• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Little Mac be top tier in SSBU?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I guess you’ve gotta live on hope between Smash games when you’re a Little Mac main

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is it me or is Little Mac... Worse?

I like the new KO Punch. And turning around from Straight Lunge.... But that's really it.

I hate Side+B... Who had the bright idea to make it the only non-rechargeable-on-hit recovery move in the entre game?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Is it me or is Little Mac... Worse?

I like the new KO Punch. And turning around from Straight Lunge.... But that's really it.

I hate Side+B... Who had the bright idea to make it the only non-rechargeable-on-hit recovery move in the entre game?
I really don’t know if he’s worse. I never played 4 I just know he’s really bad in Ultimate. The huge emphasis on air game and edge guarding in Ultimate in general has probably made him worse. A lot of characters can throw Little Mac off the stage at any percentage and just gimp him. I don’t know if he’s worse than 4 but he’s almost definitely the worst character in Ultimate and it’s physics didn’t help him at all

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
quite frankly, bad air game aside, hes pretty strong imo.
The only capital problem is he is not only the ONLY freakin character that can be gimped on recovery without even trying, he's also one of the easiest to get over the edge. Pretty much any hit that isnt a jab or hitting his armor attacks sends him over the edge enough for ANYBODY to just "poke" and he cant get back.
Plus his UpB bypassing edges is murder for him. The amount of people ive had sit there waiting for me to poke my head up, knowing i wouldnt stop at the ledge, is ridiculous.

They buffed Inceniroar's recovery for some reason, even though he was actually harder to gimp than mac in the first place AND has air game. No idea why they didnt buff mac. Simply giving his side-b back if he gets hit would be enough to make him atleast a challenge to keep down, since his jump/upb has practically 0 horizontal coverage he cant even move 3 characters space over w/o it...

Eggimannd

Smash Rookie
I honestly do not understand people that think little mac is weak. ****ing broken ass damage and counters.

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
I honestly do not understand people that think little mac is weak. ****ing broken *** damage and counters.
Counter is punishable, recovery is trash, combos are non existent, aerials are non existent, gets juggled, and side b is the only recovery move that doesn’t replenish on hit.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
The abysmal recovery is his problem. That is literally the only reason hes not broken and in fact pretty bad in all fairness.
Since his upb likes to not grab ledges and his sideb goes in a high arc, just poke him as hes recovering and he's dead. Literally that easy, i have NEVER recovered from being hit over the edge even if it didnt take away my sideb or 2nd jump.
I kinda wish they'd buff his recovery so he can at least get back once in awhile, but at the same token his power level is so insane he could easily become truly op if his recovery was better.

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
quite frankly, bad air game aside, hes pretty strong imo.
The only capital problem is he is not only the ONLY freakin character that can be gimped on recovery without even trying, he's also one of the easiest to get over the edge. Pretty much any hit that isnt a jab or hitting his armor attacks sends him over the edge enough for ANYBODY to just "poke" and he cant get back.
Plus his UpB bypassing edges is murder for him. The amount of people ive had sit there waiting for me to poke my head up, knowing i wouldnt stop at the ledge, is ridiculous.

They buffed Inceniroar's recovery for some reason, even though he was actually harder to gimp than mac in the first place AND has air game. No idea why they didnt buff mac. Simply giving his side-b back if he gets hit would be enough to make him atleast a challenge to keep down, since his jump/upb has practically 0 horizontal coverage he cant even move 3 characters space over w/o it...
I main him look he's the best as long you don't get hit

Zakyyn

Smash Rookie
little mac is the most aggressive character in the roster in my opinion and he can and is the best character IF you play him aggressively with his ground moves and counter but if you dont he is sitting duck 🦆🦆

Top Bottom