• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counter projectile spam on ledge?

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
A friend who mains Luigi often spams fireballs while I’m off the stage. They’re slow and frequent enough that I can’t easily get back on the stage. Furthermore I can’t see a way to punish this should I get back to the stage, as Luigi isn’t close enough to hit.
Any ideas?

Bcinq

Smash Rookie
Psi magnet for energy projectile users. for non energy projectile users, get off ledge, then DJ and airdodge onstage, and quickly shield. Also do not be repetitive
That is what i do at least...

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that's what I thought when I read that. Seems like Ness would fall just fast enough to be helpless. As for what Bcinq said, I'm not confident with PSI magnet yet but that's another issue, I'll try that. Thanks.

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
It seems I wasn't clear enough. A more accurate statement would be “instant DJC PKT from ledge”.

Bcinq

Smash Rookie
It seems I wasn't clear enough. A more accurate statement would be “instant DJC PKT from ledge”.
isn't there a grab off ledge-PKT1-if PKT1 Head's hit grab ledge-if not hit ground FAST so you can grab ledge.
I know it can be outranged but if seen nearly every top ness use it, and i use it too.

kraw23

Smash Apprentice
Double jump cancel. PKT cancels a double jump.
So the inputs would be:
Grab ledge
Press away from ledge (left for the right ledge, vice versa)
Press jump
Immediately press up+B
Point your PKT towards the stage (not the enemy)
Ness will shoot a PKT and once it cancels itself he will grab ledge

This is useful against the situation you describe because if they aren't expecting it they will get hit and knocked away long enough for you to use a getup option and reset neutral.

Top Bottom