• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could someone explain 3.5 Diddy's bananas?

Aidalicious

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've heard people talk about a mini shine and that Diddy's bananas are different in the air now or something. could someone please explain how his bananas work and the changes in 3.5? thanks.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Ground bananas work the same. If a banana hits in the air, it has the same ~30 degree angle, but now it has knockback growth so it can kill/gimp/set up more edgeguarding/as extend combos as % goes higher.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Really wish they would bring back two bananas. -_-
I don't, and I'm usually resentful on big changes and thought Guy was lame for wanting only one (he did prior to Smash 4 I believe). Like he'd go on to say, it got kind of brainless in a lot of ways.

It's his Peanut Gun's AD cancel ALONG with the banana to make him a lot funner than Brawl/Smash 4. Man is he a mess in Smash 4 now with the patches, that game is so messed up.

It was awesome though
https://youtu.be/z7JsFY-5kow?t=92

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
This clip just makes me miss Project 3.02. -_- I miss when everyone was OP as hell.

Top Bottom