• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could the lack of edgehogging affect us?

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Hey!

I'm playing European demo and I am wondering something... You know Ness' recovery move is pretty easy to be punished. Until today, there was a risk in abandoning the stage in order to punish a recovery: the edgehogging. But now... there's no such risk... So, do you think maybe Ness' recovery is going to be even worse than in other installments?

aralove

Smash Rookie
NNID
aralove
Ness' PK Thunder has been buffed to where it is no longer absorbed if it hits an opponent as soon as it is used. It takes a moment before it can be. That makes Ness' recovery much harder to gimp.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Ness' PK Thunder has been buffed to where it is no longer absorbed if it hits an opponent as soon as it is used. It takes a moment before it can be. That makes Ness' recovery much harder to gimp.
Hm, can you explain this in detail? How exactly did they design the PKT so opponents can't absorb it at first?

Last edited:

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
Hm, can you explain this in detail? How exactly did they design the PKT so opponents can't absorb it at first?
Think of it as becoming slightly more like Lucas's PK Thunder. Lucas's PKT was able to pass through enemies multiple times without being absorbed. Ness's new, improved PKT is similar to this, but still not quite. It seems to only have this immunity for a couple frames before being absorbed, unlike in Brawl where it was absorbed instantly.
Hope this helps!

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
Think of it as becoming slightly more like Lucas's PK Thunder. Lucas's PKT was able to pass through enemies multiple times without being absorbed. Ness's new, improved PKT is similar to this, but still not quite. It seems to only have this immunity for a couple frames before being absorbed, unlike in Brawl where it was absorbed instantly.
Hope this helps!
Well, that makes it better... but still think he is pretty vulnerable to meteors/spikes while performing the PKT circle.

SyMag

Smash Cadet
NNID
PKThunda
3DS FC
1805-2965-9302
Well, that makes it better... but still think he is pretty vulnerable to meteors/spikes while performing the PKT circle.
Well I don't have the game yet so I can't confirm this, but I think someone in another thread in this discussion forum mentioned something about Ness's chances of being gimped out of PKT were lower now that this has been introduced?

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
The lack of edgehogging should actually help a character with a predictable recovery like Ness. This means that grabbing the edge will remain an option, instead of being forced to recovery directly onto/above the stage. Granted, being able to control PKT2 so as to confuse and evade your opponent is another matter, but more options is always better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom