platform and instead think of them as a way to mix up your movement. Make him think, "Do I aim above or below the platform?"

Bowser approaching is risky for him because Corrin's frame data and range are both better, so always keep him a little at bay even when you're making an approach. Always be on the move and don't let him get right in your face.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I like to space grapple-happy Bowsers/Ganondorfs/Ridleys out with FSmash. Even if you mistime it, he charging hitbox can easily intercept the move.

Top Bottom