• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could they Work In Smash?

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
First person says a character they think would be nice for Smash.

Next person says wether or not they think the character could realistically work in Smash, while staying accurate to their game series. Then they say another character, and can also give a bit of an explanation for how the year would make their moveset/gimmick if they want to.

Remember this is NOT “Should this character be in Smash?” It’s “Could this character work in Smash?”

Try to pick characters who might be difficult to implement accurately

I’ll start with Manny from Grim Fandango

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
From what I've just now read, yes. Seems like he could use different items he collects, pulling them out of his coat/inventory and using them as weapons.

Master Core from the Smash Bros series

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Absolutely. Transforming into other forms could make a pretty interesting moveset. Master Core is a bit big, but that’s not an issue at all really

Okay this is inevitable so I’ll get it out of the way now: Impostor from Among Us

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I think there's just barely enough to go off of thanks to the game's tasks and kill animations. So yes, but Sak will have to take some creative liberties.

Going with the "colored bean with legs" theme: Fall Guy from Fall Guys

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure, honestly. A Fall Guy has a limited moveset and below-average mobility. He would only work if he summoned obstacles for his attacks.

The Fool from Sayonara Wild Hearts

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Not really. I dont think there’s enough moves for her to stand in her own and her movement options might be a slight bit of an issue.

The prince from Katamari Damacy

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Yes. I love the idea of using a ball for all of your attacks. Though it would be a bit complicated I'm sure he could work.

Metal Sonic (as a non-echo)

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
I’m pretty sure any Pokemon could work. Cinderace could a fast melee powerhouse, while Rillaboom‘s height, speed, and weight could be similar to Donkey Kong’s.

Kite from .hack

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Yeah that could work as a semi-clone. It would be a bit weird and I might not like it,but could work

Trainer from Pokemon Go
I never really played Pokémon GO, but I feel like they’d be a semi-clone of :ultpokemontrainer:. They’d work, but AFAIK, they wouldn’t be fully unique.

Alm (Fire Emblem Gaiden AKA Echoes: Shadows of Valentia); here’s my moveset for him

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
He can work. I mean if you were able to make a moveset for him I'm sure it's possible. However it wouldn't happen in Ultimate, I don't see us getting another Fire Emblem character anytime soon.

Madeline (Celeste)

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
Wow, I never thought of Sakura getting in. I honestly really want another Hack ‘n Slash character. She would probably be Mario’s speed and Link’s weight

Boy and His Blob from A Boy and His Blob

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends, if Boy and Blob were treated as a single entity like Duck Hunt it could work quite well, but if treated as two characters like the ICs or their games of origin it likely wouldn't.

Ripper Roo

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
Oh my god, I’ve been wanting Mimikyu playable. I think he would be a good Dark/Ghost-type rep. Shadow Ball could be his neutral special, iron tail could be his down special, etc. But like I said earlier, I feel like any Pokémon could work.

The Master from ActRaiser

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Give a reason, don't just say "eh, no" or "eh, sure." If you know nothing or don't care about the character and are just trusting your gut, either wait for a character you can speak in confidence about or look up a Wikia article or gameplay footage.

Anyway, The Master (in statue form) wouldn't be all that unique compared to other swordies (unless they focused a little more on his wings than his sword), but he could undoubtedly work.

I'll try this again, Ripper Roo.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I think he could work by using his legs to attack and kick with as well biting with his mouth, he has a cane to jump around in Crash 2 and a kart in Crash Team Racing to drive around running over opponents.

The Octane car from Rocket League

Gaming-101

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling the Chosen Undead could be a bit like Byleth.

Andy from Advance Wars

Kikio4546

Smash Cadet
That could work tbh. IDK how but at least it's not another swordfighter

Monokuma (Danganronpa)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
I think so, but just bearly.

A comedian who only tells bad jokes. Gex, but most of his moves are him telling bad jokes. His gimmick is telling enough bad jokes to get the opponent to uncontrollably throw a tomato at Gex and boo at him, leaving them vulnerable with long end lag and said tomato being slow and basically useless.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I think so, but just bearly.

A comedian who only tells bad jokes. Gex, but most of his moves are him telling bad jokes. His gimmick is telling enough bad jokes to get the opponent to uncontrollably throw a tomato at Gex and boo at him, leaving them vulnerable with long end lag and said tomato being slow and basically useless.
No.

Another Adventure Mode for Ultimate involving the DLC Spirits and the post-launch event Spirits.

Top Bottom